The DJ Booth

Dj Equipment in Singapore/Malaysia

Tools
Turniptunes +

Times thanked
< 0
Dj Equipment in Singapore/Malaysia
Hi

In the next few months i am heading to Kuala Lumpur and sinagapore for a little while.

Deos anyone know if Dj equipment....mixers and monitors are cheaper there than AUS?

ta

Marto
mjbrennan +

Times thanked
< 0
The answer to that would be yes, because of the current exchange rates. Probably cheapest in Malaysia at present. But guarantees and warranties would be a bit more difficult to register if bought overseas. Most stuff has a worldwide warranty, so you should be fine.
Wanna buy me somethin in return for my precious information??
Tubby +

Times thanked
< 1
prices i've seen in singapore (sim lim square) even with the exchange rate so much in our favour it's the same or more expensive than aus, and certainly not worthwhile with losing warranty
shaggdoggz +

Times thanked
< 1
Australia is one of the most expensive places when it comes to music gear anywhere in the world, just take note that you can get hit with tax bringing items you have purchased over $1000 (for the individual item) so make sure it doesnt appear to have cost you that much! :-p have fun buying
Turniptunes +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggdoggz

Australia is one of the most expensive places when it comes to music gear anywhere in the world, just take note that you can get hit with tax bringing items you have purchased over $1000 (for the individual item) so make sure it doesnt appear to have cost you that much! :-p have fun buying

Well i am buying this equipment as gift for a friend of mine and will send it to him direct....this will avoid duty as Gifts are exempt...

thanks for the info guys...i'll just check it out whern i get there

ta

M
Wet Cardboard +

all time worst poster

Times thanked
< 1,923
What about Japan? I'll be there in a few weeks. Mmm, cheap electronics.
ninjacharlie +

da da, da da, da daaa

Times thanked
< 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turniptunes

Well i am buying this equipment as gift for a friend of mine and will send it to him direct....this will avoid duty as Gifts are exempt...

thanks for the info guys...i'll just check it out whern i get there

ta

M

Gifts are only exempt if they are under $1000.
dj_ming +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wet Cardboard

What about Japan? I'll be there in a few weeks. Mmm, cheap electronics.

Japan is cheaper then Aus for a only a few things. When i was there earlier this year

Technics 1200/1210 MK6 (they dont sell MK2's over there anymore) are like $600 Aus
Roland Samplers (SP404) are like $200 cheaper

Serato are about the same price.
CDJs are about the same price.
Most mixers are about the same price.

If your in Shibuya, Tokyo...look out for Cisco Records they have an equipment store there. Otherwise they even have DJ Equipment in there big name electronic stores eg: Yodobashi Camera/Bic Camera...Its like walking into Harvey Norman and buying a 1210 MK6
Tubby +

Times thanked
< 1
i saw a few places in tokyo with 1200mk2's for about $400 in november. korg mixers and kaoss pads were about 1/2 - 2/3 aussie prices, everything else was about the same, mixers, headphones etc

« Previous Thread Next Thread »