Gaming, Computers, Phones, and Gadgets

Diablo 3

Closed thread
  Tools
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

BigGroovyFcuker's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 2,309
Posts
12,851

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yergg View Post

You arent invited

i propose the clan name [FYY]

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Dubz's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
< 573
Posts
7,731

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGroovyFcuker View Post

PvE DH
MF Wiz
HC Barb

i've decided will be my first 3 classes. monk looks really cool too though

What does the whole PvE, MF, HC mean?
TroyShaun +

not a user.

TroyShaun's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
< 412
Posts
7,342


Quote:

Originally Posted by legless View Post

Barb got boring in D2. Sort of want again though.

yea after playing teh Beta i got mad addicted to the sound of the Barb smashing shit, that will never get old.

reckon the Witch Doctor will be beast for squad play, so many awesome area effect spells by the looks. and that Titan thing at the end

Dubz - Plaver Vs Enemy > Magic Find??? > Hardcore

if you didn't play diablo 2, Hardcore is - when you die you are dead, start from scratch lose everything...
Twizard +

Life is like a bowl of rice

Twizard's Avatar
Joined
Aug '09
Times thanked
< 65
Posts
409

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGroovyFcuker View Post

i propose the clan name [FYY]

Fuck You Yergg? I never joined any clans in D2, met some nice people from clans but never joined one.
LOKI'D!!

http://vimeo.com/41618569
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Yergg's Avatar
Joined
Apr '11
Times thanked
< 2,524
Posts
3,758

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

What does the whole PvE, MF, HC mean?

Don't stress over all this nerd talk, These dudes are probably awful at the game.

Magic find is the percentage chance you get to find magical items.

PvE is player vs environment just the normal game, You vs the bad computer dudes

HC is hardcore, You die in hardcore, you cant get your character back ever.
TroyShaun +

not a user.

TroyShaun's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
< 412
Posts
7,342
Had a hardcore magic find Barb in D2, was somehwere around %350+ with level 20 find item was pretty useless in hell.
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Yergg's Avatar
Joined
Apr '11
Times thanked
< 2,524
Posts
3,758

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyShaun View Post

Had a hardcore magic find Barb in D2, was somehwere around %350+ with level 20 find item was pretty useless in hell.

I dont believe you
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

BigGroovyFcuker's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 2,309
Posts
12,851

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yergg View Post

These dudes are probably awful at the game

because you totes needed sick microz for d2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Dubz's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
< 573
Posts
7,731
If you go MF what's the pay off? Are you weaker in combat or something?
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Yergg's Avatar
Joined
Apr '11
Times thanked
< 2,524
Posts
3,758

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGroovyFcuker View Post

because you totes needed sick microz for d2?

Nah you just had to not be a retard, Thats why you were bad
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Yergg's Avatar
Joined
Apr '11
Times thanked
< 2,524
Posts
3,758

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

If you go MF what's the pay off? Are you weaker in combat or something?

every item has like a stat budget 20 of x y or z but but not all three.

Think of it like KFC, in a meal you can get either gravy, coleslaw or macaroni salad. MF is one of those sides you have to choose from.

Pay off is that you will find magic items more often to make your dude better, But people saying they are going MF in D3 is kinda lol, It isnt d2 and GF (gold find) is most likely going to be the MF of D3 for the first stretch of its life cycle.
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,083
Posts
22,113

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

If you go MF what's the pay off? Are you weaker in combat or something?

sorcs were pretty much the exclusive MF char in d2 because they could teleport to bosses quicker, could pwn bosses quickly and could be kitted out with gear that accrued the most MF %. they were perfect.

you wouldn't use them as your everyday character, but for the specific purpose of doing 'mf runs' they were awesome. you had a much higher chance of getting dope drops from mephisto, pindle, etc etc etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

BigGroovyFcuker's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 2,309
Posts
12,851

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

If you go MF what's the pay off? Are you weaker in combat or something?

generally you're sacrificing other bonuses (to stats/skills/attack/def etc) to get gear with higher MF.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yergg View Post

Nah you just had to not be a retard, Thats why you were bad

everytime you come up with pearls like that i just think... aren't you a cute little yergy

Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,083
Posts
22,113

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yergg View Post

But people saying they are going MF in D3 is kinda lol, It isnt d2 and GF (gold find) is most likely going to be the MF of D3 for the first stretch of its life cycle.

that's both awesome and terrible news.

i should really have read up more on d3, i gave up ages ago because i wasn't actually convinced it would ever get released.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

BigGroovyFcuker's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 2,309
Posts
12,851

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yergg View Post

Think of it like KFC, in a meal you can get either gravy, coleslaw or macaroni salad. MF is one of those sides you have to choose from.

hahahaha kfc analogy

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Yergg's Avatar
Joined
Apr '11
Times thanked
< 2,524
Posts
3,758

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGroovyFcuker View Post

everytime you come up with pearls like that i just think... aren't you a cute little yergy

This disturbs me cause i had no fucking idea who you were until your previous 2 posts.
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Yergg's Avatar
Joined
Apr '11
Times thanked
< 2,524
Posts
3,758

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho View Post

that's both awesome and terrible news.

i should really have read up more on d3, i gave up ages ago because i wasn't actually convinced it would ever get released.

Yeh hopefully people still go MF like the tards in this thread but with the addition of Artisan GF is really ahead of MF, And elites are guranteed to drop magic items now so MF is really depreciated.

The landscape will most likely change as the game progresses but from what we have seen from the beta GF will be king on release
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

BigGroovyFcuker's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 2,309
Posts
12,851

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yergg View Post

This disturbs me cause i had no fucking idea who you were until your previous 2 posts.

well this forum has a dedicated shorthand for telling you to fuck off so it's pretty obvious you're more well-known around these parts

but yeah i don't really know who you are either, so allow me to reintroduce myself...

Media Player
Plump DJs - Big Groovy Fucker - YouTube

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,083
Posts
22,113
are the item classes much different? i felt that rare items were under utilised in d2. it would be awesome to have more unique (ie truly one of a kind) '1337' items in d3, so that trading is more fun and when you find uber shit it's more rewarding.

and it would be cool to have more 'unique' items rather than knowing exactly what something was and being able to leave it 'unid'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

TroyShaun +

not a user.

TroyShaun's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
< 412
Posts
7,342

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yergg View Post

I dont believe you

it was easy you just get those ali baba balades equiped to secondary weapons, armor helms rings a few of those 7% small runes and you're there... it might have even been higher. best thing about those secondary weapon slots as all i had to do was hit the w key and my magic find went up %100+ and find item uquipped

my hireling dude had the best bardb helmet in the game... ghostly version was gutted when it dropped until i realise he was going to own shit with it.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Yergg View Post

Pay off is that you will find magic items more often to make your dude better, But people saying they are going MF in D3 is kinda lol, It isnt d2 and GF (gold find) is most likely going to be the MF of D3 for the first stretch of its life cycle.

yea i noticed that on Beta, about an hour in and all of my items are gold distance +2 yards and drop extra gold... the value of gold is really nice in D3 nice of them to make it relevant. it was all gold and items pumping them into the artisan.

MF might have it's place though depending on Uniques rarity, i noticed that you don't get rare items if you beat the same boss twice in the same game... so you likely have to start from scratch and run back through again, meaning magic find may be more valuable than you seem to think.

Last edited by TroyShaun: 04-May-12 at 02:47pm

rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,083
Posts
22,113
heh, my single player barb had ali babas for mf

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

BigGroovyFcuker's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 2,309
Posts
12,851
YESSSS ali baba blades i remember them.. perfect topazes in all slots!! kekeke

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
TroyShaun +

not a user.

TroyShaun's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
< 412
Posts
7,342
hea i made that mistake actually... topaz in yay... Zzzzzzzzzzzz electro damage
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

BigGroovyFcuker's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 2,309
Posts
12,851
it was always a matter of carefully whacking away at meph until that final sliver of hp.. then weapon switch. when you accidentally killed him without switching it was all grrrr waste of a run lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,083
Posts
22,113

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyShaun View Post

hea i made that mistake actually... topaz in yay... Zzzzzzzzzzzz electro damage

haha, fortunately i never accidentally socketed anything. didn't they allow you to unsocket shit in a later patch though?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

TroyShaun +

not a user.

TroyShaun's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
< 412
Posts
7,342
not that i know of, my character has long since been lost in one of my many B.Net accounts. There is a skill reset though i know that.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Dubz's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
< 573
Posts
7,731

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho View Post

sorcs were pretty much the exclusive MF char in d2 because they could teleport to bosses quicker, could pwn bosses quickly and could be kitted out with gear that accrued the most MF %. they were perfect.

you wouldn't use them as your everyday character, but for the specific purpose of doing 'mf runs' they were awesome. you had a much higher chance of getting dope drops from mephisto, pindle, etc etc etc.

That makes no sense to me. Surely all items are relevant to your character, you can't get items with a special character then give them to an everyday character?

What's going on?
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Yergg's Avatar
Joined
Apr '11
Times thanked
< 2,524
Posts
3,758

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho View Post

haha, fortunately i never accidentally socketed anything. didn't they allow you to unsocket shit in a later patch though?

Yes
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,083
Posts
22,113

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

That makes no sense to me. Surely all items are relevant to your character, you can't get items with a special character then give them to an everyday character?

What's going on?

you couldn't be more wrong.

i have a feeling d3 is going to be a very steep learning curve for you

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

BigGroovyFcuker's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 2,309
Posts
12,851

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

That makes no sense to me. Surely all items are relevant to your character, you can't get items with a special character then give them to an everyday character?

What's going on?

i'm not sure where you've gotten "special" and "everyday" characters from. there is no such thing.

when i said pve, mf, hc they're just build "strategies" - meaning i want a demon hunter who is built towards being good at killing mobs of monsters, bosses etc. i can just as easily make a pvp or mf DH by choosing to specialise in different skills and/or equip gear better suited to those purposes

there will be class-specific items equipable only by that class, but those that aren't can be used by any character class

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Chippie +

dm6

Chippie's Avatar
Joined
Oct '05
Times thanked
< 1,481
Posts
7,609
Everything seems like a steep learning curve for dubz

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

guessing im really slow on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

It's called being a tradie, dickhead.

Eh... my gay friend that works in IT recommended them to me

Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Yergg's Avatar
Joined
Apr '11
Times thanked
< 2,524
Posts
3,758
Dubz I will take you on as my padawan, then you can smash all these haters faces.
TroyShaun +

not a user.

TroyShaun's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
< 412
Posts
7,342

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

That makes no sense to me. Surely all items are relevant to your character, you can't get items with a special character then give them to an everyday character?

What's going on?

yea what i had was a character that was especially set up to find tons of items... so as to give all of the best ones to my other characters, who were good at killing shit.

so good power items were no good for my character who was essentially just set up as an item finder. you have a shared stash, so if one character (barbarian) finds an awesome wand for a wizard, you can give it to your wizard.
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,083
Posts
22,113
nah, mf chars are simply to make you rich enough to buy awesome shit for your other chars

although my mf sorc found me a wf pretty early on that my amazon used forever.

speaking of special characters, i remember having a chipaden when i first started who roamed around act 1 finding chipped gems to sell to crafters for sojs

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

TroyShaun +

not a user.

TroyShaun's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
< 412
Posts
7,342
chipaden, lol that doesn't even sound remotely fun.
Twizard +

Life is like a bowl of rice

Twizard's Avatar
Joined
Aug '09
Times thanked
< 65
Posts
409

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho View Post

speaking of special characters, i remember having a chipaden when i first started who roamed around act 1 finding chipped gems to sell to crafters for sojs

That sounds like it would have taken forever, I never got into crafting. Tried to get into runes but after several failed forge runs, just gave up on that too. I just stuck to running around and killing shit with mates.
LOKI'D!!

http://vimeo.com/41618569
seanious +

sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2

seanious's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
< 503
Posts
3,821

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho View Post

speaking of special characters, i remember having a chipaden when i first started who roamed around act 1 finding chipped gems to sell to crafters for sojs



hmmmmmm
latest track
seanious +

sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2

seanious's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
< 503
Posts
3,821

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twizard View Post

That sounds like it would have taken forever, I never got into crafting. Tried to get into runes but after several failed forge runs, just gave up on that too. I just stuck to running around and killing shit with mates.

This
latest track
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

BigGroovyFcuker's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 2,309
Posts
12,851
fire aura?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,083
Posts
22,113
bah, i meant chipadin. i can't spell. it was a paladin that collected chipped gems. anyway you could find 40 chipped gems pretty damn quickly man, it was a great way to accrue moneys as a noobie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Dubz's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
< 573
Posts
7,731

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyShaun View Post

yea what i had was a character that was especially set up to find tons of items... so as to give all of the best ones to my other characters, who were good at killing shit.

so good power items were no good for my character who was essentially just set up as an item finder. you have a shared stash, so if one character (barbarian) finds an awesome wand for a wizard, you can give it to your wizard.

thank you mate, you're the first person to not use in-game lingo only regular players will get. That makes sense. I've never played a game like that - where you have multiple characters.
Seems like there's a lot to learn.

Felt like I was talking to Bill Cosby with a few other chaps.

"What's an MF, pvp?"

"Well it's a bing-bang boogly watcha flip-flap chooco"
B_e_de +

It's more fun if you just follow the script

B_e_de's Avatar
Joined
Apr '05
Times thanked
< 7,331
Posts
18,343
The kids don't know what the cow runs are all about! Y'see, Barbarians are like the new Coke, they'll be around forever eh eh eh, y'see.
UMGAWA +

UMGAWA's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
< 4,186
Posts
5,166

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGroovyFcuker View Post

i propose the clan name [FYY]

Where do I sign.

Do not want an annoying sound telling me how to click.
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Yergg's Avatar
Joined
Apr '11
Times thanked
< 2,524
Posts
3,758
Yo Tom I'm ordering one of these. Wanna get one and split the shipping ?

http://www.amazon.com/Bedside-Commod...8&sr=8-1-spell
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

patrickbateman's Avatar
Joined
Jun '09
Times thanked
< 2,293
Posts
6,439
i never played diablo 2 online... what's the deal with player killing? if someone kills me do i lose all my shit?
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Yergg's Avatar
Joined
Apr '11
Times thanked
< 2,524
Posts
3,758

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickbateman View Post

i never played diablo 2 online... what's the deal with player killing? if someone kills me do i lose all my shit?

Just gold. Oh and your ear
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,083
Posts
22,113
unless they pop you. and then all your shit too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Yergg's Avatar
Joined
Apr '11
Times thanked
< 2,524
Posts
3,758

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho View Post

unless they pop you. and then all your shit too.

huh ?
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,083
Posts
22,113
too long ago to remember exactly how it worked. but you know how you died and you left your corpse.... and if you accidentally equipped something before collecting your body, you'd 'pop' and all your shit would be thrown around your corpse.

well there was a trick that you could kill noobies and make them pop their corpse. forget how it was done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

TroyShaun +

not a user.

TroyShaun's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
< 412
Posts
7,342

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyShaun View Post

it was easy you just get those ali baba balades equiped to secondary weapons, armor helms rings a few of those 7% small runes and you're there... it might have even been higher. best thing about those secondary weapon slots as all i had to do was hit the w key and my magic find went up %100+ and find item uquipped

oh yea it's coming back to me now, and the Lem-Ko-Tir Sacred Armor
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts