The DJ Booth

Boost.FM is looking for Aussie DJS

Tools
BoostFM +

Times thanked
<
Boost.FM is looking for Aussie DJS
So here goes...

Basicly Boost.FM is an EDM net station and we stream 24/7. The music usually played is House, Trance, Breaks, Minimal, Techno, Hardcore and other Electronica. We use Shoutcast and also have our own flash players, and currently on our BoostFM.TV website you can tune in via the PS3 to the station (we also put in a visualiser so that it doesnt cause too much burn in for those who listen for extended periods of time). We hope in the next month to also have our video stream working as well to all OS's so DJS can broadcast a video feed of them mixing if they want.

We ar e only new been up and running since August last year. We have 25 DJs in our line up but only 2 of them are from Australia here on the Gold Coast... the rest are based in Germany, the UK and the USA. We run off shoutcast so all you need is to install EDCast (PC) or Nicecast (MAC) to stream to the server... We offer a 128 & 56kb stream to listeners, so your connection only needs to be capable of upload speeds of around 130kbps (13Kbs). Which shouldnt be too hard if you have ADSL1 or better.

You can play using your decks like all our DJS to and just hook up a lineout from your mixer to the linein on your computer and your home and sorted.

Our site is setup so that everything you see is in your local timezone, so if your for say in Brisbane and you set your profiles timezone to GMT+10 then the whole site will show you everything in your localtime.. from listener graphs, and live set performance stats to your bookings and what not.

If you ar e keen to jump on board and play on Boost.FM then shoot me a message... go check out the site, Boost.fm and tune in see if we are right for you or not.

Some tech info: When you book your slot on the server you can book anywhere from 1 hour to 5 hours of airtime, the server will log the listener counts for you and give you a purdy graph so you can see how you fared with the listeners. We also have an automated feature for recording and setting mixes available for download, which is available at the push of a button once you use our Broadcaster area... the server will record the mix to mp3 and tag it to your DJ profile. You can then set if you want it to be included in re-runs, available for download, or just hidden for the time being. Boosters (our members) can comment & vote on the mixes only once they have downloaded them or if they are playing live on air. Our charts are based soley off the listener count averages for a mix and only when a stale mate occours for a position does user votes come into play.
BoostFM +

Times thanked
<
Well we picked up one so far yay
louislogic +

why are fish so slim?

Times thanked
<
how many people usually listening?
WADZA +

you're really cool man

Times thanked
<
just pm'd ya

Upcoming:

Sat 16th June : Deepchild (Berlin) @ Barsoma
BoostFM +

Times thanked
<
Got the PM's... Responses have been sent.

Louislogic: We average from 20-70 listeners depending on time of day and which DJ is playing..

A common question I got in PM, was how much it costs to play on Boost... well its simple it doesnt cost. We're a free internet radio station with no $$$ involved.

Also, we do provide mix hosting to our DJS... so your mixes are available for download from your profile by other Boosters. The only catch is people must be logged in to download the mix. But we are free so it all works out...
oFFa +

Times thanked
<
pm me info on how to do this
very keen.
Imagine.. A world without rythym, Unbalanced, Torn apart by chaos.
BoostFM +

Times thanked
<
oFFA: PM has been sent
Dr Bones +

Gail's in Mensa. She reads books. For fun!

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,113 Times in 743 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoostFM

A common question I got in PM, was how much it costs to play on Boost... well its simple it doesnt cost. We're a free internet radio station with no $$$ involved.

Also, we do provide mix hosting to our DJS... so your mixes are available for download from your profile by other Boosters. The only catch is people must be logged in to download the mix. But we are free so it all works out...

sounds like you guys have the right idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzzy View Post

The music that I push in my opinion is probably a bit too mature for someone who listens to "Trance" but hey, we all have to start somewhere?

jabbajaws +

Registerd Midget Abuser

Times thanked
<
Wait. I'm a Dj, I'm Australian, I'M SOMEBODY!

pm sent
Have you checked out Marsh Media recently?

UPCOMING GIGS

Quote:

Originally Posted by OllieBrooke

when cueing up "Wake Me Up (Before You Go Go) by Wham I knew it was gonna go off!!!

citrus00 +

Times thanked
<
got my pm ?

Latest Mix

Click Here
RohanP +

Producer/DJ/DnBaholic!

Times thanked
<
im up for it if i can spin some electro and DnB

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlebrains69

Scratching on CDJ's is like driving a skyline - you think it's cool, but ultimately you're just a retard.

friction_point +

Times thanked
<
Sounds awesome, can't wait to spin some tracks!

Cheers
BoostFM +

Times thanked
<
Yes, I've responded to all PM's that I've been sent.

We do have a form on the site you can fill out the link is at the bottom "Become A DJ" (http://www.boost.fm/become_a_dj.php)

RohanP: Yes, Electro & DnB is welcome

Edit: citrus00, check your PM
BoostFM +

Times thanked
<
Big thanks to all the DJS so far who have applied and been accepted, our line up of Aussies is looking and more so sounding fantastic!

Im thinking I should have come here when we started the station to find some Aussie DJS.

Any DJS who are still unsure, take a look at our site have a listen, see what you think... and if your keen fill out the form and we can arrange something.
seanious +

sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2

Times thanked
<
Wadza I'm digging your show
latest track
powerstruggle +

Eat me

Times thanked
<
nice 1

will check it out when i have net again
LP15 +

Times thanked
<
PM SENT.....I already work for and have sets on radio metro weekly but wud be keen to get on a couple more stations and streams.
BoostFM +

Times thanked
<
Wadza, your show lastnite was wikkid...

Edit: We just overhauled the home page to make it easier to see whats coming up and tune in...
WADZA +

you're really cool man

Times thanked
<
thanks guys! had a ball doing it as well. I'll be doing my show each thursday night, dropping that flavour of Tech-House & Techno.

I'll also be doing some breaks & tech funk specials as well, and i've got a couple of local lads keen to come in and play a set every once in a while so hoping to keep it interesting.

the new home page looks good.

being able to see how many listeners you have is really good as well!!

Upcoming:

GrEnNo +

WHAT R U LOOKIN AT

Times thanked
<
sounds like this could be interesting, and heaps of fun. PM me info boost. Could be keen!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
DastardlyD +

has funk on the mind.

Times thanked
<
PM sent.

I love the concept!
GIGS
Fri Oct19 @ Laruche midnight-close
Fri Oct26 @ Laruche Valley Fiesta Afterparty midnight-close
Sat Oct27 @ Solbar Maroochydore midnight-close
Fri Nov9 @ The Workshop Melbourne - Dropping Phat

soundcloud.com/dastardlyd
soundcloud.com/dropzandkuts
www.mixcloud.com/DastardlyKuts/
BoostFM +

Times thanked
<
We have JayB from brisbane playing live in 5mins

Will send you a pm Greno
JBanger +

Times thanked
<
Bumping this thread cause since Iv joined iv had a great time playing to a crowd (even though I have been playing in my bedroom) and just mad times in general with like minded people/DJs.

Highly Reccommend !!!
:. Like us on facebook - DELIGHT @ Barsoma

:. Sound Cloud

Playing at:

23rd Feb. Delight Ft. Jason Morley @ Barsoma

16th March. Delight TBA
talio93 +

"making a hard techno tune is one of the highest forms of endevour to which a human being can chose to devote his or her timed energy"

Times thanked
<
PM me!

sounds awesome
johns1000 +

Times thanked
<
nice one, may join up. not sure when i will have the time to record straight through the lappy though. Bookmarked!!!!
kieren +

save the vinyl

Times thanked
<
I could do it straight from my studio, as soon as I finish building my last turntable.
Are you guy interested in house and disco or is it just banging stuff?

"Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid"

Special.K
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=641649534.
www.s-w-s.com.au
www.klad.com.au
WADZA +

you're really cool man

Times thanked
<
House / disco is fine. you can play any EDM there's currently everything from house, to breaks, dnb, chill, trance.. everything.

get into it.

Upcoming:

kieren +

save the vinyl

Times thanked
<
cool but what is a EDM, does it bite!!!!

"Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid"

Special.K
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=641649534.
www.s-w-s.com.au
www.klad.com.au
JBanger +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by talio93

PM me!

sounds awesome

Click this link on boost, its very self explanitory --> http://www.boost.fm/become_a_dj.php

And yea as wadaz said you can play any kind of dance music and you can schedule times to have a mix whenever someone else isnt playing. Its pretty easy going and everyone is there to have a good time. Myself, wadza and a few others joined up a few months ago and its been great!

Hope to see u guys playing on there in the near future !!!

Playing at:

16th March. Delight TBA
seanious +

Times thanked
<
How is everyone's shows going? I only had 11 listeners at the start of my show last night
latest track
JBanger +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanious

How is everyone's shows going? I only had 11 listeners at the start of my show last night

Mines going heaps good! the last 3 sets iv had between 30-40 listeners which im really happy with, because I have a small following now. And a few of the other DJs that have been on boost since last year get 50-60 listeners on a regular basis. But yea when I 1st started I only had between 10-25.

I spoke to the manager when I 1st started and he gave me some really good tips for acquiring a following.

- Promote yourself and your sets (use facebook, myspace, ITM).
- Book your slot 2 weekes in advance (so people know when your gonna be playing) and try to play at the same times each week (mines 9-10pm every friday night).
- Do shoutouts to listeners, an intro and outro to turn your set from just music, to a DJ performance (more entertaining/more interactive).
- Try to get mates over for guest mixes cause then their friends will listen in and they will be exposed to your show.
- And lastly, practice practice paractise!! know your songs inside out to make your mixing as smooth as it can possibly be

Do all these things and I can promise you Sean without a shade of doubt that you will get a few more listeners every week

Playing at:

16th March. Delight TBA

Last edited by JBanger: 25-Jun-09 at 02:11pm

seanious +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBanger

Mines going heaps good! the last 3 sets iv had between 30-40 listeners which im really happy with, because I have a small following now. And a few of the other DJs that have been on boost since last year get 50-60 listeners on a regular basis. But yea when I 1st started I only had between 10-25.

I spoke to the manager when I 1st started and he gave me some really good tips for acquiring a following.

- Promote yourself and your sets (use facebook, myspace, ITM).
- Book your slot 2 weekes in advance (so people know when your gonna be playing).
- Do shoutouts to listeners, an intro and outro to turn your set from just music, to a DJ performance (more entertaining/more interactive).
- Try to get mates over for guest mixes cause then their friends will listen in and they will be exposed to your show.
- And lastly, practice practice paractise!! know your songs inside out to make your mixing as smooth as it can possibly be

Do all these things and I can promise you Sean without a shade of doubt that you will get a few more listeners every week

haha last night was actually my worst. i'm averaging around 25-28 but i think I'm picking up a few people after frictionpoint's show. He wasn't playing so I missed out

I will whore it out ASAP and do that booking thing. Already doing shoutouts and a little bit of chit chat - they are good fun.

Guest mixes check
Practise as often as I can! Just gotta whore it more i guess and in theory I should start getting more listeners
latest track
BoostFM +

Times thanked
<
Hey guys, had a great response from the ITM djs and glad a bunch of you have joined the ranks over at Boost... Its been a great change to have some aussies on the air with us, and the australian listener levels are increasing

Its been a blast!!

Can't wait for the party next saturday night See the Boost.FM Dj's LIVE in the mix...
JBanger +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Hey guys, had a great response from the ITM djs and glad a bunch of you have joined the ranks over at Boost... Its been a great change to have some aussies on the air with us, and the australian listener levels are increasing

Its been a blast!!

Can't wait for the party next saturday night See the Boost.FM Dj's LIVE in the mix...

This party ---> http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...6790195&ref=ts

Playing at:

16th March. Delight TBA
BoostFM +

Times thanked
<
JBanger... dam str8 can't wait for Saturday night! The boost mobile will be fueled and we have a full car coming up from the GC
Sideshow Rod +

Times thanked
<
I hope you had some quality control on who you picked to do the show

I remember when I was involved with pulseradio we had to weed the crap out of the garden to get the really good shows to flower...

Good luck with the station, although I'm not sure how you can run entirely for free? There are typically minimal costs in running an internet station but what about paying your APRA fees?

JBanger +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideshow Rod

I hope you had some quality control on who you picked to do the show

I remember when I was involved with pulseradio we had to weed the crap out of the garden to get the really good shows to flower...

Thats the reason a new DJ will 1st get a trial on the test port, then comes on the station as a guest, then if all goes well becomes a trial DJ, and if the good shows are kept up they will finally become a resident

Playing at:

16th March. Delight TBA
frankinfx +

ODS! Crew.

Times thanked
<
Cant wait for our first show. Look out for Barkee & INFX bringing you the latest Breaks/House/Electro. and maybe some old school Trance if the mood allows it
LAVAL Entertainment presents Open Decks Sessions! 2012

Upcoming Open Decks Sessions!....
Saturday 28th January
Saturday 25th February
Saturday 24th March

For further info, contact us at opendecks@live.com.au
Or visit our website , check us out on facebook or follow us on twitter @ODSPerth
WADZA +

you're really cool man

Times thanked
<
look forward to it!

Upcoming:

Peakin Pecan +

Good good

Times thanked
<
might look into this whole 'radio' business... sounds fun
DJ PEEKS

Oct 2009 SYMMETRY Promo
http://darkaudio.co.uk/index.php?p=y...48&traid=3268&

I'm Not Even Joking
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T1D2X82J

ALF In PROG Form Mach II (Dom-less Edition)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SLYC24U3
archietech +

DO A THING

Times thanked
<
it is fun

other than the strict dress code that is

drinks are cheap too
~*~**~**~~*~**~**~*~**~**~~*~**~**~*~**~**~~*~**~* *~*~**~**~~*
the tasmanian connection

sunday 8pm --> 10pm EST! on www.nsbradio.co.uk

Bbb RrRr Ee A KK SssSSs and such

hi i'm a facebook thing for this
~*~**~**~~*~**~**~**~**~*~~*~**~**~*~**~**~~*~**~* *~*~**~**~~*
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by archietech

it is fun

other than the strict dress code that is

Birthday suit only?
Tech-One
Peakin Pecan +

Good good

Times thanked
<
Is it hard to get all setup and stuff?
DJ PEEKS

Oct 2009 SYMMETRY Promo
http://darkaudio.co.uk/index.php?p=y...48&traid=3268&

I'm Not Even Joking
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T1D2X82J

ALF In PROG Form Mach II (Dom-less Edition)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SLYC24U3
seanious +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peakin Pecan

Is it hard to get all setup and stuff?

Not really all you need is a standalone copy of edcast and a soundard in your computer
latest track
JBanger +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

JBanger... dam str8 can't wait for Saturday night! The boost mobile will be fueled and we have a full car coming up from the GC

Fuk yea so amped 4 El Loco! !!

Playing at:

16th March. Delight TBA
BoostFM +

Times thanked
<
El Loco was insane!!! We had a mad time there... Can't wait for the Party Cruise in August
BoostFM +

Times thanked
<
Awesome set lastnite JayB Loved the shoutouts to the listeners too by the way hahahah
JBanger +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Awesome set lastnite JayB Loved the shoutouts to the listeners too by the way hahahah

Cheers man, yea the shoutouts I was getting those canadian hotties to do 4 me were gold hahaha !

Playing at:

16th March. Delight TBA
BoostFM +

Times thanked
<
Yeh they definitly were!

Marty put on a top set lastnite, im suprised his mobile broadband held up that long.
Boost.FM Presents
Our First Official Boosted Party Boat Cruise
Featuring 'Will Jax (Adel/Juiced Music) / Marty Mac (Ireland) / JayB (Bris) / Wadza (Bris)'
Gold Coast, August 29th! Tix On Sale Now!
plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

Times thanked
<
Hey are prerecords cool at all?? I do a live 2 hour mix on Saturday nights but I'm not home as often as I used to be, and coming up with two hours of new, quality tunes is becoming a bit of a mission... Filling out the form now

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

Just to clarify where the line is drawn:

• Ragging on someone when they're actively posting and pretty much asking for it: OK
  • Starting a new joke train on them when they're not around: Please don't

« Previous Thread Next Thread »