http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Spank1.png
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

starting to regret my Razorbacks tattoo

Come with us back to those inglorious days when heroes weren't zeros. Before fair was square. When the cavalry came straight away and all-American men were like Hemingway to the days of the wondrous B movie. Gil Scott-Heron
Blue Moon +

Sick ****el

Times thanked
<
Back on free to air. It's a good start.
http://soundcloud.com/blue-tune
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,661 Times in 2,288 Posts
wow 5 replies, thats pretty good for the NBL
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Life trainwreck stories, bewbs, mod angering drug implicated posts and 2fast2furious only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mliro View Post

that’s terrible spastic
also I would imagine a little disheartening that he has never attempted to drug rape you?

trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
<
Spanky, here is an email I got from my mates who have started up the Kings blog:

Quote:

Dear Kings/basketball fans

Check out kidneystings.com
Like 1977 in Cambodia the sound of laughter has left the inner city. Like the citizens of Phnom Penh a shadowy hand has emptied our places of public gathering and taken away our right to free basketball assembly. But unlike the citizens of Angkor we Kings fans have had the fist of a narcissistic vulture capitalist slammed into our collective gonads. In 2008 Tim Johnston used some magic fuel additive beans to climb into the castle of the Kings and sack it so thoroughly all that was left was a wall hanging and some removable floor parquetry. But Tim’s reign has come to an end.

Today he cowers in sleazy exile somewhere in Glamorgan, or possibly Fife. Maybe one day we’ll capture him and return him to the Kingdome, naked and in stocks, to watch the game courtside in a private box with an engorged thoroughbred stallion… But in a shattered land the need for revenge must come second to the need for renewal. This is Year Zero, but the future is bright, as we anticipate the return not just the King, but the Kings…

I wanted to formally let you know about a new blog kidneystings.com which will be dedicated to the coverage of the Sydney Kings, the NBL and sport in general in Sydney. You have been personally chosen as a friend of Vic or Dave but more importantly a supporter of basketball in Sydney. I’m sure you have all shared a hangover on a school night care of JBs and a night out with the Kings. Cheered when Ebi Ere turned tragedy into triumph. Mocked accordingly “Mick Crocker style” when we swept the Hawks to secure our three-peat. Heckled in the dark times, lamented the losses and shed a tear at the passing of the godfather Mike Wrublewski.

Basketball is back in Sydney and to that we are eternally grateful. The Kings flame had been temporarily blown out by the evil wrongdoings of Tim “Firepower” Johnson. Walking through Chinatown today I can see the purple and gold streamers in windows of noodle houses and massage parlours.

We represent the good times and the bad. We love Sydney basketball and want to share our experiences as Kings fans with you. We’ve had some great stories to tell supporting the Kings in the past and this year will be no different. But kidneystings.com is more than that. It is a forum for fans of basketball, sport and enjoying life. So help us spread the word (ie forward this email to any basketball fans you know). We hope to be the best Kings Blog site by the end of the year. If you want to contribute please let us know. Anyone who actually knows how to make a website/blog look good and perform well (because we certainly don't) your help/advice would be much appreciated. The site is still a long way from being perfect.

Win or lose the kidneys will sting. Maybe the liver as well....

Regards
The team at Kidney Stings.

Come with us back to those inglorious days when heroes weren't zeros. Before fair was square. When the cavalry came straight away and all-American men were like Hemingway to the days of the wondrous B movie. Gil Scott-Heron
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,090 Times in 1,065 Posts
I used to be a season kings holder for 3 or so years, then what happened happened, didn't have foxtel couldn't watch.

to be honest I thought the NBL was dead.

Good to see its clawing its way back up. Good luck to the kings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

Any sex enthusiast should whore it up at least once in their life IMO,
Its the oldest profession in the world.
Are you calling everyone wrong?.

CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,172 Posts
The rest of this thread should be dedicated to Phil Smyth, the biggest pimp in NBL history
The combover, the sensible socks, he had it all

Listen to your friend Cheely Zane
He is a cool guy...
spanky +

2010 Year of the Tiger

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by trist View Post

Spanky, here is an email I got from my mates who have started up the Kings blog:

hahaha thats a great read mate they have done well, looks like i will be checking out their blog regularly hahaha

Cheel deadset you provide more LOLs on this website then anybody else hahaha
Selling my Pioneer DJM600, send me a PM if your interested

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Spank1.png
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,172 Posts
you lie

but thank you
Listen to your friend Cheely Zane
He is a cool guy...
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,549 Times in 1,791 Posts
thought i might revive this old thread and see if anyone still goes to any matches? i've been a perth member for a few seasons now, but last night was one of the crazier matches i've seen.

i'm sure this article came up on everyone's facebook page, the incident seems to have made headlines all over the world:

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxsports

STAR Sydney Kings import Josh Childress faces an NBL ban after charging Perth’s Jesse Wagstaff in a nasty incident during the Wildcats’ 84-63 triumph on Friday night.

With Perth holding a hefty lead late in the third term, Childress hit the deck after running into an off-ball screen from Wagstaff under the Cats’ basket.

After getting to his feet, Childress responded by running into Wagstaff with a raised forearm as the Perth forward got off a shot.

Childress, who had been one of Sydney’s best with 11 points, was immediately tossed from the game and exited Perth Arena to raucous boos from the home crowd.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/more-spo...-1227101707978

my favourite bit was probably reading childress' sulky tweet after the game

Quote:

Originally Posted by @JChillin

@NBL it was very clear who runs the league and the officials tonight. Maybe the best officiated game I've ever been a part of.

that aside though, it was really interesting to watch a genuine NBA player (who isn't some 40 year old looking for a paychecque at the end of his career) in action in our league. last season we had james ennis, and this season we have deandre daniels, but they are at best peripheral figures in the NBA. childress pulled off some seriously good moves before losing his head, it was a shame that he fucked it up as i was really enjoying watching it.

anyway, that was the first time i had ever seen a player ejected, and a few minutes afterwards i had a second when ben madgen got his second tech for a second flop. outrageous. the only thing that could have put the icing on the cake would have been if damien martin was able to cap off his performance with a triple double - he ended on 9 rebounds, 9 steals, and 8 assists... i can't even imagine a player getting triple double without one of them being points.

so yeah, anyone still watch the NBL?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

Go fuck yourself, Daniel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

Dan is wise and true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

the fuck kind of name is danmowfive

kris-ko +

KoThnxBai

Times thanked
<
Bullets fan here. Suffice it to say it's been hard to give a fuck over the past seven years, but since moving to Sydders I've got behind the Kings without fully embracing them. Not hard to stay noncommittal with some of the garbage they dish out, and this year isn't looking any better. No point guard + no inside game = Fail.

Utter madness from Childress the other night, not sure how suspensions work in hoops but that'd be 12 weeks minimum in NRL. Feel for him and Madgen though, because it's really on them to make anything happen for the Kings unless Cadee and Garlepp start to contribute on the regular.

Perth just monster the Kings on D whenever they play and look the team to beat again. Yet to see Cairns in action yet, but seems them and NZ (who I'm watching on Ten now) are the challengers.

Either way, one more season of treading water and the Brisbane team apparently come in. Will be flying up to get the Jack Nicholson seats for that one.
Words I've Written
Skins (free downloads of deep/tech/prog house originals)
Fromage Of Reason (DJ mix of house reboots of pop classics - Hall & Oates, NKOTB, et al)
SirDrBenny +

Times thanked
<
Yep, cannot wait for the bullets to return. Used to head down the coast for a few Blaze games, but got over the commute quickly. Will be awesome having a local team again. Guessing they'll be back playing at the convention centre?

Went to the Blitz weekend last month too, that was great.
keepcontrol +

Registered Boozer

Times thanked
<
Anyone see the Josh Childress hit on the weekend?

BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,382 Times in 1,226 Posts
i saw about like airballs in the space of 10 minutes watching that game and i thought to myself.. who would watch this?

kings got hammered by 20-odd and could barely scrape together 60 points. in 48 minutes.. I've seen more points scored in a pick up game at the courts near broadway.

thank god we've got some prospects in the big league, i'd rather watch delly warming the bench for the cavs or patty twirling some towels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
keepcontrol +

Registered Boozer

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGroovyFcuker View Post

i'd rather watch delly warming the bench for the cavs or patty twirling some towels.

Didn't actually see the game. Pretty bad huh?

Watched the game week before and Childress was the only one that look threatening.
kris-ko +

KoThnxBai

Times thanked
<
40-minute games. Some half decent scores run up last year, but Kings have been shooting bricks since halfway through the Crocs game.
compressed +

<3 jessica simpson

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGroovyFcuker View Post

i saw about like airballs in the space of 10 minutes watching that game and i thought to myself.. who would watch this?

me. i saw 2 airballs. but you're right, you never see airballs in the nba.

Quote:

60 points. in 48 minutes

they play 40 minute games, and have for a number of years now.
"its kind of like crystal meth freebased in a bong full of foamed milk" | _soundcloud
kris-ko +

KoThnxBai

Times thanked
<
Steve Carfino calling his last game on Ten this arvo after 22 years behind the mic.

Good win for the Kings against NZ last night, Madgen and Childress dominated. Best crowd vibe I've heard at a game in there as well, would be good to see them fill the joint.
Words I've Written
Skins (free downloads of deep/tech/prog house originals)
Fromage Of Reason (DJ mix of house reboots of pop classics - Hall & Oates, NKOTB, et al)

« Previous Thread Next Thread »