EDM, Trance and Hard Dance

The John Askew/Discover/Discover Dark thread

Reply
  Tools
wana3q +

Fo' Cereal

wana3q's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
9,884

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChemicalJames

Can't listen to it here at work but i'll def have a listen when i get home.

Just out of curiousity wana3q: What do you think of roth as far as trance goes? Particularly his nustyle tracks?

Roth is VERY good.

Like Askew he is diverse........ he's got his own sound.

I think Roth and Askew are both awesome but as a 'Trance' producer Askew is better.

Just looking at it from a production point of view Roth is in the top producers in the world.... no doubt about that.
wana3q +

Fo' Cereal

wana3q's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
9,884
Edit: BUT..... Roth tracks are usually instantly recognisable as Roth tracks.... personally I dont really like that.

If you didnt tell someone that Blue and Z List Uber Star were both by Askew there is NO way they would pick that they are by the same ****.
ChemicalJames +

GREEN EGGS AND HAm

ChemicalJames's Avatar
Joined
Feb '05
Times thanked
< 411
Posts
7,387
Haha, fair call. I LOVE roth's sound. And i agree you can tell most tracks are a roth track just by listening (his new one kickback is a good exception, i fucking love that tune, tho certainly not trance at all). But i'm a massive roth fanboi and i'm happy to admit it. For me he's the best in the world.

My internet is shaped atm. I get unshaped on Sunday so after that i'm going to jump straight in the askew deep-end. I can feel an addiction coming on, and tbh i'm REALLY looking forward to sunday for this exact reason.
fffffffff
MongooseFiend +

Registered User

MongooseFiend's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
< 437
Posts
4,760
Askew dominated Trance Energy - pity he was too pished to mix.
beschul +

Registered User

beschul's Avatar
Joined
Jun '09
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
152

Quote:

Originally Posted by MongooseFiend

Askew dominated Trance Energy - pity he was too pished to mix.

i lovedddd his set at TE lol feet were killing me after, even caught a cd he threw out to the crowd but gave it to the fanboy dancing next to me
djpractice +

Registered User

djpractice's Avatar
Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
< 101
Posts
2,809
Vandalism is his best track by far
Practice - Playing weird shit since 2004
narcism +

faithless fangirl

narcism's Avatar
Joined
May '07
Times thanked
< 586
Posts
6,584

Quote:

Originally Posted by beschul

i lovedddd his set at TE lol feet were killing me after, even caught a cd he threw out to the crowd but gave it to the fanboy dancing next to me

aww isn't love a sweet thing

*vomits*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxi Jazz

"It's about being determined to have a good time no matter what.
You have to take your good time to the party rather than expect the party to be your good time."

MongooseFiend +

Registered User

MongooseFiend's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
< 437
Posts
4,760
This guest mix on Global Trance Grooves is dominant
wana3q +

Fo' Cereal

wana3q's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
9,884
Yeah I really dig it as well man........ the guy can do no wrong.
eu4ia +

Registered User

eu4ia's Avatar
Joined
Mar '07
Times thanked
< 9
Posts
451
played a lot of discover tracks friday, they own it on a big system!
DJ-PornKing +

blargh

DJ-PornKing's Avatar
Joined
Dec '01
Times thanked
< 21
Posts
31,381
John Askew - The Door

One of my all time faves
See Peekz @:
TBA - Dec 8th
Transit Bar every 4th Monday night
+ more announced soon
wana3q +

Fo' Cereal

wana3q's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
9,884
He's playing in Sydney November 27th @ Home.....

BOOM!!!!

Now lets just hope Sublime dont manage to fuck this one up like they did with the Activa and Tom Colontonio gigs.

Gotta have him playing in the room overlooking the harbour with the big glass windows.
narcism +

faithless fangirl

narcism's Avatar
Joined
May '07
Times thanked
< 586
Posts
6,584
someone needs to pick him up for a melb gig

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxi Jazz

"It's about being determined to have a good time no matter what.
You have to take your good time to the party rather than expect the party to be your good time."

Fred_Pillhead +

Registered User

Fred_Pillhead's Avatar
Joined
Jul '09
Times thanked
< 331
Posts
1,584
I support this thread as Askew is the ducks nuts, tits and goatse.
"If your chromosomes are fucked and you look like a toad
Beat your meat and fling the load"
Drughi +

Registered User

Drughi's Avatar
Joined
Mar '09
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
12
This tour makes me so happy i peed white stuff.

I fly out for South America at 10am the next morning, perfect timing
metaphorikal +

u mad

metaphorikal's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
< 1,772
Posts
5,230
John Askew _27/11
Stereosonic_29/11

I have a feeling that weekend will be all kinds of awesome
flippy +

rushproductions.com.au / facebook.com/djjed

flippy's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 285
Posts
9,533

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphorikal

John Askew _27/11
Stereosonic_29/11

I have a feeling that weekend will be all kinds of awesome

seems odd he ain't playing stereosonic Melbourne or am I going completely blind?
metaphorikal +

u mad

metaphorikal's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
< 1,772
Posts
5,230

Quote:

Originally Posted by flippy

seems odd he ain't playing stereosonic Melbourne or am I going completely blind?

I heard a rumour that Nexus was going to book him?
hatecubed +

Registered User

hatecubed's Avatar
Joined
Sep '08
Times thanked
< 10
Posts
295
can someone pleeeeeease make a Perth show happen?!?!
flippy +

rushproductions.com.au / facebook.com/djjed

flippy's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 285
Posts
9,533

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphorikal

I heard a rumour that Nexus was going to book him?

actually nexus is involved in something on nov 28th but we prob dont have the room to book him which blows chunks.. askew would be awesome to have on board
RUSH PRODUCTIONS: HOUSE|PROG|TECH|TRANCE
Rush Radio - Podcast via iTunes or Podbean

Jed - Prog/Tech/Trance

GIGS'n'SHIT
09/05_TRANCE NATION
17/05_SUPER8 & TAB and BEN NICKY

metaphorikal +

u mad

metaphorikal's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
< 1,772
Posts
5,230

Quote:

Originally Posted by flippy

actually nexus is involved in something on nov 28th but we prob dont have the room to book him which blows chunks.. askew would be awesome to have on board

Time for you to come up to Sydney
narcism +

faithless fangirl

narcism's Avatar
Joined
May '07
Times thanked
< 586
Posts
6,584
fuck off andy moor, we want askew

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxi Jazz

"It's about being determined to have a good time no matter what.
You have to take your good time to the party rather than expect the party to be your good time."

wana3q +

Fo' Cereal

wana3q's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
9,884
I reckon there is a chance that Askew will be added to Stereosonic..... because it is pretty weird to just have 1 Trance act (chicane) on there.

And I know that Laurent Garnier is being added to the lineup so its not like they will not be announcing more acts.
eu4ia +

Registered User

eu4ia's Avatar
Joined
Mar '07
Times thanked
< 9
Posts
451
no askew in melbourne fml.
wana3q +

Fo' Cereal

wana3q's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
9,884
Come to the Sydney gig man.... flights are cheap es brew.

us Askew fanboi's stick together
flippy +

rushproductions.com.au / facebook.com/djjed

flippy's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 285
Posts
9,533
get a room..
wana3q +

Fo' Cereal

wana3q's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
9,884
Book acts worth booking
















flippy +

rushproductions.com.au / facebook.com/djjed

flippy's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 285
Posts
9,533
come to melbs and see how much available time there isn't for acts
nowadays

ps. when you get a room, can I come?
wana3q +

Fo' Cereal

wana3q's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
9,884
See if you brought Nexus up here you be able to book absolutely everyone you want to....... because you have no competition yo

So 2 Nexus gigs for every Australian tour a DJ does.... looks pretty good for Nexus from all angles.

And in order to add a Sydney date to a tour artists will drop zee price up here... win all round.

just saying like....
Drughi +

Registered User

Drughi's Avatar
Joined
Mar '09
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
12

Quote:

Originally Posted by wana3q

Come to the Sydney gig man.... flights are cheap es brew.

us Askew fanboi's stick together


This is the truth.
flippy +

rushproductions.com.au / facebook.com/djjed

flippy's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 285
Posts
9,533

Quote:

Originally Posted by wana3q

See if you brought Nexus up here you be able to book absolutely everyone you want to....... because you have no competition yo

So 2 Nexus gigs for every Australian tour a DJ does.... looks pretty good for Nexus from all angles.

And in order to add a Sydney date to a tour artists will drop zee price up here... win all round.

just saying like....

it's GEEN-II-OOS!

nah that would involve me having to go to Sydney and I can't say you've sold me on that in the last 6 months
wana3q +

Fo' Cereal

wana3q's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
9,884
Is this where I'm supposed to talk up Sydney Harbour or where I'm supposed to stop being a cockhead?
metaphorikal +

u mad

metaphorikal's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
< 1,772
Posts
5,230
come to sydney because we have the harbour bridge and a thriving trance scene
flippy +

rushproductions.com.au / facebook.com/djjed

flippy's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 285
Posts
9,533

Quote:

Originally Posted by wana3q

Is this where I'm supposed to talk up Sydney Harbour or where I'm supposed to stop being a cockhead?

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphorikal

come to sydney because we have the harbour bridge and a thriving trance scene

...meta, have you met wana3q?

i've been to sydney.. for roughly 4hrs... no trance was involved.. i mustn't have experienced it properly... i saw the airport, a cab, the inside of a casting studio, a few home & away actors then a cab and the airport again..
RUSH PRODUCTIONS: HOUSE|PROG|TECH|TRANCE
Rush Radio - Podcast via iTunes or Podbean

Jed - Prog/Tech/Trance

GIGS'n'SHIT
09/05_TRANCE NATION
17/05_SUPER8 & TAB and BEN NICKY

metaphorikal +

u mad

metaphorikal's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
< 1,772
Posts
5,230

Quote:

Originally Posted by flippy

...meta, have you met wana3q?

i've been to sydney.. for roughly 4hrs... no trance was involved.. i mustn't have experienced it properly... i saw the airport, a cab, the inside of a casting studio, a few home & away actors then a cab and the airport again..

You made a porno?

WANT
flippy +

rushproductions.com.au / facebook.com/djjed

flippy's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 285
Posts
9,533

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphorikal

You made a porno?

WANT

PM sent..
RUSH PRODUCTIONS: HOUSE|PROG|TECH|TRANCE
Rush Radio - Podcast via iTunes or Podbean

Jed - Prog/Tech/Trance

GIGS'n'SHIT
09/05_TRANCE NATION
17/05_SUPER8 & TAB and BEN NICKY

wana3q +

Fo' Cereal

wana3q's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
9,884

Quote:

Originally Posted by flippy

...meta, have you met wana3q?

I think we met very briefly in the Cave.....

Last time I was in Melbs I was with mikewebster........ at his place.... smashed... in the kitchen jibbering for a few hours about nothing after a big one at Pretty Simple.

Gotta get down there again soon........ twas epic.

I wanna meet the Melbourne trance fags.
flippy +

rushproductions.com.au / facebook.com/djjed

flippy's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 285
Posts
9,533

Quote:

Originally Posted by wana3q

I think we met very briefly in the Cave.....

Last time I was in Melbs I was with mikewebster........ at his place.... smashed... in the kitchen jibbering for a few hours about nothing after a big one at Pretty Simple.

Gotta get down there again soon....... twas epic.

I wanna meet the Melbourne trance fags.

mike webster is a great representation of Melbourne party scene: loose, fun & full of surprises
wana3q +

Fo' Cereal

wana3q's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
9,884
At Darkbeat:

wana3q: "Mike this is Elliot"

mikewebster: "I cant see"

Elliot G: "Think we've met before man"

mikewebster: blank look followed by, "I cant see".... "my eyes, they cant see"

Elliot: "jeezus"
flippy +

rushproductions.com.au / facebook.com/djjed

flippy's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 285
Posts
9,533
yep, sounds about right..
JulesPLees +

Just about sick of it. Totes.

JulesPLees's Avatar
Joined
Jul '02
Times thanked
< 214
Posts
12,113
if wana3q is a rep from sydney - khunts are pretty loose up there as well
Julesplees/PlasticMusic Soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/user38450
metaphorikal +

u mad

metaphorikal's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
< 1,772
Posts
5,230

Quote:

Originally Posted by wana3q

I think we met very briefly in the Cave.....

Last time I was in Melbs I was with mikewebster........ at his place.... smashed... in the kitchen jibbering for a few hours about nothing after a big one at Pretty Simple.

Gotta get down there again soon........ twas epic.

I wanna meet the Melbourne trance fags.

Road Trip for Summadayze
wana3q +

Fo' Cereal

wana3q's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
9,884

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulesPLees

if wana3q is a rep from sydney - khunts are pretty loose up there as well



Yeah was a little tipsy when I bumped into you.....
wana3q +

Fo' Cereal

wana3q's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
9,884

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphorikal

Road Trip for Summadayze

Na.... more like an extended Danny Howells set in the courtyard at Laundry followed by Spice Afloat to watch the first sunrise of the year between the Sydney Harbour heads for me dude

Hoping Spice Afloat get some mad****s.... Wink would be off the chain but I doubt it.
narcism +

faithless fangirl

narcism's Avatar
Joined
May '07
Times thanked
< 586
Posts
6,584

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphorikal

You made a porno?

WANT

be careful what you ask for

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxi Jazz

"It's about being determined to have a good time no matter what.
You have to take your good time to the party rather than expect the party to be your good time."

metaphorikal +

u mad

metaphorikal's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
< 1,772
Posts
5,230

Quote:

Originally Posted by wana3q

Na.... more like an extended Danny Howells set in the courtyard at Laundry followed by Spice Afloat to watch the first sunrise of the year between the Sydney Harbour heads for me dude

Hoping Spice Afloat get some mad****s.... Wink would be off the chain but I doubt it.

Sounds goood

If there are some decent sideshows in Sydney for SD then I'll stay here, but I have a feeling we won't get much in the way of sideshow's

Ah Well

See ya on Saturday Mate
wana3q +

Fo' Cereal

wana3q's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
9,884
We'll get like all the acts on that lineup dude
flippy +

rushproductions.com.au / facebook.com/djjed

flippy's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 285
Posts
9,533

Quote:

Originally Posted by narcism

be careful what you ask for



or meta and i could just make one in the toilets of a club whenever he drops into melbs for a party... his call..
RUSH PRODUCTIONS: HOUSE|PROG|TECH|TRANCE
Rush Radio - Podcast via iTunes or Podbean

Jed - Prog/Tech/Trance

GIGS'n'SHIT
09/05_TRANCE NATION
17/05_SUPER8 & TAB and BEN NICKY

metaphorikal +

u mad

metaphorikal's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
< 1,772
Posts
5,230


Ps time for an avatar change


the cool kids changed theirs a few hrs ago
SurfinBird +

ITM Legend

SurfinBird's Avatar
Joined
Oct '09
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
5,627
Bam.
Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts