The DJ Booth

The new behringer DDM4000 mixer, whats your thoughts?

Page 3 of 3
  Tools
corey_ryan +

Times thanked
< 0
review bump.
I have had a ddm4000 for about a year and a half, paid about 325 (i think) for it off ebay new.
Using it with cdj-400's it was perfect using the effects along side the solid deck effects. mainly the echo of the mixer combined with the roll.
After i upgraded to the 900's that lack deck effects, the mixer effects were to thin and were to hard to hold up on their own so i upgraded to a djm800.

Quality wise i had a few buttons that needed a hard thump to get going by the end. broke one knob and channel 2 cue was dickey so i used channel 1 and 3 for the last 5 months. it wasnt looked after and lugged to and from gigs and splashed so thats not to bad.

Pro's over the pioneer are the eq kills, sub out, effects parameter adjustment but the main thing is the effect frequencies.
if the djm 900 has these i will upgrade to that. But if behringer make a more solidly constructed mixer id buy that after the 800.

for a first mixer a second hand ddm4000 is the best way to start out.
DJBodie +

muthafuNkin for long time

Times thanked
< 27
Yeah mines still cranking well after a couple years bashing it out. Have dropped an X1 crossfader into it as well so nothing fucks with it now.

Am looking to get a Rane Empath after this ones on it's last legs.
there be a whole lotta fuNkin,and muthafuNkas that don't know who the fuNk they fuNkin with...
Dj S +

Times thanked
< 0
i got one, not the best mixer i have used i do sometimes want to find a way to kick my self in the balls for buying it, the effects = gay but it has its pros i suppose im just great full it works
---= Reach for the lazers, Safe as F@#k =---
Bitsmasher +

alldeathmetalallthetime

Times thanked
< 301
Dragging up an old thread to ask a specific question, as there's a lot of DDM users posting in there:

I play around with some hardware experimental video synthesis stuff, some of it produces audio and other bits are controlled by audio so I need a small audio mixer to link it all together...
I also need a master MIDI clock to control some of the gear and sync visual effects to a tempo. At first glance, the DDM4000's Midi Clock function is really appealing, and could justify purchase of the unit outright. The fact that it'll help me tame my audio routing is an added bonus.

Is the MIDI Clock usable for controlling external sequencers? Can you bash away at the Tap Tempo then adjust it manually? Has anyone on here played around with it enough to give a good opinion?
Ideally I wouldn't buy one for another few months (gotta save money/other priorities) but came accross a bargain and might rush the purchase.
I'm a DJ, I push the volume up to 10
the lights are dancing in the red, I'm distorting it again
Bitsmasher +

alldeathmetalallthetime

Times thanked
< 301
no reply
scored a DDM4000 for $160 on ebay, only way to find out is try for myself...
I'm a DJ, I push the volume up to 10
the lights are dancing in the red, I'm distorting it again
Fourthstate +

Registered Beatist

Times thanked
< 42
I never use it for midi. but i have litterlaly been using it to mix every day for 3 years now with no problems at all.
$160 farkn bargin mate
Catch me playing next @
Breakznight pres Breakbeat Massive @ The Clubhouse 12th October
Dragon Dreaming Festival 2013 - 25-28 October
facebook / soundcloud / spotify / dj.beatport
Page 3 of 3

« Previous Thread Next Thread »