EDM, Trance and Hard Dance

Is 2011 the year Oakenfold gets over his mid-life crisis?

Tools
JulesPLees +

Just about sick of it. Totes.

Times thanked
< 212
Is 2011 the year Oakenfold gets over his mid-life crisis?
Basically to stop the asot thread being raped.

For those that dont know - Paul Oakenfold turned trance from an underground club thing into a stadium thing. (Check his Journeys of a Stadium DJ). He evolveved through the 90's with goa/psy into full blown club trance (when club trance was king) and then more into the progressive relm.

Over the last decade he became passe - trying to crack it full mainstream (tiesto anyone?) and pretty much failing badly - forgetting his craft and taking the easy route (Rock remix after rock remix followed by ...i dunno silence or something). Mixing went to poo and was thought to be a lost cause.

Recently he has revamped his radio show - which is getting some positive reviews and teamed up with fellow pom John Askew to re-jig his legendary label Perfecto.

He has been bought out by armada - but recent events make it seem like Paul and John must have the bulk of creative power (why else would Askew post what looks to be a totally anti-armada poster on his website?) and why would Paul Oakenfold be caining so many non-armada tunes compared to the rest of the armada?

Anywho yeah to be fair at the moment it is still pretty farken cheesy - with glimmers of awesomesauce. Im under no illusion Oakenfold has always erred on the side of cheese - but when he gets it right its like some fine french cheese and perhaps with a bit of time we can get some more of that camembert shiz.

Thoughts?
Julesplees/PlasticMusic Soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/user38450
JamRock +

Haus-Boat cruise with Ian Pooley - Good Friday! :)

Times thanked
< 218
Has definitely had moments of epicness/brilliantness/awesomesauce amongst all the cheddar.

Has pumped out some seriously good sets of goa / trance / prog over the years.

Needs to get a haircut pretty bad. I think that's blocking his ears

>>> FUNKAGENDA >> TECHPHONICS > FRI 24 JAN > MR KIM'S

> Playing tech tunes every Tuesday, 6pm-8pm (Adelaide time) on www.soundpond.net
flippy +

rushproductions.com.au / facebook.com/djjed

Times thanked
< 285
^^^is that his Madame Tussauds figure? photoshop ftw..

Interesting read JPL... and i'm with you. i hope this is the start of not just creating waves in a stale & pop-shiny era of trance, but creating a serious & devestating tsunami (too soon?) that levels the sound back to something with a bit more innovation & pushing the envelope.
RUSH PRODUCTIONS: HOUSE|PROG|TECH|TRANCE
Rush Radio - Podcast via iTunes or Podbean

Jed - Prog/Tech/Trance

GIGS'n'SHIT
09/05_TRANCE NATION
17/05_SUPER8 & TAB and BEN NICKY

narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586
Oaky came and he conquered and then he failed.

This push can go either two ways the first being that they push a sound that many have tried to do (Joof) and succeed. Which then leads down to the path of underground becoming popular and then being not so underground. Or the second thing is that he is just trying to push his own record label/agenda's to make more money (not forgetting Armin owns perfecto).

What i want to see come out of this, is producers making music that they want. Strip it down to the bare essentials, give them a license to make whatever they want. Not making music to suit a specific record label. So many times i have seen producers have amazing tracks and then turn to shit *cough* marcus schossow.

There are so many producers out there who make amazing tracks, yet don't get the recognition they deserve because the scene has become about pushing 1-2 record labels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxi Jazz

"It's about being determined to have a good time no matter what.
You have to take your good time to the party rather than expect the party to be your good time."

flippy +

Times thanked
< 285

Quote:

Originally Posted by narcism View Post

producers making music that they want

pretty much.

i'm sure the #trancefamily!!1lolz and better more innovative music can co-exist together, hell it happened during the transition process between trance being more underground and the sound of today. problem is that the shiny stuff seems to be the stuff that can be pushed to the shallow lame masses who just lap up anything Daniel Kandi writes because it has a slight variation on the same pretty chord progression his last 825601856086 tunes had.

i remember Daniel Kandi - Child... i remember Sebastian Brandt - Technology (Daniel Kandi Darker Mix)... great stuff ...then there's now.

everyone who apparently can't think for themselves falls into the trap of just "following the light" (trying not to make an Armin vs. Jesus hilarious comparison here) and not realising there's the potential for much better stuff out there.. so how do you reach the shiny sheepy masses?

make shiny Armin music.

hey, from a business perspective - fucken wow to Armin. he has successfully turned himself (along with his team's help of course) into a brand name.. he's a stella businessman but to make these millions he's making, he's had to turn the music we used to all love for it's innovation and depth and difference and blah blah into stuff we just dont care about anymore

/le sad..

anyway, more about Coke-enfold..

Jed - Prog/Tech/Trance

GIGS'n'SHIT
09/05_TRANCE NATION

MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 431
Promising.

This needs posting again:

Naturally though, a bit wary with Armada owning Perfecto (is it a straight up ownership?). Whilst that is good as it gives the distribution benefit getting good music out to more people, we just gotta hope it's just the distribution network they use.
Jules put it best that the last thing we need is decent artists being sucked in to the vortex, because then we're just losing out (like what's happened with Protoculture). I'd rather be having to hunt around and avoid heaps of shit music to find the good stuff (like 2007-10) than have it all available but just have it get mixed in with the rubbish.
This potentially becomes a way for artists to push a more serious, unique approach, with a decent consumer base. Fingers crossed. Alternatively it becomes a way for decent artists to get picked off and sent the wrong way. I suppose we wait and see.

I wonder what's prompted it though? Askew I can understand (and all of sudden the shift from Discover + leaving it in good hands makes sense) ... But did Oakey have too big a DMT hit or something and have an epic realisation he was doing it wrong? And that he needed to change direction? It's a welcome change no doubt, but just seems so out of place - no one ever crosses over and comes back, do they?

I've no doubt it will be still on the mainstream side. Expect a certain amount of fluff (not quite Above & Beyond, Armada, hold your hands in a heart shape despite the fact you're a grown man you fucking loser 'trance') but should be alongside some more actual trance. It won't be a J00F Records kinda thing, but tbh everyone would benefit from a more serious side of the music coming back, so fingers are crossed.
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,370
Can people post some music they believe is/was truly innovative music, music that really pushed the boundaries (Perhaps at the time or even still today)? Curious to learn is all .
System_J +

Better Call Saul

Times thanked
< 257

Very promising.

Agree with everyone that it's far too early to determine exactly where this might head, but the pedigree of those involved is definitely a cause for optimism. Jules has summed up oakey's influence perfectly- it's very easy to forget his significant influence on the genre given the crap he's served up over the last 5+ years. All his EMs and a few assorted livesets still get a regular hammering on my ipod. His asot set was very refreshing- it's far too common to see djs change their style just to please the eurodance crowd...hopefully he was still toning it down a little and the excess fluff will be cut from future performances.

My understanding of the Armada partnership is that it's restricted to the use of their distribution channels, although i could be wrong (it's impossible to get any definitive ownership information on their website). Even if it is under full armada control you'd doubt that askew would have signed up if there was a chance that his artistic freedom was going to be curtailed.

Will be keeping a very close eye on the fluoro releases- absolutely loving tokyo at the moment, hopefully there's more of the same to come.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

I just plain don't trust fat people.

Where did they get all that food from?

System_J +

Better Call Saul

Times thanked
< 257

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hdb2 View Post

Can people post some music they believe is/was truly innovative music, music that really pushed the boundaries (Perhaps at the time or even still today)? Curious to learn is all .

Have you heard his goa mix before? There's a link to his 99 EM in the classics thread- 2 hrs of awesome pumping trance.

Search for perfecto fluoro on youtube, stuff like juno reactor, legend b etc. Keep in mind this stuff was from 15 years+ ago and truly pushing the boundaries at the time.

Quote:

Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,370

Quote:

Originally Posted by System_J View Post

Have you heard his goa mix before? There's a link to his 99 EM in the classics thread- 2 hrs of awesome pumping trance.

Search for perfecto fluoro on youtube, stuff like juno reactor, legend b etc. Keep in mind this stuff was from 15 years+ ago and truly pushing the boundaries at the time.

Ironically I am halfway through that mix now haha, kind of why I asked the question as I imagine there would be much much more than this from the era ( And I am really enjoying the mix atm)...

I will look up some of the stuff you mentioned though as well.
System_J +

Better Call Saul

Times thanked
< 257
Have a search for some late 90s/ early 00s livesets i think there's still a few floating around.

If you can't find a working link for the 94 goa mix (not the barstardised 2010 one) i'll chuck it on megaupload for you

Quote:

Gwatto +

Times thanked
< 0
This thread is very interesting. But i get the feeling you guys might be looking into this way too much. I dont think this is going to create a whole new wave of 'innovate' music, which would be great but more that its just a way for Oakenfold to get back into what he originally and has always loved, trance. Perhaps even its just a new business venture, who knows.

As for he heart-symbol, i dont see why theres so much hatred for it. As much as i think its gay and pathetic like most people do, theres no reason for abusing someone who chooses to express their love for the music or crowd by using it.
- Chair Ravers Society -
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586
I guess that is where you need to look past the icon and look at what it actually symbolizes

Quote:

You have to take your good time to the party rather than expect the party to be your good time."

flippy +

Times thanked
< 285

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwatto View Post

As for he heart-symbol, i dont see why theres so much hatred for it. As much as i think its gay and pathetic like most people do, theres no reason for abusing someone who chooses to express their love for the music or crowd by using it.

seeing a DJ cry at the emotion of how much they love this music or the people that follow it and support them - thats a genuine and deep gesture. turning your hands into a heart symbol is cheap imo. thats all

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hdb2 View Post

ooer, a challenge.

here's a few that popped to mind:

Media Player

Media Player
YouTube

Media Player
YouTube

i'm not going as old or goa or envelope-pushing at J_boy here is but this, to me, were some of the tunes i got into 2004+ and i was blown away by.

Last time i remember sitting with my eyes closed & listening to a tune that did to me what these tunes did was Simon Patterson - Smack. THAT was great 8 times outta 10 though now, what i hear out there is fairly uninspiring.

if you want stuff that isn't "anthematic" (but think about why the examples i gave above became anthematic in the first place here ), here's an underrated bomb of a tune that did something different, for example:

Media Player

Jed - Prog/Tech/Trance

GIGS'n'SHIT
09/05_TRANCE NATION

Last edited by flippy: 14-Apr-11 at 07:03pm

JulesPLees +

Times thanked
< 212
System_J +

Better Call Saul

Times thanked
< 257

Quote:

Originally Posted by flippy View Post

i'm not going as old or goa or envelope-pushing at J_boy here is but this, to me, were some of the tunes i got into 2004+ and i was blown away by.

I didn't read his post properly, i thought he meant specifically oakey/fluoro. Good selection flippy, plenty more in wannabird's 'classic tracks' thread.

Hdb2- i sent you a pm with a platipus set i reckon displays the best of boundary pushing, give it a listen

Quote:

angy +

DEFQON.1!!!!!!!!!!!

Times thanked
< 244

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulesPLees View Post

Over the last decade he became passe - trying to crack it full mainstream (tiesto anyone?) and pretty much failing badly - forgetting his craft and taking the easy route (Rock remix after rock remix followed by ...i dunno silence or something). Mixing went to poo and was thought to be a lost cause.

What the fuck are you talking about? pre Guetta, Oakenfold was one of the select few who actually cracked it in the US. He was doing soundtrack work galore, Americans en mass kissing his ass, he had a residency at one of the most opulent, overblown clubs in the entire world in fucking Las Vegas of all places. You have a pretty strange measure of success.

He's spent too long in the States, and I'm wagering money that there's no way he can re-emerge out of his own asshole. He's the ultimate antithesis to the likes of Digweed, Howells, etc etc who become better DJs as they grow older.

I interviewed him face to face on the FMF tour in 2009, and man, if anyone thinks Kanye West is a wanker... ye gawds. I can't believe that with all you ridiculous Armada conspiracy talk and Armin hate, you'll actually give this twat the time of day? lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverh View Post

Angy: All About The PLUR

Quote:

more PLUR please Angy.

angy +

DEFQON.1!!!!!!!!!!!

Times thanked
< 244
PS. If he has some creative miracle second birth, fine, that's awesome and I'd be more than happy to eat my own words. Personally though, I think it's beyond him.

Quote:

Quote:

more PLUR please Angy.

emiritus_trance +

Times thanked
< 5
Thread now about trance and it's evolution LOL

Reading many of the posts, it seems clear that you all have understood the evolution of where trance has gone, and reminiscing about the past sounds is left only to the imagination and select memories that we all have.

It’s very fair to say that tracks like 3rd Earth and Flaming June (Frozen February or whatever it’s called) are great trance classics, but it’s equally fair to say that this particular type of trance will not surface again. You can see how the kick is more profound now and synths and melodies in the background are much to be desired. When we’re talking about pushing boundaries now, some tracks that come to mind are Pandora by Ali Wilson (which utilises great atmospheric influences) and even the mashup of Mark Eteson and Mory Kante; both bring a taste of classic trance big room sounds.

Based on the talks of Armada and its questionable push for a type of sound, it seems most of you are anti the new Armin. The music Armada releases is just utter trash, and imo, fails to provide any feel of quality-made trance (acting more like a production line of cows going through the abattoir yard).

Gone are the days of Afterburn, decent Mike Koglin, Hemstock & Jennings, Mirco de Govia, Nitromethane and the like. Now we have shite like Leon Bolier, W&W and posed up Armin with his minions

Most of us here have those grand epic memories of Two Tribes, Welcome, Kabuki etc, where you'd experience blissful trance and pushed boundaries everywhere, but guess it's mostly about adapting now for the producers, rather than contributing more on a different level (have to make money somehow these days )

Last edited by emiritus_trance: 15-Apr-11 at 09:51am

JulesPLees +

Times thanked
< 212

Quote:

Originally Posted by angy View Post

What the fuck are you talking about? pre Guetta, Oakenfold was one of the select few who actually cracked it in the US. He was doing soundtrack work galore, Americans en mass kissing his ass, he had a residency at one of the most opulent, overblown clubs in the entire world in fucking Las Vegas of all places. You have a pretty strange measure of success.

yeah he did like the swordfish soundtrack and the 2nd matrix or something and re-did starry eyed surprise for gen-y - but once again - i think these guys (tiesto/armin/oakenfold) when they talk mainstream are thinking a bit bigger than 1 or 2 top 20 hits tbh.

Quote:

He's spent too long in the States, and I'm wagering money that there's no way he can re-emerge out of his own asshole. He's the ultimate antithesis to the likes of Digweed, Howells, etc etc who become better DJs as they grow older.

umm no fucking way. digweed, howells (and yes - even my favourite) sasha etc are still great but have not got better as theyve gotten older - they may have kept their music credible but are not a patch on their peak years

Quote:

I interviewed him face to face on the FMF tour in 2009, and man, if anyone thinks Kanye West is a wanker... ye gawds. I can't believe that with all you ridiculous Armada conspiracy talk and Armin hate, you'll actually give this twat the time of day? lol

i also like kanye.
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,433
The first half of that EM he did not too long ago was actually pretty cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mashedman

if you stroke your chin hard enough i heard a genie comes out and gives you 3 track ids

turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,433

Quote:

umm no fucking way. digweed, howells (and yes - even my favourite) sasha etc are still great but have not got better as theyve gotten older - they may have kept their music credible but are not a patch on their peak years

Exactly, U mad?!

Quote:

if you stroke your chin hard enough i heard a genie comes out and gives you 3 track ids

emiritus_trance +

Times thanked
< 5

Quote:

Peak years? You were younger back then too. All of us were (go figure). But just because you're older, does not mean their music now is inferior to their 'peak years' - just means you're getting more jaded (and older). You have some deep issues Jules Plees
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,433

Quote:

Originally Posted by emiritus_trance View Post

Peak years? You were younger back then too. All of us were (go figure). But just because you're older, does not mean their music now is inferior to their 'peak years' - just means you're getting more jaded (and older). You have some deep issues Jules Plees

Well he never said that their music these days is inferior to their older years, he was just stating that they did it better back then, s'all.
Which is true.

Quote:

Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,370
Thanks guys for the feedback... Flippy, that Solarstone song is awesomee! Looks like I could be buying a few new tunes this weekend .
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586

Quote:

Gone are the days of Afterburn, decent Mike Koglin, Hemstock & Jennings, Mirco de Govia, Nitromethane and the like. Now we have shite like Leon Bolier, W&W and posed up Armin with his minions

Why are you comparing uplifting producers to tech trance producers?

Quote:

JulesPLees +

Times thanked
< 212

Quote:

lolwat? man i can hardly remember a thing about how the old guys sounded from going and seeing them when i was younger (like 8 years ago). i was a kid and i was fkn smashed!

I have no superiority because im older and heard them years ago - fknlol. I only know this from doing my own research and listening to older sets from these guys. i also listen to the older local djs/guys who have been around a lot longer than me - they used to be heaps better.

i personally particularly like the late 90's sasha sound - i never heard this sound at the actual time in clubs or on radio shows- its only in the last few years that i went and downloaded old sets - and if you grew a brain and downloaded something slightly different from bog latest and greatest sets you would probably hear the same ffs.
emiritus_trance +

Times thanked
< 5

Quote:

Why are you comparing uplifting producers to tech trance producers?

The reason is that 'tech-trance' is where it's at now (whether it's progressive-tech-Armin crap or W&W tech trance crap). As for 2002-2005, uplifting (epic) trance was mainstream for the Trance genre. I have observed on ITM how you cuddle up wit Leon, so don't look into it.

As for turkman's post - essentially saying it similarly. In other words, Sasha's music 'back then', was better, and Sasha's music 'now is not as better. Now who's looking into things lulz

Jules, mate, calm down. Your posts seem littered with anxiety Anyhow, listening to sets from that period of the past when Sasha was at his peak is non-comparable to experiencing it live. And I never said you were superior (if you understood correctly, you'd find it differently put). You can discuss all you want about listening and downloading, but for you to give your opinion about how you think the sound of Sasha was better before, than now, is fkd up gee

(is this what been jaded feels like) hahahha

Last edited by emiritus_trance: 15-Apr-11 at 11:15am

JulesPLees +

Times thanked
< 212
orrite chief go into the prog forum and start the thread - "is <sasha/digweed/howells/etc> at his peak?"

fkn expert arent ya - just a question - who are your fav djs atm?

nice avatar by the way. kinda reminds me of something john askew did once.
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586

Quote:

The reason is that 'tech-trance' is where it's at now

Really? Shit i must have missed that memo

Quote:

emiritus_trance +

Times thanked
< 5

Quote:

Really? Shit i must have missed that memo

The trance royalty (lol) don't send memos to narcissistic's who fall in love with their own reflection
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586

Quote:

The trance royalty (lol) don't send memos to narcissistic's who fall in love with their own reflection

Keep going, maybe next time you will crack how to be funny

Quote:

emiritus_trance +

Times thanked
< 5

Quote:

fkn expert arent ya - just a question - who are your fav djs atm?

Obviously depending on what genre I'm listening to, I like Carl Cox, Loco Dice, Marco Carola, Dj PP, Reboot, Milton Channels, Santerna, Piatto, and for the Trancier stuff, some Greg Downey, Guiseppe Ottaviani, John Askew, some Heabeat, Paul van Dyk, Signum, Talla2XLC and more.

Nawwww, Narcism you're like the little girl who regresses into childish ways. Not a forum thing to do

EDIT: oh, and Gabriel & Dresdan *rocksss*!
JulesPLees +

Times thanked
< 212
ahh kool i like loco dice.

so yeah r u gunna start the thread in the prog forum about how sasha/digweed etc are definitley PLaying as well as they ever have? you really should!

Last edited by JulesPLees: 15-Apr-11 at 11:34am

emiritus_trance +

Times thanked
< 5
lol. do etttt. Was just having some fun
MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 431
Cut the crap. Come on ... This is a sick thread about good tunes

I don't believe in the concept of 'better' music. What's 'better' to one person is different to the next. I appreciate the cyclical nature of it all, the variation, the fact that my tastes change and I have to align that with where the 'mainstream' sounds go, etc. I actually think trance was better in 06 than 03 but that's me - you probably think different.

I just hate music standing still for stupidly long periods, I hate 'cookie cutter' sounds where everyone tries to fit the one mould, and I hate it when pop music influences come across too strong in to music I like (although fwiw, I don't think enough blame for this actually falls with the artists that do it, as much as Armada and co clearly tempt them).

'Underground' (I hate that word) trance has been cutting sick in the last few hrs (provided you accept the prog stuff as trance - which most do) while mainstream has suffered very poorly. As poorly as I can recall in my 8-9yrs listening to EDM. Even if you like the Armada sound, I can't see how you can see that one sound being the only sound pushed as a good thing. Fingers crossed Oakey and Askew push a viable alternative that sits more in the mainstream side of things.
Would mean more music for discerning listeners to choose from, more scope to win people over from the pop side (which is where many all start, now more than ever with the reach it has), and more volume of tunes with a true 'trance' feel and a sense of variety which hopefully inspires more of the same from new producers. Would be a welcome change from producers needing to fit the mould to 'make it'.
emiritus_trance +

Times thanked
< 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by MongooseFiend View Post

Cut the crap. Come on ... This is a sick thread about good tunes

I don't believe in the concept of 'better' music. What's 'better' to one person is different to the next. I appreciate the cyclical nature of it all, the variation, the fact that my tastes change and I have to align that with where the 'mainstream' sounds go, etc. I actually think trance was better in 06 than 03 but that's me - you probably think different.

I just hate music standing still for stupidly long periods, I hate 'cookie cutter' sounds where everyone tries to fit the one mould, and I hate it when pop music influences come across too strong in to music I like (although fwiw, I don't think enough blame for this actually falls with the artists that do it, as much as Armada and co clearly tempt them).

'Underground' (I hate that word) trance has been cutting sick in the last few hrs (provided you accept the prog stuff as trance - which most do) while mainstream has suffered very poorly. As poorly as I can recall in my 8-9yrs listening to EDM. Even if you like the Armada sound, I can't see how you can see that one sound being the only sound pushed as a good thing. Fingers crossed Oakey and Askew push a viable alternative that sits more in the mainstream side of things.
Would mean more music for discerning listeners to choose from, more scope to win people over from the pop side (which is where many all start, now more than ever with the reach it has), and more volume of tunes with a true 'trance' feel and a sense of variety which hopefully inspires more of the same from new producers. Would be a welcome change from producers needing to fit the mould to 'make it'.

You can't obviously attend to everyone's word like and what not; better was just an ad hoc choice lol

HATE = word of the day

Oakey's a legend, nuff said..
chris pana +

catalina wine mixer

Times thanked
< 12
mate, kick back and have a nang

Upcoming:
TBA - Feb 2012

Listen: www.soundcloud.com/chris-pana
Follow: www.facebook.com/ChrisPana
angy +

DEFQON.1!!!!!!!!!!!

Times thanked
< 244

Quote:

Exactly

Music is different, but as craftsmen, these guys are all getting better I think.

Quote:

Quote:

more PLUR please Angy.

JulesPLees +

Times thanked
< 212
yes the rolling stones are so much better right now than they were in 1971. 'as craftsmen.'
angy +

DEFQON.1!!!!!!!!!!!

Times thanked
< 244
DJs are different to old bands who just play the same shit, duh

Quote:

Quote:

more PLUR please Angy.

chris pana +

catalina wine mixer

Times thanked
< 12
here, i'll load one up for you man...balloon or straight from the bottle?

Upcoming:
TBA - Feb 2012

flippy +

Times thanked
< 285
i dunhaz the time to go over all the poo-slinging that's been going on this morning whilst i've been dreaming of the weekend during boardroom meetings but all i can say is:

emiritus_trance: i agree to a degree that getting older means your tastes change. i never used to like beer or mushrooms (the food) but they're seriously nom now but i've had an internal powerstruggle at times with "am i getting jaded or is music getting shitter?" and i, perhaps quite boringly, came to the conclusion that it's a little bit of both those example tunes i wacked up on this thread earlier? I cant find things nowadays that compare to them, but occasionally i hear something today that sounds close. the oldies are prob just more credible & awesome to me though because i have memories tied to em.

but with regards to if Oakey has lost it, never had it, is getting it back now, etc. I heard his ASOT500 CD on the weekend which gets released soon and, even though all five CD's are classic anthem type ones, Oakeys was fkn brilliant. his choices here were outstanding. so if he's gone from "poo" to making choices like the below, i tend to hope that this means he's cleaning his sinus' out & is getting to be something that we may actually all start listening to again?

Disc Two: Paul Oakenfold
1 Grace – Not Over Yet (Robert Vadney Remix)
2 Interstate – I Found You
3 Peter Martin presents Anthanasia – Perfect Wave
4 Chakra – Home
5 Ascension – Someone (Robert Vadney Remix)
6 Paul Oakenfold – Southern Sun (Roman Hunter Remix)
7 Solarstone – Seven Cities (V-One’s Living Cities Remix)
8 Planet Perfecto – Bullet In A Gun (Nat Monday Remix)
9 Insigma – Open Our Eyes
10 Paul Oakenfold feat. Matt Goss – Firefly (Nat Monday Remix)
11 Paul Oakenfold – Tokyo
12 DJ Misjah & DJ Tim – Access

i dunno half the tunes in there but they were all top notch.

Jed - Prog/Tech/Trance

GIGS'n'SHIT
09/05_TRANCE NATION

JulesPLees +

Times thanked
< 212
^ They are mostly old tunes - number 12 jason midro cained for a bout 5 years lol - i quite like tokyo for one of oakeys newies

and chris - straight from the bottle bro - i usually like to do doubles but angy's super intelligence makes me think im gunna have to triPLe on this one.

Last edited by JulesPLees: 15-Apr-11 at 01:03pm

chris pana +

catalina wine mixer

Times thanked
< 12
alrighty then, i'll charge up a second....*psssssssh*....here you go son.

Upcoming:
TBA - Feb 2012

turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,433

Quote:

flippy +

Times thanked
< 285
Hit me up when you're done Jules..
angy +

DEFQON.1!!!!!!!!!!!

Times thanked
< 244

Quote:

and chris - straight from the bottle bro - i usually like to do doubles but angy's super intelligence makes me think im gunna have to triPLe on this one.

I reckon you should step up to amyl and roofies to help make the pain go away. Every day, on the hour.

Quote:

Quote:

more PLUR please Angy.

JulesPLees +

Times thanked
< 212
im thinking of just going down the same route you took man and getting the full lobotomy
angy +

DEFQON.1!!!!!!!!!!!

Times thanked
< 244
lol, it might mean you can deal with the horror of it all again, it certainly helped me.

Quote:

Quote:

more PLUR please Angy.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »