damn you i clicked that link!

ROMTEK your a fuck head!!! that is all

/Thread
RobCinch +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by defected819 View Post

Guys. Why is it ok to download tv shows and movies but not music?

its not, although I dont really care so much about money hungry hollywood and most tv shows are okay to download as they are normally provided the station for you to download

Romtek.. you are a goose and a stain on society
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,493 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj-romtek View Post

I said make duplicate copies of vinyl. Not burn to CD

Yes I can read. But that's not exactly an easy process...
Pro Tool +

Percussive Maintenance

Times thanked
<
Now. We're all having a big fat go at Romtek - but perhaps we can step back from crucifying the messenger for one second and take stock...

What Romtek's saying is, while far from the conventional wisdom, not particularly far outside the mainstream. The fact of the matter is that copyright and digital content are a bad mix - and at the current stage the ongoing success of the model relies on a combination of moral fortitude and technical inability amongst the masses. While Romtek's language is hardly the most elegant, and once on the defensive who's going to be lawyerly - but the fact remains that what's going on here is symbolic of a wider, emerging debate.

I'm also not saying that Romtek's views line up exactly with an educated, informed, progressive outlook. But perhaps there is a middle ground?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Australian Pirate Party

We recognise the iniquity of those seeking to prevent the development of free culture via immoral and questionable means, whilst portraying and labelling those that share information privately, and for no monetary gain, as nothing more than villainous, degenerate ‘pirates’. We seek to halt and de-construct the digital feudalism which now pervades the market, the reform of legislation that is currently manipulated to protect obsolete business models and feudalistic copyright controls.

http://www.pirateparty.org.au/faq
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,661 Times in 2,288 Posts
Yeah, but also. This is why I think it is ok to stream TV shows but it is wrong for DJs to pirate tracks

a) Producers of popular TV shows arn't going to go broke, they don't get the majority of their funding from selling box sets,
b) the majority of Australians have Foxtel and hence pay for the episodes anyway,
c) Producers of EDM may go broke, they don't get the majority of their funding from advertisers /subscribers (foxtel etc)
d) DJs can make money mixing tracks, therefore it is vital they have paid for this privalige
e ) if you want your favourite producers to keep making tracks you should support them, TV shows / movies don't really give a shit about your money, they already have amassed their support/funding by the time you even contemplate downloading an episode/movie
f) If it something you're passionate about you' should want to buy it anyway, if you don't feel this passion for the music , maybe DJing isn't for you
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Life trainwreck stories, bewbs, mod angering drug implicated posts and 2fast2furious only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mliro View Post

that’s terrible spastic
also I would imagine a little disheartening that he has never attempted to drug rape you?

CircusMidget +

De plane! De plane!

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,386 Times in 652 Posts
If romtek had linked to a pirate page of pro tool tracks, would you still be questioning a middle ground?
Catdog69Kool +

Registered Awesome

Times thanked
<
the issue for me, is using pirated anything to make money, being, DJs, people broadcasting movies, and people selling pirated DVDs

that is taking the credit for anothers creativity and work and making it your own
"I see myself as having an .aiff format shlong; its there, just nobody wants it"
Comma +

Times thanked
<
If you want a 'track' of mine to 'remix' or 'DJ'. Just ask nicely
Keyboardist for Mercurial
Acoustic Consultant
Give our second album Inertia Tides a spin here
And if you like it order our second album from JB Hi-Fi
dj-romtek +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

Yeah, but also. This is why I think it is ok to stream TV shows but it is wrong for DJs to pirate tracks

a) Producers of popular TV shows arn't going to go broke, they don't get the majority of their funding from selling box sets,
b) the majority of Australians have Foxtel and hence pay for the episodes anyway,
c) Producers of EDM may go broke, they don't get the majority of their funding from advertisers /subscribers (foxtel etc)
d) DJs can make money mixing tracks, therefore it is vital they have paid for this privalige
e ) if you want your favourite producers to keep making tracks you should support them, TV shows / movies don't really give a shit about your money, they already have amassed their support/funding by the time you even contemplate downloading an episode/movie
f) If it something you're passionate about you' should want to buy it anyway, if you don't feel this passion for the music , maybe DJing isn't for you

Does Tiesto get his cash from CD Sales? Or From His $250k a pop gig?
CircusMidget +

De plane! De plane!

Times thanked
<
Tiesto has a team of Russian surrogate mothers, who between them push out an average of 1 baby per month.
His agent then sells and trades these babies on the black market. This is also illegal remtok, so don't get any ideas thanks.
Catdog69Kool +

Registered Awesome

Times thanked
<
^ yeah but he's dutch, so nothing special there
"I see myself as having an .aiff format shlong; its there, just nobody wants it"
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CircusMidget View Post

piss off, you are not y generation. You are clearly citizen 2.0 or wiikling

no, he's just a dumb fuck. Gen Y means fuck all... I'm Gen Y and i happen to like the music i hear, so i pay for it. I also happen to own over 1,000 vinyl. yes, that's $20,000+ in music on average. and another 2,000 mp3's

Dear all, linking to illegal material after a specific warning is a temp ban offence, feel free to report posts to the moderator. ITM does not like dirty cheap fucks
step on my cubes.
Pro Tool +

Percussive Maintenance

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by CircusMidget View Post

If romtek had linked to a pirate page of pro tool tracks, would you still be questioning a middle ground?

You'll also note I was the one who deleted the link and warned the user - so my response would be the same. I hate that shit and it's wrong. Fuck, I find more of my tunes on pirate sites than I sell. My point is entirely different - it's that this is a fairly common attitude, however toxic, and no matter how much we choose to ignore it, or avoid it by discrediting the source - valid or otherwise, the fact is it remains common. Hence the Pirate Party quote (though not that I'm suggesting they're the magic bullet!) - what we've got clearly isn't working. I'm just saying that beneath all of the dust on this issue, there is still an issue.
CircusMidget +

De plane! De plane!

Times thanked
<
Fair enough, I wasn't trying to infer anything as such btw. Is just interesting to hear the point of view from a producer that I assume wouldn't have the exposure of the big names that these links often involve.
Sideshow Rod +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by slackas View Post

www.Trackitdown.net
www.Beatport.com
www.Junodownload.com
www.djdownload.com
www.hardstyle.com
www.dance-tunes.com

etc etc

I used to use a website that searched them all, and listed the prices etc etc, but i lost it :S

There are stacks more also, we collated a thread in the breaks forum of legal lsites... http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=183325

pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj-romtek View Post

Does Tiesto get his cash from CD Sales? Or From His $250k a pop gig?

Refer to point D,

Tiesto makes money mixing his own and other people's tracks, therefore it is essential he legally owns them,

The bottom line is, you obviously don't like EDM enough to want to buy it so you will probably never get good enough to get paid anyway. Good luck to you in whatever you do in life, but I don't think you should bother trying to DJ
Spoiler:

Quote:

Life trainwreck stories, bewbs, mod angering drug implicated posts and 2fast2furious only.

Quote:

that’s terrible spastic
also I would imagine a little disheartening that he has never attempted to drug rape you?

Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,493 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Tool View Post

Fuck, I find more of my tunes on pirate sites than I sell. .

That sucks doodleberrys, but I guess that's what technology has granted people to do.

p.s what is your artist name? Smashcloud??
lavelle72 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by slackas View Post

I used to use a website that searched them all, and listed the prices etc etc, but i lost it :S

http://www.choicetrax.com ??
My Mixcloud
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<
I think you have found it, thanks mate.
Tech-One
underhousearrest +

kjsdbf

Times thanked
<
I don't think the issue here is that he downloads illegal tracks, I think you guys just don't like his attitude.

When I listen to a track on beatport, generally the next thing I do is download an illegal copy. Srsly wtf is a 60 sec preveiw? If I'm gonna play the track out I want to know that the whole thing is good.

If it's good, I'll buy it. period. if not it gets trashed. My lappy is running out of space so having to trash shit tunes is a godsend.

IF you really want free music just talk to people and get yourself onto a bijillion mailing lists. Producers always want to get there music out. While it is always hit and miss, I'm always happy to give the old whitelabel a spin betweeen other tracks.

Let's face it, the reason why blogroll dj'ing is popular is because every **** out there wants to be the first among their friends to have played some cheesey track.

Ironic when you think about it.

Soundcloud

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesperoni

I use the people that hate me as a measure of my own performance as a human, if they're shit ****s then I'm on the right track.

CircusMidget +

De plane! De plane!

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by underhousearrest View Post

IF you really want free music just talk to people and get yourself onto a bijillion mailing lists. Producers always want to get there music out. While it is always hit and miss, I'm always happy to give the old whitelabel a spin betweeen other tracks.

right, so you download white labels, where do you copy paste this stuff from?
underhousearrest +

kjsdbf

Times thanked
<
You never get an email from someone going

"yo listen to this, tell me what you think"

random artist - Track ##

??

digital equiv of whitelabel imho

Soundcloud

Quote:

I use the people that hate me as a measure of my own performance as a human, if they're shit ****s then I'm on the right track.

CircusMidget +

De plane! De plane!

Times thanked
<
facepalm imho

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_label
stubs +

0.o

Times thanked
<
underhousearrest +

kjsdbf

Times thanked
<
i know what a whitelabel is...

how's your horse?

Soundcloud

Quote:

Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewjackThe2nd View Post

i once new a Irish Hip Hop mp3/Digital Dj who used to purchase 2 copies of all his tracks online lol

hah!!!

Newjack made a funny!

apart from that, this thread is fukking moronic.
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com

*musical needs most likely not met
v904 +

Times thanked
<
Great site, love the interface. Cheers for the linkup
jabbajaws +

Registerd Midget Abuser

Times thanked
<

Quote:

When I listen to a track on beatport, generally the next thing I do is download an illegal copy. Srsly wtf is a 60 sec preveiw? If I'm gonna play the track out I want to know that the whole thing is good.

If it's good, I'll buy it. period. if not it gets trashed. My lappy is running out of space so having to trash shit tunes is a godsend.

Jeez louise...
thank god you were never in the record shop on new release night. You would have seriously got a good going over if you listened to every track for it's length.
drop the needle on, scan up and down, hear the drop, listen to the sample, buy it or don't.
Please don't justify yourself by stating, first I download a pirate, then I decide if I purchase it or not.
What a load of horse cum.
And where the fuck can one find pirated vinyl? it's still $20 odd per purchase, and you cant go out and press another copy for yourself.
as per previous threads, coments and post....
A. If you download someones material without consent I.E a valid purchase or expressed permission from the artist, it IS illegal.
B. If you use said track for personal gain I.E. in ANY commercial application, djing, public broadcast, financial gain, It is illegal.

U,H.A, put it this way, would you steal a car simply for the fact you wanted to drive it, then decide if you were going to purchase one or not?

And before you say anything, yes, it is EXACTLY the same. You are taking someone elses personal property and utalising it for your own personal uses.

wait till you decide to release your own tracks and have someone rip it off from you and upload it to a server for distrubution.
See if you don't mind loosing that extra cash that could have gone into your own pocket.

I'm sure if Pro Tools could count the amount of times someone else has DL his tracks illegaly, and count it as say $1 per track, he could have some serious coin.
(sorry to use you as an example bro, but at present, you're the only artist so far that has raised such an opinion on this thread).
Have you checked out Marsh Media recently?

UPCOMING GIGS

Quote:

Originally Posted by OllieBrooke

when cueing up "Wake Me Up (Before You Go Go) by Wham I knew it was gonna go off!!!

underhousearrest +

kjsdbf

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabbajaws View Post

U,H.A, put it this way, would you steal a car simply for the fact you wanted to drive it, then decide if you were going to purchase one or not?

And before you say anything, yes, it is EXACTLY the same. You are taking someone elses personal property and utalising it for your own personal uses.

I veiw it more like a Test drive.

I understand, it's illegal. Who's enforcing any of this though? You can go through my lappy if you'd like, all my tunes are legit. I throw money at APRA/AMCOS for on the books private gigs and at the PPCA every year and no-one asks any questions.

Does that make me a hypocrite? Probably.
Did I care before right now. No

What's the point of this post again?

oh yeah, I buy music and support artists I like.

I pay the copyright nazi's so i don't get sued.

that is all

Soundcloud

Quote:

pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
<
yeah, if i'v got a stack of records it usually, 20 sec or so of intro, pick up needle , 10 sec or so of drop, then onto the next one
Spoiler:

Quote:

Quote:

that’s terrible spastic

underhousearrest +

kjsdbf

Times thanked
<
^^

I can't deal with that at all, when I go in I go in during the day on a morning.

I try to buy no more than 5 at a time

Soundcloud

Quote:

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

yeah, if i'v got a stack of records it usually, 20 sec or so of intro, pick up needle , 10 sec or so of drop, then onto the next one

Less intro, more middle of track imo...intro is just for mixing over, who cares what that really sounds like?

But yeah, doesn't take much listening time for me to know if I'm interested in a track or not...usually I know within the first few seconds of listening if I'm interested...and when it comes to records, being more selective, if I'm remotely humming or harring about it, I don't buy it.

Love it when you find those tracks where the moment you drop the needle, you're like PHOOOAAARRRR!!! BUY IT! (always check the main breakdown though)
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
prjkt +

hmmm

Times thanked
<
semi-relevant to the thread:
E-Hunt +

Times thanked
<
can i just point out that you dont even drive yet but you want a BMW 330Ci, you can clearly afford some fucking music
Euphoria85 +

Purloined! Ha, ha, Loins!

Times thanked
<
can we vote dj-romtek for troll of the year or na?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poondaddy Shortbread

Bring your daughters up properly, tell them to swalleh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnbiggs

i dont want each set to just blend into eachother as i mack some babe while her face melts.

chamz +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria85 View Post

can we vote dj-romtek for troll of the year or na?

he's go my vote

also he could be in the running for some other awards.

ITM50 2011 #1

Best Live Act: Dj Romtek (live) - by "live" I mean live streaming from YouTube

Best Festival: Romtek Only - 9 hours of Armin Only downloaded off piratebay and played by our favourite son.
catspag +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

.... why not just use youtube? the majority of tracks, remixs and edits can found "full length" on youtube and theres no need to be a
underhousearrest +

kjsdbf

Times thanked
<
quality, having 5kbps coming out of 15" loudspeakers is no fun.

/bragpost

Soundcloud

Quote:

Lindsay Jay +

Times thanked
<
I buy all my tracks, I NEED no less than 320, any less and its a joke.
Plus i feel good buying them, simple.
fackedd +

Times thanked
<
thanks for bumping this relic.
DjDennis +

bloody work again - it never ends

Times thanked
<
what is needed that most should also be looking at the copyright laws and make sure that they are ALL up to date as well

you can start by reading all these sites that involve Dj licences

www.mipi.com.au - main site to read

www.ppca.com.au - dj licences

www.aria.com.au - dj format shift licence

if your NOT licenced and are caught playing illegally - do NOT say you didnt know!!

have a nice day
DjDennis

CEO - Director/Manager/Entertainment Director
(In this crazy business for over 38+ years)

new updated urls
http://www.trebleclefdj.com.au Main Site!
http://verifydj.trebleclefdj.com.au
http://www.djdennis.com.au
Funkedub +

Times thanked
<
i think DJ Dennis might actually have some very real issues. I'll refrain from further comment in case it's true and causes offence

funkedub dot com

twistedbydesign +

grokkin it over

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkedub

I'll refrain from further comment in case it's true and causes offence

What's the point of saying anything at all then?

Playing other peoples tunes out is just as illegal as downloading them.
Where's the issue?
Beats
Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don't want
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,013 Times in 670 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkedub View Post

i think DJ Dennis might actually have some very real issues. I'll refrain from further comment in case it's true and causes offence

He's sprouting the same all over other forums as well.....he's really passionate about this licensing stuff that's for sure

Actually saying that....

Quote:

DjDennis
Banned

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:37 pm
If the Dj breaks the law then I will report

but if they did the correct thing - licences etc
then I wouldnt report them

as they say you have NO friends in Business

&

Quote:

maybe my contacts that do knock on doors can do that for me

they are in Sydney busting guys (peewee ferris was one)

anyway nice was knowing you lol

Playing at;

Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page

SHRUG

Last edited by pomrocks: 24-Jan-11 at 01:18pm

Dr Bones +

Gail's in Mensa. She reads books. For fun!

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,113 Times in 743 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hall_G View Post

I know a few young DJ's (under 18's) who have whole collections of stolen music. I hate it, but it's the reality. Not much we can really do about it though.

We could do what 90% of this forum does and complain about it constantly, rather than accepting the fact it's here to stay.

Can we can we can we can we can we can we can CAN WE?!?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzzy View Post

The music that I push in my opinion is probably a bit too mature for someone who listens to "Trance" but hey, we all have to start somewhere?

twistedbydesign +

grokkin it over

Times thanked
<
This is all very boat people.
Beats
Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don't want
DjDennis +

Times thanked
<
well looks like pomrocks is scared of something

if he wasnt he would be posting stuff to say I was the bad guy - but hey no skin of my nose
I aint the one that can be done for breaking the law

twistedbydesign thats why he keeps posting to try and defend illegal activity

I would be ignoring him and going the legal way incase your caught with your pants down
but thats what pomrocks wants, is to have djs break the law

have a nice day

oh PS looks like Funkdub is also running scared
DjDennis

new updated urls
Funkedub +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by twistedbydesign View Post

What's the point of saying anything at all then?

Playing other peoples tunes out is just as illegal as downloading them.
Where's the issue?

the problems i was thinking of are/were mental

funkedub dot com

pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,013 Times in 670 Posts
Dennis, your intentions arent exactly good, you're on here looking to catch people out & report them (as this is what youé already claimed you'd do)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjDennis View Post

well looks like pomrocks is scared of something

if he wasnt he would be posting stuff to say I was the bad guy - but hey no skin of my nose
I aint the one that can be done for breaking the law

twistedbydesign thats why he keeps posting to try and defend illegal activity

I would be ignoring him and going the legal way incase your caught with your pants down
but thats what pomrocks wants, is to have djs break the law

have a nice day

oh PS looks like Funkdub is also running scared

again, i'll refer you to this from PPCA;

Quote:

I run a nightclub - isn't the DJ already covered?

If the nightclub is properly licensed, then any DJ working solely in that club or any other properly licensed club does not need to take out a separate licence in their own right. If, however, the DJ is either a mobile DJ operator or plays in unlicensed premises, then a separate DJ licence is required.

So reading this, if a DJ plays in a licensed venue they dont need an individual license?
Playing at;

Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page

SHRUG
DjDennis +

Times thanked
<
ok you do what you like

when your caught and the dj is caught
dont say no one told you

they change the rules these days to SUIT the MIPI, the PPCA, ARIA etc no the dj or the club

but hey you read an old licence then thats fine
you should be making sure thru a lawyer your safe and not breaking any copyright laws

but it seems you have no idea only 1/4 of whats happening out there

have a nice day
DjDennis

new updated urls
Page 3 of 4
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »