Sport and Fitness

Anyone else feel sick after creatine?

Tools
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
< 4,510
Anyone else feel sick after creatine?
So I started taking creatine a few months ago and pretty much every time I take it it makes me feel really sick in the stomach, I'm assuming it's just due to the bubble.

Anyone else experienced this? Ways to counter it?
rayjay +

freebird

Times thanked
< 0
Don't take it. If you're feeling sick afterwards, your body probably isn't happy.
****ing up laundry threads since '05
VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,794
Creatine is nasty shit... Throw a spoon of sugar in as well, maybe some raspberry cordial if it makes it easier to stomach...
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 14,970
Try mixing it in to warm grape juice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

hatzornotahat +

Field Marshal

Times thanked
< 27
What about those protein bars with creatine? Are they any good?
Vae, puto deus fio!
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 14,970
If by good you mean 'really expensive' possibly.

Quote:

hatzornotahat +

Field Marshal

Times thanked
< 27

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie

If by good you mean 'really expensive' possibly.

Yeah they certainly are but they probably won't make you sick.
Vae, puto deus fio!
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
< 4,510
I'll try add some extra flavours next time I take it. I have stopped because it makes me feel crappy. But I have never actually thrown up after it/ whilst working out on it.
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 14,970
it mixes much better in warm liquid (not boiling mind you) warm grape juice ftw.

Quote:

DMPM +

Ursidae Magnus

Times thanked
< 230

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpy

So I started taking creatine a few months ago and pretty much every time I take it it makes me feel really sick in the stomach, I'm assuming it's just due to the bubble.

Anyone else experienced this? Ways to counter it?

I've had digestion issues with creatine monohydrate before.

Try creatine ethyl ester (CEE). It tastes like battery acid, but it's water soluble, so you don't need to load - you just take a dose before training and it doesn't seem to cause any digestion problems.

I swear by it, it works great.
Dollar. Dollar. Bills. Y'all.
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
< 5,467
Something is definitely wrong there, how much are you taking and how often?

Creatine is tasteless and dissolves really easily in any liquid so you shouldn't even feel it at all.

What I do is take 5mg every day for about 2-3 weeks once I get back into training then stop completely. Basically just to kick start my body back into the gym, then stop taking it and only take protein.
Tobi +

Puck Bunny

Times thanked
< 2,231
What does Creatine do?
Teknikall +

Times thanked
< 431

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobi

What does Creatine do?

Makes you feel sick apparently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict

Rename thread to 'Jrod asks stupid questions, receives good answers, ignores advise'.

Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,467

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobi

What does Creatine do?

Basically it supplies energy to the muscles and is a critical component in the production of ATP in the cells (usually under high stress). Think of it as a form of catalyst in the muscles. You need it for muscles to function properly.

Most of it is produced in the body, usually from red meat so it's not critical to take supplements, but the theory is that if you overload the muscles with it you effectively make sure that it is always available.

One of the major side effects is water retention where your cells take on and store more water that usual, however this is actually a great benefit during recovery. If you take creatine for a few weeks, you will notice quicker recovery times and a clear increase in energy in many cases. When I took it for a month, I practically stopped drinking coffee during work hours because I always had so much more energy.

Now, ideally you want to take it as a kick start for exercise and then stop after 3-4 weeks. Bodybuilders take it regularly as it allows them to work harder and longer with less recovery time but even they take a few weeks off every 6-8 weeks.
One of the leading theories is that it can cause kidney damage due to the increase in water uptake but this has never been proven. You get all these catastrophic horror stories on the internet but they are what one would call "outliers". Just because someone has a bad reaction doesn't mean the general population will.

It's a natural product in the body (which most people aren't aware of) so it has a negative stigma like it's a steroid. It's not, but still be careful about taking it.
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,467

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMPM

Try creatine ethyl ester (CEE). It tastes like battery acid, but it's water soluble, so you don't need to load - you just take a dose before training and it doesn't seem to cause any digestion problems.

Take it right after training, not before. Your body will utilise it better.
Tobi +

Puck Bunny

Times thanked
< 2,231

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledz

Basically it supplies energy to the muscles and is a critical component in the production of ATP in the cells (usually under high stress). Think of it as a form of catalyst in the muscles. You need it for muscles to function properly.

Most of it is produced in the body, usually from red meat so it's not critical to take supplements, but the theory is that if you overload the muscles with it you effectively make sure that it is always available.

One of the major side effects is water retention where your cells take on and store more water that usual, however this is actually a great benefit during recovery. If you take creatine for a few weeks, you will notice quicker recovery times and a clear increase in energy in many cases. When I took it for a month, I practically stopped drinking coffee during work hours because I always had so much more energy.

Now, ideally you want to take it as a kick start for exercise and then stop after 3-4 weeks. Bodybuilders take it regularly as it allows them to work harder and longer with less recovery time but even they take a few weeks off every 6-8 weeks.
One of the leading theories is that it can cause kidney damage due to the increase in water uptake but this has never been proven. You get all these catastrophic horror stories on the internet but they are what one would call "outliers". Just because someone has a bad reaction doesn't mean the general population will.

It's a natural product in the body (which most people aren't aware of) so it has a negative stigma like it's a steroid. It's not, but still be careful about taking it.

Ta.

So for someone like me, being a girl doing weights and cardio would I find a benefit or is it more for people doing lots of weights?
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,467
Are you looking to gain muscle mass? If not then no, don't take creatine.

I mean you could see a bit of an improvement in muscle recovery time but the greatest benefits seem to be for people doing heavier weights, ie mostly males that are looking to get bigger.

Plus it makes you pee a lot and look all puffy
Teknikall +

Times thanked
< 431

Quote:

Plus it makes you pee a lot and look all puffy

That's only if taking mono, no water retention/puffiness from cee or creatine malate

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict

Rename thread to 'Jrod asks stupid questions, receives good answers, ignores advise'.

Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,467
Yea but then results can be different. There's so many options really so the best bet is to read up on creatine.

I use this:
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 14,970
How much is that a kilo compared to buying creapure in a plain bag?

Quote:

Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,467
I think it was only between $50-60.
Tobi +

Puck Bunny

Times thanked
< 2,231

Quote:

Are you looking to gain muscle mass? If not then no, don't take creatine.

I mean you could see a bit of an improvement in muscle recovery time but the greatest benefits seem to be for people doing heavier weights, ie mostly males that are looking to get bigger.

Yeah not I.

I'm looking to loose a couple of kg, tone up, improve cardio and then get fit enough to do kokoda next April.
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 14,970

Quote:

I think it was only between $50-60.

$50 a kilo is a good price.

Quote:

Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
< 4,510

Quote:

Something is definitely wrong there, how much are you taking and how often?

Creatine is tasteless and dissolves really easily in any liquid so you shouldn't even feel it at all.

What I do is take 5mg every day for about 2-3 weeks once I get back into training then stop completely. Basically just to kick start my body back into the gym, then stop taking it and only take protein.

I take around 42g (1 scoop) mixed with 300ml or water between 30mins - 2 hours before a weight session.

My creatine is flavored and needs a stir to dissolve it all. Quite often gets a layer of bubbles like a spider would get on top.

I'm taking No-Xplode by the way

Quote:

Please explain how. If creatine is used to help create energy in the ATP-PC system wouldn't it be better to have the creatine there to bond with the phosphates?

Quote:

When I took it for a month, I practically stopped drinking coffee during work hours because I always had so much more energy.

From what I've been told and read you are not meant to drink much caffeine whilst taking creatine as you sweat a lot more, obvioulsy preventing a increase in water loss

Last edited by Bumpy: 28-Feb-10 at 07:39pm

Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,467

Quote:

I take around 42g (1 scoop) mixed with 300ml or water between 30mins - 2 hours before a weight session.

Well there's probably why you feel sick. It seems to me like you're using the protein supplement dosing, not creatine. You know what the recommended dose is for normal athletes? 5mg per day. That's it, though you can take 10mg for 5-7 days if loading. Body builders themselves take no more than 10mg per day and they often break up to 5mg in the morning and 5mg right after a weights session.
Where did you read that you should take that much creatine?

Quote:

Please explain how. If creatine is used to help create energy in the ATP-PC system wouldn't it be better to have the creatine there to bond with the phosphates?

Because your metabolism and absorption rate is the highest for about 20min after a work out, so the magic time to take any sort of supplements is within 20min of finishing, and also right before bed.
Remember that you're also replenishing your creatine reserves. The excess creatine in your system would have been used up during the workout so all you're doing is making sure to stock up the reserves as quick as possible, therefore retaining water and aiding in recovery.
You do have a point, though with creatine it's probably not as critical as with protein,where you would take some protein 2 hours before a workout and then the most important dose straight after a workout (with plenty of carbs of course, otherwise protein is useless).

Quote:

From what I've been told and read you are not meant to drink much caffeine whilst taking creatine as you sweat a lot more, obvioulsy preventing a increase in water loss

Yep but hey, I'm not a male model or a performance athlete. I'm not prepared to make all the necessary sacrifices just so I can be as lean as possible

Do me a favour and cut down to 5mg creatine mixed with 30-40mg of protein either before or after a workout, though it's easier to just mix it with protein straight after and drink it together. Then come back in a week or two and see if you have the same problems

EDIT - Oh damn, No-xplode is a mixture of supplements, not just creatine. I have no idea what the ideal dose is in that case
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 14,970
No-xplode is a decent pre-workout supplement, but its full of other shit like artifical sweeteners, caffeine and guarana, bicarb soda, citric acid etc.

Any of those or the combo could be making you feel a bit queazy.

No-xplode is designed as a pre-workout supp.

Quote:

Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
< 4,510
On the bottle it says mix 1 scoop with 3-4 oz's of water or as much water to get desired taste.

I'm taking 1 or 1 and a half if i feel like it with around 300ml of water.

Yeh I'm taking it as a pre-workout supp and having protein shakes after every work out, unless i go for lunch straight after.
DMPM +

Ursidae Magnus

Times thanked
< 230

Quote:

Errrr, No. You take CEE before you train.
Dollar. Dollar. Bills. Y'all.
rileybriggs +

Times thanked
< 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMPM

This.

I got the squirts and stomach cramps using CM. CEE tastes so aweful, but you use way less, and I dont get any bad side effects, but Ive been mixing it with apple juice lately, which helps the taste a lot. I get super thirsty on creating though, drinking like 4 litres a day.
Stop reading this
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
Anyone taken/takes Sports Oxy Shot before? My bro takes it and I took it a couple of times but don't see much happening...maybe I have to take it more often but just wondering anyone experienced in using this?
[Put Signature Here]
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
< 4,510

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackmasta

Anyone taken/takes Sports Oxy Shot before? My bro takes it and I took it a couple of times but don't see much happening...maybe I have to take it more often but just wondering anyone experienced in using this?

Take it every time before you work out until the tub is empty, then see if there are any results
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
< 4,510
So I tried another pre-workout suppliment today. It's Evole Pump Action. Seem to be able to metabolise it fine without feeling sick
Anomyst +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 42
Whats the difference between Creatine Tri-phosphate enhancer and creatine monohydrate?
Artifact Events
Dec 26 - Colour of Sound Boxing Day @ Neverland
Nov 20 - Interview -BAYSIDE BEATLAB -Bluetech|KiloWatts
Artifact Events | Interview | Colour of Sound | Ben Evans: Artist | Soundcloud
dcristo +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobi View Post

What does Creatine do?

Its one of the few effective muscle building supplements.

Here Is A Practical Guide To Using Creatine Monohydrate
http://www.gainingweight.info/creati...sing-creatine/

@OP if you are looking for ways to prevent stomach cramping check this site.
iamzakaria +

Times thanked
< 0
You may not be drinking enough water. This used to happen to be.. I would feel dehydrated and dizzy. Try increasing your water intake.
Stomach Pain After Eating

how to build muscle without weights

« Previous Thread Next Thread »