The DJ Booth

Behringer DDM4000 Mixer Problems

Tools
jdmlvn +

Times thanked
<
Behringer DDM4000 Mixer Problems
hey guys i bought an Behringer DDM4000 18 months ago just for home use and now its showing signs of serious wear and tear.

ive already searched up on google and there arent many topics on ddm4000 problems which fits my case.

this mixer is used approx. 5-6 hours a week some occasional scratching with gives the cross fader abit of abuse.

the 2 problems:

1. Channels 2 and 3, which was used for the first 17 months of its life, now shows signs of crackling through the audio, every once in a while, i would say it crackles twice every minute for about 1-2 seconds.

2. Cross Fader - when it is set to 'scratch mode' it doesnt cut out the sound completely, it sometimes will, for example, while scratching through a 32beat phrase, the scratch vinyl im using will not cut out when i want it to 3/4 of the time of the scratch period, when the crossfader is assigned to cut out audio from Channel 3 (which is my vinyl turntable with a scratch vinyl). it will continually to play the audio through the master audio.

ive watched youtube videos and the review video says that every fader is an optical fader, and it is less likely for the faders to 'bleed'. this was the selling point for me when choosing mixers.

if i have not clearly explained the problems, just ask me any questions and ill be more elaborate..

ive now opted to using channels 1 and 4 for the time being, and just not bothering to scratch.

so itmers, what seems to be the diagnosis to my problems?

Last edited by jdmlvn: 30-Jul-10 at 11:15pm

jdmlvn +

Times thanked
<
i cant believe it, the crossfader issue is resolved !!

i was browsing youtube for videos on cleaning crossfaders, and most of them use compressed air in a can to blast all the dust within the faders.

i just took out my cross fader, and blew air from my mouth on to remove the dust that was built up, and hey presto! that issue is resolved.

ill probably head down to bunnings tommorow night and buy a can of compressed air and clean all my faders and see if the crackling issue is resolved!

check back tomorow night guys
deejaydee +

Times thanked
<
Nice one mate, hope it works out for you!
djrobbooke +

Times thanked
<
Hey nice work! I am hoping this resolves my issue too! When I get back in town to my mixer I am taking my air to the mixer! I am now using 2 and 3 as channel 1 has completely gone silent.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »