Closed thread
  Tools
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Times thanked
< 2,520

Quote:

Originally Posted by UMGAWA View Post

You have no idea what's in store for you if can't even beat Diablo on normal.

Best to delete the game and move on.

Look out big time Hell player here.
Bwen +

bwenbwenbwenbwenbwenbwenbwenbwen

Times thanked
< 351
Currently sitting at around 18,000 (770dmg one handed sword) DPS, 18,000 HP, 2300 armor.
I get one hitted basically from all the creeps so I thought 18k HP was enough. Plan was to throw down heaps of damage and kite around with my invisibility (spirit walk).

I've tried so many different build types with my skills. I've managed to kill the creeps quite well but struggle when Belial jumps down and fights with the creeps as well.

Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...eRj!bVW!aaaYZa
Help: http://i.imgur.com/DSikP.jpg

Any recommended builds, strategies or tips? It's driving me insane, I've spent about 70-80 tries trying to beat him and it's getting ridiculous now

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickstah

Bwen spammed this thread good.

Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Times thanked
< 2,520

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwen View Post

Currently sitting at around 18,000 (770dmg one handed sword) DPS, 18,000 HP, 2300 armor.
I get one hitted basically from all the creeps so I thought 18k HP was enough. Plan was to throw down heaps of damage and kite around with my invisibility (spirit walk).

I've tried so many different build types with my skills. I've managed to kill the creeps quite well but struggle when Belial jumps down and fights with the creeps as well.

Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...eRj!bVW!aaaYZa
Help: http://i.imgur.com/DSikP.jpg

Any recommended builds, strategies or tips? It's driving me insane, I've spent about 70-80 tries trying to beat him and it's getting ridiculous now

If its inferno most WD burn belial in phase 2 before the adds ever spawn.

Last edited by Yergg: 27-May-12 at 08:03am

UMGAWA +

Times thanked
< 4,185

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yergg View Post

Look out big time Hell player here.

FYY

Reminded me, you're the one that sooked that it got a little too hard

Hella swag.

Last edited by UMGAWA: 27-May-12 at 07:31am

jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
< 4,674
spose i'll just have to level up a bit more before i verse diablo.

i much prefer playing with my monk but he is at level 21.

edit: gonna try with a shield.

Last edited by jarrardscott: 27-May-12 at 09:47am

Romie +

Times thanked
< 752
Woot finished act 1 inferno mostly solo, butcher was abit of a **** to do but once I did my skill set for more dps it was fine, it gets to a point where all the platforms are on fire so it ends up being a dps race. Bring on act2
cuddlebear +

Times thanked
< 586
with the different colour animals, what do all the name colours mean?

Is yellow stronger than blue?
Romie +

Times thanked
< 752
Unfortunately I dont know what youre talking about cuddle.

Blizzard posted about Inferno
"The amount of people who have even unlocked Inferno is so infinitesimally small, and the number of people who are attempting content beyond what their gear/skill allows, means we don’t really have a ton of data to look at yet. Plus the item economy at the higher levels is extremely limited just because the number of people able to progress is even smaller. People tend to underestimate gear value, or want difficulty progression to be a linear curve. Not everyone enjoys the steep difficulty incline and need to take a step back on improving their characters, builds, technique, etc. But it certainly is a case of overcoming difficulty through skills and gear as there are cases of all classes continuing to clear Inferno post-nerfs.
Anyway, we’ll have an article up on the front page on Monday that gives a couple fun stats, and goes into explaining a few of the things we’re working on and maybe some rough time frames.

I think we’re about to see the busiest weekend for the game yet, with the most amount of people online and enjoying the game together. We’re looking forward to a bright future for the game for years to come. We’re in it for the long haul.

I appreciate there are still a lot of questions, but the post on Monday has quite a bit of info and is coordinated to be posted in about a dozen languages. I really can’t get into too many specifics without ruining the efforts that have gone into ensuring a simultaneous release. I do hope it’s informative, though.

On Inferno and the amount of people who are actually playing Inferno, it’s apparently a very small percentage of players.

No, no, no… far, far less than 1%. "
MadMike +

Times thanked
< 3,945

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuddlebear View Post

with the different colour animals, what do all the name colours mean?

Is yellow stronger than blue?

Blue = Champion, all the monsters have the affixes they roll, all are the same difficulty.
Loot pops when all 3-5 champions die.

Yellow = Rare (named) These mobs spawn with minions, and the rare is much harder than the "minion." Sometimes the Rare will have abilities the smaller minions do not.
Loot pops when the single yellow rare dies.

Purple = Named / Set Rare. Often tied to story, or spawn with set names as lore points.
Loot pops when the named rare dies.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|
cuddlebear +

Times thanked
< 586
cheers
Romie +

Times thanked
< 752
Oh you mean the monsters in the game, woops. Also the game is designed so the rare (yellow)/champion (blue) packs give the best loot, they are often the hardest packs to kill when compared to anything purple. On the first play through on normal difficulty you are guaranteed rares off bosses so you still get good loot from them.
TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

Times thanked
< 6,085
so. i think i'm over it... again.

sorry for the neckbeard fat dude rant, but... theres a few things that just make it seem so... fucking pointless and a waste of time. i dont really know why you would play this over wow.

yes, the combat is fun. but i feel like i've unlocked most of the decent spells and shit already. so from now on, i'll just be using the same shit. over and over. run in. buff. run out. range dps. repeat. it does have a fairly satisfying chunky feel to it though. you actually feel like youre doing damage to people as opposed to in wow. but its still not incredibly taxing or skillful imo.

so why keep on playing? the loot and story. well the loot is fucking shit. ive realised that i'm better off just trashing everything i get and then gearing up via the auction house. so its not really about getting drops, its about getting gold to buy gear. its shit. its a shit design mechanic. at least in wow you have to get the gear from bosses. repeat. you get the gear you need from bosses. not from a fucking auction house. and the blacksmithing crafting system? its gash. why spend all that cash levelling it up for a random chance to get the gear you need, when you can just buy it from the auction house?

i guess that leaves the story and world. well the story is fucking balls. i had no idea what was going on. and the bits i did understand were so fucking corny. and the pacing was completely off too. act 1 goes for like 15 hours. act 4 goes for like 15 minutes. and i didnt really understand why...

Spoiler:
at the end of act 3, diablo is reborn, and then he basically walks into heaven and kills everything. then i just walk in. and walk straight to him/her. that fucking castle in act 3 went for fucking everrrrr. from the beginning of heaven, to the centre of heaven? 15 minutes. so shit. and then when you do kill him. it didnt feel satisfying at all. so i just killed the dragon and leah? then this tyrael **** takes all the glory? fuck you!

all in all. the game feels so incredibly short. but even then, the story is so poxy, i just cant justify playing through it again. at least in wow you have this epic fucking world to explore. theres so much more shit to do.

tl;dr shit story. even shitter loot mechanics. decent combat but not enough to really keep me interested in playing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc
Romie +

Times thanked
< 752
I was thinking the same thing today, might keep playing for abit of fun but not as hard as I have been. The loot gets alot better and less retarded in inferno but it still feels so pointless. I wanted to give hardcore mode a go but im thinking why bother because you cant play past hell difficulty at the moment.
cuddlebear +

Times thanked
< 586
Some Questions

I've just started out with a Barbarian (currently level 9), in Normal mode would it be worth running the whole thing just with two handed weapons (or 2 x 1 handed weapons) without worrying about a shield? Would it be worth having a backup shield in my inventory for boss fights?

At the moment I'm finding it easy as shit with the barbarian (just finished Mr Skeleton).

Those are my questions.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,308

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

FUCKIN HELLLLLLLLLLLL

just went againt diablo again and got to within a quarter of a cm of his life and got killed.

are you fucking SERIOUS!!!!

what skills are you using? are you still not playing in elective mode?

i had no problems with diablo. you do have to think about respecing when you're coming up against a boss, i will usually have more defensive skills up compared to just normal questing

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,445
TRZA the difference is basically that D3 can be played solo, whereas with WoW you need 24 other neckbeards to achieve anything.

Basically D3 just feels like WoW Lite to me. I'll play through it but I'm not sure how much longer I'll play it. Definitely disappointed due to all the hype and everything.
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
< 1,289

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZA View Post

<insert rest of Trizzy's rant here>

I agree with most of this. The looting is somewhat empty because stuff drops every second mob and rarely of any use.

I think its too short, and while I am addicted to it now (the combat is dope), I can't imagine that feeling is going to stick around too long (already dreading doing Act 1 again everrrrr).

Diablo just makes me want to play WoW, its all a devious trick I swears it.
I’m a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women, and breakfast food.
Wet Cardboard +

all time worst poster

Times thanked
< 1,923
I got a perfectly rolled Legendary from a barrel. Therefore, loot system is perfect.
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 9,253
Solo'd nightmare with my monk. Hell is much much harder & i'm now dying every few rare/champs

Quote:

waah

Tried playing any decent amount of nightmare? Normal is piss easy & far less enjoyable. Diablo is one of the easiest fights in the game on normal. Did you explore the whole map everywhere? Takes a bit longer than 15 mins to get through heaven if you explore everywhere

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuddlebear View Post

Some Questions

I've just started out with a Barbarian (currently level 9), in Normal mode would it be worth running the whole thing just with two handed weapons (or 2 x 1 handed weapons) without worrying about a shield? Would it be worth having a backup shield in my inventory for boss fights?

At the moment I'm finding it easy as shit with the barbarian (just finished Mr Skeleton).

Those are my questions.

you don't need a shield. Boss fights are easier than champions/rares
normal is easy as shit. Game doesn't really get good until nightmare imo
legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
< 1,289
The game should've started on nightmare mode imo, normal mode just seems pointless.
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,293
agree with people saying the game is getting boring. i'm up to inferno with my monk but i can't do shit. even with 40k hp the normal zombies take off half my health with one swipe. then the elite packs just totally ass rape me. sometimes i can kill one or two of them or get their health down but after i die and come back they're all full health again... seriously. they need to scrap those fucking shields which make them take no damage and also i'm sick of fucking chasing all these ****s across half the map!!! they all run away from me and then i walk into a pack of 60 guys and it's game over. AND WHAT IS WITH THE 40 SECOND RESPAWNS?

and i can't even upgrade my gear because everything on the auction house costs 1m+ for fucks sake.
legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
< 1,289
Its all a Blizzard real money AH scam
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,445
lol @ Jrod not being able to kill Diablo after all his bullshit about how buff he is. Diablo was a joke. The purple gate smashers (or whatever the fuck those huge things were called) in the hell rifts were harder than diablo.
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
< 4,674
try it with a demon hunter.
just versed him with a couple randoms in a public game, they basically took all the damage and i killed diablo

on to nightmare.
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Times thanked
< 2,520

Quote:

try it with a demon hunter.
just versed him with a couple randoms in a public game, they basically took all the damage and i killed diablo

on to nightmare.

Calm down tuff guy
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
< 4,674
not really, i just stayed out on the sides and rapid fired diablo whilst the barbarian and monk took shit up close.
Romie +

Times thanked
< 752

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickbateman View Post

agree with people saying the game is getting boring. i'm up to inferno with my monk but i can't do shit. even with 40k hp the normal zombies take off half my health with one swipe. then the elite packs just totally ass rape me. sometimes i can kill one or two of them or get their health down but after i die and come back they're all full health again... seriously. they need to scrap those fucking shields which make them take no damage and also i'm sick of fucking chasing all these ****s across half the map!!! they all run away from me and then i walk into a pack of 60 guys and it's game over. AND WHAT IS WITH THE 40 SECOND RESPAWNS?

and i can't even upgrade my gear because everything on the auction house costs 1m+ for fucks sake.

Its not all about hit points. in hell my wizard had 35k hp and nearly no resists and could barely take a hit in hell. I did some research in what type of gearing I needed in inferno and I got told resists/intel/hp regen is what im after so I ended up with 450+ resist all and a reasonable amount of armor, im also palying with a shield. My hp went down to 25k but guess what? I could tank diablo in hell without dying where my friends demon hunter with more hp and 3 x the dps couldnt even last more than 30 seconds without dying. in act 1 inferno my wizard can take lots of hits from the normal mobs and afew hits from special packs before dying.

Alot of my pieces have intel, resist and hp regen without vitality as a secondary stat as these pieces of gear cost way to much. If you shop around and be smart you should be able to deck your character out with decent enough gear to do act1 inferno without having to spend millions and millions of gold, 1 million should be plenty enough to deck your guy out. Rings, amulets and weapons cost the most so go for rare armor with the stats your class needs and a blue weapon and dont worry to much about the rings and amulets as good gear will drop in act 1 inferno. If you cant use the gear you should be able to sell it for a good amount on the ah.

Either your gear sucks or your skill set is to offensive. I manage to upgrade nearly all my gear to decent rares for 600k all up, ended up with a blue weapon but everything else is decent. I left rings out, amulet and 2 pieces of armor as I had decent rares from hell. Put a filter up with a 100k limit and start shopping. Check these forums to see what stats you should be aiming for. I personally avoid bnet forums because its all whining and its too hard to find decent infomation. http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/forum.php

Remember, Inferno is meant to be extremely hard. They did say you should have a full set of act3/4 hell gear before moving onto act1 inferno. Full set of act1 inferno gear before moving into act2. Now that im up to act2 my gear is really lacking so I need to keep farming for gear in act1 inferno, what I cant use I sell in the Ah to help fund future upgrades. This is when the gear is stupidly expensive in Ah eg 1 million a piece.

Last edited by Romie: 27-May-12 at 04:49pm

MadMike +

Times thanked
< 3,945
Yeah I was up to 40k health but with some drops today Im about 30k hp / 16k dps / 300 resists
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Times thanked
< 2,520
35k hp / 46k damage / 285 all res
cuddlebear +

Times thanked
< 586
Ran early game with nismo's new witch doctor today. Was good fun.
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,445
Nightmare seems a bit more difficult, the stun mobs are annoying as fuck. Leoric was actually a challenge.
Bwen +

bwenbwenbwenbwenbwenbwenbwenbwen

Times thanked
< 351
I think I've died to Belial about 150-200 times now in Inferno. So over it, don't have the money to buy any decent gear

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickstah

Bwen spammed this thread good.

Rogan Josh +

Lizards in my telly.

Times thanked
< 2,619
I just stayed indoors & had sex with my girlfriend.

[Edit] Sorry, wrong thread.

Last edited by Rogan Josh: 27-May-12 at 07:46pm

Reason: has girlfriend

Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Times thanked
< 2,520

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogan Josh View Post

I just stayed indoors & had sex with my girlfriend.

[Edit] Sorry, wrong thread.

Its cool you are kinda old for this sort of thing anyway
Wowk +

Has got special powers and he's got lots of friends

Times thanked
< 527

Quote:

i guess that leaves the story and world. well the story is fucking balls. i had no idea what was going on. and the bits i did understand were so fucking corny

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyentist

More than 23 Australians like techno (and I can prove it)...
http://soundcloud.com/groups/techno-fans-australia

Morphee +

Everybody recognise rastaman to show them some knowledge

Times thanked
< 3,987
Whens the xbox version coming out again?

Quote:

hiphop mixing is where its at. 30 second snippets. 100+ tracks an hour. just scratch the shit out of a record between em and smash the cross fader like OJ treats a white girl.

Flathead_21 +

Times thanked
< 240
Probably never

van_tango +

someone like you

Times thanked
< 13
Wow. Hell gets tough pretty quickly. The curve gets a lot steeper. Act II was kicking my ass so I have gone back to act 1 to farm until I feel more comfortable moving ahead.
I've faith there is a future for us;
here as we are, or somewhere else.
Blue Moon +

Sick ****el

Times thanked
< 308
Am I the only one who likes the AH mechanic? I love saving up gold then going shopping for bargains. Rather than grinding for that drop that just happens to match my class/build/level, I can get exactly what I want if I have the cash.
http://soundcloud.com/blue-tune
legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
< 1,289
I think it takes something away from the satisfaction of beating a boss. I just wish Diablo and WoW didn't exist, instead, World of Diablocraft. Diablo's combat and dynamic difficulty scaling mixed with WoW's scale, loot and everything else.

Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573
Finished it on Saturday night and whilst I was making a celebratory drink the fuckwits I was playing with mustve hit continue cos I didn't get any of the loot, so pissed off. Will have to do it again when I'm next free to play.

As has been mentioned Act 4 is fucking short, I was really surprised, had to check the time to make sure I hadn't accidentally been playing for 12 hours. And Diablo wasn't all that hard, especailyl with my Blinding Flash ability which took him out of the game for long periods.

Not sure whether to take my monk to the next level of difficulty or start again with a new character. Hmmm.

Oh and yes to those mentioning that health is often more important than dps, on a couple of occasions i found myself dying far too quickly and realised i needed a few vit bonus items equipped and go for the long haul. Quick wins dont work!
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,308
i've also started dumping vit as a secondary stat and started looking for all res gear, especially ones with extra physical/cold res. concluded that i'm not gonna be very durable in inferno (duh) so i'm gonna max dps, that way i'm at least of some value to a party.

currently at 15k hp / 25k dps @ lvl 58 with moderate gear. probably haven't spent more than 250k on the AH but i've sold almost as much so sitting on about even. seems to be easier to find bargains on armor as opposed to weapons. high level jewellery is just ridiculous so i'm happy to do with whatever drops for now.

Quote:

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 412

Quote:

sorry for the neckbeard fat dude rant, but... theres a few things that just make it seem so... fucking pointless and a waste of time. i dont really know why you would play this over wow.

yes, the combat is fun. but i feel like i've unlocked most of the decent spells and shit already. so from now on, i'll just be using the same shit. over and over. run in. buff. run out. range dps. repeat. it does have a fairly satisfying chunky feel to it though. you actually feel like youre doing damage to people as opposed to in wow. but its still not incredibly taxing or skillful imo.

so why keep on playing? the loot and story. well the loot is fucking shit. ive realised that i'm better off just trashing everything i get and then gearing up via the auction house. so its not really about getting drops, its about getting gold to buy gear. its shit. its a shit design mechanic. at least in wow you have to get the gear from bosses. repeat. you get the gear you need from bosses. not from a fucking auction house. and the blacksmithing crafting system? its gash. why spend all that cash levelling it up for a random chance to get the gear you need, when you can just buy it from the auction house?

i guess that leaves the story and world. well the story is fucking balls. i had no idea what was going on. and the bits i did understand were so fucking corny. and the pacing was completely off too. act 1 goes for like 15 hours. act 4 goes for like 15 minutes. and i didnt really understand why...

all in all. the game feels so incredibly short. but even then, the story is so poxy, i just cant justify playing through it again. at least in wow you have this epic fucking world to explore. theres so much more shit to do.

tl;dr shit story. even shitter loot mechanics. decent combat but not enough to really keep me interested in playing.

I like the loot mechanics, working better than d2 same with the story, though with loot games i prefer the story be secondary. i still like the story far better than D1 & D2 though.
As for loot, i'm playing more traditional RPG in that every few levels i'm grinding items (currently act 2 nightmare) as opposed to the Auction house which of course would ruin the experience for some, I also like the way stats are set up. As with Diablo 2 if you only play through once, then you really have only played the tutorial, need to get to act 2 at least.

all good though, hopefully the number of players drops off over the next couple of weeks, free up some server space.

Side quests are awesome too, it's fun to grind because of all the random dungeons, act 1 & 2 i have played through about 10 times each and there are still awesome random dungeons that i am finding.
Twizard +

Life is like a bowl of rice

Times thanked
< 65
Really enjoy the side quests as well. And the achievements. Even if they do nothing but open banner options haha, still add an extra level to the game. I'm always obsessed with achievements though. I'm still in Act 1 Nightmare taking it all slow like. Started a DH and am in Act 3 normal. Just taking my time, going from Barb to DH though was a jump. DH be dying all over the place.
LOKI'D!!

http://vimeo.com/41618569
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 412
haha I did the same builds, Barb Level 2 nightmare. Demon Hunter Act 2 normal, rather like the Demon Hunter and the mad skills, didn't have any problems though as i saved some class items from my first playthrough knowing i would use the Demon Hunter, also since my Blacksmith is maxed out and funds are shared it's actually alot of fun doing the second playthrough and not having that gold sink.
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
< 4,674

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twizard View Post

Really enjoy the side quests as well. And the achievements. Even if they do nothing but open banner options haha, still add an extra level to the game. I'm always obsessed with achievements though. I'm still in Act 1 Nightmare taking it all slow like. Started a DH and am in Act 3 normal. Just taking my time, going from Barb to DH though was a jump. DH be dying all over the place.

damn straight
stock up on armour equipment, get a shield instead of a second weapon but have dexterity and attack speed on it if you can.
get up your resistance.

ive changed my DH up a bit and much more "durable"
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 412
if intelligence is your main dmg modifier do you even need to focus on resist and attack speed, Resist will come from intelli as well as damage, so might as well just focus on intelligence, attack speed all depending on if you want to cast a ton of zombie frogs or whatever?
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,308

Quote:

stock up on armour equipment, get a shield instead of a second weapon but have dexterity and attack speed on it if you can.
get up your resistance.

are you playing DH with a shield?

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Times thanked
< 2,520

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyShaun View Post

if intelligence is your main dmg modifier do you even need to focus on resist and attack speed, Resist will come from intelli as well as damage, so might as well just focus on intelligence, attack speed all depending on if you want to cast a ton of zombie frogs or whatever?

Yes you will for inferno but not a huge amount, You won't gain enough res from int.
Flathead_21 +

Times thanked
< 240

Quote:

damn straight
get up your resistance.

Scrap the shield and put traps back on your bars

Demon Hunters are suppose to slow/stop mobs before they get in melee range, you dont start there tanking with your face

Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »