Gruso +

Times thanked
< 18,010
I haev PS3 ^______^
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 16,159
$75 for a 500gb drive to go along with it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

Gruso +

Times thanked
< 18,010
Soon, v.soon.

Oh I had to pick up a token game + Bluray flick, they had sweet FA in the shop (and I didn't have time to go to a real shop - got a wedding to get to) so I grabbed the original Motorstorm, and Die Hard on Bluray.
chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

Times thanked
< 212
I hated that game.
spazmatron +

slapflapping

Times thanked
< 0

fucken awesome movie choice
I don't shoot everybody, just the drug dealers and hookers.

tunes
extra spazz - extra beef
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,344

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

I haev PS3 ^______^

the grass is greener on the ps3 side gruso

and i believe kz2 was omitted from the list of exclusive suggestions, as well as GoW (god i.e. ) unless button mashing is not your thing.. plus wipeout.

enjoy

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Blue Moon +

Sick ****el

Times thanked
< 308
Welcome Gruso. The food is good. The drinks are cold. The company is nice. It's the cool place to be. Relax...

Spoiler:
...caus you gonna be waiting a long time for all the patches and updates to download.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spazmatron View Post

yes it is, and it's $77 from EB.

the fancy edition is the only edition.

Sweet. Will make sure I grab it during my next trade in spree when I grab Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Btw, anyone else got King of Fighters 12? Picked it up last night.
http://soundcloud.com/blue-tune
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,344

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie View Post

$75 for a 500gb drive to go along with it?

just wondering what people who've changed theirs got --

my research suggested seagate momentus or wd scorpio blue. i went for the latter..

Quote:

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 18,010

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Moon View Post

Welcome Gruso. The food is good. The drinks are cold. The company is nice. It's the cool place to be. Relax...

Spoiler:
...caus you gonna be waiting a long time for all the patches and updates to download.

I may also be waiting for a new controller. >.< I'll leave it on charge for a bit and see if it starts responding.

Hang on, I'm supposed to be on my way to a wedding. Goddamn lousy weddings.
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 16,159

Quote:

Soon, v.soon.

Oh I had to pick up a token game + Bluray flick, they had sweet FA in the shop (and I didn't have time to go to a real shop - got a wedding to get to) so I grabbed the original Motorstorm, and Die Hard on Bluray.

First 'serious' bluray purchase, I recommend Bladerunner: The Final Cut - It is beyond awesome, the transfer and remastering are ridiculously well done.

If you are going to use it for movies etc too, the remote is a worthwhile addition.

Quote:

Gruso +

Times thanked
< 18,010
^ Noted

CANCEL THE HAM: Controller is fine, my charge cable was fritzed. Loads up Die Hard fine, and oh so quiet. Right, wedding.
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 18,010
FISTS WITH YOUR TOES
spazmatron +

slapflapping

Times thanked
< 0
IS CAPSLOCK COOL NOW?!

I Like Individual Capitalisation Myself, It's More Sophisticated!

+1 For BladeRunner BluRay It's Awesome. You Should Also Get The Planet Earth Collection!!!

tunes
extra spazz - extra beef
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,344

Quote:

I Like Individual Capitalisation Myself

i believe that's known as Title Case

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
spazmatron +

slapflapping

Times thanked
< 0
Oh, Education Fail Where Do I Hand In My Arts Degree?

Spoiler:
i'm thinking south australia for the 5c refund

tunes
extra spazz - extra beef
Blue Moon +

Sick ****el

Times thanked
< 308
I've been pretty slack with the bluray's. Spend too much time playing games to be able to sit down and watch a movie.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,344

Quote:

Originally Posted by spazmatron

Oh, Education Fail Where Do I Hand In My Arts Degree?

not sure they know what those are in SA so you should be right to hang on to it..

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
spanky +

2010 Year of the Tiger

Times thanked
< 41

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGroovyFcuker View Post

my research suggested seagate momentus or wd scorpio blue. i went for the latter..

Seagate Green 500gb for me
Selling my Pioneer DJM600, send me a PM if your interested

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Spank1.png
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,344

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanky View Post

Seagate Green 500gb for me

spanks when u go system info and check memory what is actual capacity?

after restoring the backup of my 40gb hdd (which was only 18gb in size) mine showed 412 / 465. o.O

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Dante +

noided noided

Times thanked
< 1,215

Quote:

I haev PS3 ^______^

Communist. (Should have gotten The Fifth Element imo)

Just read that Heavy Rain's planned DLC has been postponed.. Sony made them make the game Move compatible before allowing them to continue the story.
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,442
At least you'll actually be DOING SOMETHING when you play it.
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 16,159

Quote:

spanks when u go system info and check memory what is actual capacity?

after restoring the backup of my 40gb hdd (which was only 18gb in size) mine showed 412 / 465. o.O

The magic of the manufacturer or 'japanese' Gigabyte. where 1,000,000,000 bytes = 1 Gigabyte (10^9)

Whereas in software terms or formatted capacity we get the binary gigabyte or gigbibyte being 1,073,741,824 bytes (2^30)

The ratio of this is 0.9313

So 500x0.9313=465.65

It's a bit shit.

Quote:

The Duke +

better resolution than the real world

Times thanked
< 484

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie View Post

First 'serious' bluray purchase, I recommend Bladerunner: The Final Cut - It is beyond awesome, the transfer and remastering are ridiculously well done.

If you are going to use it for movies etc too, the remote is a worthwhile addition.

Another vote for Bladerunner: The Final Cut - it's a must have on Blu-ray

Gruso, also check out this thread-
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=266152

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitey1981 View Post

Here we shall discuss good movies that are worth watching/getting on Blu-ray.

_______
Flickr
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 16,159
the PA Sime guess what movie I just bought thread

Quote:

Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,501
Yes, he did bring it down a little... Recent news is Back to the Future will be out soon*.
Rusty_OHara +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

any of you ****s that are interested in it should pick up the new edition while it's cheap and available. i may even be around to hold your hand through the difficult times.

Hi. I'm a ****. I have Demon's Souls. Can you hold my hand?
spazmatron +

slapflapping

Times thanked
< 0
U Have Sweaty Palms

tunes
extra spazz - extra beef
Rusty_OHara +

Times thanked
< 0
You've never complained before... why now? Do you really want to hurt me?
spazmatron +

slapflapping

Times thanked
< 0
I'm Just Being Honest.

tunes
extra spazz - extra beef
Rusty_OHara +

Times thanked
< 0
It hurts
V-Tron +

hmmm

Times thanked
< 2,702

Quote:

the grass is greener on the ps3 side gruso

and i believe kz2 was omitted from the list of exclusive suggestions, as well as GoW (god i.e. ) unless button mashing is not your thing.. plus wipeout.

enjoy

Such titles weren't mentioned because they were either PSN or too recent, Gruso asked for older titles that tend to be ubiquitous at pawn shops.
"It was like he was being given a tabasco enema."
V-Tron +

hmmm

Times thanked
< 2,702

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante View Post

Communist. (Should have gotten The Fifth Element imo)

Just read that Heavy Rain's planned DLC has been postponed.. Sony made them make the game Move compatible before allowing them to continue the story.

Indefinitely at that. Which means it could be cancelled eventually. Someone on kotaku commented that it was still possible for artists and designers to work on the DLC, with the programmers filling in the Move functionality i.e. the postponement is a cop out by Quantic Dream and the DLC was never happening in the first place.
"It was like he was being given a tabasco enema."

Last edited by V-Tron: 02-Jul-10 at 07:50pm

ijed +

boulderdash

Times thanked
< 6

Quote:

PS - the split screen in lost planet 2 is fail.

yeah - couldn't really deal with the controls either. If Capcom had made it more like Monster Hunter I'd be sold.

oh and welcome Gruso to the Fold-ing@Home

Might be pre 3.15 firmware too if you need another box with linux on it but you'll miss out on the online stuff and psn so prob not worth the bother
The Duke +

better resolution than the real world

Times thanked
< 484

Quote:

I got a Western Digital (250GB), but I'm not sure which particular model. Been good to me so far.
_______
Flickr
Rusty_OHara +

Times thanked
< 0
Back to Boletaria I go... wish me luck
ijed +

boulderdash

Times thanked
< 6
cool man SL88 in NG+ at the mo

got a text chat set up if you wanna do some co-op
Rusty_OHara +

Times thanked
< 0
Just killed Phalanx.... SL88? Dude...
Bwen +

bwenbwenbwenbwenbwenbwenbwenbwen

Times thanked
< 351
Does anyone have more insight on the PS Plus thing? If I were to buy a 1month or 3 month (whatever it comes in) subscription and download the free games, then don't renew my membership do the games stay on my PS3 and playable even though I don't have a Plus account anymore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickstah

Bwen spammed this thread good.

ijed +

boulderdash

Times thanked
< 6
no the 1 year sub gives you LBP for free to keep (2gb download) but wipeout and the other one's it's "free" in the fact you can access them for free while on PSN+ but when your subscription lapses you can't anymore - so more of a leasing arrangement to try out stuff - and you could always buy them at a discount if you don't want PSN+ anymore but want to keep the game.
Bwen +

Times thanked
< 351
Ah I getcha, damn I was going to get a limited subscription get and download Wipeout HD, LBP and Fieldrunners etc

Quote:

ijed +

boulderdash

Times thanked
< 6
yeah prob gonna sign up next pay as LBP on the hard drive would be good and get a boot up more often - though hanging to check out all the new functions on LBP2 ...
Also with PSN+ any avatars and themes and stuff they give you are free to keep too ... and no doubt with the discounts and "free" stuff I'll get value out of it.

Also have u checked out the Fat Princess patch for local co-op which works on and off-line? Sounds pretty cool... There's also DLC with new classes
Bwen +

Times thanked
< 351
Yeah 3 new classes looks pretty cool, pirate, ninja and giant. I'm probably going to get the DLC content soon. I'm not getting PSN+ because I'm going to live overseas for 6 months in december so it seems like a bit of a waste at the moment

Quote:

Gruso +

Times thanked
< 18,010
This PS3 was previously owned by a full bogan. It was full of urban music, jpegs like "fuck off we're full" and lots of bikini girls, and ultra low quality divxs like Scarface. Formatted, quickly. I had older firmware (inc OtherOS) but I figured getting into some gaming & blu-ray would be more rewarding than a weekend dicking with YLD, so I'm updating now. Alas, I never knew ye.

Dropped into JB and ignored all your recommendations by picking up 3D Dot Heroes. I had Uncharted in hand, but decided to allocate monies to some flicks instead. Grabbed District 9 and Alice in Wonderland, and a media remote. No Bladerunner there. :'(
ijed +

boulderdash

Times thanked
< 6
lol nice one - 3DDGH is good with a bit of retro klunkiness you'll either find quaint or irritating.

Tower Defence mini-game on it is rather awesome and the bosses are sweet.
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 18,010
About to fire it up. In the meantime I've installed PS3 Media Server. How awesome is it!
Dante +

noided noided

Times thanked
< 1,215
I thought I knew you.
Rusty_OHara +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Dropped into JB and ignored all your recommendations by picking up 3D Dot Heroes.

Price? Thoughts later?

Quote:

I had Uncharted in hand, but decided to allocate monies to some flicks instead.

Good call. Uncharted was shite. Can't understand what people see in it. Run to area. Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo.

Spoiler:
Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area.Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Finish game.
chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

Times thanked
< 212
You can make any game sound shit by making it that basic Rusty.

Any car game: Choose race, win it, choose another race, win it, choose another race, lose, try again, win, choose another race.
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,076

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty_OHara View Post

Good call. Uncharted was shite. Can't understand what people see in it. Run to area. Shoot guys. Pick up ammo. Run to next area. Shoot guys. Pick up ammo.

Clearly delusional. Ignore at all costs Gruso.
Blue Moon +

Sick ****el

Times thanked
< 308
Uncharted isn't some marvel of innovation. It's just an extemely polished action adventure game with a half decent story. Like playing through an interactive version of a good action flick. Great fun the first time through, probably won't play it again for quite a while.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »