Mass Effect 3

Tools
Kiron +

Mess with the best, Die like the rest!

Times thanked
< 373
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...ger-audiences/

Mass Effect 3 confirmed for shit.

Why do they have to brush off the games audience to appeal to CoDfags? Jesus in ME2 they already dumbed down the game as much as I thought was humanly possible.
Yak, yak, yak. Get a job
Kiron22 << Add me to Last.fm bitches so we can Hipster it up together
Charger +

No.

Times thanked
< 954
All they've done is improve the mechanics of the shooter aspects so that they closer to par with what's expected from... wait for it... shooter mechanics. This may, just may, have something to do with the game's core combat mechanics being, and always being... no really, wait for it... a shooter.

This is covered in the Game Informer article.
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 9,348
fucking fags. Ruinating the best of things all the time to "appeal to a larger audience" aka make us more moneys.
legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
< 1,314
Hrmmmmmm. Hrmmmmm. I dont think I want to see them dumb it down anymore than ME2 to be honest, it was pretty much perfect balance wise. The thing I am worried about is them cutting down on the dialogue, which is one of my fav parts of the series, short tempered short attention spanned CoD generation of sperger gamers probably dont sit through that?

ME1 was the epic, ME2 was the gameplay honed, they just need to take ME2 and add a little bit more epic story to it rather than loads of character missions. DONT FUCK IT UP BIOWARE.

Maybe it will be Dragon Age 2 with guns. (Yes I know I loved DA2 at first, but realising you spend 50 hours in the one city killed it in the arsehole)
I’m a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women, and breakfast food.
jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
< 4,682
new screens

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/05/the...he-human-race/
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledz View Post

Anyone else love the DLC where you visit the first ship that crashed? I thought it was a really nice touch and very immersive.

Yeah man, loved that. Getting all the dogtags made me very

Jarrard, they're not new. They're in the GI article.
Chippie +

dm6

Times thanked
< 1,516
Well it cant be worse the DA2 right?
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
Shut the fuck up, you guys. I'm seriously. It's going to PWN. They are NOT going to drop the ball for the climax of the fucking trilogy!

WE'LL BE BLOWING UP REAPERS LEFT RIGHT AND CENTER, MOTHERFUCKERS!
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 9,348
shep better not have a fucking cape.
legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
< 1,314
Shep is now a wizard.
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
My Shep has a vagina. A cherry ripe vagina.

Giggity.
legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
< 1,314
Shep is a witch now.
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
Darkspawn.
legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
< 1,314
Anyways should be sick, definitely going to put my talent points into Sword and Shield.
Chippie +

dm6

Times thanked
< 1,516
Clint Mansell is doing the soundtrack
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
Old news.
Charger +

No.

Times thanked
< 954
I can't believe how misread-into that quote was. There is no evidence that they are dumbing the game down to attract CoD fags. They're improving the shooter aspects to be of a similar quality and feature set so that, as bank balance bonus, it ALSO appeals to that crowd as well as the original fans who will still reap benefits from said improvents.

ME has always been a RPG Lite, and the changes to the RPG elements (like the shitty inventory system) were legitimate streamlining exercises. Maybe the PC crowd aren't miffed by the inventory when they can clickety-click their way through it, but being a console lead game, it makes sense.

Being able to vault over an obstacle without taking cover against it first, or DICE-made weapon audio, doesn't suddenly mean the game won't be the good old galaxy-trotting, biotic-toting, alien-loving, talk-fest it was before.
ABitPatchy +

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Times thanked
< 2,871
I don't think you are all underestimating EA enough.
Charger +

No.

Times thanked
< 954
I'll take EA over Activision any day.
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/05/fiv...-want-to-hear/

Spoiler:

Quote:

Mass Effect 3 executive producer Casey Hudson spoke with UK magazine Xbox World, divulging some mid-production intel about Shepard and company. The info is scattershot; little pieces of unconnected details about many different aspects of the game. Still, they help to create a larger picture of BioWare’s vision for the game.

For those of you who want stay spoiler-free, here’s a broad over-arching synopsis. If all goes according to plan, Mass Effect 3 is going to be bigger than its predecessors: It’s also going to be more detailed than ever before. BioWare’s goal is to create a realistic physical world worthy of holding the epic universe they created and that their fans love.

Warning: Spoilers below. This is the point of no-return. Reading past this point will reveal information vital to the plot of Mass Effect 3

1. Mass Effect 3 will have fewer party characters than Mass Effect 2

Don’t expect to have nearly as many characters in Mass Effect 3 as you did in ME2. ME2‘s large crew – 12 playable characters – was necessary for the game’s posse-building storyline, but was a little large for BioWare’s taste.

“Twelve was a big number in Mass Effect 2 – almost too big,” says Hudson. “We’re focused on a smaller squad with deeper relationships and more interesting interplay in Mass Effect 3′ he explains. “We’re not going to have twelve again but we are going to do more with the characters on your squad including Liara, and Kaidan or Ashley. And we’re bringing everyone back – every main character is in Mass Effect 3 somewhere.”

So yes, it is very possible that you might not get to control your favourite ME2 character. That said, every character from the game has a role to play in the story, provided they survived your trip through the Omega-4 relay.

2. You will travel to new worlds.

This one’s kind of a no-brainer. Many of the planet you’ll visit in ME3 are places you’ve only heard about in previous games. Hudson mentions that you’ll see Palaven (the Turian homeworld) and Rannoch (the Quarian homeworld) in the game. It’s also confirmed that you will return to Krogan homeworld Tunchaka.

As you might have already guessed, Shepard will also be going to Earth in this game. Hudson said that players will get to see “a Seattle/Vancouver megacity” both before and after the Reapers destroy it. Connecting the world of <Mass Effect to our own, the city is designed to look just like Vancouver. “If you Google Map Vancouver the layout is pretty much the exact same as our map,” according to level artist Don Arceta.

3. Those worlds are going to be big.

Reapers are big. In order to have accommodate fights with them, or even having them nearby means designing levels much larger than the usual spaceship corridors that make up a large portion of Mass Effect‘s locales. Many of levels will include more open spaces. BioWare plans to make the shift in a way a dramatic way, claiming that some levels that are not only larger than anything ever seen in a Mass Effect game, but larger than any game built with the Unreal Engine.

Think of it this way. At least one level has to be big enough for Shepard to fight using a 15m tall Cerberus mech.

4. In combat, you’ll need to think on your feet

The gunplay in Mass Effect 2 is mostly standard cover-based shooter fare. It was often OK to hide behind cover, picking off enemies at the back of a room while directing your teammates. The ME3 team plans to change that. They want you to be forced to scramble. To do that, BioWare is putting enemy tactics at the forefront. Different types of enemies will not only have varying abilities, they’ll those skills in tandem. “Some will provide covering fire for snipers, some will deploy smoke to hide advancing comrades, others will coordinate subordinate units, and one will stomp around consuming its fallen friends to fuel itself,” according to the feature.

5. Weapons are going to be much more customizable and detailed

In keeping up with their pledge to create a “deeper RPG experience” this time around, you’ll be able to fine-tune your weapons in Mass Effect 3 much more than the last two games. “Every weapon is modular and can be customised with up to five modifications; scopes increase a rifle’s zoom factor, new barrels increase accuracy or damage,” says Hudson. “Sling your gun on a workbench and it can be customised for a job at hand.” Based on that last part, it sounds like it may be important to not only upgrade your weapons, but adjust them to suit different situations.

Hudson also mentioned that the team has been mixing it up with members of the DICE team, getting advice on how to make the guns sound realistic in varying environments.

Now that you’ve read all that, you’re probably not happy that you’ll have to wait until 2012 to finally get your hands on it.

ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
Spoiler:
At least one level has to be big enough for Shepard to fight using a 15m tall Cerberus mech.
TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

Times thanked
< 6,109
how can i like a post a million times?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 9,348
ABitPatchy +

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Times thanked
< 2,871
On to more important things... will Miranda be aboard the Normandy?
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 9,348

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABitPatchy View Post

On to more important things... will Miranda be aboard the Normandy?

you bet her cracking arse she will

that's one storyline i don't think they'd want to stop. Imagine the nerd rage tsunami on the intarwebs
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
Liara or STFU.
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
< 5,699
Wait wait wait....DX3 and ME3 both in 2012 and they are both reportedly FUCKING AWESOME!?!?

No wonder the world will end!
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
Cool discussion about Shepard's sexuality.
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
< 5,699
Interesting discussion.
I tend to play with default characters in these types of games because it makes me feel like it's more canon. The same JC Denton, the same Jack Shepard and so on.
Charger +

No.

Times thanked
< 954
I'm the opposite. I LOVED it when I jumped into ME2 and it was MY Shep. I was much more engaged in the proceedings because of it.
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
Dyke Shep who flirts like a hooker with male crew imo.
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
Wait...what?
ABitPatchy +

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Times thanked
< 2,871
Air fondle Miranda?
legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
< 1,314
http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/116/1168478p1.html

Finally, Ian's ultimate game.
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...0&postcount=78

legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
< 1,314
I stand erected.
Rocca +

Query: Do you feel lucky, meatbag?

Times thanked
< 133
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1172082p1.html

played at e3
one hit melee kills, grenades, changes to moving, cover, aiming and guns
OH MMM TRANCE?

https://soundcloud.com/philby/phillip-bourne-july-2012

ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
Collector's Edition:

I CAN HAZ N7 FABRIC PATCH?!

Spoiler:
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 9,348
gonna sew it on my best shirt.
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
That's your XXXL Mass Effect tee, isn't it?
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
Kinect voice commands confirmed.

The exclusivity is pissing PS3 and PC owners off
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573
ok so finally got ME1

need help tho - how are you meant to decrypt stuff? When I go to a locked door/box it brings up the four coloured keys and they flash, and then I press the one that's flashing, and then it says I've failed. WTF? Am I missing something?

Has happened 3 times so far.
jaebles +

makin' a pizzzzaaaa

Times thanked
< 150
According to YT, you gotta nail those buttons very very fast.

Media Player

Nothing like that on the PC version, we had variations on frogger

Media Player
For all your umbrella needs!
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573
Thanks mate!

Dunno why I didn't try YT first, I was looking for a written guide through google, duh!
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
Soooooo...FemShep is blonde now.

Meh.
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 9,348
umm look at all those pics and tell me again she's blonde. Looks more like you can customise her like in the last one (i think you could? been a while..)
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
The vote was for the generic out of the box FemShep. Who will now be blonde.

Of course you'll be able to customise, I'm just saying meh because...well...blonde.
jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
< 4,682
i was a bit dissapointed with the creation of my shephard.

he looked all sweet and stuff, and then when i said ok and actually put him into the game, he looked like emerson todd with that weird mouth and giant upper lip
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,290
Yeah, my chick's a bit duck billed.

Never look the same in game
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 9,348
gonna make my shep look like this:

Spoiler:

Last edited by NismoR31: 04-Aug-11 at 08:05pm