The DJ Booth

djm 2000

Reply
  Tools
Spergertron +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '10
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
102
www . storedj . com . au/products/product.php?id=3017
spaced the link cause i cant post links yet on this alias

check out the vids on the djm 2000's frequency mix on the touchscreen, and the midi mode is interesting too.

ive also noticed theres a midi on/off section on the right hand side of the mixer under booth monitor.

possibly enabling the whole mixer for use like the djm800 had?



also, i hope clubs decide to update their gear to this sooner rather then later as i plan on using just this mixer and traktor (if it allows)

i'd much rather to not have to bring a mixer to every gig i play.
Pro Tool +

Percussive Maintenance

Pro Tool's Avatar
Joined
Aug '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 9
Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts
Posts
7,495

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

not coming out till the end of the year and at 3500 dollars (at least it isnt quiet as steep as the xone 4d) i think i might get the traktor kontrollers till this comes out, then possibly incorporate both?

It's a gameboy in a christmas tree, no?
jdmlvn +

Registered User

Joined
Dec '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
38
i saw the video on how to transformed the whitenoise fx, fuck that shit is crazy
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmlvn

i saw the video on how to transformed the whitenoise fx, fuck that shit is crazy


???
jdmlvn +

Registered User

Joined
Dec '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
38

Quote:

Originally Posted by macc4

???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj4jF-LAx2g

this one
trenthalliday +

s'up?

trenthalliday's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
9,054
Because white whooshy noises is exactly what EDM needs more of at the moment

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

i love people who call themself persian.
its like theyre ashamed to say theyre from iraq

macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412
you gonna need a pee bottle if you keep making those noises in the dj booth
djaudiophile +

licking the lid of life

djaudiophile's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,469

Quote:

Originally Posted by macc4

you gonna need a pee bottle if you keep making those noises in the dj booth

you mean you don't take one with you to your gigs ?
richcur +

Peanuts

richcur's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2
Thanked 155 Times in 117 Posts
Posts
6,127
^^He has gigs?
Rich Curtis' website & Facebook

Latitude End EP (incl Andre Sobota, Noraj Cue & Verve Rmxs) - Mar 24
Golden Wings Music "Unique" EP (incl Flipped) - May 2

Playing prog/tech LIVE on Proton Radio, 1st Tues of Month @10pm US EST
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412
couple coming up, not as many as you though rich , that bio must be working hey
avatar_karma +

Registered User

avatar_karma's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,217
Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,295 Posts
Posts
11,517

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

not coming out till the end of the year and at 3500 dollars (at least it isnt quiet as steep as the xone 4d) i think i might get the traktor kontrollers till this comes out, then possibly incorporate both?

Give me 2 CDJ1000's + DJM-800 to mix up some progressive house tunes and it will be much more entertaining to listen to then taktor 4 deck looped boring tech house stuff.

Who cares what equipment you use, its what comes out of the speakers that counts. And I think shits just going over the top now and people are more and more just becoming gear whores.

In saying this I quite like the idea of the white noise effect, could lead to some interesting combinations of effects.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

Enlightened, morally strong sports fans follow the NRL.

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Random_Kiwi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 185
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
Posts
16,120

Quote:

Originally Posted by avatar_karma

And I think shits just going over the top now and people are more and more just becoming gear whores.

In saying this I quite like the idea of the white noise effect, could lead to some interesting combinations of effects.

A) I agree...posted earlier, has shit that 95% of won't get used except by people that own their own 2000 and have had months and months of practicing to figure it out. If clubs install them, which I can't see happening anytime soon, features will hardly ever be touched, the touch screen will get gummy/sticky and fuck out and they'll be a glorified DJM 800.

B) yeah, but will get more over used than the fucking flanger did and become boring, quicksmart.

Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
avatar_karma +

Registered User

avatar_karma's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,217
Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,295 Posts
Posts
11,517

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi

they'll be a glorified DJM 800.

B) yeah, but will get more over used than the fucking flanger did and become boring, quicksmart.

I laugh when I look at the prospects of both of these things happening. But then it saddens me to think that it's so fucking true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

Enlightened, morally strong sports fans follow the NRL.

trenthalliday +

s'up?

trenthalliday's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
9,054

Quote:

Originally Posted by avatar_karma

Give me 2 CDJ1000's + DJM-800 to mix up some progressive house tunes and it will be much more entertaining to listen to :

Debatable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

i love people who call themself persian.
its like theyre ashamed to say theyre from iraq

Spergertron +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '10
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
102

Quote:

Originally Posted by avatar_karma

Give me 2 CDJ1000's + DJM-800 to mix up some progressive house tunes and it will be much more entertaining to listen to then taktor 4 deck looped boring tech house stuff.

funny that, i remember teaching tom to beat match who taught you to beatmatch.

try and talk me up ****, i own you.

besides, all you have is fluffy prog innit? i got a huge mixture of everything, people just pigeonhole me for some dicky unknown reason. hence why im making a new mix which is greatly varied called "pigeonhole this"
Spergertron +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '10
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
102
what you talking about, loads of people will use the djm2000, not like noone ever used an efx1000 before.

yeah sure the touch screen may not be as recognised but im sure any dj could quickly figure out how to use the frequency beatmatch and XY touchpad effects easily enough.
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

pomrocks's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 527
Thanked 1,013 Times in 670 Posts
Posts
14,092

Quote:

Originally Posted by macc4

couple coming up, not as many as you though rich , that bio must be working hey

Playing at;


Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page


SHRUG
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spergertron

funny that, i remember teaching tom to beat match who taught you to beatmatch.

try and talk me up ****, i own you.

besides, all you have is fluffy prog innit? i got a huge mixture of everything, people just pigeonhole me for some dicky unknown reason. hence why im making a new mix which is greatly varied called "pigeonhole this"

I thought you contrasted up to four tracks at once using traktor sync
avatar_karma +

Registered User

avatar_karma's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,217
Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,295 Posts
Posts
11,517
Just trying to emphasise my point that it's what you play, not how you play it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by macc4

I thought you contrasted up to four tracks at once using traktor sync

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

Enlightened, morally strong sports fans follow the NRL.

Spergertron +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '10
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
102

Quote:

Originally Posted by avatar_karma

Just trying to emphasise my point that it's what you play, not how you play it.



unless you trainwreck every mix.
*ahem*
avatar_karma +

Registered User

avatar_karma's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,217
Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,295 Posts
Posts
11,517
That's true, luckily 90% of people that play out in clubs don't trainwreck then eh

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

Enlightened, morally strong sports fans follow the NRL.

Spergertron +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '10
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
102

Quote:

Originally Posted by macc4

I thought you contrasted up to four tracks at once using traktor sync

i got over beatmatching long ago man.

can i beatmatch, yeah, any dj should be able too.
wtf do i need to prove though, if i can make a mix sound better by skipping that step and concentrating on others why wouldnt i do that?

everyone has different styles of mixing, do i think one is better than the rest, no, not at all. i think there is good and bad in both, people have their own styles and should work on it.

scott plays prog, cant exactly layer loads of tracks with prog, doesnt work, would sound terrible. you need to work on composition, key and layout of the tracks.

i mix a combination of deep bass driven tracks, disco, percussive anything, funky shiz and slamming techno, upon many other things. much easier to combine than prog.

different types of music allow you to mix in different ways, hence different styles of mixing.

beatmatching has become tedius to me.

especially seeing every mixer and CDJ and program has bpm counters on it these days.

wtf is anyone proving. that they can match 1 number to other pretty much.
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spergertron

i got over beatmatching long ago man.

can i beatmatch, yeah, any dj should be able too.
wtf do i need to prove though, if i can make a mix sound better by skipping that step and concentrating on others why wouldnt i do that?

everyone has different styles of mixing, do i think one is better than the rest, no, not at all. i think there is good and bad in both, people have their own styles and should work on it.

scott plays prog, cant exactly layer loads of tracks with prog, doesnt work, would sound terrible. you need to work on composition, key and layout of the tracks.

beatmatching has become tedius to me.

especially seeing every mixer and CDJ and program has bpm counters on it these days.

wtf is anyone proving. that they can match 1 number to other pretty much.

You were just bragging about teaching people how to beatmatch. This shows that you hold it in high regard, otherwise you would not teach it.

Nice backpeddle
Spergertron +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '10
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
102

Quote:

Originally Posted by avatar_karma

That's true, luckily 90% of people that play out in clubs don't trainwreck then eh

haha, yeah sadly 10% do and theres loads of more deserving up and comers that dont get those gigs.
Spergertron +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '10
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
102

Quote:

Originally Posted by macc4

You were just bragging about teaching people how to beatmatch. This shows that you hold it in high regard.

Nice backpeddle

sif bragging. he holds it in high regard so i was stirring him up.
richcur +

Peanuts

richcur's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2
Thanked 155 Times in 117 Posts
Posts
6,127

Quote:

Originally Posted by macc4

couple coming up, not as many as you though rich , that bio must be working hey

Mate it's the bomb. Do you want me to get KrisKo to write you one too? Make sure it's well and truely troll-proof before use though!
Rich Curtis' website & Facebook

Latitude End EP (incl Andre Sobota, Noraj Cue & Verve Rmxs) - Mar 24
Golden Wings Music "Unique" EP (incl Flipped) - May 2

Playing prog/tech LIVE on Proton Radio, 1st Tues of Month @10pm US EST

Last edited by richcur: 22-Mar-10 at 02:10pm

stubs +

0.o

stubs's Avatar
Joined
Mar '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 7
Thanked 118 Times in 63 Posts
Posts
1,229

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spergertron

i got over beatmatching long ago man.

can i beatmatch, yeah, any dj should be able too.
wtf do i need to prove though, if i can make a mix sound better by skipping that step and concentrating on others why wouldnt i do that?

everyone has different styles of mixing, do i think one is better than the rest, no, not at all. i think there is good and bad in both, people have their own styles and should work on it.

scott plays prog, cant exactly layer loads of tracks with prog, doesnt work, would sound terrible. you need to work on composition, key and layout of the tracks.

i mix a combination of deep bass driven tracks, disco, percussive anything, funky shiz and slamming techno, upon many other things. much easier to combine than prog.

different types of music allow you to mix in different ways, hence different styles of mixing.

beatmatching has become tedius to me.

especially seeing every mixer and CDJ and program has bpm counters on it these days.

wtf is anyone proving. that they can match 1 number to other pretty much.


trenthalliday +

s'up?

trenthalliday's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
9,054

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spergertron


i mix a combination of deep bass driven tracks, disco, percussive anything, funky shiz and slamming techno, upon many other things. much easier to combine than prog.

Please dont...that bandwaggon is starting to fill up very quickly...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

i love people who call themself persian.
its like theyre ashamed to say theyre from iraq

avatar_karma +

Registered User

avatar_karma's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,217
Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,295 Posts
Posts
11,517
I thought we were still in the dubstep bandwagon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

Enlightened, morally strong sports fans follow the NRL.

Spergertron +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '10
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
102

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenthalliday

Please dont...that bandwaggon is starting to fill up very quickly...

how the hell is me playing a broad range of music being on a bandwagon

i'd be on every wagon then

besides, whats wrong with dropping a disco track here and there, its basically slow funky house these days.
djaudiophile +

licking the lid of life

djaudiophile's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,469
he was referring to your DISCO inclusion in your list of music style descriptors
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412

Quote:

Originally Posted by richcur

Mate it's the bomb. Do you want me to get KrisKo to write you one too? Make sure it's well and truely troll-proof before use though!

did he make the videos as well?

Media Player
KillaKowalski +

Registered User

KillaKowalski's Avatar
Joined
Aug '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
2,124

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spergertron


especially seeing every mixer and CDJ and program has bpm counters on it these days.


If you are just using bpm counters to match your stuff you are a lame wad.

They are sort of useful, but it's in no way a guaranteed lock. try mixing 3-5 minutes with just the BPM counter as your guide. You won't get very far.
Spergertron +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '10
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
102

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillaKowalski

If you are just using bpm counters to match your stuff you are a lame wad.

They are sort of useful, but it's in no way a guaranteed lock. try mixing 3-5 minutes with just the BPM counter as your guide. You won't get very far.

yeah syncs arent even spot on either man, you still got to fine tune every mix.



question: does anyone here think beatmatching is hard?
trenthalliday +

s'up?

trenthalliday's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
9,054

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spergertron

question: does anyone here think beatmatching is hard?

Well...it sure as hell isn;t when you are using the sync button!

Fuck dude...you are taking one of the fundamental skills of matching tracks together and letting a computer do it for you...where is the fun in that?!?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

i love people who call themself persian.
its like theyre ashamed to say theyre from iraq

macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spergertron

question: does anyone here think beatmatching is hard?

it's not hard once you know how to do it, in fact it becomes second nature after a while

Just because you can't beatmatch without concentrating doesn't mean that you are in sync with the majority of djs jarrard
djaudiophile +

licking the lid of life

djaudiophile's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,469
beatmatching is just like rubbing your tummy with one hand while tapping your head with the other
everyone can do it - just varying degrees of how well
and nearly everyone can improve with a bit of practice

beatmatching does NOT mean you are a fucken ninja
Spergertron +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '10
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
102

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenthalliday

Well...it sure as hell isn;t when you are using the sync button!

Fuck dude...you are taking one of the fundamental skills of matching tracks together and letting a computer do it for you...where is the fun in that?!?!


actually dude, exactly what i originally thought

i started off mixing 2 decks on traktor scratch and syncing too cause i still wanted to keep an aspect of beatmatching in what i was doing.

i've since realised it doesnt make much difference, it just feels tedious. structuring a set and layering songs and loops is great. you still keep every other aspect of mixing when you sync, just takes away the need to have to get the tracks in time.

be real here, i asked that question because i know none of you find beatmatching hard. so whats there to prove.
its not like i cant beatmatch, i just choose not to because it means it gives me more time to concentrate on other things to make a set sound good.

i personally get bored beatmatching a track then sitting around for a few minutes waiting for the spot where you want to drop the next track. by syncing you can get more interesting mixing, much longer smoother transitions.

to be honest, if i play a gig and they have the djm2000 and cdj2000s setup where all i need to do is plug in traktor with a usb without anything else i may very well opt to beatmatch sometimes just for old times sake but i personally couldnt be bothered.

see i could possibly have this attitude cause im wanting to eventually move into live, i find it more interesting and fun but i still got loads of work to do on that so im trying to give my own live feel to djing by the way i mix.

each to their own.

its like comparing chalk and cheese

Quote:

Originally Posted by macc4

it's not hard once you know how to do it, in fact it becomes second nature after a while

Just because you can't beatmatch without concentrating doesn't mean that you are in sync with the majority of djs jarrard

wtf

i never said i couldnt beatmatch.

i got over beatmatching because its easy, takes 10 seconds then you stand around twiddling your thumbs

its a lot LESS fun then some of you make it out

Quote:

Originally Posted by djaudiophile

beatmatching is just like rubbing your tummy with one hand while tapping your head with the other
everyone can do it - just varying degrees of how well
and nearly everyone can improve with a bit of practice

beatmatching does NOT mean you are a fucken ninja

exactly, i dont know why people feel its necessary.

dont get me wrong, i think every dj should know how to beatmatch.
DEFINITELY

i just dont think that every dj should have to do it if they know how.
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spergertron

actually dude, exactly what i originally thought

i started off mixing 2 decks on traktor scratch and syncing too cause i still wanted to keep an aspect of beatmatching in what i was doing.

i've since realised it doesnt make much difference, it just feels tedious. structuring a set and layering songs and loops is great. you still keep every other aspect of mixing when you sync, just takes away the need to have to get the tracks in time.

be real here, i asked that question because i know none of you find beatmatching hard. so whats there to prove.
its not like i cant beatmatch, i just choose not to because it means it gives me more time to concentrate on other things to make a set sound good.

i personally get bored beatmatching a track then sitting around for a few minutes waiting for the spot where you want to drop the next track. by syncing you can get more interesting mixing, much longer smoother transitions.

to be honest, if i play a gig and they have the djm2000 and cdj2000s setup where all i need to do is plug in traktor with a usb without anything else i may very well opt to beatmatch sometimes just for old times sake but i personally couldnt be bothered.

see i could possibly have this attitude cause im wanting to eventually move into live, i find it more interesting and fun but i still got loads of work to do on that so im trying to give my own live feel to djing by the way i mix.

each to their own.

its like comparing chalk and cheese

if you could beatmatch properly, you would have the same amount of time to do all that shit

press play, adjust pitch while it's playing, it's not hard jarrard it just takes practice.
Why do you need to twiddle your thumbs, why can't you use that time to contrast more?
trenthalliday +

s'up?

trenthalliday's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
9,054
If it takes 10 seconds why let a computer do it for you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

i love people who call themself persian.
its like theyre ashamed to say theyre from iraq

Spergertron +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '10
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
102

Quote:

Originally Posted by macc4

if you could beatmatch properly, you would have the same amount of time to do all that shit

press play, adjust pitch while it's playing, it's not hard jarrard it just takes practice.
Why do you need to twiddle your thumbs, why can't you use that time to contrast more?

wtf dude, i said its boring and tedious. why would i bother wasting my 10 seconds.

on second thought, everyone is surely trolling me here


do people who dj with ableton beatmatch?

no? because theyre doing something different.

so why is it if i just choose to use a different medium its all whingey shit, this is why i have concluded that you guys cant be serious with your shit, you're just trolling.

oh and you all think you're mad djs who can beatmatch hell good when noone gives a shit.
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spergertron

wtf dude, i said its boring and tedious. why would i bother wasting my 10 seconds.

on second thought, everyone is surely trolling me here


you were saying that you twiddle your thumbs when beatmixing, but don't if you use sync function

Sounds more like obsessive compulsive behaviour as opposed to dj technique
Bism +

Bism's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 6,717
Thanked 18,335 Times in 7,068 Posts
Posts
21,758
at getting bored between mixes.

Play, better, music
trenthalliday +

s'up?

trenthalliday's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
9,054
No I am being serious...10 seconds of your time...actually in reality its maybe 7 seconds to beatmatch a track...take away the couple of seconds it takes to press the sync button and what are you actually saving...3 or 4 seconds?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

i love people who call themself persian.
its like theyre ashamed to say theyre from iraq

djaudiophile +

licking the lid of life

djaudiophile's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,469
here's something to think about:

i have a gig
i goto gig
i take CD's, Records and a DVS (and use all of these mediums)
i also take a DJ friend with me
i choose songs
i get my DJ friend to beat match the tracks for me - this is all they are doing (getting that ol pitch slider in just the right spot for me)
i mix tunes
i put hands in the air and jesus pose

So everything is automatically beatmatched for me.... but I am not pressing a sync button...

am i doing it wrong ?
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412

Quote:

Originally Posted by djaudiophile

here's something to think about:

i have a gig
i goto gig
i take CD's, Records and a DVS (and use all of these mediums)
i also take a DJ friend with me
i choose songs
i get my DJ friend to beat match the tracks for me - this is all they are doing (getting that ol pitch slider in just the right spot for me)
i mix tunes
i put hands in the air and jesus pose

So everything is automatically beatmatched for me.... but I am not pressing a sync button...

am i doing it wrong ?

yes, it seems you are missing a trumpet player
avatar_karma +

Registered User

avatar_karma's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,217
Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,295 Posts
Posts
11,517
When you guys say it takes you 10 seconds, in that 10 seconds do you get it absolutely correct? Like most of the time you'll be like 0.05 or 0.10 off and have to correct it in the mix right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

Enlightened, morally strong sports fans follow the NRL.

Spergertron +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '10
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
102

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenthalliday

No I am being serious...10 seconds of your time...actually in reality its maybe 7 seconds to beatmatch a track...take away the couple of seconds it takes to press the sync button and what are you actually saving...3 or 4 seconds?

ok mate, you find a club that has 4 decks to beatmatch

hence why i sync dickhead.
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spergertron

ok mate, you find a club that has 4 decks to beatmatch

hence why i sync dickhead.

which area? oh and how many clubs have traktor/controllers jarrard?

also, if you buy better music, you will only need two decks
trenthalliday +

s'up?

trenthalliday's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
9,054

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spergertron

ok mate, you find a club that has 4 decks to beatmatch

hence why i sync dickhead.

Is the dickhead really needed...??

So the real reason is because when you play out you cant have the four tracks playing at the same time because there aren't 4 cdj's? So it's not what you said earlier about it saving you time...

I dont get it...

Is it to save time, or because what you do at home can not be replicated in a club environment, rendering what you think is amazing as a completely useless skill??

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

i love people who call themself persian.
its like theyre ashamed to say theyre from iraq

Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts