The DJ Booth

Korg Zero 4 vs Ableton prob

Tools
DaBro +

Serial Pest

Times thanked
<
Korg Zero 4 vs Ableton prob
Hi y'all - This is a question for the Ableton & Korg heads here, and probably won't mean too much to everyone else.

I have a really annoying problem with my Zero4 which i can't seem to solve. I'm sure it is a midi setting that one of you brainiacs can help me with,

I am runnning my zero4 connected to a PC (Vista 32) running Ableton Live 6 (chan 2 & 3). I am also running 2 x CDJ1000s (chan 1 & 4).

Lately, whenever I connect with mixer to my PC via firewire the mixer turns to audio/midi automatically. So I am running my CDJs on channels 1 & 4 on full audio setting, I plug in the PC and the mixer switches to 1/2 orange & 1/2 green (audio/midi) even though I haven't moved the selector up the top. This then disables all the channel effects, the master effects and the sampler! Above the sampler the channel selector buttons go dark and cant be turned on. No amount of fiddling will change it back - I can turn to full midi (all green) but not full audio!

Now this hasn't always been the case, it used to be well behaved. One day I was screwing around with Zero Edit settings to try to get the midiclock thing working, and thats when i think I have done it. (whatever it is)

I am running the latest firmware and i have ensured my Zero edit settings look like Jayo's in this thread http://www.prodjforums.com/forum/sho...ero4+recording

I thought it might be ableton - but it does it even when ableton isn't running. If i turn the mixer off, pull out the firewire cable and turn it back on - its fine & goes back to behaving itself.

I'm guessing its a midi setting in Zero edit rather than a fault with the mixer.

Sorry for the long post - I tried to include as much detail as possible. Any help would be REALLY appreciated

Cheers DaBro
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And here we are. Half past three in the morning."
ToyBox +

Times thanked
<
If you give the guys at lightsounds a call, they have a full albeton system set up with the korg zero4 and korg zero8
DaBro +

Serial Pest

Times thanked
<
Cool I'll drop in & chat. The Valley store yeah?

DaBro +

Serial Pest

Times thanked
<
Gave em a call - Nope they couldn't help - they haven't got it set up at the mo.

Can anyone else help?

kloseline +

Times thanked
<
hm tahts difficult. maybe you can retore the mixer to factory settings? or ask someone who has the mixer if he could send you his setup file.
im considering buying the zero4. how are the knobs??? is it distrubing that they are that small?

KLOSELINE - BMidget Mix.mp3 BMore and Fidget 60 min mix
littlebrains69 +

JimmyJams

Times thanked
<
+1 for factory settings - my bro had a firewire mixer (non-DJ) with powered/mechanical faders and a whole bunch of other cool complicated shit for recording and mixing live audio. It used to fuck up on him all the time - was a problem with it interfacing with his mac. If he unplugged the USB while the mixer was still on / didn't eject properly or something it would fuck up bad and couldn't be fixed.

He would just take it back to musiclab and the boys in there would reset it / update firmware etc. Happened to him about 5 times before he knew it's quirks.

If you're in Brisbane try musiclab - they sell the korg zero series. They are in Bowen Hills just next to the RBH

www.musiclab.com.au
DaBro +

Serial Pest

Times thanked
<
Yeah i'm starting to think it might need a visit to musiclab. Thanks guys

Kloseline the knobs don't worry me - i've got slim fingers tho. I've never brushed another channel & turned something on eccidentally or anything like that.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »