The DJ Booth

FUCK itunes!

Reply
  Tools
walkdogz +

Registered User

walkdogz's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 451
Thanked 510 Times in 328 Posts
Posts
7,170
fuziwuzi just owned funkyant... that was good to watch.
fuziwuzi +

soup

fuziwuzi's Avatar
Joined
Feb '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,991
Thanked 3,203 Times in 544 Posts
Posts
5,406

Quote:

Originally Posted by quantum8

windows when you're bored? at least put somethin interesting on there

nah, windows will keep you frustrated entertained for hours.
fuziwuzi +

soup

fuziwuzi's Avatar
Joined
Feb '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,991
Thanked 3,203 Times in 544 Posts
Posts
5,406

Quote:

Originally Posted by slackas

Its not that hard to do, i have a third party app on my mac (snapz pro x) does screenshots and video.

i'm coming back to this point. osx has it built in. and all of the other stuff i mentioned is built in (i've not mentioned one 3rd party app feature).

have u ever done a full reinstall of windows, and had to install all those apps again. it can take a week for me to get windows set up 100% (three monthly windows 98 installs because something would bork or slow down FFFUUUUUUUU). there is very little adjusting in osx on a reinstall. and all your original apps are still in osx anyway (if you do an archive install). and a majority of osx apps are drag and drop install, there is no clicking next,next,next,next *goes to install next app* next,next,next *has to remember to untick a box to avoid installing adware/malware* next,next,next...

there is no other os that i have tried that comes close(i've tried linux for 10months as my main desktop, beos, haiku, most flavours of windows since windows 2, and dos before that...). but i am keen to see the new amiga os ^__^

Last edited by fuziwuzi: 05-Nov-09 at 01:12am

slackas +

Music on my mind...

slackas's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 81
Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Posts
5,396

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuziwuzi

i'm coming back to this point. osx has it built in. and all of the other stuff i mentioned is built in (i've not mentioned one 3rd party app feature).

have u ever done a full reinstall of windows, and had to install all those apps again. it can take a week for me to get windows set up 100% (three monthly windows 98 installs because something would bork or slow down FFFUUUUUUUU). there is very little adjusting in osx on a reinstall. and all your original apps are still in osx anyway (if you do an archive install). and a majority of osx apps are drag and drop install, there is no clicking next,next,next,next *goes to install next app* next,next,next *has to remember to untick a box to avoid installing adware/malware* next,next,next...

there is no other os that i have tried that comes close(i've tried linux for 10months as my main desktop, beos, haiku, most flavours of windows since windows 2, and dos before that...). but i am keen to see the new amiga os ^__^

I have tried my fair share of linux distros, and am pretty pro when it comes to getting XP to run nicely, now running MacOs on my macbookpro. Two things i fully agree with you on.

1. It takes quite a while to tweak a vanilla XP installation, to not be bloated, run quickly and have all the settings a normal user would like (no pop-ups, security blah blah)

2. MacOs takes not even half the time to set up, and it is aimed at the not so skilled computer user. As funkyant seems to think that it is dumbed down or not coded properly... how can this be when it starts loads faster and out performs windows all in the base tasks?

P.s. i initial bought my macbook because i wanted a tough laptop with good design, and it hasnt let me down ONE bit. I fully kept in mind that i could load windows on it at any time.
Tech-One
slackas +

Music on my mind...

slackas's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 81
Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Posts
5,396

Quote:

Originally Posted by http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/computers/better-the-broken-windows-than-life-with-the-mac-monks-20091103-huew.html

I know Windows is awful. Everyone knows Windows is awful. Windows is like the faint smell of piss in a subway: it's there, and there's nothing you can do about it. It's grim, it's slow, everything's badly designed and nothing works properly: using Windows is like living in a communist bloc nation circa 1981. And I wouldn't change it for the world, because I'm an abject bloody idiot and I hate myself, and this is what I deserve: to be sentenced to Windows for life.

haha
Tech-One
fuziwuzi +

soup

fuziwuzi's Avatar
Joined
Feb '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,991
Thanked 3,203 Times in 544 Posts
Posts
5,406

Quote:

Originally Posted by slackas

P.s. i initial bought my macbook because i wanted a tough laptop with good design, and it hasnt let me down ONE bit. I fully kept in mind that i could load windows on it at any time.

did angus have any influence over your mac purchase? not surprised if he did

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

so it turned out that, yes, there will be dogs

Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Spicy's Avatar
Joined
Dec '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,002
Thanked 749 Times in 454 Posts
Posts
10,354
> aimed at the not so skilled computer user.

the very reason i don't use one. it is a dumbed down operating system, and the reason it's been tested to run faster than w7 is because apple doesn't 'legally' allow osx to run on any other hardware than their own (even though you can still do it), so official tests cannot be done on anything other than apple computers running both osx and windows via bootcamp. unfair advantage?
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
slackas +

Music on my mind...

slackas's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 81
Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Posts
5,396

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuziwuzi

did angus have any influence over your mac purchase? not surprised if he did

negative, no one on ITM ever infuences me to buy stuff.

p.s. this may or may not be a lie.
Tech-One
fuziwuzi +

soup

fuziwuzi's Avatar
Joined
Feb '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,991
Thanked 3,203 Times in 544 Posts
Posts
5,406

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy

> aimed at the not so skilled computer user.

the very reason i don't use one. it is a dumbed down operating system, and the reason it's been tested to run faster than w7 is because apple doesn't 'legally' allow osx to run on any other hardware than their own (even though you can still do it), so official tests cannot be done on anything other than apple computers running both osx and windows via bootcamp. unfair advantage?

that wasn't the arguement, and doesn't rule out what i said.

also when was easy and feature packed, out of the box, for novice and skilled users, dumbed down -___-

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

so it turned out that, yes, there will be dogs

fuziwuzi +

soup

fuziwuzi's Avatar
Joined
Feb '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,991
Thanked 3,203 Times in 544 Posts
Posts
5,406
i don't understand why people think windows being difficult and pain in the arse, and hard to learn as a good thing.

what the fuck is that argument. yes i learned windows, i've used it for decades, it's difficult, and hard to learn. most novice users can't get their head around the basics of an os that rules 90% of the markets. how the fuck does that make a you want to defend it.

it's crap and hard to use, admit it

being a psych student, i understand that when people invest a large amount of time, they are prone to defend it. even if there no reason for it to be better.

the chinese in concentration camps used to give the American soldiers two ciggies for writing am essay on why communism was good. since the reward was lower than the output, they then reason internally and automatically that they must agree with communism, as teh effort was not worth input.

windows is too much effort, for little output, therefore you are psychologically obliged to think you like it :/

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

so it turned out that, yes, there will be dogs

quantum8 +

\0/

quantum8's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 306
Thanked 1,291 Times in 598 Posts
Posts
5,875

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy

> aimed at the not so skilled computer user.

the very reason i don't use one. it is a dumbed down operating system, and the reason it's been tested to run faster than w7 is because apple doesn't 'legally' allow osx to run on any other hardware than their own (even though you can still do it), so official tests cannot be done on anything other than apple computers running both osx and windows via bootcamp. unfair advantage?

errr

lol @ dumbed down...not sure where this is coming from. don't mistake a GUI for being dumbed down, it's still tried and tested UNIX in there

apple has nothing to lose once you've bought their hardware, which is why they've released bootcamp so you can run windows natively. perhaps they should dumb down their drivers so you can only run windows at 800x600 resolution so as to expose their 'agenda' here?
Funky Resonations - 8pm (GMT+10) Every 2nd Tuesday on www.boost.fm

Quote:

Originally Posted by liberabit View Post

yep, I've had a few people do me from behind while I've only done one

plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

plan-b's Avatar
Joined
Dec '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 497
Thanked 646 Times in 433 Posts
Posts
19,319

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy

> aimed at the not so skilled computer user.

the very reason i don't use one. it is a dumbed down operating system, and the reason it's been tested to run faster than w7 is because apple doesn't 'legally' allow osx to run on any other hardware than their own (even though you can still do it), so official tests cannot be done on anything other than apple computers running both osx and windows via bootcamp. unfair advantage?

How is it a dumbed down operating system??

The features fuzi listed make it more advanced than anything Windows.. More intuitive does not make it dumbed down..

Your unfair advantage point's a bit of a moot point as well. The reason it's been tested to run faster than Windows is because it is faster. it doesn't matter if you think it's unfair that OS X can't run on other hardware the result at the end of the day is that it is faster.
slackas +

Music on my mind...

slackas's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 81
Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Posts
5,396

Quote:

Originally Posted by quantum8

lol @ dumbed down...not sure where this is coming from. don't mistake a GUI for being dumbed down, it's still tried and tested UNIX in there

THIS x 100000
Tech-One
fuziwuzi +

soup

fuziwuzi's Avatar
Joined
Feb '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,991
Thanked 3,203 Times in 544 Posts
Posts
5,406

Quote:

Originally Posted by quantum8

lol @ dumbed down...not sure where this is coming from. don't mistake a GUI for being dumbed down, it's still tried and tested UNIX in there

windows has a 'streamlinier" gui now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

so it turned out that, yes, there will be dogs

Sam_N +

they see my rollin

Sam_N's Avatar
Joined
Nov '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Posts
1,846
i can restore my computer in a matter of mins with everything i want installed. It's called an image.
i dont understand why apple fags think having everything done for you in the way apple thinks it should be done is a good thing.

fuziwuzi +

soup

fuziwuzi's Avatar
Joined
Feb '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,991
Thanked 3,203 Times in 544 Posts
Posts
5,406

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam_N

i can restore my computer in a matter of mins with everything i want installed. It's called an image.
i dont understand why apple fags think have everything done for you in the way apple thinks it should be done is a good thing.

yeah , but you need a third party app. learn to boot from time machine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

so it turned out that, yes, there will be dogs

macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412
yeah, what the fanboys forget is that millions of people have no trouble with windows

my laptop, it's a cheap one from jb hifi, and it worked right out of the box also

almost two years without a problem so far, no virus', nothing!
Sam_N +

they see my rollin

Sam_N's Avatar
Joined
Nov '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Posts
1,846
so what if i need a third party app. apple dont make the best of everything in software, neither do microsoft. third party apps are what apple is building it's future on, which is smart imo. not sure what you have against them

quantum8 +

\0/

quantum8's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 306
Thanked 1,291 Times in 598 Posts
Posts
5,875

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam_N

i can restore my computer in a matter of mins with everything i want installed. It's called an image.
i dont understand why apple fags think having everything done for you in the way apple thinks it should be done is a good thing.

nice and mature there.

problem is that personal opinions often get in the way of things before recognising that people may actually prefer something else other than their own preference.

may as well be arguing over crisp rye bread vs multigrain rye...they both give you the fibre you need so why argue which one is better?
Funky Resonations - 8pm (GMT+10) Every 2nd Tuesday on www.boost.fm

Quote:

Originally Posted by liberabit View Post

yep, I've had a few people do me from behind while I've only done one

Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Spicy's Avatar
Joined
Dec '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,002
Thanked 749 Times in 454 Posts
Posts
10,354
this thread is just missing chimby now. come oonnnn!! rageeeee!!!

fuziwuzi - if what you say is true, the same can be applied to your love for apple. mac fans really show their love for apple though, much more so than windows users.

the market for PC hardware is so diverse that PC users can easily customize their computer to suit whatever they want or need. it's huge! i guess to generalise things a bit -- PCs are regarded as computers for those of us who like to build their systems, twiddle with heaps of settings, overclocking, customised hardware setups, etc, etc.. tech stuff, maybe? kind of nerdy?

macs on the other hand are just finished products designed for the user who doesn't want to do any of that, and just wants to use a computer easily and without any trouble or having to know how it all works. i agree it's easy, and i also agree that osx is a fast and reliable system.

that's the difference and one of the main reasons why i prefer PCs. i like to fiddle around with things.


e: vvVVVV VVVVvv
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412
I can't wait till apple release the new tiestOS X
slackas +

Music on my mind...

slackas's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 81
Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Posts
5,396

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy

that's the difference and one of the main reasons why i prefer PCs. i like to fiddle around with things.

\

mac users like this could just lrn2unix
Tech-One
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Spicy's Avatar
Joined
Dec '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,002
Thanked 749 Times in 454 Posts
Posts
10,354
unfortunately not. it's one thing to adjust software settings with a CLI, and another to physically customize or replace hardware.
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

plan-b's Avatar
Joined
Dec '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 497
Thanked 646 Times in 433 Posts
Posts
19,319

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy

macs on the other hand are just finished products designed for the user who doesn't want to do any of that, and just wants to use a computer easily and without any trouble or having to know how it all works. i agree it's easy, and i also agree that osx is a fast and reliable system.

that's the difference and one of the main reasons why i prefer PCs. i like to fiddle around with things.

But you're wrong and you're still genrelising. Apple products aren't for those who don't need to know or care how it works. I use a Windows PC at work and a Mac at home. I choose to use a Mac because I know enough about how how both operating systems works and enough about the limitations of Windows that it's going to be a more powerful OS for my needs.

I use it because the hardware and software I use has been proven to run smoother and with less overhead on OS X than Windows.
quantum8 +

\0/

quantum8's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 306
Thanked 1,291 Times in 598 Posts
Posts
5,875

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy

unfortunately not. it's one thing to adjust settings with a CLI, and another to physically customize or replace hardware.

not really, the osx86 project takes care of a lot of those issues providing you buy a legal copy (if you disagree with the flimsy EULAs )
Funky Resonations - 8pm (GMT+10) Every 2nd Tuesday on www.boost.fm

Quote:

Originally Posted by liberabit View Post

yep, I've had a few people do me from behind while I've only done one

Juzzzy +

Registered User

Joined
Apr '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
405
windows - there's an app for that.
the elektro kitten +

ITM Contributor

the elektro kitten's Avatar
Joined
Aug '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
81
Itunes uses it's own compresser - so I burnt a CD as a reference track to one i was getting mastered, and was told it wont be good enough. So use something like Toast instead. Much better
www.myspace.com/laurenneko

Don't be a pussy unless you're a cat!
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Spicy's Avatar
Joined
Dec '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,002
Thanked 749 Times in 454 Posts
Posts
10,354

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan-b

But you're wrong and you're still genrelising. Apple products aren't for those who don't need to know or care how it works. I use a Windows PC at work and a Mac at home. I choose to use a Mac because I know enough about how how both operating systems works and enough about the limitations of Windows that it's going to be a more powerful OS for my needs.

I use it because the hardware and software I use has been proven to run smoother and with less overhead on OS X than Windows.

yes, and i said i was generalising. that's why i said it. it was a generalised statement.

of course there are many folks in the mac world like yourself, but GENERALLY SPEAKING how many of them are giant nerds with customized, overclocked macs, cooling systems in place, hard disk arrays, custom (LED flashing maybe?) fans on their graphics adapter, CPU and exhausts, and a fluoro light inside the box for that bonus rice burner look?
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
fuziwuzi +

soup

fuziwuzi's Avatar
Joined
Feb '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,991
Thanked 3,203 Times in 544 Posts
Posts
5,406

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy

that's the difference and one of the main reasons why i prefer PCs. i like to fiddle around with things.

i've used windows as my main OS sine about 1991. yes it needs fiddleing. it will always need fiddling, fiddling get boring. i am atht e point wher ei have built machines, and over clocked, and i don't want to fiddle just to get an os where i want it

now in regards to everyone 'apple is shit because it's easy' arguments, lets dismiss those
do any of you
1) perverse your meat in salt instead of using refrigerator?
2) walk EVERYWHERE instead of using transport?
3) write hand written letters instead of calling, texting or emailing?
4) sleep in a bed instead of on the floor?

then you can all stick you "easy is shit" arguments up your ass, as far as i am concerned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

so it turned out that, yes, there will be dogs

Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Spicy's Avatar
Joined
Dec '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,002
Thanked 749 Times in 454 Posts
Posts
10,354
> i don't want to fiddle just to get an os where i want it

well there you go. i think we finally came to the conclusion that there are people in this world who can't be bothered fiddling, while there are other people who do.

anyone here old enough to have used meccano? yes, oldschool meccano, the possible predecessor to lego. let me tell you - meccano came with instructions on how to put together your parts to complete whatever it is you bought. the instructions though were purposely wrong in order for the end user kiddie to put some thought into what they are doing.

well, windows is meccano. it's 'supposed' to work, but doesn't. you need to read up, fuck around, and twiddle with things just to get it where you want - as fuiziwuzi put it very well.
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
slackas +

Music on my mind...

slackas's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 81
Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Posts
5,396
i fkn LOVE this thread.
Tech-One
fuziwuzi +

soup

fuziwuzi's Avatar
Joined
Feb '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,991
Thanked 3,203 Times in 544 Posts
Posts
5,406

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy

yes, and i said i was generalising. that's why i said it. it was a generalised statement.

of course there are many folks in the mac world like yourself, but GENERALLY SPEAKING how many of them are giant nerds with customized, overclocked macs, cooling systems in place, hard disk arrays, custom (LED flashing maybe?) fans on their graphics adapter, CPU and exhausts, and a fluoro light inside the box for that bonus rice burner look?

so the mac is good arguements only applies to nerds using OSX not average users. YOU CAN'T DISCRIMINATE LIKE THAT

fail..

i am assuming that because you can't win the osx is shit arguement against us, you are just gonna pick on teh people who can't defend themselves, and who can't clearly say why osx shits of windows.

plus i have been the overclocker... nothing much in it now that base harware is so fast. though windows will always need faster machines :/ they always made their next oses slower than their old oses to force hardware sales. and that failed with vista, badly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

so it turned out that, yes, there will be dogs

slackas +

Music on my mind...

slackas's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 81
Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Posts
5,396

Quote:

Originally Posted by the elektro kitten

Itunes uses it's own compresser - so I burnt a CD as a reference track to one i was getting mastered, and was told it wont be good enough. So use something like Toast instead. Much better

wut?
Tech-One
plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

plan-b's Avatar
Joined
Dec '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 497
Thanked 646 Times in 433 Posts
Posts
19,319

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy

yes, and i said i was generalising. that's why i said it. it was a generalised statement.

of course there are many folks in the mac world like yourself, but GENERALLY SPEAKING how many of them are giant nerds with customized, overclocked macs, cooling systems in place, hard disk arrays, custom (LED flashing maybe?) fans on their graphics adapter, CPU and exhausts, and a fluoro light inside the box for that bonus rice burner look?

None, they've got better things to do with they're time. But that doesn't make them to be the clueless idiots you make them out to be.
slackas +

Music on my mind...

slackas's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 81
Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Posts
5,396

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan-b

None, they've got better things to do with they're time. But that doesn't make them to be the clueless idiots you make them out to be.

Mac pro's look fkn HOT straight out of the box, no need for case mods
Tech-One
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuziwuzi

1) perverse your meat in salt instead of using refrigerator?
2) walk EVERYWHERE instead of using transport?
3) write hand written letters instead of calling, texting or emailing?
4) sleep in a bed instead of on the floor?




do you drive a ferrari, or a more affordable car that can be customised to go fast, if you need it to?
slackas +

Music on my mind...

slackas's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 81
Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Posts
5,396

Quote:

Originally Posted by macc4



do you drive a ferrari, or a more affordable car?

foot falcon
Tech-One
fuziwuzi +

soup

fuziwuzi's Avatar
Joined
Feb '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,991
Thanked 3,203 Times in 544 Posts
Posts
5,406

Quote:

Originally Posted by slackas

Mac pro's look fkn HOT straight out of the box, no need for case mods

i herd you like case mods

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

so it turned out that, yes, there will be dogs

Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Spicy's Avatar
Joined
Dec '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,002
Thanked 749 Times in 454 Posts
Posts
10,354
^^^ haha!

> None, they've got better things to do with they're time.

that's exactly my point! there are people who want to do all that, and then there are people who don't want to do that. macs are for those who don't. everything just runs out of the box. there isn't that much room to customize things.

that's not a bad thing, that's a good thing.
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
slackas +

Music on my mind...

slackas's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 81
Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Posts
5,396

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuziwuzi

i herd you like case mods

where is the cup holder?
Tech-One
fuziwuzi +

soup

fuziwuzi's Avatar
Joined
Feb '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,991
Thanked 3,203 Times in 544 Posts
Posts
5,406

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy

> i don't want to fiddle just to get an os where i want it

well there you go. i think we finally came to the conclusion that there are people in this world who can't be bothered fiddling, while there are other people who do.

anyone here old enough to have used meccano? yes, oldschool meccano, the possible predecessor to lego. let me tell you - meccano came with instructions on how to put together your parts to complete whatever it is you bought. the instructions though were purposely wrong in order for the end user kiddie to put some thought into what they are doing.

well, windows is meccano. it's 'supposed' to work, but doesn't. you need to read up, fuck around, and twiddle with things just to get it where you want - as fuiziwuzi put it very well.

and that is why apple had increased sales profit last quarter, and ms did not have an increase. because a majority of computer users don't want to fiddle with a confusing OS anymore. now that they realise it does not have to be like that :/

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

so it turned out that, yes, there will be dogs

Juzzzy +

Registered User

Joined
Apr '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
405

Quote:

Originally Posted by slackas

wut?

dunno if ur being serious but fyi - toast is a mac burning program. much better than stock burn.


my only comment on this thread is that i work in the design/advertising world, and quite frankly, i'd never want a pc in front of me for my work.

/my2cents
slackas +

Music on my mind...

slackas's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 81
Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Posts
5,396

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juzzzy

dunno if ur being serious but fyi - toast is a mac burning program. much better than stock burn

Im being serious, show me where it says that when i burn and audio track to CD, itunes will 'compress' it before burning...
Tech-One
fuziwuzi +

soup

fuziwuzi's Avatar
Joined
Feb '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,991
Thanked 3,203 Times in 544 Posts
Posts
5,406

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juzzzy

dunno if ur being serious but fyi - toast is a mac burning program. much better than stock burn.


my only comment on this thread is that i work in the design/advertising world, and quite frankly, i'd never want a pc in front of me for my work.

/my2cents

even linux has better sub pixel rendering for fonts than windows...

watch this video to understand why OSX is better for design
Media Player

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

so it turned out that, yes, there will be dogs

Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Spicy's Avatar
Joined
Dec '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,002
Thanked 749 Times in 454 Posts
Posts
10,354

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuziwuzi

and that is why apple had increased sales profit last quarter, and ms did not have an increase. because a majority of computer users don't want to fiddle with a confusing OS anymore. now that they realise it does not have to be like that :/

hmm dunno fuzi, do you think it might have had something to do with their marketing?

hi everyone, do you want to be cool? buy a mac or ipod and you will be cool. p.s. iphones are cool too. be cool like us!
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
slackas +

Music on my mind...

slackas's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 81
Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Posts
5,396

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy

hmm dunno fuzi, do you think it might have had something to do with their marketing?

hi everyone, do you want to be cool? buy a mac or ipod and you will be cool. p.s. iphones are cool too. be cool like us!

It might swing back with windows 7 out now (seems to be the goods), windows goes throught cycles, good OS > ok OS > Failed OS

Win ME anyone?

vista was fail for me...

and new versions of windows take AGES before then become stable, in a business environment you just cant take on a new OS (windows) and until atleast SP2 lol.

p.s. win7 seems to be playing catchup to OSX on a lot of levels...
Tech-One
fuziwuzi +

soup

fuziwuzi's Avatar
Joined
Feb '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,991
Thanked 3,203 Times in 544 Posts
Posts
5,406

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy

hmm dunno fuzi, do you think it might have had something to do with their marketing?

hi everyone, do you want to be cool? buy a mac or ipod and you will be cool. p.s. iphones are cool too. be cool like us!

microsoft is a much bigger company with alot more money, they could easily have a much better marketing campaign than apple.

LETS NOT GET INTO THE AWFUL WINDOWS MARKETING AND ADVERTISING!!

or those horrible puke ads or the pointless seinfeld ads

seriously would you buy their product based on those ads

shit oses and shit marketing. people no longer believe the crap that mircosoft spout about their OSes.

the only reason vista made ay money at all was the OEM contracts

microsoft struggles to do anything really well......

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

so it turned out that, yes, there will be dogs

fuziwuzi +

soup

fuziwuzi's Avatar
Joined
Feb '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,991
Thanked 3,203 Times in 544 Posts
Posts
5,406

Quote:

Originally Posted by slackas

p.s. win7 seems to be playing catchup to OSX on a lot of levels...

i can't tell if windows has stolen the 'dock' or just jazzed up their previous quick start feature and pimped it like it's special and new

either way....


fail....

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

so it turned out that, yes, there will be dogs

Gruso +

Gruso's Avatar
Joined
Aug '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 9,121
Thanked 20,931 Times in 6,226 Posts
Posts
37,567

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuziwuzi

microsoft struggles to do anything really well......

Except er, dominate the domestic PC market. OHSNAP!
Gruso +

Gruso's Avatar
Joined
Aug '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 9,121
Thanked 20,931 Times in 6,226 Posts
Posts
37,567
ps. Apple stole the dock from Linux.
Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts