Sport and Fitness

Wrestling Thread (Raw/Smackdown/TNA etc)

Tools
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,914
I havent watched WWE in eons, but i flicked it on by accident yesterday afternoon cos I have home sick from work and there he was on the TV... What a blast!

"You cant she me"

fuck he looks massive too
"My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence"

#BRTG
midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

Times thanked
< 2,610
THE JABRONI BEATING
A-LA-LA-LA-LA PIE EATING
TRAIL BLAZING
EYEBROW RAISING
TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF THE BRAKE AND HIT THE GAS
ALWAYS READY TO WHOOP SOME ASS
THE PEOPLES CHAMP
THE ROCK

Last edited by midian: 18-Feb-11 at 08:36am

Vote Quimby +

Mr Canada

Times thanked
< 2,089
That was all kinds of awesome.
s2n-mikey +

now who'd like a cookie?

Times thanked
< 1
Switched it on by accident the other day with perfect timing, as they were announcing the host..

Fucking loved it!
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 416

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanBuurenisGod View Post

"You cant she me"

that was a crack up he had some awesome ones for Cena, last time someone was burned that hard... about 7 years ago
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

Times thanked
< 3,674

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattpolo8 View Post

all the rage on wwe forums seem to believe he is actually back for good. this could be massive.

hope he does come back for good but i doubt it through we can dream can't we
mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 256
well tbh i cant see how he can turn around and say "i give you my word..that i am never leaving". it's gotta mean something right? i'll take part time wrestling anyday.

just watched another replay of episode..goosebumps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

shut the fuck up fag they are both money freaks

TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 416
actually yep, lying to the fans is best way to go from face to heel

he was reaaaally good as the bad guy too.
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,462
Okay, watched the Rocks Raw episode and the latest Smackdown. Midian this whole wrestling thing has seriously gone downhill since the Attitude era. Who the fuck are these guys? They are terrible. CM Punk? What the fuck? He looks like a bloke who collects trolleys at a shopping centre. I watched him cut a demo, it's even more wooden than his wrestling. I'll watch Mania but I'm not watching this shit.
midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

Times thanked
< 2,610
In general Monday Night Raw is total horse shit, unless you're a die hard fan don't waste your time with it unless there's something really good on it (i.e. The Rock). Basically, and I think I posted this elsewhere in this thread, Raw is basically the sell Cena/Orton merchandise show. It's the same shit every week, Cena/Orton get beat up then miraculously win with a attitude adjustment/RKO and all the kids cheer and go buy more tshirts/dvds.

Smackdown is 10 times better as its more focused on wrestling and good storylines/angles and has a much, much better roster than Raw. You probably picked the worse week to watch it though as it was a special edition (600th episode) and they had all the plebs from Raw on the show, although the Ziggler thing this week was pretty good.

But yeah, attitude era is looooong gone, the company knows they lost most of the viewers of that era to UFC/TUF so now it's all about making the company as profitable as possible to everyone else (kids/women etc). Then again, WWE had big declines in most profit centers last year so maybe Rock coming back is a shift to a new programming direction. One thing that gives me that idea is they didn't censor Rocks promo at all in any of the repeats on Superstars/Smackdown etc so maybe they're thinking of going back to attitude era broadcasting.

TNA are doing their best to completely rip off the attitude era at the moment (blood/swearing/high risk shit), so check out Impact if you like. I can't get into it as I just don't like their roster but loads of other people rate it.
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,462
Most fans left because of the talent the WWE invested in.
I realise you can't keep watching Hulk Hogan go around every week but all these new guys have no persona what so ever.
Maybe it was just an amazing generation but there is no guy in the current roster so far that I've seen that is anything near good.
I bet you fans would come back if there was something worth coming back for.
It says something when people get more excited in the Royal Rumble about Booker T being in it than the actual event itself!
For more information on this post, visit kotaku.com.au/tags/grand-theft-auto-v/
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,462
Anyways, will check out today's PPV and report back.
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

Times thanked
< 3,523

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitey1981 View Post

Maybe it was just an amazing generation but there is no guy in the current roster so far that I've seen that is anything near good.

i agree. about the closest ive seen was when ric flair, triple h, randy orton and batista were all doing the evolution thing and ended up turning on each other. that one reached some heights, i thought anyway.
not too long after that they had a big smackdown vs raw thing going on at summerslam, culmiating in the undertaker coming back for randy and reigniting that whole thing.

those are the best bits ive seen in a long time now, i guess they were just getting to the point where all the dudes were getting too old and had to bring in new young guys who unfortunately are just big balls of muscle and not much else in most cases.

will watch today's elimination chamber, that is always an awesome ppv anyway. bit more interested in it all after rocky came back.

just quietly... is it just me, or does bringing bret hart, the rock, and now the recently retired shawn michaels out of retirement smack of desperation, just a little?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

Go fuck yourself, Daniel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

Dan is wise and true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

the fuck kind of name is danmowfive

RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
< 3,674
Hopefully the rock will be tonights episode of raw
midian +

Times thanked
< 2,610
OK, so, watched Elimination Chamber last night and... (the rest in spoiler tags in case anyone still wants to watch it)

Spoiler:
Cena winning the Raw event means there's virtually NO chance that he will be facing The Rock @ Mania because he'll be competing against Miz for the WWE Championship. That more than likely means that The Rocks main involvement @ Mania will be the "special guest referee" of the main event and will probably get involved with a few of his trademark moves and help one of them win. That goes along with what Rock said at his Raw promo that he'll be seeing Cena and Miz at Mania. Unless there's some mega-twist with the match becoming a three-way, which i very much doubt, it's bad news for anyone hoping to see Rock work a full match again (like me). I guess it was kind of expected though

The Smackdown elimination chamber event was 100% awesome. In fact, it was one of the best matches I've seen in ages and for a match that went well over one hour that's a great effort. If you're a casual fan, it's worth torrenting for this match alone.

No surprise that Miz beat Lawler as there was no way in hell they'd let Lawler headline Mania. The other matches weren't too bad either, Del Rio won over Kingston and Slater/Gabriel beat Morello/Kozlov to win the tag titles. There was also a run in by Trish Stratus during a beat down of Kelly Kelly by Lay Cool

So the Mania card (so far) is:

Miz vs Cena for the WWE Championship (100% sure this will be guest referee'd by The Rock)
Edge vs Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship
Slater/Gabriel vs ??? for the Tag Championship
Eve vs ??? for the Divas Championship (my bet is Kelly Kelly)
Kingston vs ??? for the Intercontenental Championship
Daniel Brian vs ??? for the US Championship
Undertaker vs ??? for the streak (rumor is it's Wayde Barret)
+ the Money in the Bank ladder match and 1 or 2 other mid-card events

Also Undertaker returns on Raw tonight, possibly Triple H as well, so probably worth catching this episode.

Last edited by midian: 22-Feb-11 at 11:36am

RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
< 3,674

Quote:

Originally Posted by midian View Post

OK, so, watched Elimination Chamber last night and... (the rest in spoiler tags in case anyone still wants to watch it)

Spoiler:
Cena winning the Raw event means there's virtually NO chance that he will be facing The Rock @ Mania because he'll be competing against Miz for the WWE Championship. That more than likely means that The Rocks main involvement @ Mania will be the "special guest referee" of the main event and will probably get involved with a few of his trademark moves and help one of them win. That goes along with what Rock said at his Raw promo that he'll be seeing Cena and Miz at Mania. Unless there's some mega-twist with the match becoming a three-way, which i very much doubt, it's bad news for anyone hoping to see Rock work a full match again (like me). I guess it was kind of expected though

The Smackdown elimination chamber event was 100% awesome. In fact, it was one of the best matches I've seen in ages and for a match that went well over one hour that's a great effort. If you're a casual fan, it's worth torrenting for this match alone.

No surprise that Miz beat Lawler as there was no way in hell they'd let Lawler headline Mania. The other matches weren't too bad either, Del Rio won over Kingston and Slater/Gabriel beat Morello/Kozlov to win the tag titles. There was also a run in by Trish Stratus during a beat down of Kelly Kelly by Lay Cool

So the Mania card (so far) is:

Miz vs Cena for the WWE Championship (100% sure this will be guest referee'd by The Rock)
+ the Money in the Bank ladder match and 1 or 2 other mid-card events

Also Undertaker returns on Raw tonight, possibly Triple H as well, so probably worth catching this episode.

Dam That should be good both of them coming back on the same night epic,
Spoiler:

I have a feeling it with cena vs miz and rock ref that will be an epic match with both in the same match,

can't wait for undertaker to come back and beat the hell out of barret, he's so darn annoying, still can't belive there two different forces on raw and sd, The core and nexus, what a joke, hope the rock bag the hell out them.

Last edited by RaVeR_SpIkE: 22-Feb-11 at 11:50am

midian +

Times thanked
< 2,610
Spoiler:
Actually, I can see it now, as Raw matches are so predictable. Cena vs Miz with Rock refereeing, Cena dominates Miz for 10 mins, Nexus and Punk interfere with the match, Rock takes them out with a few Rock Bottoms on the Nexus and People's Elbow on Punk, Alex Riley cheapshots Cena while this is happening, Rock doesn't see it, Miz pins him, Rock counts, Miz wins, Rock realises what happens and drops Miz and Riley, Rocks music plays while he takes the belt and mounts the corner post, Mania over, fans go home happy because they got to see Rock do a few things.

Just remember, I called it here first
TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

Times thanked
< 6,109
without spoilers... is it worth watching?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc
midian +

Times thanked
< 2,610
Depends on your internet cap. The Smackdown Chamber match was 100% awesome. In fact, yeah it was one of the best matches I've seen in ages and for a match that went well over one hour that's a great effort. If you've got 1.3 gigs to burn, it's worth torrenting for this match alone.

The rest of it is fairly average with the odd decent bit here and there, but it does set out much of the plan for Wrestlemania. No guest appearance by Rock, in case anyone was thinking of downloading just for that.
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
< 3,674

Last edited by RaVeR_SpIkE: 22-Feb-11 at 02:40pm

midian +

Times thanked
< 2,610
Something is definitely changing at WWE - butter wouldn't melt in his mouth Cena went back to his rapper gimmick at the end of Raw and just delivered a very NOT pg rated promo to answer The Rock from last week. Attitude is coming back?

Holy shit, I can't believe I just enjoyed a Cena promo
mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 256
meh i didnt really find it funny/interesting

taker v triple h....HUGE. will be all kinds of awesome. love it when 2 goodies battle each other, always turns into an epic match. will definitely buy wrestlemania this year.

Quote:

midian +

Times thanked
< 2,610
Yeah but it's more the fact that Cena, face of the child-friendly WWE, was on TV telling rock to polish his balls/calling him gay/telling him to blow him etc etc

Taker vs HHH will be great, I've always thought HHH is quite limited as a wrestler but Taker can make *anyone* look good in the ring. I'm just not getting my hopes up as there's no way it will be the same kind of epic match that the last two Taker/Michaels matches were.

Updated mania card:

Miz vs Cena for the WWE Championship (Guest referee'd by The Rock)
Undertaker vs HHH
Randy Orton vs CM Punk
Big Show vs Ezekiel Jackson
Jerry Lawler vs Michael Cole
+ Money in the Bank ladder match
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,462
Is there any stipulations for the HHH v Taker match?
mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 256
i think it'll just be all about the 'streak'

Quote:

Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,462
Cool.
Have watched last week's RAW and Smackdown.
Loving that Booker T is the colour commentator (no racial).
Have Elimination Chamber and this weeks RAW and Smackdown for the weekend.

All signs point to yeah.
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
< 3,674

Quote:

not as of yet find out later today

The rock responses to cena Tonight, can't wait for this , its going be awesome seeing rock dishing out on cena
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 416
after all of the zingers he pulled out last time i'm surprised he can even find anything new... that's where the Rock was always special though Cen's going to look stoopid after tonight.
midian +

Times thanked
< 2,610

Quote:

Apparently there are no career stipulations for Taker vs HHH this year, but who knows if they'll change their mind. There was lots of talk that Shawn Michaels would be guest referee for the fight giving the angle that he’s HHH’s best mate and obviously holds a grudge for losing twice at Mania to Taker, so Taker would almost be in a 2 on 1 handicap match of sorts as there’s no way he’d get fair refereeing.

The Rock coming back has apparently shelfed that idea as they don’t want to do two guest referees in the one night and Rock will be a bigger draw card than HBK as guest referee, but again who knows.

There's a bit more gossip on how that's meant to build, it’s buried in spoiler tags (below) – read at your own risk because it possibly has a few Mania spoilers and it may ruin the hype for you, obviously…

Spoiler:
The plan, as far as I’ve read, is for Taker to win clean over HHH this year to set it up for Mania next year. The 2012 stipulation will be double career vs streak – if HHH loses he retires and if Undertaker wins he retires undefeated at 20-0 at Mania. Apparently they both want to retire after the next Mania and Taker and HHH have agreed this is how they’ll do it as a part of a long angle, so this is how WWE will send them both out – and it will be huge for PPV buys too.

On to The Rock, apparently his deal is a big contract that does include at least one match. Apparently Mania is meant to be just the beginning of a long 12 month Cena vs Rock angle, so you can guess that means that Rock is going to screw Cena out of the WWE title at Mania (or at least try to) and build the fued. Apparently it was meant to conclude with Rock vs Cena as the main event at next years Mania which would make a huge event with the Taker/HHH retirement match, but apparently the bigger than expected amount of media/public interest that came from Rock returning and the unpredictability of Rocks movie schedule means they’re looking to push the match forward and it will happen at Summerslam this year.

That’s from some wrestling news websites, but take it with a grain of salt as who knows whether its right or not.

Last edited by midian: 01-Mar-11 at 11:35am

RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
< 3,674
Just saw rocks message to cena omfg cena got owned
TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

Times thanked
< 6,109
link?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
< 3,674
http://vids.wwe.com/index.php/video/.../806947042001/
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,462
Posting for Avatar.
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
< 3,674

Quote:

Posting for Avatar.

got my new Avatar
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
http://wheresrandysavage.tumblr.com/

Fucking lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 256
the rock back
taker v triple h
stone cold on next week

oh lordy..this is the goods

Quote:

TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 416
really! that's awesome, i have Stone Cold down as the best ever... what day is that on?
mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 256
he's hosting raw next week

Quote:

Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,462
Am still watching... didn't think the Rocks promo last week was as good as his first one.

Pumped for this week and Stone Cold.

WHAT?
Rocca +

Query: Do you feel lucky, meatbag?

Times thanked
< 133
saw some of smackdown after work the other day, that santino guy is classic
OH MMM TRANCE?

https://soundcloud.com/philby/phillip-bourne-july-2012

RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
< 3,674

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattpolo8 View Post

the rock back
taker v triple h
stone cold on next week

oh lordy..this is the goods

so glad wwe has came good with the wwe superstar for mania

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyShaun View Post

really! that's awesome, i have Stone Cold down as the best ever... what day is that on?

Its Wednesday on fox 8 on Foxtel, repeated on saturday

Quote:

Am still watching... didn't think the Rocks promo last week was as good as his first one.

Pumped for this week and Stone Cold.

WHAT?

i really like rocks promo , wonder what cenna will come back with , Can't wait see stone cold tonight he made wwe epic back to day, could't stop lauging when he caused mayhem epsially for with Vance
midian +

Times thanked
< 2,610

Quote:

I actually thought the second promo was much better than the first. The first promo was great, but it was kinda “hey, I’m back, and I’m going to pack every single catch phrase I used in my WWF career into the one promo” – like a classics collection or something.

The second promo was classic Rock taking it to someone, really laying into them without the need to pull out all of his classic phrases to be effective. Some parts were much funnier than the first one.

I guess the real problem is that The Rocks promos are never really good when taped, he’s the kind of person that really thrives with the crowd energy so he needs to be on stage when delivering. Too many times the crowd wanted to chant and he wasn’t able to hold for it which would have made it much better. Plus he was copping big heat from the crowd for not being there in person too. They should have him live at least every fortnight between now and Mania I reckon.

Looking forward to Stone Cold tomorrow, how epic would it be if the show finished with Rock and Austin squaring up? one can dream
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,070
Here's hoping for Rock to come out at the start of WM and cut a massive promo, then dish out a few Rock Bottoms and people's elbows on some jobbers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,070
Lol best site ever!!!

Wanna see the cold hard proof that you're getting older?

Current Savage:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
< 3,674
Spoiler:
Annnoying cole got owned by stone Cold couldn't stop laughing, Jerry Lawer vs Micheal Cole , with special Ref Stone Cold Steve Austin Fuck yeah , wm is going be massive

Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,462
Spoiler:
Shit yeah, loved Stone Cold! Hasn't lost it at all. Would love to see him back semi-regularly. Midian, what's the gossip?
JBL might come back? Must say I liked Bradshaw more as an Acoloyte, 'we need beer money' lulz.

Also, watched the latest TNA PPV where Hardy won, don't rate it. Has the same vibe I didn't like in WCW, where it was all guys that werent good enough for or had issues with WWE.
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,462
Media Player
YouTube
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
< 3,674
Epic best raw ive seen in ages
Rocca +

Query: Do you feel lucky, meatbag?

Times thanked
< 133
loved that clip of austin smacking out cole and jbl
what happened this week?
OH MMM TRANCE?

https://soundcloud.com/philby/phillip-bourne-july-2012

RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
< 3,674
a few average episode of raw lately next weeks episode is going to epic the rock and cena, i still can't believe the fucked miz has been coping the rocks moves, and i really hope the rock smackdowns the miz back down to earth and how him how it all done , what a fuckhead he really is,

Last edited by RaVeR_SpIkE: 26-Mar-11 at 01:15pm

« Previous Thread Next Thread »