House, Techno and Progressive

Kris Wadsworth

Page 1 of 2
  Tools
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
Kris Wadsworth
I have already said it, but it is worth saying again, Wadsworth went from 'someone I had never heard' of to 'genius' in the space of two tracks. In total he was responsible for at least three of the tacks of 2009: 'Mainline', 'Deep Heat' and 'Trends'. Having completed such a prolific year now seems to be the best time to pay my respects to an immensely talented producer.

I regard KW as a house producer, however, the idea of techno being about all things innovative and forward thinking resonates with me so it seems appropriate to include a KW thread here.

KW has a raw analogue sound, that is often emotional and intense, with a soulful and funky groove. The biggest compliment I can pay the guy is that he is making 'popular deep house' very hard to listen to. There is a clear techno influence in many of KW's works that should appeal to many of you in here.

Discogs page: http://www.discogs.com/artist/kris+wadsworth

RA Page: http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj-features.aspx?id=5206

Last edited by carramrod: 28-Dec-09 at 10:23pm

carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
Here are four Wadsworth bombs
Media Player
YouTube

Media Player
YouTube

Media Player
YouTube

Media Player
YouTube
baax +

Times thanked
< 624
Ive not heard of him before, That Groove is a pretty cool house track the others did nothing for me.
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
elhadjihenry +

Times thanked
< 743
I absolutely love Wadsworth but the 4 youtubes you posted are some of my least favourite of his productions.

My top 4, could only find youtubes for 2 of them

Sorta Down

In Walked KW

High Roller
Media Player
YouTube

Town House
Media Player
YouTube
twistandshout +

Times thanked
< 11
the mainline track was a painful 10 minute ordeal.
Frosties are just cornflakes for people who can't face reality.
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
Heathens, all of you.

walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
wadsworth rocks... this is the deep house sound I'm following atm. there's a thread on him in the house forum with one of his mixes and when I asked for the tracklist he replied in the day with it - champion. ended up being all his own tracks. his new one 'direct' is very nice.
baax +

Times thanked
< 624
Alright i just layed That Groove into Deadbeat's Deep Structure, my weekend is complete.
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
makes sense
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
Kris has a myspace up and running which is a good thing (http://www.myspace.com/thedepthsof)

May 2010 Top Ten:

Quote:

01. Bruce Haack - Mean Old Devil [Q.D.K. Media]
02. Kris Wadsworth - A Sexual Position EP - Morris/Audio
03. Kevin Saunderson - Powerbass - Sonic Groove
04. Clark - Ted - Warp Records
05. Jimmy Edgar - GT01 - Glasstable
06. Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen - Jive
07. Cybotron - Cosmic Raindance - Fantasy
08. Laurent Garnier - Hand-written promo - White Label
09. Howlin' Wolf - Smokestack Lightnin - Marble Arch Records
10. Shed - Equalized #002 - Equalized

I have not been that good at checking for sound clouds so I completely missed http://soundcloud.com/kris_wadsworth. There is a 30min set KW did for Ben Watt's "Buzzin Fly" show. Very cool stuff.

There are some new originals to keep an eye out for
chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

Times thanked
< 212
I approve of this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkdogz

wadsworth rocks... this is the deep house sound I'm following atm. there's a thread on him in the house forum with one of his mixes and when I asked for the tracklist he replied in the day with it - champion. ended up being all his own tracks. his new one 'direct' is very nice.

Link?
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimby

I approve of this thread.

Link?

search the house forum mate!
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
I had a look but couldn't find anything.
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
Two hour mix by KW, only available for stream unfortunately.

http://www.burlingtonproject.co.uk/player.aspx?id=1039
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
June Top 10

Quote:

Tracklist:

01. Led Zeppelin No Quarter Atlantic Records
02. The Smashing Pumpkins Mayonaise Caroline
03. Can Paperhouse United Artists
04. Jimmy Edgar Hot Raw Sex (KW's Hot Raw Overdose remix) !K7
05. Common Factor Exploration/Meaning Planet E
06. Jimmy Ross First True Love Affair (Larry Levan) Quality Records Ltd.
07. Jan Jelinek Tierbeobachtungen (album) Scape
08. Iron Butterfly In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida ATCO
09. Thelonious Monk In Walked Bud Blue Note
10. Pantytec Micromission Perlon

carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
Wadsworth rants again
It gets pretty funny when the interviewer continues to ask KW about Detroit even though he has just been backhanded.

Other than that it paints a bleak picure of the city. There is some good news in the form of upcoming EPs and remixes.

Link: http://www.burlingtonproject.co.uk/n...ry.aspx?Id=587

Quote:

It has to be said, we don’t ALWAYS love our interviews at Burlington Project. Quite often the responses to our (naturally) always carefully thought out and intelligent questions are, in essence, the same old shit, different day. Hackneyed phrases, sloppy grammar, and at times an almost non-existent grasp on when or when not to use an apostrophe: these, it can safely be said, are the common denominators of a DJ interview. This, however, is probably not the place to begin our rant on the deplorable lack of appreciation for our beautiful language amongst our beloved music-makers. It is, however, always a pleasure to interview a producer that is not only an excellent artist and DJ, but also rather an articulate person. Kris Wadsworth certainly fits this bill (even if we did have to add an apostrophe or two).

Another thing that we definitely take pleasure in at Burlington is riling people up. There’s nothing we love more than really pissing people off—an enraged rant tends to make for a much more interesting and engaging read than yet another monologue on the gruelling schedule of a touring DJ. It can safely be said that Wadsworth is one easily riled man!

So, Wadsworth clearly ticks the Burlington Project boxes for a good interviewee. But what of the man behind the eloquent rant? Well, let’s start with a few facts. Wadsworth, whether he likes it or not, is from Detroit. His musical production, particularly over the last two years has done nothing but earn him praise and support across the industry. And as a DJ, he is respected and lauded for his eclecticism and skill, while his persistent use of vinyl marks him as one of the last of a dying breed. What more? Well as we’re pretty sure he’d tell you himself, it doesn’t matter a whole lot: just listen to his music and judge him by that.

We caught up with him ahead of his appearance at Simmer at the CAMP on Saturday, and were consequently treated to a thorough chastisement of our reportage, an account of his plans for marrying into the royal family, Montana techno, a blistering tirade against music journalists and at least five good reasons to never visit Detroit. Oh and some stuff about his music too. We definitely got our Wadsworth.

For the inaugural gig of your European tour, you’ll be playing at The City Arts & Music Project this Saturday. What can we expect from your set?

Actually playing Tresor in Berlin on Wednesday was my initial show. That one was good, my first London date won’t be.

You’re no stranger to playing in London. How does it compare to your home turf, or indeed to other cities across the globe?

I just actually got into London tonight. I love this city even though I have had more strange things go on here than anywhere aside from home. I think London has a specific charm to its nightlife as well as most everything else. Home has no charm. Other cities are very cold. Some cities are very welcoming. I’m not sure what I like about London so much…I’ve thought about it many times, quite often and I would say it is my favourite place I have ever travelled to. Honest.

You’re often categorised as one of the new generation of Detroit producers/DJs, and thus placed (involuntarily) in opposition to the Berlin crowd. Do you object to this transatlantic divide on the house and techno scene?

I think it’s fuckin stupid as hell to divide people all the time. The funny thing is that I can write goddamn circles around most of these so-journalists who write this bullshit. I am thinking I am going to start lying about where I’m from and start telling people I am from Billings, Montana. Then some dorks in Germany or something will copy a few untrue elements like they do in the Detroit copy and paste shit and rip-off my Montana Techno. Its not where you are from, it’s how you feel. There is nothing more to say.

Have you ever considered the move to Berlin, or indeed to another city (London springs to mind, for example)?

Yes. Of course. I am sick of living in Detroit. My dog is too. London is really expensive where Berlin is really pretty cheap. I wouldn’t live in Berlin though now that I have been there a few times. It just doesn’t fit. I guess if I were to move somewhere else outside my country, it would be London. Actually I don’t guess, I know it would be. Maybe the Queen will adopt me or Harry and I will get married? Who knows…?

In your recent article for RA, ‘Touring Scenes’, you described Detroit as “this shit-fucked city which hangs by a depressing, hopeless thread—never-ending violence, never-ending racism and never-ending anger”. So you seem to have some ambivalence towards the city. It is the birthplace of techno, a breeding ground for electronic music (not to mention hip-hop, soul and R & B) and has an underground scene unsurpassed in the States and renowned the world over. However, at the same time it’s a city fraught with socio-economic difficulties, and more often than not referred to as a wasteland or ghost town. Tell us your personal take on the city and its scene.

Are you fucking kidding me? Let me correct you right now and tell you that the Detroit underground scene gets blown out of the fuckin water by practically EVERY city in the US. Where do you get your reporting from? Just a round guess that since Derrick, Juan, and Kevin got shit going and that we have the DEMF/Movement thing once a year that the rest of the time it’s good? You’re wrong. I want you to feel like you are going to get robbed everyday or see parts of your neighbourhood on fire, or dead whores in the dumpster—that’s what my neighbourhood is, my friend, that and much more. So my experience is not end all or the foremost opinion, it is my experience and my opinion. That is why I say those things. The scene does suck, that is a fact. Anyone from Detroit that says different is absolutely full of shit.

Do you think the hardship and instability of the city is part of the reason for the musical excellence that emerges there?

I told you, I’m going to start lying and telling people I’m from Montana. I don’t really care about Detroit anymore. Best advice I have for you or anyone else is to go there and let me show you it. I will show you the good and how it is horribly out-weighed by the bad. It’s a shithole, matey…good blues came from Chicago. Chicago is a nice city. Blues is often not nice. Explain that. I don’t know. Shit grows plants just like Detroit grows music.

Obviously, the house and techno legacy in Detroit is immense. Do you feel intimidated by this when producing music?

No I don’t. I like to make music I am influenced by. I make what I feel and what I see and what I know. I know Detroit. I pay homage to it all the time, but I don’t sit there and think about how other people’s music intimidate me…ever. I’m not scared of other peoples music.

On to more light hearted things. Some of your EPs have a somewhat comedic element to their titles: ‘A Sexual Position’ and ‘Get Your Wadsworth’, for example. Any future ones you can reveal?

Yes. ALWAYS! I like to mess around constantly. Ask anyone.

Music journalists are a fickle and critical lot (I speak from experience), but it seems that you can do no wrong in their eyes. Every EP you’ve released over the past two years has earned rave reviews (excuse the pun). In order for the press to start accumulating sufficient superlatives, tell us what you’ve been working on in the studio and what you’ve got planned release wise over the coming months.

I have a new death metal band called Detroit Talk 24/7/365. No I have some EPs and some remixes. Some nice pieces I feel really good about and have me obviously progressing as an artist. I don’t know why people like my stuff, but I'm glad they do. I usually end up hating my shit by the time it's released, but lately I have been starting to appreciate it more. More than before anyhow. I slowed down my output to concentrate and develop myself into being more accurately expressive to other people. That is all I have to say really.

Can we expect a full-length soon?

Maybe. Maybe not. I would think that it would be a good guess to say I would. Ive started several different themes over the years. No one label will take all my stuff. It's impossible. So maybe I will start my own label and have it see my full-length. But, pretty girls will be getting my full-length before everyone else though.

How about collaborations?

Yeah maybe…it’s hard for me to do that. Some of my friends and I have tried for years to get going and it’s just…it’s over-rated I think a lot of times. Just like live sets. Collaborations and live sets need to be marked, unique, and special. So…maybe.

Finally, a recommendation for the Burlington readers, what’s your favourite track at the moment?

STORY 004 that I got handed to me in Berlin.

baax +

Times thanked
< 624

Quote:

Originally Posted by carramrod View Post

Two hour mix by KW, only available for stream unfortunately.

http://www.burlingtonproject.co.uk/player.aspx?id=1039

Got about 45mins into that over lunch, super tasty!!
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
I remember reading KW saying that he enjoyed dub techno which always matched my view that there was an influence in some of my favourite KW tracks.

Well, he has taken it to a new level with the slow burning, dubby monster "Crushed" on his most recent EP "Escape From 48201". I cannot recommend this track highly enough.

The rest of the EP is pretty solid with a remix of the said track by Tevo Howard and another original "You Called".

KW has another release out called "Genre Electric". It is another funky house number with the patented KW **** off kick drum.
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
KW is at it again
The latest KW release, the Lime & Pink EP, was released on One Records in late April 2011.

The youtube clip below is a sample of the two KW originals (1st and 3rd) and two remixes.

Media Player
ONE 008 Wadsworth, Burnski, jozif.m4v - YouTube

If you have taken the time to listen to a few of his releases, you will understand it when I say that Wadsworth doesn't defy genre classification as much as he t-bags it and then posts the photos on the internet.

I have been a KW devotee since early 2009 and sill consider him a house producer, however, if you think of the popular conception of the term hardly applies. It is the influence and use of dub techno, blues/jazz, gospel/soul and straight out deep house, often in the same track that I find fascinating.

The combinations look horrible on paper, which is probably due to my inaccurate descriptions, but work to add serious dance-floor appeal to music that otherwise wouldn’t have it or take the seriousness out of a moment byadding some of KW’s irreverent personality.

It is probably best if I let the music do the talking.

Deep aquatic / dub influenced goodness:

Media Player
YouTube

In don't even know to start with this one:

Media Player
Kris Wadsworth - Junky Lust - YouTube

Once the kick drum first hits think Shed's That Beats Everything, it then morphs into something reminiscent of an old Juan Atkins track and finishes as a combination of the two.

Media Player
Kris Wadsworth - It's Time - YouTube

This stunning deep house number may owe its quality to the awesome vocal of the original

Media Player
Aaron-Carl - Crucified ( Kris Wadsworth Remix ) [ 720p ] - YouTube

Most of my favourite originals and remixes have been removed from youtube.
My mixes:

Bruno Orso’s Sunrise Over Tocumwal, 28 January 2012
Track list

Orso's Sounds of the Tunnel Vol 1, December 2013

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 08-May-11 at 09:39pm

ratticus +

facebook.com/thepublicworksdepartment

Times thanked
< 1,465
I think that last video is one of my favourites now. Song's not bad either

Permanent clearance by: #1-01
theadrianclub +

Times thanked
< 39
They are phenomenal tits
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
http://blackmpls.com/blog/

In response to being screwed over by a label Wadsworth has released a track of his for download.

The page of the blog is worth a read.

The DL link is at the end of the article.

Edit: I should also mention that the DLs are limited to 200.
My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 24-Aug-11 at 04:01pm

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Below is another interview with KW:

http://www.louchemusic.com/interviews/kris-wadsworth/

Love him or hate him there is a refreshing honesty in the man's interviews.

Surprisingly, there is a podcast that goes with the interview. A big thank you has to go to the fine people louchemusic.com for delivery a KW DJ set.

Louche Podcast 053 ft Kris Wadsworth

Edit: the Wadsworth podcast is very, very good.
My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 25-Aug-11 at 07:46am

deep audio +

blah!

Times thanked
< 113
Man I fckn love that Aaron Carl remix....
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Amazing isn't it.

My mixes:

Track list

baax +

Times thanked
< 624

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruno from Burwood View Post

Love him or hate him there is a refreshing honesty in the man's interviews.

I love his way, he dosen't take it too seriously, his touring scenes bit in RA was a good read.

Cheers for the link Bruno, I look foward to having a listen.
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruno from Burwood View Post

Louche Podcast 053 ft Kris Wadsworth

Just in case you missed it, the Wadsworth podcast is a cracker.

Any fans of Levon Vincent, Anthony Parasol and the like should really enjoy it.
My mixes:

Track list

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
We've missed an amazing remix by Kris Wadswort as part of a Poussez EP.

Poussez - Discuits (Kris Wadsworth Destroyer mix)

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/discuits-ep/431715-01/

It seems as it is only awailable on wax for now.

The KW bomb on Get Physical It's Time is going to be released on vinyl on 26 September 2011.

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/it-s-time/434812-01/
My mixes:

Track list

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Check out this chooon

Media Player
My mixes:

Track list

baax +

Times thanked
< 624
Chunky stuff from KW.
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
I have no idea why I am on the lmailing lists of so many booking agencies but it does pay off.

Get Physical (booking agency) has signed Wadsworth. They've got him to do a mix which is available on soundcloud. I've checked out snippets to make sure that it isn't the Louche Podcast. It isn't.

Phat is probably an appropriate expression.

Some of that long overdue exposure looks like it is going to go KW's way.
My mixes:

Track list

baax +

Times thanked
< 624
Super house mix!
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Ahh, baaxy my boy. We are the only ones who seem to understand.

My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 03-Nov-11 at 09:29am

baax +

Times thanked
< 624
I've been buying and playing more house than anything lately so his groove hit's a chord with me.

I also like his warts and all take on recording mixes/podcasts, one take, mix up it with different sounds new and old.
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
emulator +

arrogant prick

Times thanked
< 131
I picked up 3 of his older records 2nd hand in Japan earlier in the year. Goodliness. ;-)
{strange signals}
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
I always enjoy seeing artists I follow, (without any previous connection) remixing, or working with, each other. Tevo Howard and now Sven Weisemann have touched up KW's work.

I noticed a while ago that Sven Weisemann was doing a remix of KW's Mainline. The Juno sample showed it to be surprisingly underwhelming and very un-Sven like. According to Hypercolour, Sven asked to remix it.

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/mainl...xes/439587-01/

Hypercolour has posted a sample through its youtube account...shit is now proper.

Media Player
Kris Wadsworth - Mainline (Sven Weisemann) - YouTube

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 15-Jan-12 at 10:11pm

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
An influences mix:

Kris Wadsworth - Trace a Line Podcast #051 - 25-06-2011

KW's Get Physical Radio set has been ripped and is available for D/L:

Kris Wadsworth @ Get Physical Radio, 09.11.2011

Track list:

02. Frankie Flowerz - It's Funk, It's House (Zumo's Warped Warehouse remix)
03. Kris Wadsworth - Lime & Pink
05. Rick Wade - Harsh Thoughts
06. Lopazz, Betoko, Zarook, Imagination - New Dimension (Maxi version)
08. Smith & Hall - Theme
09. DJ T - Try to Understand
11. David K - Yakiniku
13. Abe Duque & Blake Baxter - What Heppened? (Abe's Original Mix)\

http://www.filesonic.com/file/3239468394

http://www.wupload.com/file/2047538672

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 15-Jan-12 at 10:11pm

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
New Kris Wadsworth release Ex Grilfriends EP was supposedly released on 2 February 2012.

http://www.discogs.com/Kris-Wadswort...elease/3388334

I haven't listened to everything in its entirety yet but it is Wadsworth and it just does things to me.

A1. Machine Sympathy

B1. One Man Army

B2. Cliche

My mixes:

Track list

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
I've got another KW set.

Follow the link to:

M.A.N.D.Y. & Kris Wadsworth @ Beatport, Berlin, 15 February 2012.

http://www.mixesdb.com/w/2012-02-15_...atport,_Berlin

It is a video of the two spinning choones in the Beatport studio (proper sound quality).

I had a brief listen to parts of the M.A.N.D.Y. set while waiting for everything to load properly and it is alright (once upon a time I would have really liked it). Even if you couldn't see it on the video it is pretty clear that KW drops his first track at about the 69 minute mark - probably on purpose.

The refined, minimalistic euro sound quickly exits for the totally unhinged and raw classic-American house sound. It is a fucking great set from my man and helps provide further insight into what he'd sound like over the course of a few hours. We've heard the deeper vibes and a bit of jackin house. Here he bangs out the house and a few big old-NYC/dub-techy bombs before closing it out with some of his own tunes.

This is all I've got for a track list:

[100:30] Kris Wadsworth - Det Sound (KW's Move Dat Ass Remix) [Get Physical]
[106:40] Hatikvah - Love Bells (KW's Detroit Sleaze Mix) [Morris Audio]
[112:00] Jimmy Edgar - Hot Raw Sex (Kris Wadsworth Remix) [Studio !K7]

Any help would be much appreciated.

All I'd like now is to hear Wadsworth spin a set in the mindset he is in when he produces his brilliant dub-house/tech tracks like Deep Heat, That Groove and Discuits (KW remix).
My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 22-Mar-12 at 07:50am

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
New KW remix of Klartraum - Playfulness

My mixes:

Track list

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
The Self Enemy collab / Syncrophone release KW alluded to has materialised.

Self Enemy is Wadsworth and Professor Inc. (Frédéric Poix) who I've never heard of.

The EP is outstanding. I have to say that Field steals the show. There is this deep, dubby, DT GU Athens chord drifting through it that is just brilliant. Some nice percussive works helps to lift the intensity too. The other two tracks are not going to surprise followers of KW too much.

Self Enemy – Daytwa EP [Syncrophone 10]

http://www.discogs.com/Self-Enemy-Da...elease/3476136

My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 04-May-12 at 02:19pm

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
New banging mix from KW:

Get Physical Radio feat. Kris Wadsworth 25 April 2012

Track list:

01. ?
02. Sascha Dive - Samuel Davis Export 1
03. ?
04. Wadsworth - Lime & Pink [One Records]
05. Marcelus - Sulfuric [Deeply Rooted House]
06. Bleak - Ekko [Deeply Rooted House]
07. Mike Dehnert - Phase Response [Delsin]
08. Mark Broom, James Ruskin - Pigeon [Beard Man]
09. Maetrik - Crush On Me [Cocoon Recordings]
10. Smash TV - Made For Eachother [Get Physical Music]
11. Hatikvah - Love Bells (Kris Wadsworth Remix) [Morris Audio Citysport Edition]
12. Blake Baxter - Our Luv [Decks Classix]

Can be streamed from http://www.mixesdb.com/w/2012-04_-_K...Physical_Radio
My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 12-Jun-12 at 07:45am

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Kris Wadsworth 10 Years on Wax Fabric Promo Mix, January 2012

Track list:

[05:00] Etal - I Need Sleep [Anonymous Release 1] ?
[10:45] Kris Wadsworth - ID
[16:10] Kris Wadsworth - Det Sound [Morris / Audio (61) - Get Your Wadsworth EP]
[23:30] Kris Wadsworth - In Walked KW [Hypercolour (12) - Deport This EP]
[29:05] Kris Wadsworth - ID
[36:05] Kris Wadsworth - The Depths Of [Boe Recordings (5) - Dig EP]
[43:15] Kris Wadsworth - Sweatin' Cold [Morris / Audio (64) - The Electric Truth EP]
[49:45] Kris Wadsworth - Junky Lust [Morris / Audio (69) - A Sexual Position EP]
[56:20] Kris Wadsworth - You Called [NRK Sound Division (166) - Escape from 48021 EP]
[61:45] Kris Wadsworth - Lime & Pink [One Records ( 8 ) - Lime & Pink EP]

I don't know how this one fell through the cracks. It is all his own material released over the past 10 years starting from his first release and moving forward.

There is an interview that may or may not be worth reading at the link to the Fabric page from which it can be streamed.

http://www.fabriclondon.com/blog/vie...bric-promo-mix
My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 12-Jun-12 at 01:31pm

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Listen up Wadsworth, if you're going to be a ball bag and not play Deep Heat, That Groove, Trends or your remix of Crucified because they are not on vinyl then you'd better get proactive about their non-vinyl status.
My mixes:

Track list

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Here is a sample of Poussez - Discuits (KW Destroyer Remix) that I can embed. Clearly no one has listened to it yet.

My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 13-Jun-12 at 08:38pm

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
ARMA PODCAST 053: Kris Wadsworth @ Bordello, Mosow, 2012-09-22

My mixes:

Track list

sounds_echoed +

stasis is death. see you on the other side.

Times thanked
< 318
i read somewhere that he makes a reference to Club Mate in one of his new tracks...
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Debut Kris Wadsworth album Life and Death released on Get Physical on 30 November 2012.
My mixes:

Track list

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Lots of KW in the near future

http://www.defected.com/news-reviews...And+Death/2245

If you don't enjoy a good Wadsworth yarn the paragraph you need to read is below:

Quote:

What then does it owe to the future? After Life And Death, Wadsworth will release a second studio album on Hypercolour. The project, a mix of further original productions and new remix work for the label, will arrive early next year - “I really enjoyed putting this one together, the guys gave me free reign which meant I was able to cut loose and pump it dude....” - flanked, possibly, by one or two standalone EPs and, definitely, a new record label. Vinyl-only, Wadsworth’s nameless imprint (marked only by a symbol) will provide an exclusive channel for his own output.

My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 13-Nov-12 at 06:50am

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Life and Death is already available at Beatport.

It is totally out of control. I'm nowhere near digesting it but it will end 2012 in the top handful of albums.
My mixes:

Track list

Page 1 of 2

« Previous Thread Next Thread »