The DJ Booth

2 quick noob questions

Page 2 of 2
  Tools
Teenos +

Times thanked
<
I agree. Buying Dj gear is just like anything else in life, you buy what you can afford.

In saying that, I have friends who have forked out over $5000 in gear only to play in their bedrooms for 2-3 months and then sell because 'they got over it'.

Be honest with yourself & decide how serious you are about it. Even if serious just means that you will always be playing in your bedroom & burning CD's. Or Doing a party for your mates on NYE or whatever. As long as you will get constant use and enjoyment, I would say spend the money and get some good gear.

The other advantage of buying good equipment is the fact that you will be able to sell it & at a decent price.

just my 2 cents.

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkdogz

I wouldn't recommend starting on shite CDJs. I started with vinyl and a semi-decent mixer. but low end cdjs to me are just that. I even think the 800s are pretty average, let alone the 400s.

I'd get the 1000s if you can because if you're taking this DJ thing seriously then within the year ur gonna want them - and you've then flushed over a g down the drain. I say all this even if you never intend to play in a club.

I started with low end stanton turntables, STR8-80s, and within 12 months had upgraded to the str8-150s. However, I was a poor 16 year old at the time. If I had the dosh or other means somehow i.e. birthday present, I would've gone the 150s cos I knew I loved DJing and wasn't just about to get over it. So if you're starting on CDJs, I'd recommend getting the best (note. not the 2000s).

pipnosis +

Times thanked
<
GO the pioneer CDJ1000/DJM800 only because they are decent, the industry standard and easy to sell if you get over it.
Zooshu +

Times thanked
<
industry standard is just a buzz word to charge a higher price imo

play around and find something that you like playing on that is within your budget.

once you can play one pioneer cdj, you can play them all.

your house isn't a nightclub, you dont NEED the "industry standard" although if you can afford it, why not?
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zooshu

industry standard is just a buzz word to charge a higher price imo

but its true, and you know it.
Tech-One
Page 2 of 2

« Previous Thread Next Thread »