Why do you even dj?? meerrr

Closed thread
  Tools
seannash +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by wookie nipple

wow, lovely to see once again the usual retarded bunch have begun to put words in my mouth. im sick of having to repeat myself. you few would make great policemen, not listening to anything and putting words in my mouth and all. IN FACT I MIGHT START TYPING IN CAPITALS PERHAPS ITLL HOLD YOUR ATTTENTION A BIT LONGER!! I HAVNET SAID 95% OF THE THINGS YOU SAY I HAVE. NOT ONCE DID I SAY YOU CANT DJ WITHOUT KNOWING SOME OF THE HISTORY. YES "LAST NIGHT A DJ SAVED MY LIFE" IS A FANTASTIC BOOK BUT THATS NOT SOLEY WHAT I WAS REFERRING TO. I DO HOWEVER STRONGLY BELIEVE IT WOULD HELP PEOPLE IF THEY JUST TOOK THE TOOK THE TIME TO LEARN. I MADE THE DISTINCTION OF A FAKE DJ AND JUST TO GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE I READ IN SCENE MAGAZINE NOT TOO LONG AGO OF A DJ IN BRISBANE ONE WHO PLAYS IN CLUBS NONE OF THE MAJOR 3 BUT IS STILL KNOWN. WHEN ASKED WHY HE GOT INTO DJ'ING HIS REPLY WAS "MONEY, FREE BOOZE AND WOMEN." IF ANYONE ON HERE DEFENDS THAT COMMENT THAN YOUR JUST AS BAD AND I HATE YOU. EXCUSE ME MOZART WHY DID YOU WRITE ALL THOSE MASTERPIECES "OH TOTALLY FOR THE BITCHES YO!"

IF YOU DJ FOR WOMEN, MONEY OR FREE BOOZE YOU DONT DESERVE THE TITLE DJ.

AND IN REGARDS TO REVEALING WHO I AM... SUCK IT. I THINKS ITS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY FOR ME TO DIVULE WHO I AM. YOU CAN RESERVE JUDGEMENT ONM ME WITHOUT KNOWING ME THATS FINE. IM NOT GOING TO REVEAL MYSELF ONLY TO HAVE DOUCHE BAGS LIKE YOU KNOWING WHO I AM. IF YOUR SO UNIMPRESSED THAT I "HIDE" BEHIND AN LCD SCREEN THAN PERHAPS YOU SHOULD HAVE PICKED A MORE FACE TO FACE FORM OF DISCUSSION NOT A FORUM ON THE INTERNET!

do you think that the dj in question could be using sarcasm with the sex,booze and women comment?

and please for the love of god dont compare djing to mozart.djing is not the same as writing music.
whether you intended the thread to take a turn like this your comments havent steered it in any other direction.

also how are people meant to "pick a more face to face form of discussion"when they dont know who you are.if they did then perhaps they might be able to have this face to face discussion with you the next time they meet you.

you decided to call anyone who didnt meet your criteria of knowing the history of dance music a "fake" dj and this led to the discussion we have now.

whatever reason people get into djing the people who are not passionate about it ususally give up soon after when they realise its a bit harder than they anticipated.
to be honest i find your attitude more unappealing than the fake djs you bash.
you congratulate someone who posted about there being no prejudice on the dancefloor.
you should extend that courtesy to the dj booth i think
wookie nipple +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by slackas

hey man don't get too upset, the only wedding i played at was when your fathers got married

oh wow nice one buddy! seems like someone is getting a little upset. defensive much?

and to your question.. show me this person and i will happily tell them they are a waste of space and obviously a desperate, sex-less try hard. if you have to play music etc to get laid thats saying something about your face/dick.

yeh sorry im not fluent in forum procedures
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:

im sick of having to repeat myself

etc

etc

etc

etc

you can stop now ...
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com

*musical needs most likely not met
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<

Quote:

oh wow nice one buddy! seems like someone is getting a little upset. defensive much?

and to your question.. show me this person and i will happily tell them they are a waste of space and obviously a desperate, sex-less try hard. if you have to play music etc to get laid thats saying something about your face/dick.

yeh sorry im not fluent in forum procedures

to finish off, there are heaps of djs that do it for chicks, or reasons around that...

man they are entitled to do whatever the fuck they want... not into it but hey...

the kinds of clubs that foster dj's like that stop interesting me a long time ago...
Tech-One
wookie nipple +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by seannash

do you think that the dj in question could be using sarcasm with the sex,booze and women comment?

and please for the love of god dont compare djing to mozart.djing is not the same as writing music.
whether you intended the thread to take a turn like this your comments havent steered it in any other direction.

also how are people meant to "pick a more face to face form of discussion"when they dont know who you are.if they did then perhaps they might be able to have this face to face discussion with you the next time they meet you.

you decided to call anyone who didnt meet your criteria of knowing the history of dance music a "fake" dj and this led to the discussion we have now.

whatever reason people get into djing the people who are not passionate about it ususally give up soon after when they realise its a bit harder than they anticipated.
to be honest i find your attitude more unappealing than the fake djs you bash.
you congratulate someone who posted about there being no prejudice on the dancefloor.
you should extend that courtesy to the dj booth i think

no. i have met this person several times and no he was not being sarcastic at all!

please show me where i have said that anyone who doesnt know history is a fake dj? you all know exactly what i mean by fake dj and if you truely believe that they have as much right as anyone else when their motive a clearly for attention, fame, women and money/drugs/booze then i have completely lost all faith. and no i wasnt comparing mozart to djing, again another example of you not reaading properly, gee i'd hate to see you read a newspaper, i wonder what outlandish things you manage to decipher out of that!!?

i seem to recall a recent thread about the 'sex in the valley' thing at planet nightclub, which im sure some of you posted on. now thats basically an element of what im talking about. fake, cheap self promotion in order to get gigs. the same applies to those who want to dj for the sake of fame and popularity. if you dont think they exist well you need to open your eyes cause there are plenty of them.

and no im not 18, im 27. and no i am educated, in fact i have 6 months of my business masters to go. so your wrong on both accounts.
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<
so maybe you should stick to business? and leave the forums for the big boys that can handle a bit of flak?
Tech-One
j_hunter +

Times thanked
<
HAHAHA this is gold
ChewbaccaKongDSp +

reflect this thing

Times thanked
<
sex in the valley thread was closed due to negativity, it was a female dj event, the promoters were to blame, not the djs
wookie monster
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<
the chewbacca strikes back?
Tech-One
wookie nipple +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

so maybe you should stick to business? and leave the forums for the big boys that can handle a bit of flak?

oh wow i didnt realise wedding dj's were the big boys now, sorry. i leave it to you and the 35 year old drum and bass dj from step inn.
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<
where did you get wedding dj from? lol...

p.s. hardstyle at a wedding??

Tech-One
The Silver Fox +

om nom nom

Times thanked
<
people doing something for the wrong reasons!

man. srsly. get over it.

if you think its something exclusive to djing there is something wrong
wookie nipple +

Times thanked
<
my mistake it was birthday parties.

oh wow i just saw you say your tune of the week..

"my music recommendations - dizee rascal - bonkers" - nuff said.
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<
oh yea the stint i did @ cocktails, wasnt birthdays its a top 40 club with a capacity of 3000

sold my soul for a few hundred bucks a weekend....

anyway... doesnt really bother me, thats why the info is public

why not come to step inn and see us both? have that face to face chat you were talking about...
Tech-One
wookie nipple +

Times thanked
<
and benii, pretty sure offering illegal bootlegs for download is a no no.. tsk tsk.
wookie nipple +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

oh yea the stint i did @ cocktails, wasnt birthdays its a top 40 club with a capacity of 3000

sold my soul for a few hundred bucks a weekend....

anyway... doesnt really bother me, thats why the info is public

why not come to step inn and see us both? have that face to face chat you were talking about...

ohhh that sounds a little threatening? you getting a little upset benii-bee? love the way you threw in the 3000 capacity as well. i only go to stepp inn if i want my ears to bleed... which is.... never.
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<
not threatening mate. What you got to hide?

p.s. im not upset, im love ITM @ work
Tech-One
The Silver Fox +

om nom nom

Times thanked
<
wookie nipple +

Times thanked
<
no dude seriously, you cant just re-write an artists track then offer it as a remix for download.
seannash +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

no. i have met this person several times and no he was not being sarcastic at all!

please show me where i have said that anyone who doesnt know history is a fake dj? you all know exactly what i mean by fake dj and if you truely believe that they have as much right as anyone else when their motive a clearly for attention, fame, women and money/drugs/booze then i have completely lost all faith. and no i wasnt comparing mozart to djing, again another example of you not reaading properly, gee i'd hate to see you read a newspaper, i wonder what outlandish things you manage to decipher out of that!!?

i seem to recall a recent thread about the 'sex in the valley' thing at planet nightclub, which im sure some of you posted on. now thats basically an element of what im talking about. fake, cheap self promotion in order to get gigs. the same applies to those who want to dj for the sake of fame and popularity. if you dont think they exist well you need to open your eyes cause there are plenty of them.

and no im not 18, im 27. and no i am educated, in fact i have 6 months of my business masters to go. so your wrong on both accounts.

oh man,youve really gone off on one havent you.

okay so you compared the reason one dj gave for djing and imagined a scenario if mozart got into music for the women?please dont reference something which requires a million times more skill becuase when you do this it leads people to believe that your putting them on the same skill level.
so yeah my bad for taking it up wrong but what a fucking retarded comparison it was

Quote:

i ask this because im coming to the realisation that most people who call themselves dj's especially in brisbane (why so many in brisbane, they are like a plague ffs!) have NOOOOO idea about the history of djing or the history and cultural significance of electronic music. most of these teeny bopping wannabes think that djing started when cdjs were invented and have no idea nor do they have any interest in learning more about where this all started.

i guess this is where you said that djs who dont know there history are fake.true you didnt use the word fake but its in a similar vein

also i never mentioned anything about your education or age.coincidently im the same age as you and your high and might attitude is something i normally never find with people my age.i definitely know ive experienced more of the "scene" than you but again i dont hold that over peoples heads.

even if the fake dj exist(not arguing they dont)so fucking what man,honestly who cares.
seannash +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

. i leave it to you and the 35 year old drum and bass dj from step inn.

for one who preaches about history you show no respect for the older generations of djs who id imagne have been at it alot longer than you.
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<

Quote:

no dude seriously, you cant just re-write an artists track then offer it as a remix for download.

eat me man, just some re-edits im doing on my journey to try make a decent track or two...

dont care what you think, ive had my fair share of good/bad comments

but the legality of it? Well the way it see it, if you want to listen to my version over the original... your either one of my friends... or well yea....
Tech-One
seannash +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

its called an edit,learn some history,djs have been doing them for a long time
The Silver Fox +

om nom nom

Times thanked
<
me thinks wookie zipple wont last to long round these parts
wookie nipple +

Times thanked
<
obviously you do. i made the point that i was trying to make and yet several of you decided to take the entirely wrong message out of it. if you hadn had your head up your ass to begin with this post would never have to gt to where it is. you guys decided that i was saying you cant dj without knowing the history. and clearly from what you posted here i never said that. you interpreted it that way thats your fault. i made the point that they know no history not thats why they will never be able to dj. and no i wasnt cmparing mozart to the dj, merely just making the point of how stupid it would be for someone to get into music for the pussy. several of you are too quick to band together and start pulling comments apart and trying to find an ounce of negativity. i have to deal with younger crowds on a weekly basis and i know first hand how out of control the whole "i wanna dj" phenomenon is getting.
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<
which takes me back to the dj booth "knowing each other" thought... maybe you should have just looked at threads more instead of posting...
Tech-One
wookie nipple +

Times thanked
<
no no an edit does not involve literally copying the chords from a tutorial then putting it up on your website listed as pjanoo - (benii remix). completey different mate. im sure those record labels would agree whole heartedly, not that i would tell them.
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<
the dude who wrote the tutorial worked the chords out by himself... then i put them onto the piano roll...

if you listen to them side by side you will find out its not even really correct. The only thing that is the same is the chord progression...

im not trying to argue that it isnt eric's track, i love it, pjanoo is one of the catchiest melodies i have ever heard...

But its got the sound, i like it, and so do my mates...

anyway...
Tech-One
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<
p.s. do you have any tracks/re-edits of your own???

i just read you history, your the guy who said "fedde le grands track selection was shit, but he is an awesome dj!" yea that made me lol
Tech-One

Last edited by slackas: 07-Aug-09 at 12:49pm

wookie nipple +

Times thanked
<
why is there a sudden increase in the amount of people (partcualarly young kids) wanting to dj? only in the last 5, 6, 7 year has this happened. is it because it is now a respectable job or because its "cool" even ten years ago the dj was not popular, he was the nerdy jerk who was anti-social. funny how all of a sudden everyone wants to do it. the music has been around for much longer couldnt be that, gee when i was at high school listening to morillo's subliminal sessions was taboo, now though... well.
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<
its because music is much more accessible, and dj gear is getting easier/cheaper to purchase.

Djs have ALWAYS been look upon as cool, just it was harder to become one back in the day...
Tech-One
seannash +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

why is there a sudden increase in the amount of people (partcualarly young kids) wanting to dj? only in the last 5, 6, 7 year has this happened. is it because it is now a respectable job or because its "cool" even ten years ago the dj was not popular, he was the nerdy jerk who was anti-social. funny how all of a sudden everyone wants to do it. the music has been around for much longer couldnt be that, gee when i was at high school listening to morillo's subliminal sessions was taboo, now though... well.

this is realy baffling you huh?
10 years ago radio wouldnt play much dance music,now people are used to hearing dance music,more people are exposed to it,more people dj.

also you do realise 10 years ago was 1999.djing was pretty popular back then
wookie nipple +

Times thanked
<
did o say his tracks are shit? dont remember that. in fact his tracks are very well produced, not my bread and butter but definately a great producer, and seriously mate if you think he's a shit dj then my opinin of you is definately correct. please share your thoughts...

regardless of who copied the chords you still copied them as well. it doesnt matter if your friends like it or not, still illegal. especially when prydz wont even record a live set for fear of people chopping out the new tracks and playing them out, im sure he wouldnt be too impressed with you releasing your own remix of one his tracks.
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by seannash

also you do realise 10 years ago was 1999.djing was pretty popular back then

wow i never thought 1999 as being 10 years ago... time flies
Tech-One
wookie nipple +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

its because music is much more accessible, and dj gear is getting easier/cheaper to purchase.

Djs have ALWAYS been look upon as cool, just it was harder to become one back in the day...

yep clearly you know nothing. djing was never always cool. anyone over the age of 20 should know that. thats your worst comment yet mate, completely inaccurate. if anything dj's have been hated up until probly 15 years ago, both by radio, musicians, "rockstars", older generations etc etc. why do you think the underground rave was invented?
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<

Quote:

did o say his tracks are shit? dont remember that. in fact his tracks are very well produced, not my bread and butter but definately a great producer, and seriously mate if you think he's a shit dj then my opinin of you is definately correct. please share your thoughts...

regardless of who copied the chords you still copied them as well. it doesnt matter if your friends like it or not, still illegal. especially when prydz wont even record a live set for fear of people chopping out the new tracks and playing them out, im sure he wouldnt be too impressed with you releasing your own remix of one his tracks.

i am 99.999999999999999% sure that if i talked to eric this is how it would go:

Beniii: Hey eric, have bought heaps of your tunes, love your style!

Eric: Thanks i always like meeting new fans.

Beniii: btw i made a re-edit of pjanoo because i liked it so much hope u dont mind...

Eric: nah thats fine mate, can i have a listen

Eric: Sounds shit... thanks anyway...

Beniii: Fuck you why didnt you come to SFD???!!!!
Tech-One
seannash +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

wow i never thought 1999 as being 10 years ago... time flies

ha ha well people seem to throw out 10 years ago like it was the stone age.
djing was massive back then(albeit in europe)
a contributing factor to its popularfity now is how cheap it is to buy a digital set up
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<

Quote:

yep clearly you know nothing. djing was never always cool. anyone over the age of 20 should know that. thats your worst comment yet mate, completely inaccurate. if anything dj's have been hated up until probly 15 years ago, both by radio, musicians, "rockstars", older generations etc etc. why do you think the underground rave was invented?

lol your a dick, i mean by people attending the events where dj's play back in the day... ofcause any other musician has a tainted view of dj's they still do.
Tech-One
wookie nipple +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

this brings me back to my point of maybe you should try learning about something before opening your mouth. thats twice now youve been proof of my statements. thanks benii
InFluEnCedDJ +

Heya! :D

Times thanked
<
LOL, Wookie, what a fag.
D0001 +

Times thanked
<
mr wookie are you experienced in the history of converstaion????

it does not seem so
ChewbaccaKongDSp +

reflect this thing

Times thanked
<

Quote:

when did you start and why? were you young?

do you have any mixes online that we can listen to?

how do we know you are even a dj? for all we know you have just read a book and a few threads on it

you are arguing like a sixteen year old, do you spend your weekends fighting dragons with your mouse?

you not bringing much to the table here, after all this is your thread
wookie monster
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<
lol, you have proved your character... have fun playing at wherever you do?
Tech-One
D0001 +

Times thanked
<
Anyway i finally got mixed in key 4!!!!!

i can now key all my tracks in my SHITTY PROGRAM TRAKTOR PRO!!!

WOW i wish i was a good DJ and knew the history like you!!!

well fuk it, i might just go hit my head against a sync, button!!!
wookie nipple +

Times thanked
<
re-edits are used for sets. to make a track more unique, decrease or increase in intro outro, maybe even put an acapella over a track, they are not to be called remixs and posted on your website for download!!! clear distinction. i bet you prydz would care very much.
D0001 +

Times thanked
<
btw do you still use VCR at home mr wookie???? or have you upgraded to a dvd if so why???
seannash +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

please please please stop typing.

the underground rave was not invented because djs were hated.
djs were not hated they were just seen as a jukebox for playing other peoples records.
hip hop and disco clubs paved the way to change that perception.
again i gotta ask you do realise 15 years ago was 1994.dance music was pretty popular back then albeit more underground
D0001 +

Times thanked
<
Maybe it should be a new sprt called WOOKIE BASHING?
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<
so what are YOU going to do about it?

are you eric prydz?
Tech-One
wookie nipple +

Times thanked
<
im just heading out the door to go to work but when im home i will gladly offer you some of my mixes.. and ill give you alittle run down of myself. still not reveiling my name.
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »