House, Techno and Progressive

Marcel Dettman. Album and Tour

Reply
Page 1 of 3
  Tools
danjuan +

Registered User

danjuan's Avatar
Joined
Nov '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 67
Thanked 94 Times in 59 Posts
Posts
2,844
Marcel Dettman. Album and Tour
Just heard news that Marcel debut album will be released on April 26 on Ostgut Ton. Looking forward to hearing it.

He's finally confirmed dates in OZ as part of the worldwide tour promoting the album. Australian dates are

Fri Sept 17. Perth
Sat Sept 18. Sydney
Sun Sept 19. Melbourne

Stay tuned to www.likesofyou.com.au for more info.

wearenovel.com.au
facebook.com/weareNovel
facebook.com/letthemeatcakenyd
facebook.com/summerseries
facebook.com/strangerthantechno
carramrod +

Registered User

carramrod's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Posts
3,564
Very nice work
JazzyJimmyJ +

Registered User

JazzyJimmyJ's Avatar
Joined
Dec '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 38 Times in 29 Posts
Posts
2,370
Awesome.

Shame about the Sunday though.

But fuck yeah!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Pham

I'd pay $100 just to see Move D cook some spring rolls.

chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

chimby's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 256
Thanked 212 Times in 166 Posts
Posts
13,584
Please not let it be a Revolver gig. Dettman needs a better club with a bigger system than Revolver.

Are Klock and Shed still coming with him?
cmontyc +

Registered User

Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 6
Thanked 129 Times in 97 Posts
Posts
2,166
it sounds and smells like a revolver gig, hopefully not
nonamaka +

Registered User

nonamaka's Avatar
Joined
Mar '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
73
There..
JazzyJimmyJ +

Registered User

JazzyJimmyJ's Avatar
Joined
Dec '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 38 Times in 29 Posts
Posts
2,370
just great news regardless of where.

its too far away to worry about what venue and stuff....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Pham

I'd pay $100 just to see Move D cook some spring rolls.

Chach +

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Chach's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 146
Thanked 171 Times in 70 Posts
Posts
7,212

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimby

Please not let it be a Revolver gig. Dettman needs a better club with a bigger system than Revolver.

Are Klock and Shed still coming with him?


You don't want much do you.
What we were they are now, what we are now they will be

Coming up for The Likes of You

Derrick May April
Ben Sims
deep audio +

blah!

deep audio's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 20
Thanked 113 Times in 101 Posts
Posts
3,297
not revs please!
benkanemill +

Bitch

benkanemill's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 4
Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Posts
1,426
looking forward to the album!!!!! This man might be to old to party on a school night. lol
Soundcloud
jootsiejuice +

I'm a cowboy...

jootsiejuice's Avatar
Joined
Dec '01
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 4
Thanked 169 Times in 105 Posts
Posts
9,303
So a revolver gig with no local techno support for a dude who deserves not only a rocking sound system but the best techno support on offer... I'll fly to Berlin and see him thanks.
JazzyJimmyJ +

Registered User

JazzyJimmyJ's Avatar
Joined
Dec '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 38 Times in 29 Posts
Posts
2,370
its 7 months away guys.

maybe they'll do the right thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Pham

I'd pay $100 just to see Move D cook some spring rolls.

Noticeably F A T +

Heavy heavy fuel

Noticeably F A T's Avatar
Joined
Feb '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
4,524

Quote:

Originally Posted by jootsiejuice

So a revolver gig with no local techno support for a dude who deserves not only a rocking sound system but the best techno support on offer... I'll fly to Berlin and see him thanks.

Come to Perth!!!

Quote:

This decade hasnt been as wild, exciting or as decadent as the 90s...Instead weve seen rampant commercialism musically fed to a comfortably numb, dumbed down live-in-the-moment society...In many ways we've witnessed the fun of the 90s being replaced by the anger of this decade.

Danny Rampling.
carramrod +

Registered User

carramrod's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Posts
3,564
Not brown nosing but the guy I want warming up for this is the same guy that recently puttogether a nice set for the Melbourne Deepcast.

Perfect Dettman warmup set (assuming Dettman doesn't play more than 3 hours).

Like Jim said it is a long way away.
Chach +

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Chach's Avatar
Joined
Nov '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 146
Thanked 171 Times in 70 Posts
Posts
7,212

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noticeably F A T

Come to Perth!!!


Warm ups are not so much of a problem for us, as he will playing most of the night
jootsiejuice +

I'm a cowboy...

jootsiejuice's Avatar
Joined
Dec '01
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 4
Thanked 169 Times in 105 Posts
Posts
9,303
I'm actually thinking I might fly up to Sydney for this one... Yeah
jootsiejuice +

I'm a cowboy...

jootsiejuice's Avatar
Joined
Dec '01
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 4
Thanked 169 Times in 105 Posts
Posts
9,303

Quote:

Originally Posted by carramrod

Not brown nosing but the guy I want warming up for this is the same guy that recently puttogether a nice set for the Melbourne Deepcast.

Perfect Dettman warmup set (assuming Dettman doesn't play more than 3 hours).

Like Jim said it is a long way away.

well as much as I'd love that, I wasn't even thinking of that outcome when I posted, I just care about good techno.

But thankyou c-rod, chuffed to be thought of.
chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

chimby's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 256
Thanked 212 Times in 166 Posts
Posts
13,584

Quote:

Originally Posted by jootsiejuice

I'm actually thinking I might fly up to Sydney for this one... Yeah

If it's a stock standard Sunday Revolver gig I'm flying to another state too by the sounds of it.
deep audio +

blah!

deep audio's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 20
Thanked 113 Times in 101 Posts
Posts
3,297

Quote:

Originally Posted by danjuan

Just heard news that Marcel debut album will be released on April 26 on Ostgut Ton. Looking forward to hearing it.

He's finally confirmed dates in OZ as part of the worldwide tour promoting the album. Australian dates are

Fri Sept 17. Perth
Sat Sept 18. Sydney
Sun Sept 19. Melbourne

Stay tuned to www.likesofyou.com.au for more info.


Seriously on a Sunday night....... man wtf..?????????
danjuan +

Registered User

danjuan's Avatar
Joined
Nov '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 67
Thanked 94 Times in 59 Posts
Posts
2,844

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep audio

Seriously on a Sunday night....... man wtf..?????????

Marcel is one of the toughest acts to secure dates for that ive ever toured (and ive toured a lot). He is now booked out for all of 2010..so we had one weekend to choose from.

To make it financially viable we had to do 3 shows and this is was the only way we could make it work...believe me we tried to get a Saturday.

wearenovel.com.au
facebook.com/weareNovel
facebook.com/letthemeatcakenyd
facebook.com/summerseries
facebook.com/strangerthantechno
danjuan +

Registered User

danjuan's Avatar
Joined
Nov '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 67
Thanked 94 Times in 59 Posts
Posts
2,844
Its 8 months away. Book in a day off and come enjoy!

wearenovel.com.au
facebook.com/weareNovel
facebook.com/letthemeatcakenyd
facebook.com/summerseries
facebook.com/strangerthantechno
chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

chimby's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 256
Thanked 212 Times in 166 Posts
Posts
13,584

Quote:

Originally Posted by danjuan

Its 8 months away. Book in a flight and see Dettmann in a decent club!

Fixed.
danjuan +

Registered User

danjuan's Avatar
Joined
Nov '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 67
Thanked 94 Times in 59 Posts
Posts
2,844

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimby

Fixed.

HAHA. Suppose your free to check him out wherever you choose.

Am happy we can finally get him here.

wearenovel.com.au
facebook.com/weareNovel
facebook.com/letthemeatcakenyd
facebook.com/summerseries
facebook.com/strangerthantechno
chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

chimby's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 256
Thanked 212 Times in 166 Posts
Posts
13,584
I'll probably see him in Melbourne and go to Sydney or Perth actually. I've never done an interstate club trip so this'll be a good show to do it for.
danjuan +

Registered User

danjuan's Avatar
Joined
Nov '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 67
Thanked 94 Times in 59 Posts
Posts
2,844

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimby

I'll probably see him in Melbourne and go to Sydney or Perth actually. I've never done an interstate club trip so this'll be a good show to do it for.

the double header! nice.

wearenovel.com.au
facebook.com/weareNovel
facebook.com/letthemeatcakenyd
facebook.com/summerseries
facebook.com/strangerthantechno
deep audio +

blah!

deep audio's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 20
Thanked 113 Times in 101 Posts
Posts
3,297

Quote:

Originally Posted by danjuan

Its 8 months away. Book in a day off and come enjoy!

ok Dan ill take the day off if you promise it wont be at revolver...
Noticeably F A T +

Heavy heavy fuel

Noticeably F A T's Avatar
Joined
Feb '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
4,524

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chach

Warm ups are not so much of a problem for us, as he will playing most of the night

Ooh, me rikey the sound of that.

Looks like I've misread the statement, as I thought it was a commentary about the venue as much as the local support. I'm not sure what Geisha and Ambar are like when compared to Revs but the important thing is that a great atmosphere is assured.

Quote:

This decade hasnt been as wild, exciting or as decadent as the 90s...Instead weve seen rampant commercialism musically fed to a comfortably numb, dumbed down live-in-the-moment society...In many ways we've witnessed the fun of the 90s being replaced by the anger of this decade.

Danny Rampling.
chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

chimby's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 256
Thanked 212 Times in 166 Posts
Posts
13,584
As long as the sound is decent and the crowd is decent it's not hard to beat Revolver.
ladyinred +

See you Space Samurai...

ladyinred's Avatar
Joined
Mar '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,967
Thanked 3,169 Times in 1,449 Posts
Posts
18,899
And Melbourne shafted for the Sunday show since Sydney and Perth could possibly not pull enough people in on a Sunday??

I can understand the dilemma of having to schedule someone that's difficult to book *sigh* I think i'll just let this one pass me by.
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

primalstatik's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2,381
Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,288 Posts
Posts
8,335

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chach

You don't want much do you.

Well it was mentioned by either danjuan or stable a few months ago that all three were coming so it isn't asking much.

Still awesome that Marcel is coming here, but yeah if it is a Sunday Revs gig, I may have to make the trek to Sydney also.

OnL - Groove Salad
New Feb 2016 mix. Bit of olive oil, a pinch of salt and plenty of groove.
ABitPatchy +

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ABitPatchy's Avatar
Joined
Aug '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2,831
Thanked 3,550 Times in 1,587 Posts
Posts
6,680
Lol @ Revolver.

Marcel is going to walk in, hear the shithouse sound and see those gay couches taking up the dancefloor and leave.

You watch.
chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

chimby's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 256
Thanked 212 Times in 166 Posts
Posts
13,584
Can we try and get some of the couches removed from what should be the dancefloor for this Dan?
jootsiejuice +

I'm a cowboy...

jootsiejuice's Avatar
Joined
Dec '01
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 4
Thanked 169 Times in 105 Posts
Posts
9,303
No Offence to Boogs either, but when Dettman hears the music he has to mix out of, he might stab ****s.
AS001

AS002
chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

chimby's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 256
Thanked 212 Times in 166 Posts
Posts
13,584
It's going to make a huge difference to the vibe on the night if warm up duties are not done correctly.
daysofourlives +

Registered User

daysofourlives's Avatar
Joined
Jul '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 34
Thanked 258 Times in 165 Posts
Posts
2,272
It hasn't even been said that it willbe at Revolver. Chill out y'all.
danjuan +

Registered User

danjuan's Avatar
Joined
Nov '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 67
Thanked 94 Times in 59 Posts
Posts
2,844

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABitPatchy

Lol @ Revolver.

Marcel is going to walk in, hear the shithouse sound and see those gay couches taking up the dancefloor and leave.

You watch.

Some people may not enjoy it but dont speak from an artists perspective. As you are way off the mark. we have internationals specifically requesting to play at Revolver and those who have all say its the best show of the tour..

wearenovel.com.au
facebook.com/weareNovel
facebook.com/letthemeatcakenyd
facebook.com/summerseries
facebook.com/strangerthantechno
carramrod +

Registered User

carramrod's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Posts
3,564

Quote:

Originally Posted by jootsiejuice

No Offence to Boogs either, but when Dettman hears the music he has to mix out of, he might stab ****s.


Melbourne seems to have that effect on people
JAZZPAYBACK +

Registered User

JAZZPAYBACK's Avatar
Joined
Nov '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 11
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Posts
1,937

Quote:

Originally Posted by danjuan

Some people may not enjoy it but dont speak from an artists perspective. As you are way off the mark. we have internationals specifically requesting to play at Revolver and those who have all say its the best show of the tour..


I agree that one should not speak from an artist's perspective...

but Dettmann, Berghain and Ostgut Ton are all part of a sound designed and performed in a cavernous space with a quadraphonic Funktion One sound system.

Surely the fans who want to see, hear and be part of that sound in Australia deserve an attempt at creating an atmosphere suited for it's unique nature? I'm not sure it's way off the mark.

People adore this sound. It has a cult like status for many. Revolver is a great space for certain artists/djs and perhaps as an after party for this kind of artist. But the music this guy produces and plays will be lost presuming he plays on a sound system that the aforementioned club offers.

Just a thought... it's great that he's coming... but it would be a real shame if he gets thrown into the same basket as all these other computer music/mp3/"techno" acts that are getting toured.

▲MAR1 Kana / Brisbane ▲FEB8 Revolver / Melbourne ▲FEB2 LooseKaboose / Sydney ▲NOV24 w/ DJ Koze / Berlin ▲NOV9 Berns / Stockholm ▲AUG31 Tresor, Berlin
jootsiejuice +

I'm a cowboy...

jootsiejuice's Avatar
Joined
Dec '01
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 4
Thanked 169 Times in 105 Posts
Posts
9,303

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAZZPAYBACK

I agree that one should not speak from an artist's perspective...

but Dettmann, Berghain and Ostgut Ton are all part of a sound designed and performed in a cavernous space with a quadraphonic Funktion One sound system.

Surely the fans who want to see, hear and be part of that sound in Australia deserve an attempt at creating an atmosphere suited for it's unique nature? I'm not sure it's way off the mark.

People adore this sound. It has a cult like status for many. Revolver is a great space for certain artists/djs and perhaps as an after party for this kind of artist. But the music this guy produces and plays will be lost presuming he plays on a sound system that the aforementioned club offers.

Just a thought... it's great that he's coming... but it would be a real shame if he gets thrown into the same basket as all these other computer music/mp3/"techno" acts that are getting toured.

Applause
AS001

AS002
danjuan +

Registered User

danjuan's Avatar
Joined
Nov '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 67
Thanked 94 Times in 59 Posts
Posts
2,844

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAZZPAYBACK

I agree that one should not speak from an artist's perspective...

but Dettmann, Berghain and Ostgut Ton are all part of a sound designed and performed in a cavernous space with a quadraphonic Funktion One sound system.

Surely the fans who want to see, hear and be part of that sound in Australia deserve an attempt at creating an atmosphere suited for it's unique nature? I'm not sure it's way off the mark.

People adore this sound. It has a cult like status for many. Revolver is a great space for certain artists/djs and perhaps as an after party for this kind of artist. But the music this guy produces and plays will be lost presuming he plays on a sound system that the aforementioned club offers.

Just a thought... it's great that he's coming... but it would be a real shame if he gets thrown into the same basket as all these other computer music/mp3/"techno" acts that are getting toured.

All valid points.

We are touring Marcel Dettman, not Berghain or Ostgut Ton.

Marcel plays in clubs throughout the world that are not Berghain and am sure the clubbers who see him are satisfied with the experience. If you want to hear Marcel in cavernous space with a quadraphonic Funktion One sound system, then head to Berghain.

We would never try and replicate such an institution as Berghain or seeing Marcel in Berghain. We will though do our best to bring quality artists to Australia and give them and the punters the best show possible. On some occasions, doing that means having the show on a Sunday and at Revolver. Given the alternative of not seeing the artist in OZ at all, i know what i prefer...

wearenovel.com.au
facebook.com/weareNovel
facebook.com/letthemeatcakenyd
facebook.com/summerseries
facebook.com/strangerthantechno
jootsiejuice +

I'm a cowboy...

jootsiejuice's Avatar
Joined
Dec '01
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 4
Thanked 169 Times in 105 Posts
Posts
9,303

Quote:

Originally Posted by danjuan

All valid points.

We are touring Marcel Dettman, not Berghain or Ostgut Ton.

Marcel plays in clubs throughout the world that are not Berghain and am sure the clubbers who see him are satisfied with the experience. If you want to hear Marcel in cavernous space with a quadraphonic Funktion One sound system, then head to Berghain.

We would never try and replicate such an institution as Berghain or seeing Marcel in Berghain. We will though do our best to bring quality artists to Australia and give them and the punters the best show possible. On some occasions, doing that means having the show on a Sunday and at Revolver. Given the alternative of not seeing the artist in OZ at all, i know what i prefer...

Right, so Boogs, Spacey and T-Rek with Marcel Dettman on a Sunday at Revolver.

Edit: Can you not see how wrong that is? Obviously not... such a shame to waste a quality act in this way...
AS001

AS002

Last edited by jootsiejuice: 05-Feb-10 at 06:57pm

JAZZPAYBACK +

Registered User

JAZZPAYBACK's Avatar
Joined
Nov '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 11
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Posts
1,937

Quote:

Originally Posted by danjuan

All valid points.

We are touring Marcel Dettman, not Berghain or Ostgut Ton.

Marcel plays in clubs throughout the world that are not Berghain and am sure the clubbers who see him are satisfied with the experience. If you want to hear Marcel in cavernous space with a quadraphonic Funktion One sound system, then head to Berghain.

We would never try and replicate such an institution as Berghain or seeing Marcel in Berghain. We will though do our best to bring quality artists to Australia and give them and the punters the best show possible. On some occasions, doing that means having the show on a Sunday and at Revolver. Given the alternative of not seeing the artist in OZ at all, i know what i prefer...

that wasn't my point... just commenting on the thoughtfulness and appropriate representation of an artist that is known BECAUSE of that club and label. There are several places in Melbourne with sound systems and spaces more suited.

I'm not really into techno tourism and ticking off names. I'm into quality in an appropriate setting. Marcel Dettmann is definitely quality.

It's a shame , generally speaking, that because Melbourne is the only city capable of putting on a Sunday evening show that it has to compromise on such a scale.

▲MAR1 Kana / Brisbane ▲FEB8 Revolver / Melbourne ▲FEB2 LooseKaboose / Sydney ▲NOV24 w/ DJ Koze / Berlin ▲NOV9 Berns / Stockholm ▲AUG31 Tresor, Berlin
chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

chimby's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 256
Thanked 212 Times in 166 Posts
Posts
13,584

Quote:

Originally Posted by jootsiejuice

Applause

x2.

I want to hear Marcel shake the nails and screws out of the walls.

At least some extra stacks at Revolver to complement his sound isn't asking much. Include it in the ticket price, it's clearly worth paying for.
danjuan +

Registered User

danjuan's Avatar
Joined
Nov '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 67
Thanked 94 Times in 59 Posts
Posts
2,844

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAZZPAYBACK

It's a shame , generally speaking, that because Melbourne is the only city capable of putting on a Sunday evening show that it has to compromise on such a scale.

it would be a bigger shame if we missed out all together.

be grateful for the amount of quality artists we do get even if the setting is not exactly to every techno purists standards.

wearenovel.com.au
facebook.com/weareNovel
facebook.com/letthemeatcakenyd
facebook.com/summerseries
facebook.com/strangerthantechno
jootsiejuice +

I'm a cowboy...

jootsiejuice's Avatar
Joined
Dec '01
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 4
Thanked 169 Times in 105 Posts
Posts
9,303

Quote:

Originally Posted by danjuan

it would be a bigger shame if we missed out all together.

In a way, we do.

But I'll still go....
AS001

AS002

Last edited by jootsiejuice: 06-Feb-10 at 08:17am

JAZZPAYBACK +

Registered User

JAZZPAYBACK's Avatar
Joined
Nov '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 11
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Posts
1,937

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiggus85

Don't you play music from a computer jazzpayback?

perhaps I should have articulated further

mp3/computer music preset vst no prior knowledge of sound no feel no depth blip blip bloo blah

▲MAR1 Kana / Brisbane ▲FEB8 Revolver / Melbourne ▲FEB2 LooseKaboose / Sydney ▲NOV24 w/ DJ Koze / Berlin ▲NOV9 Berns / Stockholm ▲AUG31 Tresor, Berlin
JAZZPAYBACK +

Registered User

JAZZPAYBACK's Avatar
Joined
Nov '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 11
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Posts
1,937

Quote:

Originally Posted by danjuan

it would be a bigger shame if we missed out all together.

be grateful for the amount of quality artists we do get even if the setting is not exactly to every techno purists standards.

The fact that you used the word "grateful" is scary. I have been happy to debate in a civil fashion... but "grateful"? Wow! I feel for the poor kid who should feel grateful.

Marcel Dettmann is a so called "purist". One might be tempted to say the success of his career has been built on that. One might well wonder what kind of fan base he has in light of that. I've been lucky, not grateful, to see him play a few times in Europe already.

There's no argument here really. Just puzzled at some of the decision making and it's consequences.

Looking forward to the show.

▲MAR1 Kana / Brisbane ▲FEB8 Revolver / Melbourne ▲FEB2 LooseKaboose / Sydney ▲NOV24 w/ DJ Koze / Berlin ▲NOV9 Berns / Stockholm ▲AUG31 Tresor, Berlin
danjuan +

Registered User

danjuan's Avatar
Joined
Nov '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 67
Thanked 94 Times in 59 Posts
Posts
2,844

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAZZPAYBACK

The fact that you used the word "grateful" is scary. I have been happy to debate in a civil fashion... but "grateful"? Wow! I feel for the poor kid who should feel grateful.

Marcel Dettmann is a so called "purist". One might be tempted to say the success of his career has been built on that. One might well wonder what kind of fan base he has in light of that. I've been lucky, not grateful, to see him play a few times in Europe already.

There's no argument here really. Just puzzled at some of the decision making and it's consequences.

Looking forward to the show.

what can we be, if not grateful for the amount of quality acts that we witness in Melbourne? Jaded, skeptical, cynical?

Personally, im "grateful" for every single artist that comes to Melbourne.

Im bemused at the response of for some people at the news Marcel Dettman is coming to Australia. Absolutely bemused.

wearenovel.com.au
facebook.com/weareNovel
facebook.com/letthemeatcakenyd
facebook.com/summerseries
facebook.com/strangerthantechno
deep audio +

blah!

deep audio's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 20
Thanked 113 Times in 101 Posts
Posts
3,297

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiggus85

Don't you play music from a computer jazzpayback?

last time i checked he played LIVE
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Chris Disco's Avatar
Joined
Aug '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 112 Times in 79 Posts
Posts
3,414
i dont quite get the logic here...

fair enough that he has to play in melbourne on a sunday. not ideal, but i can understand why that has to happen to make the tour viable. but why does that it mean that it has to be revolver? i mean, is that the only venue you can put on a party on a sunday?

what i dont get is why this isnt being turned into an opportunity to do something really different and cool - put on a sunday evening/night party, and get dettmann to play 9pm-1am or 2am or something like that, the dude knows how to play long sets in different environments and at different times. and why not find an appropriate venue for it and bring in a good funktion one rig?

i just dont get why it must be revolver if it is a sunday gig. if was as difficult to get him out here as is being suggested, why not go the extra yard and really make a proper event out of it?
http://mnmlssg.blogspot.com/
Page 1 of 3
Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts