General

hypnotherapy: trying to quit smoking

Tools
miggz +

Times thanked
< 0
hypnotherapy: trying to quit smoking
Hey guys well this is my first time starting a thread so hope im doing it right n it goes well.

Well Im looking to quit smoking cause of my health i have tried the patches the gum and going cold turkey, but i just don't seem to be able to stick wit it. The longest iv gone was 7 months, so ive decided to try out hypnotherapy.Im just wondering if any one knows how well it works, or does any one know someone who has done it or have u done it your self??

And also if any one knows of any good places to go in melb for it ??

cheers guys!
SPOKEYDOKEY +

cephalapod chewing legend

Times thanked
< 2,749
Also would hypnotherapy help my chronic-masturbating?
Everyone knows your snorkeling is just a cover for transition to Aqua Aerobics.
Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Times thanked
< 3,875
Id be too scared that once I came out of hypnotherapy I'd bark like a dog everytime the phone rang!
Ya baloney
SPOKEYDOKEY +

Times thanked
< 2,749
Or start masturbating chronically. Which would make for a very amusing worker in a call centre
Fireblood +

Times thanked
< 0
Maybe give this a go: http://www.stevegjones.com/stopsmokingwithhypnosis.htm
It's cheap and ya listen to it at night before going to sleep (im asleep within like 5-10 min), I have been giving one a go to help me with my speech impediment, and while it's not getting rid of it totally, it seems to be making me concentrate on what I am trying to say before I say it. Whether that is the hypnosis or my analysing if its working or not. It has helped!
$30 is cheap if you wanna give something a go without wasting your time going to an actual hypno for a few sessions etc.

Ignore the fact that all of the "specials" end at midnight tonight, its a script that grabs the date and displays it back to you. (Could say something about the product?)
Ruthykins +

Times thanked
< 3,875
Always trying to blame the Hypnotherapy Spokey... sometimes you've just got to admit you have a problem!
Ya baloney
miggz +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthykins

Id be too scared that once I came out of hypnotherapy I'd bark like a dog everytime the phone rang!

ahaha its a scary thing cause u got no idea what they are saying to you and making you do. but its worth a shot i guess even if i do bark like a dog ahah
kalel13 +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by miggz

Hey guys well this is my first time starting a thread so hope im doing it right n it goes well.

Well Im looking to quit smoking cause of my health i have tried the patches the gum and going cold turkey, but i just don't seem to be able to stick wit it. The longest iv gone was 7 months, so ive decided to try out hypnotherapy.Im just wondering if any one knows how well it works, or does any one know someone who has done it or have u done it your self??

And also if any one knows of any good places to go in melb for it ??

cheers guys!

no bull, i seriously just made an appointment for this like 30 mins ago.
keen to give it a go, so im off to do it on 19/07 so will let you know if it is worth it.
pretty excited about giving it up. over the phone the only thing they said was they wanted you to be serious about giving the smokes away.
will keep you posted...
miggz +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireblood

Maybe give this a go: http://www.stevegjones.com/stopsmokingwithhypnosis.htm
It's cheap and ya listen to it at night before going to sleep (im asleep within like 5-10 min), I have been giving one a go to help me with my speech impediment, and while it's not getting rid of it totally, it seems to be making me concentrate on what I am trying to say before I say it. Whether that is the hypnosis or my analysing if its working or not. It has helped!
$30 is cheap if you wanna give something a go without wasting your time going to an actual hypno for a few sessions etc.

Ignore the fact that all of the "specials" end at midnight tonight, its a script that grabs the date and displays it back to you. (Could say something about the product?)

cheers ill have to look into it cause ive heard hypno is quite expensive to
SPOKEYDOKEY +

Times thanked
< 2,749

Quote:

Always trying to blame the Hypnotherapy Spokey... sometimes you've just got to admit you have a problem!

But i don't consider it a problem? Just entertainment
miggz +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalel13

no bull, i seriously just made an appointment for this like 30 mins ago.
keen to give it a go, so im off to do it on 19/07 so will let you know if it is worth it.
pretty excited about giving it up. over the phone the only thing they said was they wanted you to be serious about giving the smokes away.
will keep you posted...

cool yeah keep me posted if you can would be great. good luck with it. Did you just find the place over the net or get told bout it?
kalel13 +

Times thanked
< 0
im in brissie, found it on the net. the place is near where i used to live and drove past many times and has a nice feel to it. the website is also professional. and if i dont feel comfy, im gonna get the hell out... so see how it goes...
Ruthykins +

Times thanked
< 3,875
If you've given everything else a go I think what's there to loose? (besides cash but pffft thats nothing compared to your health)

I know of a couple of people who have been to a place (in Brisbane) called Matrix...
http://www.matrixlaserclinics.com/ quite expensive and doesn't work for everyone but they give you a money back guarantee type thing.
Ya baloney
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,019

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPOKEYDOKEY

Also would hypnotherapy help my chronic-masturbating?

Wouldn't recommend it. I had it done and now I can't even shake a ketchup bottle.
SPOKEYDOKEY +

Times thanked
< 2,749
miggz +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976

Wouldn't recommend it. I had it done and now I can't even shake a ketchup bottle.

haha nice one
miggz +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

If you've given everything else a go I think what's there to loose? (besides cash but pffft thats nothing compared to your health)

I know of a couple of people who have been to a place (in Brisbane) called Matrix...
http://www.matrixlaserclinics.com/ quite expensive and doesn't work for everyone but they give you a money back guarantee type thing.

yeh true money wont be an issue considering i really wanna quit ill check out the site n email them see if they can recommend any one in melb

thanks
Bender +

Times thanked
< 9
check out:

http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com

People can do the work, so that machines have time to think.
miggz +

Times thanked
< 0
cheers ill check it out
nickalaz +

Times thanked
< 25
my nanna did it
and it worked.

although i think its 100% in your head, you just want to believe that it worked, so you end up stopping
Nicoletta7277 +

Times thanked
< 0
My mum had it done & she hasn't had a smoke since. She was a heavy smoker & for years so for her not to have one is good & she hasn't had any mood swings which she has had when she tried to go cold turkey. She says she still craves for one though so alot of it would be will power as well. I tell her to try one as who knows she might hate it but she doesn't want to take that risk..If your really wanting to quit then i guess give it a try. She paid $160 so that's not to bad when you consider how much your going to save on smokes..=]
I can only please one person, today isn't your day & tomorrow isn't looking good either!!!
N4TE +

I play rough now - don't like it? Don't play.

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickalaz

my nanna did it
and it worked.

although i think its 100% in your head,

you don't say. Makes you wonder what else you do or don't do that's just all in your head.

But enough about the power of the mind, and it's myriad uses on the path to self embettermentness, I want to hear more about spoke's hand shandy affliction.
“Care more than others think is wise,
risk more than others think is safe, dream more than others think is practical
and expect more than others think is possible."
SPOKEYDOKEY +

Times thanked
< 2,749
I want to hear more about a fundraiser for lesbians, but we can't all get what we want, hey?
alexmac +

Limited Slip Disk

Times thanked
< 0
My mate did it, and he stopped getting cravings.
But then a couple of weeks later, he had some ciggies when pissed, and started smoking again.

So it doesn’t stop you smoking, it gets you over the cravings
Upended by the motion,
Destroyed by the tide,
I drift ashore the rocky moon
Suspended in the moment
Ruthykins +

Times thanked
< 3,875
My Brother and his wife and all the friends recently read this book and they swear by it - completely changed their lives and they are so much fucking happier because of it!
Ya baloney
SPOKEYDOKEY +

Times thanked
< 2,749
I read that book too. And then continued smoking on my merry way. i take this to mean my willpower to smoke is far greater than all the non-smokers in the world.
N4TE +

I play rough now - don't like it? Don't play.

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

I want to hear more about a fundraiser for lesbians, but we can't all get what we want, hey?

so far I haven't got a date or a venue. Or anyone to play. Or a particular cause. Or backing from any girl on girl social welfare agencies. But I'm not letting that stop me. Like you said, every woman needs a good man behind them, even the lesbians. And with that shining light of good intent powering me, I swear to you by all that's holy, there will be a benefit gig, and it will be called Lemon Aid.
“Care more than others think is wise,
risk more than others think is safe, dream more than others think is practical
and expect more than others think is possible."
SPOKEYDOKEY +

Times thanked
< 2,749
And it shall be good. Remember, when Jim Morrison appeared with the half-naked Indian, he said to you; if you book them, they will come.
freedom74 +

Anywhere above 5,000 feet.

Times thanked
< 14
To miggz: 7months was excellent. You could do it again. Give it another go. Now there's lots more laws against smoking there's not a lot of places left where one can be tempted to spark up.

As to alternative "therapies" there are many scam merchants out there, looking to take money from those they see as "suckers".

Take care with anything thats not medically and scientifically proven.

There are lots of scams out there, and if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Recruiter

i'd have referred..woman..you're not..any idea what alternative cultures do to an aussie...deal with..overseas people who..come here purely to be in a western country..no interest in assimilating..indians are arrogant..asians are boring

Guidelines
nettsu +

http://about.me/nettsu

Times thanked
< 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedom74

There are lots of scams out there, and if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

like anti-smoking advice from a junkie?

miggz I gave up smoking 2 years ago - I used the patches - I haven't smoked since - I know it sounds trite - but its willpower mostly and the added oomph from the patches to bring you down. You have to want to quit, hypnosis and books aren't going to help with that. You are going to help with that. You have to reach that point where you want to quit.
i take photos
alexmac +

Limited Slip Disk

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedom74

As to alternative "therapies" there are many scam merchants out there, looking to take money from those they see as "suckers".

Take care with anything thats not medically and scientifically proven.

Like this freak

"Eight life changing CD's worth of therapy valued at over $4,500 pre loaded on the MP3 player"

"Meaning you get everything for only $691. Individually this is $1021 recommended retail. Save $330"

Bonus MP3 player valued at over $100"

Look, here he is, teaching tai-chi to Asians proof that he must be telling the truth.

Upended by the motion,
Destroyed by the tide,
I drift ashore the rocky moon
Suspended in the moment
Ruthykins +

Times thanked
< 3,875

Quote:

I read that book too. And then continued smoking on my merry way. i take this to mean my willpower to smoke is far greater than all the non-smokers in the world.

It might not be for everyone but my brother had started smoking when he was 13 and is now 30 so Im gonna say he was pretty fucking addicted.
Ya baloney
SPOKEYDOKEY +

Times thanked
< 2,749
I jest...actually...no, i'm still smoking, but many have said how effective that book is. I'm just superstrong in my willingness to die a painful death when i'm older.
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,019
If you're really hardcore you can get that book in the "Test Your Willpower" edition.

The pages are all gummed along one side and the cover's perforated for easy roach construction.
SPOKEYDOKEY +

Times thanked
< 2,749
I can never get past two pages doing it that way before I've gotta go get a packet of timtams
Vital +

Times thanked
< 81
Two of my friends did it and they stopped smoking sober (possibly to justify the ridicule we gave them). They still smoke while drunk though.
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,019
I only smoke cock when I'm drunk.

That's not gay, right?
SPOKEYDOKEY +

Times thanked
< 2,749
So long as it's not your own. Or a gay guys cock.
Poondaddy Shortbread +

So it's rorschach and prozac and everything is groovy

Times thanked
< 1,391
But if it's, like, a straight guy's or a chick's cock, you'll be sweet
More like borophyl
SPOKEYDOKEY +

Times thanked
< 2,749
Totes. You sound like a non-gay-cocksmoker from way back.
yow mamma +

Rubby ol' man

Times thanked
< 17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poondaddy Shortbread

But if it's, like, a straight guy's or a chick's cock, you'll be sweet

Or if you don't inhale.
Get on my lawn.
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,019

Quote:

So long as it's not your own.

In a perfect world
UntilMonday +

Lovin Life

Times thanked
< 0
For anyone seriously considering sayin a big FUCK YOU to their smoking addiction, i highly recommend EASY WAY TO STOP SMOKING by Allen Carr. Very interesting read.
For you tight arse's out there who cant be fucked paying for the book... like me... send me a pm with ur email and ill send u a pdf copy of it
Peace Love Unity Respect
kalel13 +

Times thanked
< 0
so i did it... went and sat with a hypno therapist, got hypnotised and although it has only been 2 days have no cravings. its the habit im fighting but im so committed and everyone around me has been awesome.

thank you to rob who has sent me the pdf of allen carrs easy way, i have started reading it, and am stoked im starting life now as a non smoker...
UntilMonday +

Lovin Life

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalel13

thank you to rob who has sent me the pdf of allen carrs easy way, i have started reading it, and am stoked im starting life now as a non smoker...

No worries mate Good luck with it all
Peace Love Unity Respect

« Previous Thread Next Thread »