General

Bragging about Australia

Page 1 of 3
  Tools
zakka101 +

Times thanked
< 9
Bragging about Australia
What would you brag about to an international about Australia?

Money, freedom, good music, etc. Thoughts?
B_e_de +

It's more fun if you just follow the script

Times thanked
< 7,331
Nothing, because bragging makes you sound like a fucking twat.
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 344
How awesome straya is at AFL and Rugby League
trAse +

He'll never be an old man rafter

Times thanked
< 13,968
The bitches.
ヽ༼ʘ̆ںʘ̆༽ ノ
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,429
Oh fucking hell, General is turning into Lifestyle with these nothing hypothetical douchebag threads.

What is great about Australia and why?
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

Times thanked
< 1,209
Media Player
Holden Ad from the 70's - YouTube
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 9,253
i wouldn't. We don't need any more imports :gobacktoyourowncountry:

Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,429
We're full, fuck off.
Punk in Drublic +

Can I get a hell yeah?

Times thanked
< 91
We grew hear, you flew here etc etc

Seriously though, what kind of insecure moron needs to "brag" about their own country
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,441
cool stuff that australia invented like meat pies, beer, bbqed sausages and phar lap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

^mmmm all this talk of meat is getting me excited.

SPOKEYDOKEY +

cephalapod chewing legend

Times thanked
< 2,752
And crowded house and Russell crowe
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 22,966
And Richard Wilkins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heraclitus

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

joshforrest +

Times thanked
< 141
Australia has a lot of good things going for it..... dont get me wrong.... iv done some travelling and there aint many countries that even come close to standard of living etc.....

but

is balanced by a lot of things that could be better.....

ie:

dont hear anyone bragging about:

- how some Australians live in 3rd world conditions.....

- the fact that Australia is an intellectual wasteland.... even though we come up with some of the best scientific breakthroughs in the world, people that drive mining trucks gets paid more than scientists that come up with these breakthroughs.....

- the fact that our economy is mainly based on diggin things up and shipping htem overseas, then buying it back in goods.... (by the way or that stuff we are diggin up will be gone in 30 years so what then?)

- cant take its own moral standing in the world...

- the behavior of Australian tourists around he world.... we are getting a worse reputation than americans as loud, bragging morons.... (and i include myself in this category to a degree when i think about my behavior when travelling 5 years ago..... but i have matured a bit now... :-)

- attitude towards immigrants (legal or not). Modern Australia was built on the backs of migrants.... be it the first unwilling ones or the others that came here after WW2 or otherwise.... The only people that can ask anyone to get out of Australia are Aboriginal people.... Everyone else is a migrant or the children of migrants.... I reckon if u can risk your life nd the lives of your families trying to get here in the first place then come on down.... (keeping in mind if they want to become Australians that they embrace Australian values and leave thier wars, sharia law etc back in the shit country they came from inthe first place.)

Phew...

theres my piece anyway....
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,435
Where would Goon Of Fortune be without the trusty Hills Hoist?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mashedman

if you stroke your chin hard enough i heard a genie comes out and gives you 3 track ids

big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 15,890

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPOKEYDOKEY View Post

And crowded house and Russell crowe

Although Neil Finn is the principal songwriter, crowded house were formed in Melbourne and half the band members were Australian

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

deck +

Fuck the security guards!

Times thanked
< 4,374

Wait, what...?

Embassy Clothing is a grassroots streetwear label that is dedicated to supporting children and youth organisations in Australia and across the globe, making a commitment to donate a percentage of profits from each sale to organisations in need.
ladyinred +

See you Space Samurai...

Times thanked
< 3,166

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkman View Post

Where would Goon Of Fortune be without the trusty Hills Hoist?

or goon of fortune be without the goon BAG???!?!?!

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1...cask-wine-dies

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbomb203 View Post

Sausages make everything better astro. FACT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameszabiela

I have to disagree with regards to the sausages...

ProjectwJs +

****s f**ked

Times thanked
< 17
Ill only brag about my country if other people start having prejudice views about it and have some half-assed illegimate perspective about. Thats when I start pulling out "mine is better than yours", done in some cases.
Miaow Mix +

Jah voll

Times thanked
< 23
Amusing looking animals .

Remember, you can always find East by staring directly at the sun.
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
< 4,661

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshforrest View Post

Australia has a lot of good things going for it..... dont get me wrong.... iv done some travelling and there aint many countries that even come close to standard of living etc.....

but

is balanced by a lot of things that could be better.....

ie:

dont hear anyone bragging about:

- how some Australians live in 3rd world conditions.....

- the fact that Australia is an intellectual wasteland.... even though we come up with some of the best scientific breakthroughs in the world, people that drive mining trucks gets paid more than scientists that come up with these breakthroughs.....

- the fact that our economy is mainly based on diggin things up and shipping htem overseas, then buying it back in goods.... (by the way or that stuff we are diggin up will be gone in 30 years so what then?)

- cant take its own moral standing in the world...

- the behavior of Australian tourists around he world.... we are getting a worse reputation than americans as loud, bragging morons.... (and i include myself in this category to a degree when i think about my behavior when travelling 5 years ago..... but i have matured a bit now... :-)

- attitude towards immigrants (legal or not). Modern Australia was built on the backs of migrants.... be it the first unwilling ones or the others that came here after WW2 or otherwise.... The only people that can ask anyone to get out of Australia are Aboriginal people.... Everyone else is a migrant or the children of migrants.... I reckon if u can risk your life nd the lives of your families trying to get here in the first place then come on down.... (keeping in mind if they want to become Australians that they embrace Australian values and leave thier wars, sharia law etc back in the shit country they came from inthe first place.)

Phew...

theres my piece anyway....

Yeah no offence but your "piece" sounds like you havn't really been anywhere else in the world,

Firstly, how many aussies live in 3rd world conditions? like 0.001% ? I'm sure they don't drink alcohol in the 3rd world anyway

Secondly, with a strong economy you can afford to subsidize education, although I agree it would be a good idea to reward top intellects more

Thirdly, thats a gross over-simplification of our economy, and thirty years is an equally retarded hypothetical timeframe. None of my friends work for mining companies and I'm sure the majority of yours do not, so...

Fourth, I don't know what you mean.

Fifth, I think its an unreasonable assumption to say that "all" Australians are behaving worse overseas, if I had to argue that (and I wouldn't because you shouldn't generalize based on race !), i'd say that due to the boom 5 years ago alot of people who previously wern't able to afford to travel, were able to, and so it appears Australia suddenly became over-represented as rude tourists (when really the number of tourists probably just increased)

Sixth(ly), most Australians are like you and me (in their attitudes towards immigrants) and I'd say an even greater portion have at least one parent born overseas. So I don't think this is true, except for a small retarded minority, that most probably exists in every other country anyway

Seventhly, general forum reminds me of those "tell me why ?" books that kids read

hahah
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Life trainwreck stories, bewbs, mod angering drug implicated posts and 2fast2furious only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mliro View Post

that’s terrible spastic
also I would imagine a little disheartening that he has never attempted to drug rape you?

smorchika +

Times thanked
< 510
I dont particularly like people that brag to be honest, i see it as someone having a relatively deep sense of inferiority.
I especially dont like people who feel that being fortunate enough to be born in an amazing country like australia is their God given right and look down upon people from other countries with disdain.
Oh, and abject patriotism really annoys me.

tl;dr
I wouldnt.
airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

Times thanked
< 12,307
The best thing about australia is kangaroo boxing followed closely by dwarf throwing. Our detention centres are pretty popular too.
Unspoilt by Progress
B_e_de +

It's more fun if you just follow the script

Times thanked
< 7,331
+^5 Peaker.
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
The Jetstar effect, we've all seen it, especially those that have travelled in the past 5 years. The groups of young loud bogan guys that get over to Asia and South America. We had a bunch of young dickhead footy players on the plane to Thailand next to us and they're annoying enough when you're used to them, let alone if you've never encountered these types. ahhh well, my response to this always is that I know many good people who travel a lot, so we're represented for the most part by good people imo. The bad ones just stick out HEAPS.
qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 3,447

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post

cool stuff that australia invented like meat pies, beer, bbqed sausages and phar lap.

add >> polymer (i.e. plastic) currency notes

doesn't tear easily.
withstands accidental "leaving it in the wash" mishaps.
'harder' to counterfeit.
light-weight.
durable (= long life = less printing costs)
recyclable.

(i'm sure some smart alec is going to say that it's better to snort drugs with these notes, but i don't condone any of this)
these words fill this space
airconteka +

Times thanked
< 12,307
Crocodile Dundee - it's even funnier than Police Academy
Unspoilt by Progress
bulldozer +

OH YES OH YES MELBOURNE!!

Times thanked
< 748

Quote:

Originally Posted by qoop View Post

(i'm sure some smart alec is going to say that it's better to snort drugs with these notes, but i don't condone any of this)

then why are you on ITM?

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnbiggs View Post

right on **** sign me up

dj name: big facotr
style: ballbag disco
promotion ability: zilch none naada
stage presence: fuck it **** im on the d floor and use a long stick from there to change the faders.

SPOKEYDOKEY +

cephalapod chewing legend

Times thanked
< 2,752
Eddie get out with your 'facts' :p
airconteka +

Times thanked
< 12,307
Crowded House are referred to as The Crowdies by Australian fans
Unspoilt by Progress
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,309
two words: wobble board

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
< 993

Quote:

Originally Posted by zakka101 View Post

What would you brag about to an international about Australia?

Their awesome Rugby League & Union teams
Playing at;

Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page

SHRUG
JulesPLees +

Just about sick of it. Totes.

Times thanked
< 214
world champion racecar driver mark webb.......

oh
Julesplees/PlasticMusic Soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/user38450
Bism +

Times thanked
< 18,218
Poms and Kiwis love it.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,441

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkdogz View Post

The Jetstar effect, we've all seen it, especially those that have travelled in the past 5 years. The groups of young loud bogan guys that get over to Asia and South America. We had a bunch of young dickhead footy players on the plane to Thailand next to us and they're annoying enough when you're used to them, let alone if you've never encountered these types. ahhh well, my response to this always is that I know many good people who travel a lot, so we're represented for the most part by good people imo. The bad ones just stick out HEAPS.

Not that Australia can even claim to have invented that, the English have been doing it for way longer thanks to Ryanair/Easyjet. Just ask the Greeks...

Quote:

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,008
I was reading some retards fighting on Youtube once, in the comments about some clip from Australian TV. Some guys comes out with the comment Everyone there are fags, that's why everyone calls you Fagstralia

so yeah, apparently other countries see us rollin' and be hatin'
Listen to your friend Cheely Zane
He is a cool guy...
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
< 993

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

Poms and Kiwis love it.

Yet we move here & complain about the heat & insects
Playing at;

SHRUG
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
< 749

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

Secondly, with a strong economy you can afford to subsidize education, although I agree it would be a good idea to reward top intellects more

hey now hold on.. how's the education in your state going? because in victoria, it's pretty well fucked!
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
< 1,088
Tasmania and petrol sniffing.
ravs +

Times thanked
< 21
Dream Time books and Grug Books some of teh best literature ever!

Apart from that not a lot = (
Cant.Stop.Wont.Stop
- Crown Street Cut Collective
- Scratchnuts Crew
- Soul of Sydney

Lowdown @
http://www.district.net.au
Balls Deep +

Times thanked
< 7,918

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

Sixth(ly), most Australians are like you and me (in their attitudes towards immigrants) and I'd say an even greater portion have at least one parent born overseas. So I don't think this is true, except for a small retarded minority, that most probably exists in every other country anyway

Then why is illegal immigration the main agenda at every election in this brown land?
It's over you BASTARDS!
crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

Times thanked
< 8,299
Because it sells.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
Lambretta +

Now Aussie....STILL dodgy

Times thanked
< 932
The rest of the World loves the exchange rate at the moment

Because it keeps Australians where they belong and it gives them a fucking great reason not to come here.

Oh. What I love about Australia is all the coal we export to the rest of the World to add to the global warming problem and how the government have sold all the mining rights to foreigners so they can keep the profits and how we don't then tax them to build badly needed infastructure.

That fucking rocks the Kazbah as far as I'm concerned.

We're so fucking smart.
Never mind the bollocks
Here's Lambretta
airconteka +

Times thanked
< 12,307
It's certainly no Milton Keynes
Unspoilt by Progress
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,441
I love the way that Australians are so openly receptive to criticism from outsiders, and from immigrants, recent and not so recent.

Quote:

Quote:

Balls Deep +

Times thanked
< 7,918
It's over you BASTARDS!
base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

Times thanked
< 2,428
Since I became an Aussie earlier this year my dick has grown bigger. True story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead

base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

Times thanked
< 2,428

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomrocks View Post

Yet we move here & complain about the heat & insects

This year I'm mostly whinging about the rain

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead

Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
< 749
more like..

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabman View Post

Because it smells.

lol get it? brown land? hahahahahahaha! *cough*
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
RunningWithScissors +

COMMUNIST PARTY OF ITM

Times thanked
< 18,902
that an Aussie got the world speed record for drinking beer

...and so we made that man Prime Minister

other than that and cask + hills hoist = goon of fortune, not much

edit: oh and that it was an Aussie in second place on the podium with those ******s at the 1968 summer olympics, and he was the one who suggested they wear opposite gloves after one of them forgot to bring his, that was pretty rad

because we all know that being born within the same arbitrarily defined region as someone awesome is something to be proud of
THE COOLEST HOBBY

Last edited by RunningWithScissors: 18-Nov-10 at 08:07am

pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
< 993

Quote:

Originally Posted by base615 View Post

This year I'm mostly whinging about the rain

I'm loving the weather at the moment
Playing at;