Food, Photography and Travel

Post a creative photo you have taken. Take 4.

Closed thread
  Tools
the_pezman +

itsnotjustfunkitsafusion

the_pezman's Avatar
Joined
Jan '02
Times thanked
< 316
Posts
16,171
traj - thanks (: totally jealous of your car!

cavez - i think cos its got that little boat lost in a sea of fog feeling. dead calm if you will


couple from the pain of getting up for a sunrise shoot, damn you chamz!
only one that was actually on sunrise that was any good :p

>picture|life
>pictr|flickr
>fan my fase
the_pezman +

itsnotjustfunkitsafusion

the_pezman's Avatar
Joined
Jan '02
Times thanked
< 316
Posts
16,171
couple more




>picture|life
>pictr|flickr
>fan my fase
Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Ruthykins's Avatar
Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
< 3,816
Posts
13,202
I ripped this idea off Nettsu...sorry/thank you. You carried it out a lot better





^^this one is titled "this is why I can't have nice things" for obvious reasons.
Ya baloney
inemkcufbetween +

Registered User

Joined
Oct '09
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
33
wow cavey, really like your pics on page 9. keep up the good work!
dkgrima +

aka Dave Who?.....

dkgrima's Avatar
Joined
Jun '05
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
312

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_pezman


Thats a nice shot Pez...
ITM Contributer/Photographer
mixxxy +

Eternal Nymphette

mixxxy's Avatar
Joined
Aug '01
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
567
Needing a haircut

trajik +

Handsome ass

trajik's Avatar
Joined
Nov '02
Times thanked
< 15
Posts
8,600
"This is why I can't have nice things" I love it.
bbberocca +

Registered User

bbberocca's Avatar
Joined
Mar '04
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
1,597

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavey



a bit late, but these are great
Dis is how u rave
Cavey +

^_~

Cavey's Avatar
Joined
May '04
Times thanked
< 156
Posts
6,402
Nawww thanks

It's never too late to stroke an ego ^_^

Katsu kangae wa motsu na makenu kangae wa hitsuyo.



Cavey for president. :xxnu
You're a freaky unit :trippytrip
DuncanM +

ITM Contributor

DuncanM's Avatar
Joined
Jun '04
Times thanked
< 1,802
Posts
6,572
An old pic, taken with my film camera:



It's one of my faves.
Cavey +

^_~

Cavey's Avatar
Joined
May '04
Times thanked
< 156
Posts
6,402
you guys chalked that boulder up good

Katsu kangae wa motsu na makenu kangae wa hitsuyo.



Cavey for president. :xxnu
You're a freaky unit :trippytrip
DuncanM +

ITM Contributor

DuncanM's Avatar
Joined
Jun '04
Times thanked
< 1,802
Posts
6,572
It's got a big roof over it, so there's no way that rain can get in and wash the chalk off. It wasn't all us, honest.
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,071
Posts
22,064

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthykins


^^this one is titled "this is why I can't have nice things" for obvious reasons.

story please!



missed this one, thats awesome cavey
Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Ruthykins's Avatar
Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
< 3,816
Posts
13,202

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho

story please!

well it goes like this; I'm a fucking idiot, went to put my phone in my pocket and missed, phone landed face down on concrete, shards of glass flew everywhere! Phone still works but I had to put plastic thingy over the screen so I wouldn't cut my finger every time I tried to use it.

Chris rang our Insurer last night to make sure things like my Camera and Laptop were covered for Knuckle-Head McSpazatron attacks!
Ya baloney
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,071
Posts
22,064

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthykins

I'm a fucking idiot, went to put my phone in my pocket and missed

ive done that a few times and its even more stupid for guys because we (most of us) dont wear tight jeans with tight pockets.
Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Ruthykins's Avatar
Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
< 3,816
Posts
13,202
yeah I felt like a shmuck
Chris and my boss both asked if I had run over it in my car.

Optus is just rubbing salt in the wound with their pathetic Insurance :grrrrrrrrrrrrface:
Ya baloney
jazzcat +

zerg rushing

jazzcat's Avatar
Joined
Mar '05
Times thanked
< 32
Posts
1,690
wow i've dropped mine a few times from head height and it just kinda bounced :/ wish mine would break so i can get a decent phone hehe. i was gonna ask how you did that so i could "accidentally" do the same
like a $3.40 bag of fresh hip hop from your local fish and chip shop

flickr
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,071
Posts
22,064

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthykins

yeah I felt like a shmuck
Chris and my boss both asked if I had run over it in my car.

Optus is just rubbing salt in the wound with their pathetic Insurance :grrrrrrrrrrrrface:

so its insured with optus but they wont cover it? or theyre charging an obscene amount to fix/replace it?

because i only just found out that optus have upped the insurance on iphones to $14/month which is a joke! i should really open my bills more often
Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Ruthykins's Avatar
Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
< 3,816
Posts
13,202
Jazz: Not worth the trouble! Just ride out the contract but take care of your iPhone in the meantime

Rancho: Yep, I pay $14 a month just so when my phone breaks I can pay another $250 to have it fixed, oh and be phoneless/iPodless for 3 weeks?!?!?! WTF! For the exact same price I can take it Apple in Robina and have it fixed in 15mins
Ya baloney
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,071
Posts
22,064
what a joke. couple years ago when my phone got stolen the excess was $100, and then last year when i lost my phone i got a replacement for free.

iphone on optus = major rort.
Cavey +

^_~

Cavey's Avatar
Joined
May '04
Times thanked
< 156
Posts
6,402
google mytouch shits all over the iphone....just fyi

Katsu kangae wa motsu na makenu kangae wa hitsuyo.



Cavey for president. :xxnu
You're a freaky unit :trippytrip
dkgrima +

aka Dave Who?.....

dkgrima's Avatar
Joined
Jun '05
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
312



ITM Contributer/Photographer
dkgrima +

aka Dave Who?.....

dkgrima's Avatar
Joined
Jun '05
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
312
ITM Contributer/Photographer
Klips +

camera whore

Klips's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
1,300

[Klips has] got have the sandiest giney in this forum.
- Krafty_x
Quickly now private klips, don your serious helmet and man your serious post for the internets are attacking - rancho
Klips ... you're an animal - djway
In Soviet Russia, Coldplay photograph you. - legalaffairs
dkgrima +

aka Dave Who?.....

dkgrima's Avatar
Joined
Jun '05
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
312
ITM Contributer/Photographer
Grizzzly +

Registered User

Grizzzly's Avatar
Joined
Apr '09
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
76
love the sunrise ones cavey one day I'll bother to get up early.
the_pezman +

itsnotjustfunkitsafusion

the_pezman's Avatar
Joined
Jan '02
Times thanked
< 316
Posts
16,171

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho

what a joke. couple years ago when my phone got stolen the excess was $100, and then last year when i lost my phone i got a replacement for free.

iphone on optus = major rort.

not really, its just like all the clowns that went and bought crx's or wrxs and crashed them. of course its going to push the premiums up

clutz's (no offence ruthy :p ) seem to think a delicate piece of technology like the iphone is as robust as their old 5110. but no you cant drop it in the toilet and air it out and itll work again. nor can you see it fly off the roof of your car as you pull out of your drive way and just ahve to get a new cover for it.

vanity is a mofo, you pay one way or another
>picture|life
>pictr|flickr
>fan my fase
Cavey +

^_~

Cavey's Avatar
Joined
May '04
Times thanked
< 156
Posts
6,402

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzzly

love the sunrise ones cavey one day I'll bother to get up early.

What sunrise photo? I think you might be referring to me pez.

Katsu kangae wa motsu na makenu kangae wa hitsuyo.



Cavey for president. :xxnu
You're a freaky unit :trippytrip
Villephant +

Can't see

Villephant's Avatar
Joined
Sep '03
Times thanked
< 1,455
Posts
7,314
the iphone nice things is lol.
sucks about the fact it is broken.
but still makes me lol
Villephant - 2014-02 It's still 2, it's still 2!
InfraDread - Lover's Jungle
jazzcat +

zerg rushing

jazzcat's Avatar
Joined
Mar '05
Times thanked
< 32
Posts
1,690

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_pezman

not really, its just like all the clowns that went and bought crx's or wrxs and crashed them. of course its going to push the premiums up

clutz's (no offence ruthy :p ) seem to think a delicate piece of technology like the iphone is as robust as their old 5110. but no you cant drop it in the toilet and air it out and itll work again. nor can you see it fly off the roof of your car as you pull out of your drive way and just ahve to get a new cover for it.

vanity is a mofo, you pay one way or another

at the risk of cluttering up this thread with chat.. i just had to correct you you actually can drop the iphone in the toilet and dry it out and it still works (as a colleague found out!), and having an iphone has nothing to do with vanity and everything to do with the fact that they are still the best smartphone on the market

i'm waiting for a decent android phone to be released here so i can be free of the evilness that is apple stoopid australia

ps i like your sunrise photos, especially the first one can i ask where that is?
like a $3.40 bag of fresh hip hop from your local fish and chip shop

flickr
Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Ruthykins's Avatar
Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
< 3,816
Posts
13,202
PEZ! Its got nothing to do with me thinking my things are worthless or robust, I'm just retarded, you of all people should know that!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Ya baloney
autumn acid +

pandering

autumn acid's Avatar
Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
< 206
Posts
6,952


EAD
Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Ruthykins's Avatar
Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
< 3,816
Posts
13,202
i love the top one aa! very pretty!
Ya baloney
First Strike +

Registered User

First Strike's Avatar
Joined
Mar '03
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
1,202
dkgrima +

aka Dave Who?.....

dkgrima's Avatar
Joined
Jun '05
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
312
^^^ Man, that's sharp. Like it !!, Nice detail in the buildings, and grass is green as...................well.......grass.....

ITM Contributer/Photographer
the_pezman +

itsnotjustfunkitsafusion

the_pezman's Avatar
Joined
Jan '02
Times thanked
< 316
Posts
16,171
dk - not sure what youre doing with the soft focus thing but its working, i like it, speshly that last one. gives it a weird feel, cant quite put my finger on it tho

aa - def. like the bit of irony in the first one. secret photo of a secret

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzcat

at the risk of cluttering up this thread with chat.. i just had to correct you you actually can drop the iphone in the toilet and dry it out and it still works (as a colleague found out!), and having an iphone has nothing to do with vanity and everything to do with the fact that they are still the best smartphone on the market

i'm waiting for a decent android phone to be released here so i can be free of the evilness that is apple stoopid australia

ps i like your sunrise photos, especially the first one can i ask where that is?

kinda missed the point there jazzy :p

ruthy - thats why you need that samsung shock proof one thats nicknamed the builders phone. its waterproof shockproof has a torch compass and altimeter!

but yes we digress... back to the photos n stuff

adidas ecstasy high *snicker*

>picture|life
>pictr|flickr
>fan my fase
Villephant +

Can't see

Villephant's Avatar
Joined
Sep '03
Times thanked
< 1,455
Posts
7,314

Quote:

ruthy - thats why you need that samsung shock proof one thats nicknamed the builders phone. its waterproof shockproof has a torch compass and altimeter!

the original of those was the best.. (i think it was samsung, not sure) but it had a "shark fin" antenna and was damn near indestructible. dad had one, and he dropped it off a motorbike, drove over it with a truck, and several other things to it, but by the time it had actually died from the crap he put it through, they no longer made that model, and the next model looked similar, but was nowhere near as shock proof, and he killed it in about a week... lol
Villephant - 2014-02 It's still 2, it's still 2!
InfraDread - Lover's Jungle
scriptme +

Registered User

Joined
Nov '09
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
11
Flash the lights!
Just a fews shots i took with a new flash i gotta play with. All are single shots with 0% editing except for some cropping and resizing.
  • Attached Thumbnails

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1505.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	32294  Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	32295  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0961.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	32296  
http://www.randomthingsforsale.com.au

Relax! im just posting the link as a favor for my friend.
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Spectrum's Avatar
Joined
May '01
Times thanked
< 146
Posts
9,179

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_pezman

dk - not sure what youre doing with the soft focus thing but its working, i like it, speshly that last one. gives it a weird feel, cant quite put my finger on it tho

Kinda pinhole/no-lens?

DK, spill the beans, eh?!

I had thought about doing the DIY pinhole...



http://www.camerahacker.com/Forums/D...Hole_Lens.html
Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Ruthykins's Avatar
Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
< 3,816
Posts
13,202

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_pezman

ruthy - thats why you need that samsung shock proof one thats nicknamed the builders phone. its waterproof shockproof has a torch compass and altimeter!

thats why YOU need that samsung....shut up!
I'm sorry baby, I didnt mean it, sometimes I just get so scared, scared of being a nobody
Ya baloney
dkgrima +

aka Dave Who?.....

dkgrima's Avatar
Joined
Jun '05
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
312

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectrum

Kinda pinhole/no-lens?

DK, spill the beans, eh?!

I had thought about doing the DIY pinhole...

No nothing like that.

Rancho mentioned nik colour efex pro 3.0 in another thread.
I actually forgot that I have that software. It's a plug in for Photoshop or Aperture etc.

Just ran the image thru the "Midnight" filter.....And hey presto!

It's good because it's quick and you can control what parts of the image receive how much filtering using the + or - control points.




ITM Contributer/Photographer

Last edited by dkgrima: 07-Nov-09 at 02:54pm

Cavey +

^_~

Cavey's Avatar
Joined
May '04
Times thanked
< 156
Posts
6,402
Birdy!


Katsu kangae wa motsu na makenu kangae wa hitsuyo.



Cavey for president. :xxnu
You're a freaky unit :trippytrip
jazzcat +

zerg rushing

jazzcat's Avatar
Joined
Mar '05
Times thanked
< 32
Posts
1,690
like a $3.40 bag of fresh hip hop from your local fish and chip shop

flickr
First Strike +

Registered User

First Strike's Avatar
Joined
Mar '03
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
1,202

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkgrima

^^^ Man, that's sharp. Like it !!, Nice detail in the buildings, and grass is green as...................well.......grass.....

Thanks
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Spectrum's Avatar
Joined
May '01
Times thanked
< 146
Posts
9,179

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkgrima

Reminds me of...



My wife and I honeymooning @ Kalbarri WA.

Exposure around 30 secs.




EDIT: Oh and shot on film, printed, scanned, and no fancy photoshop plug-ins. )

Last edited by Spectrum: 10-Nov-09 at 10:49pm

sman +

Registered User

sman's Avatar
Joined
May '04
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
122
Took these two on Sunday, studio set-up. Model using a tramp to Jump, soft box directly in front close to the ground, two strip boxes at 45deg behind the model and a smoke machine. I would have liked the shots a little wider but I only had my 50mm 1.4 on me!



-----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.fotopriority.com.au
rowdworx +

DJ IMPERIAL

rowdworx's Avatar
Joined
Aug '03
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
1,877
Shot from a couple of weeks ago. Still learning my way around my camera. have a long way to go.




Also one from the weekend.

IMPERIAL

Last edited by rowdworx: 11-Nov-09 at 01:17pm

twisted_elegance +

say what now?

twisted_elegance's Avatar
Joined
Dec '06
Times thanked
< 1,453
Posts
12,070
Haven't been in here for a while, great shots everyone!!

A photo I took ages ago while I was at the parentals place.

yeah, that's freakin profound....

flickr
nettsu +

http://about.me/nettsu

nettsu's Avatar
Joined
Dec '03
Times thanked
< 4
Posts
7,558

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkgrima

No nothing like that.

Rancho mentioned nik colour efex pro 3.0 in another thread.
I actually forgot that I have that software. It's a plug in for Photoshop or Aperture etc.

Just ran the image thru the "Midnight" filter.....And hey presto!

It's good because it's quick and you can control what parts of the image receive how much filtering using the + or - control points.

this also looks like the orton effect

anyhoo one from me...
finally got some time to process some photos

i take photos
twisted_elegance +

say what now?

twisted_elegance's Avatar
Joined
Dec '06
Times thanked
< 1,453
Posts
12,070
So cute netts! It's about time we got some photos of your gorgeous girls!


Quick question, is anyone else not able to get their photo source info on flickr just by right clicking? I have to go to the page source and get it that way so I'm able to post it in here.
yeah, that's freakin profound....

flickr
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts