Times thanked
<
Really?
aerobiotic on beatport

WADZA +

you're really cool man

Times thanked
<
yes. DMH has been around for some time now.

Upcoming:

Sat 16th June : Deepchild (Berlin) @ Barsoma
manuka +

is a code monkey

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerobiotic

Really?

i believe they (VW + Store DJ) have just entered into an investment partnership with DMH
hence, the closure of VW and Store DJ logo now appearing on the DMH website

oh yeh, and the top article on the store DJ website:

DANCE MUSIC HUB PARTNERS WITH STORE DJ!
Timski +

These aren't my glasses.

Times thanked
<
Pretty average site to be honest, very slow at loading up pages for me and searching quite a few well known artists turned up very few releases.
kasper_flip +

;_;

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,497 Times in 705 Posts
unfortunately they dont seem to have much of the genres i'm interested in, and what they do have is the commercial labels. and dont even have the new releases from those labels.

i like supporting australian places but im not gonna buy from them unless they have something to distinguish them from juno or beatport.

and the site takes FOREVER to load
aerobiotic +

Retarded abuser...

Times thanked
<
What about the price of there tracks? I've only had a quick look but they don't seem to be very competitive, correct me if I'm wrong!
WADZA +

you're really cool man

Times thanked
<
prices are good.

range / selection of music definately needs improvement.

Upcoming:

Sat 16th June : Deepchild (Berlin) @ Barsoma
defected819 +

CHyer!

Times thanked
<
Would be good to have an aussie store. Hopefully they can get the right amount of variety in cat. Making the site faster and easier to use would definitely help their cause.
Lee Michaels +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by WADZA

yes. DMH has been around for some time now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timski

very slow at loading up pages for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasper_flip

unfortunately they dont seem to have much of the genres i'm interested in, and what they do have is the commercial labels.

Hi, Lee here from DanceMusicHub. Thanks for starting the thread and for the posts. We're aiming to have the best site and catalogue so I encourage the feedback.

A brief history:
- My business partner Ben and I had the idea of launching a download site early in 2004. I hadn't heard of Beatport until Ben sent me the BP URL. They had around 30,000 tracks online at that time.
- We spent the next 3 years travelling the globe signing up labels/suppliers and developing the site.
- We launched the site to the trade at ADE '07 and went live to the public in November 2007.
- We gave the site a much needed face lift in April this year (thanks Nick from Meso Creative)
- The joint venture with Jeremy from Vinyl Warning/Store DJ had been in the making for around 10 months allowing heaps of time to form what is (in my opinion) the perfect partnership. For DanceMusicHub is means a greater opportunity to invest in the site and the catalogue.

We don't want to be a Beatport or a Juno, we want to be a site that caters for the local DJ; both in the way the site functions and the music catalogue, which is why i encourage the feedback.

Site performance
We're re-coding the search functionality as well as a couple of other tweaks so speed will improve. Other than that, pls let me know where you think it needs to be faster as independent tests say we are the world's fastest site.

Music Catalogue
We have 6000 labels across 16genres and many more sub genres. We have just reviewed those labels; some will be going, a lot more new labels are coming on board. We're constantly adding new labels, so keep checking back and if we don't have a label that you like, TELL ME! kasper_flip, i see from your profile, you like the harder stuff we have a heap of hard labels coming on board soon.

Price
Average price of Top10 on DanceMusicHub USD$1.67, on BP, USD$2.33. Plus we have mp3 192k from $1.59! We're cheaper.

We're here for the long run and we're here for the local EDM community, so thanks (sincerely) for the posts. Keep 'em comin'!

Last edited by Lee Michaels: 03-Aug-09 at 09:41pm

chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

Times thanked
<
Make a 'Tribal House' sub genre and I'll spend lots of money in your store
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<
get some of the harders styles would def be good.
Tech-One
Ben_Silla +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimby

Make a 'Tribal House' sub genre and I'll spend lots of money in your store

Hey Chimby,

We do have a tribal section. Check out the genre flyouts under the house genre.

Thanks all for the feedback as my partner in crime has said we are committed to constantly improving the site and the content. Keep checking back for more great labels coming on board.
aerobiotic +

Retarded abuser...

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Michaels

Hi, Lee here from DanceMusicHub. Thanks for starting the thread and for the posts. We're aiming to have the best site and catalogue so I encourage the feedback.

A brief history:
- My business partner Ben and I had the idea of launching a download site early in 2004. I hadn't heard of Beatport until Ben sent me the BP URL. They had around 30,000 tracks online at that time.
- We spent the next 3 years travelling the globe signing up labels/suppliers and developing the site.
- We launched the site to the trade at ADE '07 and went live to the public in November 2007.
- We gave the site a much needed face lift in April this year (thanks Nick from Meso Creative)
- The joint venture with Jeremy from Vinyl Warning/Store DJ had been in the making for around 10 months allowing heaps of time to form what is (in my opinion) the perfect partnership. For DanceMusicHub is means a greater opportunity to invest in the site and the catalogue.

We don't want to be a Beatport or a Juno, we want to be a site that caters for the local DJ; both in the way the site functions and the music catalogue, which is why i encourage the feedback.

Site performance
We're re-coding the search functionality as well as a couple of other tweaks so speed will improve. Other than that, pls let me know where you think it needs to be faster as independent tests say we are the world's fastest site.

Music Catalogue
We have 6000 labels across 16genres and many more sub genres. We have just reviewed those labels; some will be going, a lot more new labels are coming on board. We're constantly adding new labels, so keep checking back and if we don't have a label that you like, TELL ME! kasper_flip, i see from your profile, you like the harder stuff we have a heap of hard labels coming on board soon.

Price
Average price of Top10 on DanceMusicHub USD$1.67, on BP, USD$2.33. Plus we have mp3 192k from $1.59! We're cheaper.

We're here for the long run and we're here for the local EDM community, so thanks (sincerely) for the posts. Keep 'em comin'!

Thanks for that! few questions answered! great...
aerobiotic on beatport

powerstruggle +

Eat me

Times thanked
<
The guys at DMH are great.

Their site will grow to be even better in the coming months/years/decades!

They ran a promotinon for ausdjforums.com when they just started to get off the ground, good to see some support for the homegrown!
baax +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

and the site takes FOREVER to load

I find it's one of the quickest.
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
Lloyd C +

Times thanked
<
I find it takes a while to search something, but other than that its very fast. And the download speeds are extremely good.
Ben_Silla +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lloyd C

I find it takes a while to search something, but other than that its very fast. And the download speeds are extremely good.

Thanks again for the great feedback, Keep it coming. Lloyd we are aware of the issue in the search and are working on a fix. Stay tuned for that
skunky +

Times thanked
<
Good work Lee/Ben on engaging and answering questions etc and congrats on the site.

Just a question I was wondering - apart from a sense of Aussie pride, why should we start shopping at DMH now? Just wondering what sets you apart from all the other download sites?
Lloyd C +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben_Silla

Thanks again for the great feedback, Keep it coming. Lloyd we are aware of the issue in the search and are working on a fix. Stay tuned for that

no problem!

I have a question... I tried to purchase an album the other day and when I clicked the "buy" button at the top it said:

MYPOD / MY DECKS - YOU CAN BUY ONLY INDIVIDUAL TRACKS

it seems to happen with anything i've attempted to buy in that way. I presume I'm doing something wrong?
chimby +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Hey Chimby,

We do have a tribal section. Check out the genre flyouts under the house genre.

Thanks all for the feedback as my partner in crime has said we are committed to constantly improving the site and the content. Keep checking back for more great labels coming on board.

Oh, wicked. Apologies for not looking hard enough.
Ben_Silla +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

no problem!

I have a question... I tried to purchase an album the other day and when I clicked the "buy" button at the top it said:

MYPOD / MY DECKS - YOU CAN BUY ONLY INDIVIDUAL TRACKS

it seems to happen with anything i've attempted to buy in that way. I presume I'm doing something wrong?

Hi lloyd,

Thanks for visiting the site. In the top right hand corner you will see three icons next to the currency buttons. All Tracks, For My Decks , For My Pod.

This was a filter that we added in the early days of the site which will calibrate the site for the length of tracks

For example : For my pod will show only radio edits or tracks under 4 minutes. For my decks will show tracks that are over 4 minutes. All tracks will show all tracks.

If you had "For My Decks" or "For My Pod" selected it is likely that some tracks on the album will not be displayed therefore we cant sell you the entire album. Please try the All tracks filter then purchase the album.

It's an interesting issue though that we have not come accross yet, thanks for picking it up!

Hope this helps. If you have any further problems send me a PM or contact us through the site and we'll be happy to help.
Lloyd C +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Hi lloyd,

Thanks for visiting the site. In the top right hand corner you will see three icons next to the currency buttons. All Tracks, For My Decks , For My Pod.

This was a filter that we added in the early days of the site which will calibrate the site for the length of tracks

For example : For my pod will show only radio edits or tracks under 4 minutes. For my decks will show tracks that are over 4 minutes. All tracks will show all tracks.

If you had "For My Decks" or "For My Pod" selected it is likely that some tracks on the album will not be displayed therefore we cant sell you the entire album. Please try the All tracks filter then purchase the album.

It's an interesting issue though that we have not come accross yet, thanks for picking it up!

Hope this helps. If you have any further problems send me a PM or contact us through the site and we'll be happy to help.

cheers mate, I didn't realize 'All Tracks' was actually a button.... I knew it was going to be an operator error

all sorted now, thanks
kasper_flip +

;_;

Times thanked
<
good to see you guys have an interest in your customer base and improving your website

i guess i will expand upon my earlier criticisms of the site:
- as previously mentioned the search is a little slow
- range could do with improvement (i mainly play hardstyle, as far as i can tell you have maybe 20 labels in your catalogue, with some of them not even being hardstyle labels - nukleuz for example.)
- perhaps removing the fixed width for the site would be nice, i find viewing it in a thin slice down the middle of my widescreen monitor slightly frustrating
- a feature i really like on trackitdown is the option for you to save a track for later, so you can add it back into your cart another time. i find it really useful, would be nice to see it implemented on your site

thats all i can think of atm
Lee Michaels +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by skunky

Good work Lee/Ben on engaging and answering questions etc and congrats on the site.

Just a question I was wondering - apart from a sense of Aussie pride, why should we start shopping at DMH now? Just wondering what sets you apart from all the other download sites?

what itmr's say

"Fuck this site is fantastic. Good to see disco, funk and retro stuff getting their own sections Buying music now!"

"Just bought a few tracks from this site. Download speeds are literally 10x faster on my internet connection and if you select to download all the tracks you buy at once it zips them into a zip file for your convenience. its great that its in australian dollars too!"

"Oh and the other benefit over beatport is that the tracks remain up for 48 hours! I've had trouble in the past with not being able to re-download tracks that failed to download completely."

Plus we have also been receiving accolades for our customer service. We're responsive, helpful and have a face in what is often a faceless (cyber) world.

what i say!

The needs of Australian DJs; the music played /purchased is unique versus the rest of the world. Our interaction with the local customer base means the music we have (and will have) plus the site functionality is a reflection of what locals want. if you get the music you want and have the best experience finding that music, then we're heading in the right direction.

Site Features
Our direction with DanceMusicHub is to have the best features of all sites plus a few of our own. These include:
- The first site to have a built in player/playlist
- Most filter options in the "first click", so you can find the music that is right for you faster.
- More filter options on key pages, making search easier
- Option of menu versus main frame "drive"
- if you ever accidentally bought a radio edit, we are the only site that has a single button that filters music for a pod (<4mins) versus music djs
- etc

In the coming weeks we'll be launching DMH Discovery Radio Show which will feature dj mixes from our label partners. This is something other stores don't offer but it will be a great way for customers to "Discover Your Sound" <---our tagline .on www.dancemusichub.com

And at the end of the day Skunky, the more people spend on our site, the more we will invest in it and therefore the Australian EDM community.
Lloyd C +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Michaels

what itmr's say

"Just bought a few tracks from this site. Download speeds are literally 10x faster on my internet connection and if you select to download all the tracks you buy at once it zips them into a zip file for your convenience. its great that its in australian dollars too!"

agree, the downloads are fucking fast!

From what I understand the whole zip file thing doesn't apply to macs?
Ben_Silla +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

good to see you guys have an interest in your customer base and improving your website

i guess i will expand upon my earlier criticisms of the site:
- as previously mentioned the search is a little slow
- range could do with improvement (i mainly play hardstyle, as far as i can tell you have maybe 20 labels in your catalogue, with some of them not even being hardstyle labels - nukleuz for example.)
- perhaps removing the fixed width for the site would be nice, i find viewing it in a thin slice down the middle of my widescreen monitor slightly frustrating
- a feature i really like on trackitdown is the option for you to save a track for later, so you can add it back into your cart another time. i find it really useful, would be nice to see it implemented on your site

thats all i can think of atm

Hey Kasper,

We're working on the catalogue with so many new labels coming on board it's hard to keep up! If you have some suggestions for hardstyle please let us know.

Regarding the feature that you like on trackitdown we have the same functionality. If you add a track to your crate then go into "view crate" you have the option to "Leave"

This will keep the track in your crate but it will not go to the checkout until you click the button to "ADD" it back.

Regarding the fixed width.....we didn't want to get too fat! But a tricky one and hard to please all users screens!

Thanks again for the feedback
chimby +

Times thanked
<
Digging the amount of customer feedback you guys have going on here.
reemo +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

If you use Firefox or IE hit CTRL + to zoom the site to the width of your browser window. I love doing this and find that the site gracefully expands to fill a whole window. It makes things much easier on the eyes, especially late at night
Lee Michaels +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

agree, the downloads are fucking fast!

From what I understand the whole zip file thing doesn't apply to macs?

correct, not at the moment.
kasper_flip +

;_;

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by reemo

If you use Firefox or IE hit CTRL + to zoom the site to the width of your browser window. I love doing this and find that the site gracefully expands to fill a whole window. It makes things much easier on the eyes, especially late at night

yeah i know about that but was more referring to it being wider to then fit more content, rather than just showing it bigger. thanks anyway
sHaRp-b0y +

hope you enjoyed the ride

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,457 Times in 269 Posts
Hi Ben & Lee. I thought I'd provide some feedback for your site.

The thumbs in the DJ PLaylists section are often the wrong size, 60x40 pixels stretched out to 60x60, making them look pretty bad.

I think the round currency logos with the country's flag are a bit weird. I can barely see what they are. Perhaps making them bigger, or getting rid of the stupid web2.0 effects might help.

However, the site seems to load really quickly for me and I'm throttled for another couple of days.
Lee Michaels +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by sHaRp-b0y

Hi Ben & Lee. I thought I'd provide some feedback for your site.

The thumbs in the DJ PLaylists section are often the wrong size, 60x40 pixels stretched out to 60x60, making them look pretty bad.

I think the round currency logos with the country's flag are a bit weird. I can barely see what they are. Perhaps making them bigger, or getting rid of the stupid web2.0 effects might help.

However, the site seems to load really quickly for me and I'm throttled for another couple of days.

cheers sharp boy - gr8 feedback, i agree with you...we'll be making the changes
Lee Michaels +

Times thanked
<
if you have label recommendations for us please add them here

we'll also update you with the labels we're about to add.

PLUS

Quote:

Quote:

good to see you guys have an interest in your customer base and improving your website i guess i will expand upon my earlier criticisms of the site: - as previously mentioned the search is a little slow

we've modified the search functionality which has had a dramatic improvement on the speed and ease of the search. I think we're now the fastest site. try it and let me know what you think

Last edited by Lee Michaels: 06-Aug-09 at 05:44pm

« Previous Thread Next Thread »