Times thanked
<
Thanked 6,163 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcdcW...eature=related

I jizzed.

:o

We don't even need EQ knobs any more! Just stick 6-7 cross faders up top where the EQ knobs are, and allow us to digitally alter the frequency spectrum that they cover for even smoother mixing.
Methodixxx +

... IN TRIPLICATE

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJBT

really???? im a bit meh, and def dont like the snap feature of the x fade in the vid. also i hope the touch screan is responsive otherwise it will be a waste.

Didn't look reponsive... and it's sorta just a gimmicky way of being good on your eq pots (albeit it was what a 7 band eq)... meh - I'll wait 'till I try one.

And then I'll probably love it and play with all the gadgetry for hours on end

Mainline Music
MAINLINE Presents:

http://soundcloud.com/methodix
deejaydee +

Times thanked
<
Mmm, didn't find that too exciting to be honest.. Looks like that would be a nightmare for someone with larger fingers... Seven bands seems pretty cool though
tios2001 +

Times thanked
<
This -

Originally Posted by macc4
djm 909 > chuck norris

+ this -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catdog69Kool

holy fuck, bit off subject, but yesterday was his birthday
but he was only born with one testicle

the other one is now commonly known as Jupiter

= epic !
BoyBlue +

Times thanked
<
I can just see this opening up the old can of "technology making shit too easy" worms again.

Does look fun to play with though, even though I'm a fan of simple mixers.
P_A_Sime +

I'd have a crack :)

Times thanked
<
If you cant see how that screen will make mixing better, your a tool.

Catch up people.
BoyBlue +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by P_A_Sime

Catch up people.

Don't get me wrong because I think it's a cool feature but I don't think it will necessarily make mixing better, I can see it resulting in a lot of people not being able to EQ because they don't have to touch the damn things. Which is gonna fuck you over if you're playing on anything but a 2000. But I'm a tool though.
deejaydee +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Catch up people.

Can it really do much more than a set of rotaries...?
CircusMidget +

De plane! De plane!

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,386 Times in 652 Posts

Quote:

Catch up people.

Not better, different. Soon you will be able to mix totally by eye.
Mark all your tracks with color stickers and use the secondary color wheel to plan your rainbow mix
underhousearrest +

kjsdbf

Times thanked
<
U can get real crazy and ride the eq pots while ur other hand is sliding them faders around

Soundcloud

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesperoni

I use the people that hate me as a measure of my own performance as a human, if they're shit ****s then I'm on the right track.

jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
<
Thanked 5,000 Times in 2,101 Posts
Pioneer DJM 2000!

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/pr...s/DJM2000.html

awesome, will add more details when ive read into it

It has effectively built in the technology of the EFX-1000, removing the need for an external effects unit along with touch screen technology from the SVM-1000.

The very first 5.8” large LCD multi-touch panel allows the DJ to use touch panel effects whilst checking them visually. It also comes with beat effect and INST FX functions, which means the DJ can alter the sound spontaneously without having to connect to multiple devices – allowing for a more flexible and unique performance.

The CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900’s HID control of DJ software allows virtual decks to be manipulated without time-code vinyl, and now the DJM-2000 further simplifies connectivity directly to your Mac or PC by having a soundcard built in.

means you usb to it and you got everything connected to traktor!

he mixer is equipped with a USB Audio Interface, which allows the audio signal of music playing on a computer to be inputted to the DJM-2000 via a USB connection with the computer. This makes it possible to use a computer, even without an external sound card.
From one computer up to a maximum of four sources of audio signal can be assigned to each channel. It is also possible to output the master output to the computer. This makes it extremely convenient to record the mixed audio.

it has midi mode but the extent of what you can assign im unsure of yet.

more details
Spoiler:
The DJM-2000 inherits a larger foot print than its predecessors to accommodate a sectioned layout of features as well as cosmetically match the latest Pioneer CDJ series of digital media players. On the top center section of the mixer resides its EFX capabilities to give DJs a bounty of digital effects. Located on each side of the middle section is its audio mixing controls for connection of up to four digital or USB sources. Across the middle section, Pioneer added new INST FX (Instant Instrument FX) functions which allow DJs to further alter and create more sound effects. And, at the bottom center of the mixer is a large LCD touch display that provides DJs a window for remixing beats and adding effects with the ease of a simple touch of the screen.

Industry First Multi-Touch Panel
A first in the industry for audio mixers(*1), the DJM-2000 incorporates a full-color 5.8-inch LCD multi-touch panel for adding audio effects. Users can simultaneously manipulate the displayed controls on the panel by touching different areas of the screen. Three different performance modes are available including;
Frequency mix - Enables more precise mixing within seven frequency ranges. For example, users can enhance the bass region within the music they’re mixing.

Sidechain remix – DJs can create seven different dynamic audio effects with touches and movements on the screen.

MIDI mode – Allows the user to assign various controls displayed on the LCD screen to control DJ software via MIDI. Four types of MIDI modes are available for more performance flexibility.

Evolved Beat Effects
A section of the mixer resides an Evolved Beat Effects adopted from earlier versions of the DJM series of mixers to generate a multitude of sound effects. Numerous buttons were added for selecting multiple effects and beat parameters for additional performance capabilities. Further manipulation of the sound effects can be made using the Effect Frequency knobs that changes the low, mid and high frequency bands of the music. Turns of the knobs enhances the effects to each frequency band, i.e., an echo added specifically to the vocals of the music or a doubling of the hi-hat rhythm, providing incredible performance options.

Instant Instrument FX
The INST FX (Instant Instrument FX) provides six additional audio effects that include Noise, HPF, LPF, Jet, Zip and Crush. Each of the effects can be induced into the channel with a turn of the Filter knob. Additionally, the Parameter knob allows the effects to be fine tuned.

Live Sampler
A cool feature of the mixer is its Live Sampler capability which allows the sound from a microphone or from the MASTER(*2) output to be recorded directly into the mixer. The “sampled” sound can instantly be transferred via LAN cable to a CDJ-2000/900 for scratching.

Pro DJ Link
When used specifically with Pioneer’s CDJ-2000 or CDJ-900 turntables via Pro DJ Link, the DJM-2000 becomes an even more powerful musical tool. The mixer incorporates four Ethernet ports in the back of the unit allowing up to four of the most recent CDJ turntables to be connected (via LAN cables) while sharing only one music-filled SD card(*3) or USB storage device. In addition, up to two laptop computers pre-installed with Pioneer’s music management software rekordbox™ can be interfaced with the DJM-2000 via LAN cables, in cases that two DJs are transitioning for their individual performances.

Link Monitor
When linked with the CDJ-2000 player, the mixer informs the DJ of its connected status. The JOG rings of the turntable changes in color based on the current on-air(*4) status or channel number connection, providing quick visual indications to the DJ

USB interface
The DJM-2000 features a USB audio interface(*5) that allows direct computer connection without the need for an external sound card. Up to four audio sources can be assigned to each channel providing even more flexibility. For additional convenience, the MASTER output can be connected directly to a computer for recording(*6) of performances.

Sound Quality
Continuing the prestigious reputation of Pioneer mixers, the DJM-2000 provides excellent sound quality. By utilizing balanced hybrid op-amp and a perfectly balanced output circuit in the analog processing stage, Pioneer managed to significantly decrease induced noise resulting in a dynamic range of 107dB with 0.004% THD for an extremely clean and powerful sound.

Features in short
Switching 3-Band EQ/Isolator - Equipped with a switching 3-band EQ (+6dB to -26dB) and 3-band Isolator (+6dB to -∞dB) on each channel
Digital In - Permits audio signal of each channel with no deterioration in sound quality
Fader Start Play - Connection with CDJ player(s) with PRO DJ LINK or control cable allows the mixer to start the turntable by switching faders
Talk Over - Lowers the volume of the music when a connected microphone is used
Peak Level Meter – Displays input levels at a glance
Cross fader Assign function - Allows the flexible assignment of the input on each channel to the cross fader
Fader Curve Adjust function - Allows changes to cross fader and channel fader curves

Specifications

No. of Channels
• Audio: 4-channels
• Mic: 1-channel

Input Terminals
• CD/LINE6(RCA)
• PHONO2(RCA)
• DIGITAL IN4(COAXIAL)
• MIC 1 (On top, XLR & 1/4-inch general-purpose phone1) 

Output Terminals
• MASTER OUT2(RCA1、XLR1)
• BOOTH OUT1(1/4 inch PHONE)
• HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT1(On top, 1/4 inch PHONE)
• REC OUT1(RCA)
• DIGITAL OUT1(COAXIAL)

Other Terminals
• SEND1(1/4 inch PHONE)
• RETURN1(1/4 inch PHONE)
• MIDI OUT1(5-pin DIN)
• CONTROL2(φ3.5MINI JACK)
• USB-B Port 1
• LINK Terminal 6

Sampling Rate 96 kHz
D/A Converter 32 bit
A/D Converter 24 bit
Frequency Performance 20 Hz ~20 kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion 0.004% or less
Signal/Noise Ratio 107 dB (LINE)
Headroom 19 dB
Power Source AC 120 V (60 Hz )
Power Consumption 42 W
Max External Dimensions 16.9 in (W)16.1 in (D) 4.3 in (H)
Weight 18.7 lb

Last edited by jarrardscott: 17-Mar-10 at 10:55am

macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
fucking learn to search n00b http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=199081

at least scroll down the first page
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,013 Times in 670 Posts

Quote:

fucking learn to search n00b

at least scroll down the first page

industry standard post for industry standard j-rod post about an industry standard pioneer product
Playing at;

Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page

SHRUG
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
<
where's the fucking res/Q adjustment knob for the filters? huh? FUCK YOU PIONEER!!
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
P_A_Sime +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomrocks

industry standard post for industry standard j-rod post about an industry standard pioneer product

And Pioneer are industry standard because weather you like them or not, they do what they do well and without hassle.

The 800 is pretty much a flawless mixer. Same for the CDJ's.
WADZA +

you're really cool man

Times thanked
<
hey it's got a REMIX button!

is that the button you press when you jump on the mix and shout 'REEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!'

Upcoming:

Sat 16th June : Deepchild (Berlin) @ Barsoma
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<

Quote:

And Pioneer are industry standard because weather you like them or not, they do what they do well and without hassle.

The 800 is pretty much a flawless mixer. Same for the CDJ's.

joke fail

wouldnt say they are flawless though
Playing at;

SHRUG
macc4 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakeWilliams

Has anyone heard about this?

Or am i just really, really behind.

mate, you are about a week ahead of jarrard, you are doing alright.
P_A_Sime +

Times thanked
<
Considering i own quite a few that are constantly on the rental market, i can assure you they are the best when it comes to reliability, being what i meant by flawless.

No mixer from a DJ perspective is flawless.
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<
So in turn a Toyota Corolla would be a flawless car as it's used by many hire companies as it's very reliable.

Yes i'm being a twat
Playing at;

SHRUG
jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
<
my mistake. merge threads please
P_A_Sime +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

So in turn a Toyota Corolla would be a flawless car as it's used by many hire companies as it's very reliable.

Yes i'm being a twat

Twat you are being, but are you getting a point?
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
<
i was tossing up between getting 2 traktor kontrols or trading in my djm800 for a xone 4d

now with this, depending on the midi functionality and whether it has decent mapping capabilities, i now have the possibility of trading in my djm800 for this.
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
<
that frequency mix thing looks totally sweet too, i wonder what other functionalities the touch screen has.

also the frequency effects i imagine i'll use alot. there will be loads of possibilities with this

Last edited by jarrardscott: 17-Mar-10 at 12:39pm

P_A_Sime +

Times thanked
<
Midi controller and a kaos pad lookalike.
macc4 +

Times thanked
<
six effects processors or something, the future of music is max flange
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
<
trenthalliday +

s'up?

Times thanked
<
Is this really progress?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

i love people who call themself persian.
its like theyre ashamed to say theyre from iraq

jarrardscott +

Times thanked
<
If juggling multiple effects and aiming to be the next James Zabeila is your thing, then this is definitely the mixer for you. We've got no official word on Australian pricing yet, but judging on the the US and Euro pricing, we're expecting this mixer to retail around $3500.
macc4 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenthalliday

Is this really progress?

It's like when Bunnings put those really big fans in - it made the shed a bit cooler but there is still heaps of dickheads working there
P_A_Sime +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Is this really progress?

Ok, outlay for us what you think progress consists of.
genebourne +

throw me your knickers

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Twat you are being, but are you getting a point?

"Hot damn.. i've never rode in a convertible before."
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by WADZA

hey it's got a REMIX button!

is that the button you press when you jump on the mix and shout 'REEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!'

haha!! yea it's what that button does. no need to shout.
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<

Quote:

six effects processors or something, the future of music is max flange

I really think changing my name to DJ Max Flange would be a great career move
Playing at;

SHRUG
ShuffleStuff +

paris is for losers

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,423 Posts

Quote:

It's like when Bunnings put those really big fans in - it made the shed a bit cooler but there is still heaps of dickheads working there

hahaha fucking classic Macc. i really lol'd.
trenthalliday +

s'up?

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Ok, outlay for us what you think progress consists of.

Um....

Perhaps developing items with superior sound quality, superior build quality, instead of truing to fit everything in to the one machine??

Quote:

P_A_Sime +

Times thanked
<
Ohh right, that bullshit superior sound quality argument, especially coming from DJ's who have no fucking clue about gain structure.

Any mixer will sound decent enough if the don't push the arse out of it.
deejaydee +

Times thanked
<
Wait, no flanger in the effects bank... I will not buy!!!!!
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Ohh right, that bullshit superior sound quality argument, especially coming from DJ's who have no fucking clue about gain structure.

What do you have to gain from outbursts like that?
Playing at;

SHRUG
trenthalliday +

s'up?

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Yeah the DJM 300 sounds sick next to a Bozak

Quote:

macc4 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

it's a bit sad really, just look at the promo pic at the top of the page, it's maxing out all channels including the master
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
<
i dunno about the sound quality argument. the new pioneers aren't too bad but of course chinstrokers will stroke their chins no matter what because there certainly are better quality (sound-wise) mixers out there.

as for the bells and whistles -- fuck it! if you can rock up to a gig and have all these nice effects and things to play with without plugging anything else in, then what is your problem? are they too much for you? can't figure out what goes where? then fuckin learn you ****!

i'm sick of hearing people whinging about effects. the only time they are shit is when the DJ overuses them.
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
P_A_Sime +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Well mate, thats 6 years of agro built up from DJ's who go out of their way to ruin sound at gigs just because it seems to hard for them to turn a trim nob.

And when said DJ's get on here and ask for a better sounding mixer, well............
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<

Quote:

that's two jokes you missed now
Playing at;

SHRUG
P_A_Sime +

Times thanked
<
And for the record, the DjM-800 in its sweet spot is a great unit.

Coloured enough to give great rounded fat audio, but not to clean like some of the better mixers which im my opinion can sound less exciting.
trenthalliday +

s'up?

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy

i dunno about the sound quality argument. the new pioneers aren't too bad but of course chinstrokers will stroke their chins no matter what because there certainly are better quality (sound-wise) mixers out there.

as for the bells and whistles -- fuck it! if you can rock up to a gig and have all these nice effects and things to play with without plugging anything else in, then what is your problem? are they too much for you? can't figure out what goes where? then fuckin learn you ****!

i'm sick of hearing people whinging about effects. the only time they are shit is when the DJ overuses them.

Using any effect is overusing IMO...I hate them...they sound terrible, especially when coming through a huge system...I never touch them, just not my cup of tea.

Quote:

P_A_Sime +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

I hate them...

This is the only useful part of that post.

Any DJ worth his weight can use effects for the better, obviously you cannot, so dont hate.
trenthalliday +

s'up?

Times thanked
<

Quote:

This is the only useful part of that post.

Any DJ worth his weight can use effects for the better, obviously you cannot, so dont hate.

Here have a cup of tea...no thanks I hate tea...dude, anyone who drinks liquid that is worth their weight can drink tea, obviously you cant drink liquids...

Quote:

jarrardscott +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Using any effect is overusing IMO...I hate them...they sound terrible, especially when coming through a huge system...I never touch them, just not my cup of tea.

ok so firstly, you think pioneers are bad build quality?

the sound is fine on pioneers, its quiet good, yes there is better, but when you're using club soundsystems none of them are tuned right anyway so who gives a fuck what mixer.

maybe at home if you have some sweet ass monitors then fair enough, but then again...

also as the any effects being shit effects.

what about the frequency mixing on this?
what about filters used to mix in and uot of tracks instead of eq's.

you're discluding alot here

to me it sounds like he is right, you just dont know how to use them properly.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »