House, Techno and Progressive

FutureForm Music - New Australian Dance Music Label

Tools
FutureForm +

Times thanked
< 2
FutureForm Music - New Australian Dance Music Label
I thought it'd be fitting to kick off a new thread here to keep all things relevant to our label, FutureForm Music, in the one place. This thread will be used to post updates on forthcoming releases, DJ mixes, artist interviews and freebies/give-aways etc.

FutureForm Music is a newly established independent record label based in Brisbane/Sydney, focused on releasing forward thinking dance music -- not strictly pinned down to one specific genre, but cultivating the creation and release of productions which range in sound from progressive to techno and melodic tech house.

The 001 release on FFM features an original from John Graham aka. Quivver, titled 'The Fog', along with 2 superb remixes from Cid Inc. and DNYO.

This will be the first point of call for teasers of upcoming releases. Will have some snippets up on SoundCloud later this week.

Our label mission and ethos is below if you're interested in knowing more about the label:

"FutureForm Music delivers the finest cuts of forward thinking, inspiring and immersive dance music.

The label exists as a platform for established and upcoming artists to release cutting edge productions, with a focus on hypnotic, dance floor detonating music. An emphasis is placed on meticulously selecting and hand crafting music that delivers an exhilarating and memorable experience to the listener. Quality over quantity is the backbone of FutureForm’s music policy - outputting releases only when the productions are deemed to be of the highest caliber, ensuring longevity of the label.

FutureForm Music is one facet of the greater FutureForm Collective. The collective’s resources will be accessed to create a unique sensory experience for fans, much like the feel and depth of a tangible vinyl record. Beyond this FutureForm strives to provide its members with positive career opportunities through the cumulative energy of the collective, including artist development and mentoring, touring services, interviews and unique collaborative opportunities within a multi-disciplinary environment."
  • Attached Thumbnails

Click image for larger version

Name:	futureform-logo-final.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	35496  
FutureForm +

Times thanked
< 2
Release Preview
Audio previews are now up on SoundCloud for our first release! Listen to all 3 mixes including the original from Quivver, and remixes from Cid Inc and DNYO.

Release date is set for 10 April, with a 2 week exclusive on Beatport.

Hop onto our Facebook page to get all the latest news on future releases, mixes and artist interviews etc.
https://www.facebook.com/FutureFormMusic

Quivver - The Fog (Original Mix)

Quivver - The Fog (Cid Inc Remix)

Quivver - The Fog (DNYO's 2029 Remix)

Artwork below for the 001 is provided courtesy of our talented in-house graphic designer, Guy Hamilton.

richcur +

Peanuts

Times thanked
< 146
Might have something for you guys how do I submit it?
FutureForm +

Times thanked
< 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by richcur View Post

Might have something for you guys how do I submit it?

All demo submissions can be sent to our inbox at: demos (at) futureformcollective.com

We do listen to all demos that come through, and will provide feedback where possible!
FutureForm +

Times thanked
< 2
Quivver Interview
Leading up to our first release, we managed to get a hold of Quivver for an insightful interview. Check what John has to say about the state of the music industry, his preferred studio tools, and his first job as a coal miner.

Many thanks for taking the time out of what must be a hectic schedule, John.

It’s my pleasure!

Did you have any influences from family, friends or particular experiences while you were growing up that impacted on your musical preferences?

I had an older sister who was into all kinds of music and couple of my best mates had older brothers who were into the mod and ska scene so that all rubbed off on me when I was a kid but the original 'street sounds' electro records and early hip hop were my biggest musical influence growing up...

Have you gone through any formal music training in your younger years? And have your production and sound design skills all been self-taught or has anyone provided teachings along the way?

I had some piano lessons when I was young but I always enjoyed learning to play music by ear. The theory and all the practice involved with classical stuff was such a ball ache. I did learn all the basic scales etc. which was essential when I started producing years later and I definitely wish I’d stuck at the piano lessons for a few more years.
Production and sound design was a long learning process, a lot of trial and error - and there's always more to learn.

Where was the tipping point for you when you decided to axe the 9-5 and pursue music as a full time career?

I started going to raves and clubs in 1992, which really opened my eyes (and my mind) and changed my perspective on life in general. I gave up the only job I ever had (at a coal mine) after a year. I’d saved enough money to buy a sampler and a DAT machine and was determined to make music for a living - and managed to get away with it..

You’ve produced under a handful of monikers over the duration of your music career; many would say Quivver has the most distinct and identifiable sound. Do you have any particular methods or techniques that you implement to keep a consistent sound? And do you think the sound of your Quivver productions has evolved over time?

There aren't any techniques that I use specifically to keep a consistent sound. I’ve gone through different approaches to creating tracks, especially when everything switched from midi to audio and then again when I switched platforms from Cubase to Pro Tools. If there's some consistent sound that runs through my music it's just down to my own personal preferences and the way I think.

How do you approach a session in the studio when you have a blank canvas in front of you? Do you attempt to output your emotions and feelings for that moment? Are there preconceptions about what style or which alias you’ll be writing under?

With the Quivver stuff it will depend a lot on what music I’ve been listening to and what music I’ve been excited about at that time. Some weeks I’ll just hear a lot of great music and get inspired to get in the studio and create.

Writing songs is obviously a completely different process and much more personal and emotion driven. I’m always scribbling ideas and lines for songs. Maybe a few words I hear or read here and there or maybe just general stuff that interests me or pisses me off, stories about situations I’ve been in etc. I’ve got a few notebooks full of random stuff that I trawl through whenever I’m writing a new song...

The music industry has gone through immense change and restructuring over the past few decades. What’s your view on this and where do you anticipate it to go in the future?

Yeah it's been destroyed to a large extent. It’s sad that nobody wants to pay for music now so labels don't have money to invest in real artists, just a lot of pop artists that all sound the same, competing for the same audience of brainwashed kids.

At the same time it's so much easier for anyone to make 'music' with all the new programs and technology out there so there's this massive over saturation of tracks - that nobody wants to buy... it's a fucked up situation really. I know that sounds really negative and there is still a lot of good music out there but it'd be so much better without all the piracy..

Can you give us some insight into the setup of your main studio? Are there any pieces of kit that you could not live without and are there any new toys that you have your eye on?

I love the Virus Ti and I couldn't live without the Spectrasonics Atmosphere and Trilogy, the Waves and Native Instruments stuff and the McDSP plug-ins.

Asides from your ability to cook up mind blowing dancing floor gems, you’ve also been involved in writing and scoring for the film, TV and gaming industry. Was this something you had in mind from an early stage or was it something that just fell into place?

It’s something I always felt I’d be good at since I started making music but I never got the opportunity till I moved to LA 5 years ago. It’s definitely something I want to pursue more in the future.

You must really enjoy this aspect of sound design. Do you find it more challenging to write music for the big screen as opposed to writing for the club?

Yeah it's cool to create music and sounds to try to evoke specific reactions and emotions that you would never have to do with dance music.

Quivver is well overdue to play in Australia, with your last gig on our shores in 2011. You’re track, ‘The Fog’ which is forthcoming on FutureForm Music, has strong connections with your trademark Quivver sound, centered on a strong drum groove with rhythmic synth and vocal stabs, together with a supremely dark and hypnotic vibe. Is this what punters can expect from your DJ sets while you tour ‘down under’?

Yes I think so, the music that got me into the rave and club scene originally was dark, underground jungle and drum and bass. That sound influenced everything I made and played afterwards. I still love dark, drum heavy tracks with grooves you can nod your head to.

Last but not least, what advice can you give to aspiring producers out there who are determined to make it to a level where they can do music professionally?

That’s a tough one. I suppose try to be different and don't give up - and good luck!

All the best for 2013 John, we can’t wait to see what you have in store for your gigs in Australia later this year.

Quivver - ‘The Fog’ is set for release on 10 April, in two parts. The first part includes the Original Mix, along with remixes from Cid Inc, DNYO. The second part is a remixed EP from Kassey Voorn.

www.facebook.com/FutureFormMusic
www.soundcloud.com/FutureForm
www.futureformcollective.com
Twitter - @FutureFormMusic
FutureForm +

Times thanked
< 2
Beatport Release
Our first release, FFM001, is out now! It's been a long road to get to this point, but we're thrilled to see the release now publicly available.

Big thanks to all those involved and the support and positive vibes, this just makes us hungrier to deliver more high calibre music in the months to come!

http://www.beatport.com/release/the-fog/1065263
daveyjaye +

has got more flavour than a packet of macaroni

Times thanked
< 3,095
and a great release at that! nice work
Dave Juric Live Sets and Promo Mixes
Sep
13th - Darkbeat Local Sessions - New Guernica
27th - Balance Boat Party - Hernan Cattaneo

Oct
4th - Stacey Pullen - New Guernica

Quote:

Originally Posted by worla View Post

I saw a photo of someone making out with a duck.

Luke Warren +

Can't wait to lay down some news beatz on the weekend !

Times thanked
< 7
Very solid first release ! Well done
Luke Warren
Dj/Producer
Progressive / Tech / Deep House

Original releases and remixes coming up on Lowbit and Polytechnic Records
Beatport http://www.beatport.com/artist/luke-warren/219119
Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/luke-warren
FutureForm +

Times thanked
< 2
Cheers boys. Really pleased with the response so far! We're climbing up Beatport's top 50 prog releases, thanks to all those who supported!

Part 2 of this release will be out in May, it's a remixed EP by Kassey Voorn of 'The Fog', featuring an epic melodic 'Vintage Interpretation Mix' as well as a Techno Mix. Kassey's been one of our favourite producers over the past few years, check out his stuff if you haven't already.
J0rdz +

Tewnnnnz

Times thanked
< 1,267
Really enjoyed reading that interview with Quivver. And the first release is banging! Can't wait to hear what Voorn has in-store for #2!
| DJ | Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Substance |
FutureForm +

Times thanked
< 2
FutureForm Music 002
Today marks the second part of our first release on FutureForm Music. This time, Quivver's 'The Fog' receives special remix treatment from Kassey Voorn.

Kassey has provided 2 superb remixes, first up with his 'Vintage Interpretation' and on the flip side with a more stripped techno vibe'd remix.

Previews of the two remixes below:

Quivver - The Fog (Kassey Voorn Vintage Interpretation):

Quivver - The Fog (Kassey Voorn Vintage Remix):

Artwork on this release supplied by our in-house designer, Guy Hamilton:

Support list and link to the release on beatport coming later today!
// FutureForm Collective // Release previews, DJ mixes, artist interviews and loads of brain candy at http://www.facebook.com/FutureFormMusic
FutureForm +

Times thanked
< 2
The pack is out now exclusively on beatport for the next 2 weeks. If you're a fan of real vinyl-like and nostalgic prog then you're in for a treat with Kassey's super warm Vintage Interpretation. Not to downplay the crispness and stripped 'less is more' attitude of the other remix either

Grab these on beatport here - http://www.beatport.com/release/the-...emixes/1104185
// FutureForm Collective // Release previews, DJ mixes, artist interviews and loads of brain candy at http://www.facebook.com/FutureFormMusic
Darin Epsilon +

Times thanked
< 3
Congrats on the new label! Off to a great start.
FutureForm +

Times thanked
< 2
Leading up to our 003 release, we invited Tim Penner to take us on a walk-through of his remix of 'Red Ball of Dawn'. This week he turned in a really cool 'in the studio' video where he talks about selecting remix parts, manipulating them to produce new sounds that fit with his groove, and how he keeps the human element to his productions with jazzy hi-hats and percussive elements.

Peek into the mind of Tim in his Tygon Labs studio below, and keep an eye on this guy over the next couple years - he's def one to watch!

Media Player
Remix Tutorial: Verve & Adam Antine Red Ball w/ Tim Penner - YouTube

FFM003: Verve & Adam Antine - Red Ball of Dawn, is out 30 Sept along including the following mixes:

- Original
- Verve Dub Mix
- Tim Penner Remix
- FunkForm Remix
FutureForm +

Times thanked
< 2
FFM003 - Audio Previews
Our 003 release is out this Monday, 30/09, but in the mean time you can wrap your ears around previews of the four mixes on the forthcoming pack. There has to be something to satisfy your cravings for melodic prog in here!

Verve & Adam Antine - Red Ball of Dawn (Original Mix)

Verve & Adam Antine - Red Ball of Dawn (Verve Dub Mix)

Verve & Adam Antine - Red Ball of Dawn (Tim Penner Remix)

Verve & Adam Antine - Red Ball of Dawn (FunkForm Remix)
FutureForm +

Times thanked
< 2
FFM003 is out now! We'd love to know which mix is your favourite?

http://www.beatport.com/release/red-...f-dawn/1161639

FutureForm +

Times thanked
< 2
Previews are online for our next release FFM004:

Rich Curtis - Latitude End (Original Mix)

Rich Curtis - Latitude End (Andre Sobota Remix)

Rich Curtis - Latitude End (Noraj Cue Remix)

Rich Curtis - Latitude End (Verve Remix)
DANCINGDI +

Times thanked
< 425
^^^ Release date ??
Originally Posted by Blinky-Live-

BAHAHA, you sir - are a twit, have you ever met Di?

She celebrated the invention of the wheel by going clubbing
FutureForm +

Times thanked
< 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANCINGDI View Post

^^^ Release date ??

My bad! This release is out on beatport on 24 March.
FutureForm +

Times thanked
< 2
We're looking at doing an interview with Andre Sobota to gain some insight into his world of late. If anyone out there has any questions, comments or the like for Andre, feel free to shout out and we'll try get them answered! Cheers
FutureForm +

Times thanked
< 2
FFM006 Release
FFM006 is set for release on the 14/07/14. Previews can be copped below. If you're a fan of the melodic prog and prog-techno sound, I suggested you take a listen Included in this pack is Verve, Fefo, Soulwerk and Progress Inn.

=================================

Returning for a sixth outing after recent successes, FutureForm provides yet another slice of sublime dance ecstasy as “Montania” reaches skywards with Fefo & Verve.

Fefo & Verve’s “Montania” creates a deep, bouncing jewel that exudes rhythmic quality in immaculate groove-laden joy. A cadenced anchor ensures bass and percussion dance effortlessly against a distinctive melodic motif that swims across the stereo spectrum in bouncing synchronicity, broken by a searing lead line at mid-point. A collaboration of technical skill, “Montania” is a work of class and beauty.

Making his debut for FutureForm, the Soulwerk remix of “Montania” is a delicious blend of hypnotic house beats and clever play on the themes of Fefo and Verve’s original, as a bass line gradually filters and pitches to mesmerising effect before falling away to build once more. A journey of wondrous exploration over the course of nine minutes, Soulwerk’s rework is certain to have dance floors jumping in rhythmic unison.

Final contributor sees a duo from the former Yugoslavia, combine together under the Progress Inn production moniker. Taking on Fefo & Verve, Progress Inn provide a sublime melodic reworking of “Montania”. Themes from the original are splendidly redolent in shimmering glory as energy and dynamism is supplied, courtesy of driving hats and percussive shakers, to impressive effect.

With remixes from Soulwerk and Progress Inn, Fefo & Verve have certainly reached the summit with “Montania”.

FutureForm +

Times thanked
< 2
Our sixth release is out now! Check out the pack on beatport, and a review courtesy of Mitch Alexander (microCastle) below.

http://www.beatport.com/release/montania/1336347

The sixth release on Verve and Herc KassFutureForm Music finds one of label bosses back in the spotlight with an exciting collaboration. It’s been a great year for Verve; aside from supplying a wicked remix for Rich Curtis’ ‘Latitude End’ the Aussie producer has been a top contributor to both Proton Music and Particles. For FutureForm’s latest we see Verve teaming up with Fefo for their first ever studio collaboration entitled ‘Montania’.

Fefo is a long time fave of the incredibly rich Argentinean electronic music underground. He’s never been an artist that over produces which in today’s landscape of short attention spans is a welcome trait. Sudbeat and Renaissance appear in his discography and his debut for FutureForm has turned out amazingly well. ‘Montania’ in an intelligent progressive house lovers wet dream. It’s crunchy rhythms, cinematic interlude and undeniable groove meld together for a sonically charged masterpiece that’s one of the finest joint productions of the year.

The first remix is supplied by Soulwerk who is making his first appearance on FutureForm. The Spanish producer has kept the quality of his production output incredibly high this year with several appearances on Proton Music as well as Luis Junior’s Mooseekaa. Soulwerk’s futuristic blend of progressive house and techno seems tailor made for ‘Montania’. The Spanish producer has completely reworked the rhythmic foundations of the track into a mind bending elastic like affair. The surging walls of twisted noise and beautiful sheets of gated harmonics highlight a massive conclusion which goes down as the largest on the release. Expect a big reaction from this one.

The second and final remix is supplied by Progress Inn who are also making their debut on FutureForm. Janko Dragovic and Igor Kadic make up the Progress Inn production duo and hail from former Yugoslavia but now reside in Perth, Australia. I still go back and listen to the laser-like, dubby vibes of their ‘Currents EP’ which was one of 2013′s best underground releases (courtesy of 3rd Avenue). Their remix of ‘Montania’ takes a more straight forward approach with a powerful almost galloping style groove that’s full of dance floor appeal. What Progress Inn always do so well is remoulding big elements into glacial-like sheets of hypnotic rhythm and that’s exactly what they’ve done here once again. The dubby nature is a welcome complement to the stylistically bigger mixes previous to it and it’s also earned considerable DJ support as it sits atop our overall Hype Chart. The whole package is sensational and re-affirms FutureForm’s commitment to releasing quality electronic music. They’re building something special here and at just six releases in you wonder where they’ll be in another year.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »