House, Techno and Progressive

'Our Man' Donato Dozzy

Tools
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
'Our Man' Donato Dozzy

Best techno DJ going around at the moment? Probably.

I would like to claim him as 'my man' Donato Dozzy but I think Chris Disco would assassinate me for it. So in the interests of self preservation I will keep it inclusive.

Like so many others I would not have a clue who he is if it was not for another fine RA Podcast. One of the most satisfying things about Donato is the fact that he is Italian and is the leader of a generation (for lack of a better word) of cutting edge Italian techno and deep house DJs and producers.

It is deffinately the ethnic blood in my veins that sways me towards taking a greater interest in EDM DJs and producers from the home-land (which has been a practice that has more often than not exposed an imbarrasingly immature Italian EDM scene). It is with pride that we can claim Donato as genuinely one of the best going around.

There is not much more to say so I will let the music do the rest.

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/donatodozzy

Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/artist/donato+dozzy

Last edited by carramrod: 25-Jul-09 at 05:12pm

carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
The Mixes
Tra

RA105 - Donato Dozzy, 2.06.2008

Quote:

Tracklist:

01. Planetary Assault System - The Dream (Original Mix) [Peacefrog]
02. Planetary Assault System - The Electric funk machine (Original Mix) [Peacefrog]
03. Mike Parker & Donato Dozzy - Excavations (Original Mix) [Donato Dozzy Records]
04. Riley Reinhold - Lights in My Eyes (Original Mix) [MBF]
05. Function Isolation - Isotope (Original Mix) [Dandwell District]
06. Donato Dozzy & Mike Parker - Excavations (Original Mix) [Donato Dozzy Records]
07. Imek - Elirios (Original Mix) [Apnea]
08. Max Cavalerra - Der weg Zur Sonne (Original Mix) [Karmarouge]
09. Mike Parker - Light & Dark Part 4 (Original Mix) [Ld004]
10. Minilogue - Space Ep (Original Mix) [Traum]
11. Dj Galax - Ruido & Colorismo (Original Mix) [Cara]
12. Jens Zimmermann - Blub (Original Mix) [International Freakshow]
13. Cio Dor - Psst! (Original Mix) [Motoguzzi]
14. Marc Romboy vs. Stephan Bodzin - Puck (Original Mix) [Herzblut]
15. Planetary Assault System - The Dream [Peacefrog]

mnml ssgs mix 014 ft Donato Dozzy @ Labyrinth Festival 2008 (Part001, Part002 & Part003)

Edit: More Mixes to Come

Last edited by carramrod: 26-Jul-09 at 11:34am

carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
The man and his thoughts
Donato Dozzy Interview

Quote:

L-am prins pe Donato Dozzy la o vorba la Artmosferic Festival in Bulgaria, pe varful muntelui, la 5 dimineata, la zero grade, imbracati in haine de toamna timpurie, incalziti de vodca si de setul sau technoid si tripant la maximum.

How does this music go with the nature?

This music goes with the nature, thats the point. If it depended just on me, I would have made only parties in open air. The music has to take its time. Certain sounds need to be in touch with the sky, with the stars and people need to know that. When you are inside of a club, it can be the best club in the world, but you cannot see the stars, you cannot really put the hands up of your head and just feel the touch with something. Also in some clubs there are a lot of people smoking, I do smoke too, but after 3-4 hours in a club I can not breath properly. Its also a question of regenerating our body. When we are outside we have a different understanding of the sound, because our brain, whatever we do, its still clear, we are breathing good air in a perfect environment. I guess a good sound system its all we need.

Why do you hate minimal house?

I hate things without a kind of personality, just made because it is a kind of trend. Im not angry because of the music, but because of a lazy attitude of some people that just follow some trends instead of using the brain, creating something genuine, pure. You can say that not everybody can do that, but I say that everybody can do that. If they just made their own story, they wouldnt have so much pressure to get a release and become popular. Its not all about that; its all about the message you spread.

What message do you spread?

Enjoy some sounds and find your own way in this. Nothing special. I know the music its a very powerful therapy and instead of talking bullshit around, sometimes its better just to stay home and listen to some good music, relax, come down and take things for better aspects. I started smiling to music, while making the music, while listening to music from other people. It was really important, because that gave me good feelings and in that way I was able to transfer my feelings to other people. Its a kind of chain reaction. When I hear things that dont give me any feeling, I prefer to do something else. Thats why I hate the trends.

Attak Records 1995

How do you build your sets? They follow a tripy atmosphere thread; is it just my imagination?

No, its also mine. I do it basically for the pleasure of giving satisfaction to me as well as to the others. There are so many different influences; I listen from psychedelic rock to classical music. I used to listen to good trance, when it was good trance. In the early 90s in Italy there was a fucking scene it was amazing. But then, suddenly, something stopped it; there was Plastikman that was giving me good feelings. I play Plastikman in my sets; the old tracks give me goose bumps. Another one I play really often is from the same period of magicians and is called Emanuel Top. Especially when is open air I cant help myself and I need to play Emanuel Top. Like a characteristic he has, there is the time, his tracks are always long, 8-10 minutes and are always up building, going down, then up building again, people just go crazy and I go crazy with it. I 100 percent have a passion for tripy music, it doesnt matter the BPM and it matters to be tripy.

What other artists do you enjoy?

One that always influenced me, because he is also older then me its Mike Parker. He lives alone, he is an art teacher in Buffalo University and he makes crazy analog music that is just timeless. We are good friends. I was just a big fan before 4 years ago when I decided to write him an email, I told him Hey, there is something going on, you have to know. He was kind of surprised then he answered me once again and then I sent him some music of mine. And he was excited. So thats how from a mutual respect started some kind of friendship that now we are still having. Every year he comes to visit me in Italy, he takes holidays from university and comes to make analog experiments with me. I am lucky, because the people I esteem the most as human beings and as musicians are the people I am working with.

What do you think about Italian minimal?

Its a sort of recipe that Italians use. Its a direct consequence of the German minimal. But the German minimal was made at the right time. On the other hand there is another scene, which is completely another story, it comes from the experience of Marco Carola. In fact he has nothing to do with the Italian minimal scene, but he is leading a separate music movement which is based in Naples. Other representative names for this scene are Rino Cerrone and Danilo Vigorito. But minimal its something that is related to neighbors. There are just them doing this type of sound. Im not interested in it anymore, but there was a period I was really interested in what they were spreading.

What are you into now?

I make from trance to psychedelic techno; its all about the mood. I hear so many different styles and I produce different things, but always in the same mood. At the moment I am crossing new productions that are stimulating me quite a bit, plus a whole stuff that I collect. I have a huge collection like 10.000 records, so I always change, I always like to make an interactions between the old records and the new things, in a way that for you its just a trip, but you dont know what is new, what is old, it doesnt matter.

Is the old music better than the new one?

No, I think there are just some periods when the people are just more conscious and there is a wave. There is something you can feel, its shocking, its getting inside of you and its a sound you cannot forget. Then it comes a natural period of death. Like there are no ideas, you feel that there is no music that is giving you the right emotions. I had this feeling around 2007, I was looking around for music and I was hearing the same minimal shit and I was going crazy. So also my DJ sets were poor, I couldnt feel the real touch.

What is the real touch?

Its when you feel secure. When you open your bag and you know exactly what you have to do. Which is for sure, on one side, an emotional side that depends just on me and on my state of mind. But on the other hand because I also feel power in the records I have, through which I can directly transfer my emotions to the crowd and take them back.

Artmospheric Festival Bulgaria

What music did you grow up with?

There is the rock music aspect that is very powerful in my experience so I grew up with Who, listening to the Tommy album I dont know how many times, then of course Pink Floyd. There is also the more electronic aspect, which is Georgio Moroder, my absolute idol. I liked that type of disco that was very electronic, it had a dreamy aspect and it was absolutely catching me. Then I started developing every influence Ive got, but then I needed to know more about the people that go deep, more underground on this scene, so I became a big fan of the Spaceman 3, this type of electronic psychedelic things made with real instruments, with guitars and feedbacks. I used to eat a lot of trip hop too.

How do you feel about the disco revival?

You said revival and this is the right word. Its something like lets bring it to the scene and lets show it to them. Of course the revival can have a good aspect, but not in all.

Do you DJ for a living?

Now yes, but before I was also studying political science. Im officially a doctor in this. I had options; I could get into an Embassy and be related to my studies. But in the end things started working well with music because I got in the right club in Rome, Brancaleone, where I have a residency for 11 years now. That gave me a kind of financial stability and the possibility to get to know other DJs and start learning from other artists that had more experience then me.

From who did you learn?

My real teachers were two Italian DJs from Rome that were very known in the 70s and 80s playing disco music. They were brotheres, Peter and Paul Micioni. They just took me inside of a club when I was a kid; he was always protecting me from the dirty things and just giving me the passion for the music. This was while being in school. Also during that time I started playing music in the studios, learning the approach: to stay in the studio, to make the music. I had good people that stayed behind me, good examples to follow. Now Im 38, its about 20 years in the clubs.

How did you hook up with Wagon Repair?

I am a good friend with Mathew Jonson since years. We started being friends for the same reason me and Mike Parker had a friendship: I was fascinated with his music, around 2003-2004 and he got some of my music and he was absolutely enthusiastic about it. So I invited him in Rome, spent one week together, spent some time in the town at the Brancaleone and we just started being friends and we are still friends. So he decided to invite me to perform in some parties he organized with Wagon Repair, plus having some releases with him.

How did you get the residency at Panorama Bar?

I moved to Berlin because I was not satisfied with what I was getting in Rome, where there are good individuals, good producers, but there is no real connection among people. So I was really alone, about 34 years old, I needed some new inputs, experience, new friends and new exchange of information. I stayed in Berlin for three years. I moved in 2004 and I immediately started to be a resident at the Panorama Bar, because they heard a set of mine that was recorded maybe two years before, at another party, in Italy. I found myself I didnt even know what the Panorama Bar was. Which was good in fact, because at the first gig I was not nervous because of such a big and good place. I went there with an absolutely normal mood and I had a great thing. From that moment I started playing every month regularly and they never booked me earlier then 7-8 in the morning, I was just playing at after hours, for 6-7 hours.

How many German words did you know after 3 years?

I lived in Kreuzberg, then in Prenzlaurberg with my equipment and some friends. I didnt learn any German. Maybe guten abend. All the community of friends I was in was talking mainly English, because the Germans were just a few numbers. There were Canadians, people from South Africa and every side of the globe. So I improved my Iranian, there were a lot of Iranian people.

How did Berlin change you?

It changed me because I used to meet people and friends that were completely out from the Italian culture, which is a kind of nice and funny culture for some aspects, but it brings people on a lazy attitude a little bit. I needed to meet different cultures. I was speaking another language in a cool way and I was able to interact with other people, I met so many good musicians and so very good human beings. But, as I said, it wasnt only about the music culture and the club scene, which were there everyday.

Why did you leave Berlin?

I left because it was enough. After three years I said now its time to go back to Italy, I know what I have to do, I will keep my friends, I also have friends waiting for me in Italy. I just needed the nature of Italy, I needed to go back to make my music.

Are you as popular in Italy as you are outside?

This is a strange thing, because it says something about the Italian attitude. When I came back from Berlin people felt that I had a kind of added value, which was not true, because it has always been me, I have always been there. But somehow you come from a foreign place and you look more precious. But nothing changed really. I am just getting some offers to play at festivals, nice things, like in July at Electrowave, in Tuscany. I am performing with Marcel Dettmann for I dont know how many hours, till 8 in the morning. In the other room there is live performance from the Kraftwerk and Aphex Twin. So its like wow, I finally get recognized in Italy for my work, which is something that came after 15 years of production.

What are you working on now?

I had stopped working for four moths because I moved all my equipment and I built up a new studio in Rome. This got me completely busy. So now I am working to the final setup of the studio, I have to get used to the sound to be able to make some releases. I just made a release on my Aquaplano label that I share with Manuel Nuel - aquaplano 1111 - so we are now making a limited edition of some vinyl that will be out during the year. Then for sure something is going on Wagon Repair soon. Also coming soon there is a coproduction with Cio DOr called Mentaon Time to Express, then another coproduction with Lerosa on Apnea Records, that will happen after the summer. In September will be a new release of the Aguaplano limited series, with a solo from Nuel.

Whats your favorite gear?

Roland TR-808 drum machine. If I were on the top of a tower and I had to throw down the 808 or the 909, I would throw the 909. So my absolutely favorite type of synthesizer is the Roland TB 303. I have two of this. One is original and one it has a small modification, which is something very tricky that helps to build up terrible sounds.

Posted in interviu on June 1st, 2009 by fresh

Source

Last edited by carramrod: 25-Jul-09 at 02:13pm

Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
< 98

Quote:

Originally Posted by carramrod

Best techno DJ going around at the moment? Probably.

I would like to claim him as 'my man' Donato Dozzy but I think Chris Disco would assassinate me for it. So in the interests of self preservation I will keep it inclusive.

ha ha. very wise of you...

excellent thread idea. i fully agree. truly amazing dj and an inspirational person. definitely the best dj around for me. his labyrinth set last year was so special. it kills me i will miss him this year at the same party...

also check this mix, one of the best i've heard in 2009:

http://www.bleep43.com/podcast/2009/...ato-dozzy.html

got some other mixes, will try to dig them up...

unfortunately i don't think he has the profile down under yet, but it would be great to see him play in australia.

great thread!
http://mnmlssg.blogspot.com/
deep audio +

blah!

Times thanked
< 113
yea i will highly second that! awesome talent!
Without music, life would be a mistake.
chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

Times thanked
< 212
I endorse this thread.
benkanemill +

Bitch

Times thanked
< 33
Yep, his RA podcast was insane. Definitely not got the 'status' down here yet...but that'll probably change, especially if the man keeps going the way he is.
Soundcloud
Kana Mat +

Times thanked
< 0
i don't know of him, will have listen now.
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
< 98

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kana Mat

i don't know of him, will have listen now.

he is playing in japan at labyrinth in middle of september, then the following week in tokyo at the exit labyrinth party with peter van hoesen. pretty much the best parties ever.
Kana Mat +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Disco

he is playing in japan at labyrinth in middle of september, then the following week in tokyo at the exit labyrinth party with peter van hoesen. pretty much the best parties ever.

thanks to you for this information which is very nice, i may have disagree about labyrinth parties, however, just different opinions.

Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
< 98

Quote:

thanks to you for this information which is very nice, i may have disagree about labyrinth parties, however, just different opinions.

i've only been to one labyrinth, which was last year, and it was the best party i've been to. amazing performances, unbelievable sound system (guys like deepchord were saying it was the best system they'd ever played on) and a great vibe. this year is looking excellent. i am hoping i'll be there again, we'll see.

the tokyo scene is really disappointing me right now, a poor copy of what it used to be, so labyrinth is one of the few real bright spots left for me.
Kana Mat +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

the tokyo scene is really disappointing me right now, a poor copy of what it used to be, so labyrinth is one of the few real bright spots left for me.

really so you are here in tokyo too

there are lot's of cool events and the parties here, you just have to know where and where and who which I know is difficult for outsider people. also very experimental sound.

i think tokyo is better now, just 4 years ago very bored.
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
< 98

Quote:

there are lot's of cool events and the parties here, you just have to know where and where and who which I know is difficult for outsider people. also very experimental sound.

i dont know. i first came to tokyo in 2001 and when i compare it to then, there definitely has been a change. the spaces are disappearing, as are the record stores, the crowds are getting worse, the music more conservative. even the sound systems - so long the pride of japan - have been dropping off. of course there are little pockets of interesting stuff happening and some cool parties going on, but (and i hate to sound jaded) tokyo is not how it used to be, for me at least.

the guys behind labyrinth are very close to my tastes and book similar artists to the ones i know and are involved with for the blog, so of course this influences me, but labyrinth is just on a different level. donato's set from last year (the one posted above) was simply one of the deepest and most intense musical experiences i've ever had. i really hope i'll be back here come september.
Andrez666 +

iffy bizness

Times thanked
< 25
Interesting observations, Chris, since I also came to Tokyo in 2001 (incidentally today is my 8th anniversary of same). But I think we may be observing different cities, as I've got to agree with Kana - the Tokyo I know right now is as vibrant as it's ever been, and the people I'm interested in are using innovative one-off spaces in different locations - and the music these people are making is sublime.
Little Nobody + Funk Gadget = Tokyo

'Metropolis How?' 12" remixed by James Ruskin
'The Condimental Op' vinyl remixed by AUX 88

+ '100 Years of Vicissitude' novel
+ 'Tobacco-Stained Mountain Goat' novel

Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
< 98

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrez666

Interesting observations, Chris, since I also came to Tokyo in 2001 (incidentally today is my 8th anniversary of same). But I think we may be observing different cities, as I've got to agree with Kana - the Tokyo I know right now is as vibrant as it's ever been, and the people I'm interested in are using innovative one-off spaces in different locations - and the music these people are making is sublime.

i find it quite interesting how different our takes on most things seems to be... i should say that it has been a while since i have lived in kanto, it has mainly been - like now - visits of 1 or 2 months.

anyway, we really should move all this to another thread on the theme of tokyo or something. i've accidently started a massive thread hijack. this is supposed to be about donato dozzy, not tokyo!
Andrez666 +

iffy bizness

Times thanked
< 25

Quote:

anyway, we really should move all this to another thread on the theme of tokyo or something. i've accidently started a massive thread hijack. this is supposed to be about donato dozzy, not tokyo!

You're right - oops! Let's give this back to the admirers of Donato Dozzy - who, by the way, I also dig.

Little Nobody + Funk Gadget = Tokyo

'Metropolis How?' 12" remixed by James Ruskin
'The Condimental Op' vinyl remixed by AUX 88

+ '100 Years of Vicissitude' novel
+ 'Tobacco-Stained Mountain Goat' novel

tone_loc +

Times thanked
< 0
saw dozzy in amsterdam in may, was quite good but not the right crowd or venue.

i still win techno though.
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
Disco posted the other.

I also wanted to bring this to everyone's attention...

Phrench Phries Podcast 007 feat. Donato Dozzy & Nuel, 3.06.2009
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
< 98

Quote:

Disco posted the other.

was listening to this today while walking around tokyo in the rain. it was brilliant.

keep an eye out - nuel will be doing a special mnml ssgs mix in the coming months...
chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

Times thanked
< 212
Cheers for the linkage.
deep audio +

blah!

Times thanked
< 113
I highly recommend everyone download that podcast it is awesome!
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
< 98
another set by nuel:

nuel @ classic club 18.11.07:

http://soundcloud.com/mnml-ssgs/nuel...11-07/download
benkanemill +

Bitch

Times thanked
< 33
Fantastic, cheers guys
Soundcloud
DSK 1984 +

Times thanked
< 0
great thread!
DJ-DSK
deep audio +

blah!

Times thanked
< 113

Quote:

End of September????
Somebody twist their arm's to come play in Melbourne? Im sure they would put on one hell of a show!
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
< 98

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep audio

End of September????
Somebody twist their arm's to come play in Melbourne? Im sure they would put on one hell of a show!

just wait to you hear the full lineup for labyrinth. dozzy and pvh are only the tip of the iceberg... with a bit of luck i'll be there. i have to be. this will be techno nirvana.

but definitely a good opportunity to get some seriously hot techno peeps down to australia...
derek lang +

village idiot

Times thanked
< 313

Quote:

another set by nuel:

nuel @ classic club 18.11.07:

http://soundcloud.com/mnml-ssgs/nuel...11-07/download

omfg that mix downloaded fast.. 2.1Mb/sec whilst i was downloading the dozzy/nuel mix simultaneously.
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
Anyone know if Dozzy & D'or EP on Time to Express will go digital anytime soon?
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
< 98

Quote:

Try here this maybe what your after bro.

not cool.
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
It has been on Beat Port for a while now. But thanks anyway.

He has just released a second EP for the year: Snakes at Number 2

• A1 Big Snake
  • A2 Gas Snake
  • B1 Neon Snake
  • B2 Acid Snake

RA review:

Quote:

Thanks to the inclusion of "Plesso" on Tama Sumo's entry in Ostgut's Panoramabar mix series later this month, the previously modest profile of Ireland's Lerosa looks set to increase considerably within the next few months. As if that wasn't enough of a boost, Apnea's latest offering sees him team up with Donato Dozzy—an Italian talent enjoying a similar surge following a string of consistently acclaimed deeper-than-deep releases—for a solid EP's worth of forward-thinking, moody afterhours chuggers.

Apnea's output has typically been bent toward the deeper end of the techno spectrum, and here both Lerosa and Dozzy push the label's aesthetic further, choosing to take the speed down a notch and weave their respective styles together in four tracks delving as low as 100 BPM ("Acid Snake") and reaching as high as 124 BPM ("Gas Snake"). Usefully, the "snakes" in question all live up to their taxonomic designations—none more so than "Big Snake," a suitably lithe crawler punctuated with loose bass stabs and flicking percussion. After the misty "Gas Snake" (a dubbier cut Luke Hess fans might want to take note of), "Neon Snake" is the most DJ-friendly choice here, with a controlled tension marking out its obvious role as a stinging little set pacer.

Things are rounded off with the subdued "Acid Snake," whose modulating synths and gentle piano refrains slither along slowly to eventually offset its own hypnosis-inducing acid wobble. In the end, Lerosa and Dozzy's combined skills come together brilliantly to create a fresh and well-rounded exercise in deep techno experimentation with enough backbone to charm even the most exploratory listener.

deep audio +

blah!

Times thanked
< 113

Quote:

not cool.

?
JazzyJimmyJ +

Times thanked
< 38

Quote:

?

giving away someone else's tracks for free is not cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Pham

I'd pay $100 just to see Move D cook some spring rolls.

deep audio +

blah!

Times thanked
< 113
post deleted!

sorry if ive upset anybody
JazzyJimmyJ +

Times thanked
< 38
its not about upsetting anyone.

if you were just trying to be nice and give the tunes to carramrod then a pm would have been smarter....putting the tracks up on a public forum is disrespectful at the least (and probably illegal).

Quote:

deep audio +

blah!

Times thanked
< 113
post is deleted and what has happened has happened. no disrespect was meant to be given to mr dozzy!
deep audio +

blah!

Times thanked
< 113
Donato Dozzy - "bleep43" podcast 134

http://www.bleep43recordings.com/mixes/Show134.mp3

TRACKLISTING

Commodity Place- Walking Lost into The Fog- (Cclea Music)
D.Dozzy & Nuel- D2- (Aguaplano)
Leo Anibaldi- Fusion 1- (ACV)
D.Dozzy & Nuel- A2- (Aguaplano)
Mike Parker- Substratum (Geocentric Mix) – (Orange Groove)
Kassem Mosse – B2- (Workshop)
Brando Lupi- Liquid Garden- (Detune Records)
Deadbeat- Mecca Drum Jack- (Wagon Repair)
Veer- Fieldstrip- (Source)
New World Aquarium- The Games that We Play- (New Religion)
Daniel Stefanik- Reactivity 8- (Statik Entertainment)
D.Dozzy & Nuel- C1- Aguaplano 1111
Tangerine Dream - Logos II
Bronnt Industries Kapital
AGF – Downtown Snow
Clark - The Magnet Mine
Danton Eeprom – Ostalgie (unknown)
Legowelt – Flight of the Jupiter (Crme Organisation)
Sandwell District 13 – Function/Variance edit
Hecker – Acid in the style of David Tudor (EMego)
jcotteri +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Kana I'm going to hit you up when I come over next.. So expect a p.m. sometime..

I started a thread here if you feel like adding some good places.. though I guess it generally depends week by week..

DD is an amazing DJ and his production isn't half bad as well (:

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonfromuk

a scood sounds like the sort of thing you should be wearing when the dubstep-minimal union occurs. Right now you are only cool if you wear it while listening to the villalobos version of blood on my hands, or mala's left leg out pitched down to 128 bpm

carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
Check out some of the damage from Labyrinth:

Media Player

Media Player

Media Player
The Labyrinth 2009 Donato Dozzy 2 - YouTube

Media Player

Media Player
The Labyrinth 2009 Donato Dozzy 4 - YouTube
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
< 98
dozz's set at labyrinth really was amazing. looking forward to catching him spin again in a few weeks...

there is a new indepth interview with him, which i'd strongly recommend:

http://www.electronique.it/musicboxA...h-Donato-Dozzy
jcotteri +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Disco posted the other.

39 mins in nearly makes me tear up <3 then again at 42.45 Those jambays are amazing.. breakbeat..

nice one Dozzy, Nuel and Phrench Phries

Quote:

a scood sounds like the sort of thing you should be wearing when the dubstep-minimal union occurs. Right now you are only cool if you wear it while listening to the villalobos version of blood on my hands, or mala's left leg out pitched down to 128 bpm

jcotteri +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

dozz's set at labyrinth really was amazing. looking forward to catching him spin again in a few weeks...

there is a new indepth interview with him, which i'd strongly recommend:

http://www.electronique.it/musicboxA...h-Donato-Dozzy

Tell us an artist you buy every time, knowing you're not going to be disappointed.

D.D.: Robert Henke

haha awesome!!!!

Great interview.. Really like the questions asked.. It's not typical..

SO MUCH GEAR LUST

Quote:

carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16

Quote:

D.D.: Its important to point out that nothing is prepared in my sets, everything goes with the flow. I usually start by choosing a color, a basic theme based on my mood that day, and once I start everything goes on following things happening around me. There is no setlist in my bag.

I always try to know the tracks I play as well as I can, I listen to them over and over until I create a relationship with them.

I take mental notes about instruments they use or frequencies they generate. This way I can match tracks easily.

In can also tell you that I love digging out the story behind each record, tracking info about the techniques it was produced with, the instruments used, the graphic choices, etc. Lets say that I try to research both on felling and on dynamics.

I think Donato has been watching to much Seinfeld.

carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
That article with Donato, other than offering a fascinating insight into a DJ that I now only respect and love even more, made me realise something.

I tend to see music in terms of colours. Maybe that is why I can't explain what I am hearing.

The tracks that Donato uses to build and increase the intensity of parts of his set in the ssgs mix are blue to me.
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
Cio D'or - Goldbrokat (Donato Dozzy Techno Remix)

:boom:

Massive techno.

V-Tron +

hmmm

Times thanked
< 2,668
Quality thread. Just got onto the first 3 part ssgmix, so much goodness left to check out itt.
JazzyJimmyJ +

Times thanked
< 38
heard doz is working on a new release that will be surprising to some i think...formatwise.

Quote:

carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
Not an album
JazzyJimmyJ +

Times thanked
< 38
of sorts i believe.

still a bit of water to go under the bridge but its underway.

Quote:

carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
Been a while between Bunker Podcasts.

The Italian Stalion himself is playing there on March 5.

One of the Bunker whole set recordings should do the trick.
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
< 98

Quote:

Been a while between Bunker Podcasts.

The Italian Stalion himself is playing there on March 5.

One of the Bunker whole set recordings should do the trick.

dont worry, there should be a dozz podcast or two coming out soon...

also, he was very happy when he saw this thread.

and i can tell you, the special project he is working on is really fantastic.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »