16 & Want to DJ :)

Closed thread
  Tools
eLisk +

Times thanked
<
16 & Want to DJ :)
Hey guys, new guy here,

So over the past year as i have started to go to u18s and other events (HTID etc) i have grown very fond of DJing and the beauty upon it, and i have decided that i want to be one of those people who get the crowd heaps pumped, up and dancing and stuff. But i need a place to start obviously, this is where I'm asking for help.

I just want to start CD DJing, not going to touch vinyl for a bit.

I have had a look around and i think the CDJ900/DJM800 would be a nice place to start (yes/no?) but I'm not sure about the speakers, headphones (not too fussed on headphones at the beginning) and if I'm forgetting anything or not, I'm not sure about the price-range on a startup kit, but don't want to spend a fortune.

So what would be something good to start up with that won't kill the bank, but still give a great introduction to DJing?

All comments are welcome, and thanks for all the help.

Last edited by eLisk: 02-Mar-10 at 09:49pm

slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<
How the fuck did you get into HTID?
Tech-One
dartagnan +

fcking boring

Times thanked
<
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=199081
j'adore la transe..
eLisk +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by slackas

How the fuck did you get into HTID?

HTID was 16+
Garthyboy +

Times thanked
<
Learn guitar.....EDM will die off in mainstream popularity and rock will be cool again.....by that time you'll be a decent guitarist and get way more girls!!!!!!

EVERY 16 YEAR OLD IS A DJ NOW DAYS
eLisk +

Times thanked
<
So I'm guessing ill never get a serious answer?
jdmlvn +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by eLisk

Hey guys, new guy here,

So over the past year as i have started to go to u18s and other events (HTID etc) i have grown very fond of DJing and the beauty upon it, and i have decided that i want to be one of those people who get the crowd heaps pumped, up and dancing and stuff. But i need a place to start obviously, this is where I'm asking for help.

I just want to start CD DJing, not going to touch vinyl for a bit.

I have had a look around and i think the CDJ900/DJM800 would be a nice place to start (yes/no?) but I'm not sure about the speakers, headphones (not too fussed on headphones at the beginning) and if I'm forgetting anything or not, I'm not sure about the price-range on a startup kit, but don't want to spend a fortune.

All comments are welcome, and thanks for all the help.

hey there elisk,

by the looks of it you are into hard dance music, my advice would be to download or buy 'virtualdj' then buy some tracks to fiddle around with it, learn about phases, bars etc.. pretty much the whole architecture of EDM..

if after a few months of fiddling about with virtual dj, and you are committed to actually start djing, save some money and buy some pioneer gear, why pioneer gear? well you seem like you would like to be playing in clubs, and getting some pioneer gear will get you familiar with club standard gear.
eLisk +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmlvn

hey there elisk,

Hey man, thanks for the response, i have been playing around with Virtual DJ and i don't really like it, its pretty boring doing it with a mouse, luckily i played around with some of my friends gear and he is the only other person i can really go to for DJ advice, but he really isn't available at this time so i thought i would make a thread haha.

I want to start on Pioneer gear, i just don't know what stuff (the reason for this thread) i was just hoping someone would list some stuff like CD player:, Mixer: etc etc. and explain why, because my knowledge of that stuff isn't really up to scratch yet.
dartagnan +

fcking boring

Times thanked
<
you don't even have a serious question.

i would recommend you read the stickies first before even posting.

OR better yet, do a SEARCH.

wtf is with kids nowadays, they have all the information under their fingertips and yet they still utilise it.
j'adore la transe..
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by eLisk

HTID was 16+

Really? that would have sucked.
Tech-One
Pro Tool +

Percussive Maintenance

Times thanked
<
As they say in the classics, 'Search n00b'.

But seriously, feel free to thread up once you've got a topic which is worth the post. In the meantime, you'd do far better having a thorough read of the forum wherein you'll find advice aplenty on exactly this subject.
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »