The DJ Booth

The NEW Beatport!

Reply
  Tools
J0rdz +

Tewnnnnz

J0rdz's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 1,246
Posts
4,122
The NEW Beatport!
Thought I'd get in early. Secured myself an invite to the beta version and am very pleased with what I see.

Probably the best thing about it is the fact that it's gone away with shitty Flash and now presented in full HTML5 glory!
Other big thing for me is that all the tracks are now listed with BPM and the KEY in which they are played in.

Anyone else had a chance to get on there? thoughts?

Enter your email to get a an invite! Not sure how flippant they're being with invites, but a few of my mates have gotten there's
http://beta.beatport.com/beta
| DJ | Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Substance |
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

pomrocks's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
< 958
Posts
13,905

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0rdz View Post

Other big thing for me is that all the tracks are now listed with BPM and the KEY in which they are played in.



Really beatport really?
Playing at;


Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page


SHRUG
J0rdz +

Tewnnnnz

J0rdz's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 1,246
Posts
4,122

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomrocks View Post



Really beatport really?

LOL! BPM is a bit of a b.s feature, but I like the fact that they tell you what key the tracks are in.
I wonder how this will affect sales for applications liked mixed in key!
| DJ | Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Substance |
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

pomrocks's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
< 958
Posts
13,905
how many people are just going to serach buy key & bpm and miss out on some amazing tracks?

1/2 the fun is buying tracks that sound great then figuring out how the fuck you'll manage to mix them in a set

this is just going to lead to more & more one dimensional flat boring dj sets
Playing at;


Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page


SHRUG
J0rdz +

Tewnnnnz

J0rdz's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 1,246
Posts
4,122

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomrocks View Post

how many people are just going to serach buy key & bpm and miss out on some amazing tracks?

1/2 the fun is buying tracks that sound great then figuring out how the fuck you'll manage to mix them in a set

this is just going to lead to more & more one dimensional flat boring dj sets

Let it head that way. That'll mean people who take time with their music selection will stand out more.
| DJ | Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Substance |
Mike-O-Sito +

cowbell

Mike-O-Sito's Avatar
Joined
Aug '05
Times thanked
< 365
Posts
3,123
I'll be happy when I get my 25% voucher...
until then, beatport can get fucked!
Mike BigFX - Soundcloud page http://soundcloud.com/mike-bigfx

Breaks in all its forms!
Progressive | Oldskool | NuSkool
J0rdz +

Tewnnnnz

J0rdz's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 1,246
Posts
4,122

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike-O-Sito View Post

I'll be happy when I get my 25% voucher...
until then, beatport can get fucked!

OMFG. I've never had one either! haha
| DJ | Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Substance |
sd88me +

Registered User

sd88me's Avatar
Joined
Sep '08
Times thanked
< 72
Posts
986
if anyone has a spare code, please hook me up!
AKA - http://soundcloud.com/samakasam
Mike-O-Sito +

cowbell

Mike-O-Sito's Avatar
Joined
Aug '05
Times thanked
< 365
Posts
3,123

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0rdz View Post

OMFG. I've never had one either! haha

i've had about 5 in the past.
But its been about 2 months since my last one and I got about $100 bucks worth of track in my cart atm
Mike BigFX - Soundcloud page http://soundcloud.com/mike-bigfx

Breaks in all its forms!
Progressive | Oldskool | NuSkool
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

pomrocks's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
< 958
Posts
13,905

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0rdz View Post

Let it head that way. That'll mean people who take time with their music selection will stand out more.

Good point
Playing at;


Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page


SHRUG
narkdawg +

Registered User

Joined
Apr '11
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
13
any idea when the new version will be out?
sd88me +

Registered User

sd88me's Avatar
Joined
Sep '08
Times thanked
< 72
Posts
986
website says spring 2011.. but its already the american spring? dunno if they mean our spring.. is the website that smart to know where we are?
AKA - http://soundcloud.com/samakasam
DJBT +

Registered User

Joined
Aug '09
Times thanked
< 7
Posts
466
says spring 2011 on that page so im guessing within like a couple months
m_xt +

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.

m_xt's Avatar
Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
< 1,425
Posts
4,103
actually sounds alright, I wouldn't mind knowing the bpm hate it when I dl a sweet track and it's so slow I have nothing to mix it with.
Check it ****s.
Soundcloud

LAZE
slackas +

Music on my mind...

slackas's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
< 97
Posts
5,389
TUWK57DB

E8KRP3UU

If you need one...
Tech-One
kasper_flip +

;_;

kasper_flip's Avatar
Joined
Aug '05
Times thanked
< 2,056
Posts
3,894
Cheers slackas, used the first one.

Heres one for anyone else who wants one

3QHCPE5Y

I tend to avoid using Beatport unless I have a discount code or they have a track exclusive, mainly cos of their hideous (and buggy) interface. This seems better.

Last edited by kasper_flip: 12-May-11 at 08:19pm

sd88me +

Registered User

sd88me's Avatar
Joined
Sep '08
Times thanked
< 72
Posts
986
damn i missed out on all the codes above!!
if anyone would like to pass one on, please PM me.
i hate flash beatport, such a pain for me
AKA - http://soundcloud.com/samakasam
J0rdz +

Tewnnnnz

J0rdz's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 1,246
Posts
4,122

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_xt View Post

actually sounds alright, I wouldn't mind knowing the bpm hate it when I dl a sweet track and it's so slow I have nothing to mix it with.

Serious? You can't tell by just listening to the track and tell the ballpark?
Let me guess - you've only ever DJd on CDJs?
| DJ | Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Substance |
sd88me +

Registered User

sd88me's Avatar
Joined
Sep '08
Times thanked
< 72
Posts
986
whoa... high horse..
dont think its a matter of medium, rather time and experience.

if anything you would have a better idea of naming bpm's from using cdj's as u get an actual number to relate the pace to. On turntables you never really know what the number is, just always matching the pace by feel.
AKA - http://soundcloud.com/samakasam
sd88me +

Registered User

sd88me's Avatar
Joined
Sep '08
Times thanked
< 72
Posts
986
i mean i wouldnt have a clue how fast exactly any of my wax is..
all i know is slowish, normalish and banging.
AKA - http://soundcloud.com/samakasam
Mike-O-Sito +

cowbell

Mike-O-Sito's Avatar
Joined
Aug '05
Times thanked
< 365
Posts
3,123
anyone with a discount code hook us up
Mike BigFX - Soundcloud page http://soundcloud.com/mike-bigfx

Breaks in all its forms!
Progressive | Oldskool | NuSkool
Onijin +

Pastor of Muppets

Onijin's Avatar
Joined
Jan '10
Times thanked
< 403
Posts
3,368
Don't really bother too much with mixing in key at the moment, but BPM could be useful if I need to search for tracks in different BPM brackets to give me more tracks to mix with in certain ranges, as well as when it comes to marking BPMs down on CD tracklists instead of having to analyse them with Traktor or with Rekordbox or by CDJ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimby View Post

Needs more Prog imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by horst View Post

Hardly a surprise, one was a moron the other wanted to shoot people with microchips.

My SoundCloud
Eros le Tardfack +

lol at teh you

Eros le Tardfack's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
< 102
Posts
1,495
just count the beats in 15 or 30s and multiply.

do doctors or nurses bust out traktor every time they take somone's heart rate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fidgetgod

hey there i set a fourm up to post links too songs of fidget house message me for the link

i need moderators admins and just plain members ill trust onley some people to be admins and mods so please join my forum mutch appereciated fidget god

lurker +

Registered User

lurker's Avatar
Joined
Jan '10
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
151

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eros le Tardfack View Post

do doctors or nurses bust out traktor every time they take somone's heart rate?

sd88me +

Registered User

sd88me's Avatar
Joined
Sep '08
Times thanked
< 72
Posts
986

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eros le Tardfack View Post


do doctors or nurses bust out traktor every time they take somone's heart rate?

u dont need to know the 'bpm' during the procedure, why bother counting lol? as long as each track matches..

sif stare at ur watch for 30seconds every track lol.

the only benefit in knowing bpm is when making a setlist or mixtape.
AKA - http://soundcloud.com/samakasam
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Funkedub's Avatar
Joined
Jan '03
Times thanked
< 3,818
Posts
21,062
Fgth52ty

Prgj26sj
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com



*musical needs most likely not met
deadly +

Registered User

Joined
Nov '09
Times thanked
< 11
Posts
230
CCUZ6W3K and VCY7Y13G.
http://tunesforyou.wordpress.com/
Onijin +

Pastor of Muppets

Onijin's Avatar
Joined
Jan '10
Times thanked
< 403
Posts
3,368

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eros le Tardfack View Post

just count the beats in 15 or 30s and multiply.

do doctors or nurses bust out traktor every time they take somone's heart rate?

I'm still currently a bedroom banger who ventures into the lounge every once in a while, but I try to keep my sets flowing reasonably well, particularly when recording them, and I don't really want to spend too much time trying to find a track with, say, 130bpm, to act as a bridge between one track at 128bpm and another at 133bpm. Prefer to keep things organised where possible, but that's just me.

But each to their own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimby View Post

Needs more Prog imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by horst View Post

Hardly a surprise, one was a moron the other wanted to shoot people with microchips.

My SoundCloud
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Funkedub's Avatar
Joined
Jan '03
Times thanked
< 3,818
Posts
21,062
are you guys for real?!?!

95% of what you're mixing occupies a BPM range no larger than 10BPM ... it's all -/+ 5 BPM from 130


Hand me a crate of house i've never heard before and you won't have to tell me the BPM of a single track ... i'll be able to mix it no problem.
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com



*musical needs most likely not met
Zeus383 +

Registered User

Zeus383's Avatar
Joined
Feb '09
Times thanked
< 105
Posts
1,027
nice...like the new beatport

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post

NEWSFLASH: Mainstream popular DJs disliked by underground music enthusiasts

pomrocks +

Does it Deep

pomrocks's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
< 958
Posts
13,905

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onijin View Post

I'm still currently a bedroom banger who ventures into the lounge every once in a while, but I try to keep my sets flowing reasonably well, particularly when recording them, and I don't really want to spend too much time trying to find a track with, say, 130bpm, to act as a bridge between one track at 128bpm and another at 133bpm. Prefer to keep things organised where possible, but that's just me.

But each to their own.

There's this wondering bit of kit found on all CDJs & turntables call pitch control
Playing at;


Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page


SHRUG
NewjackThe2nd +

can't wait to finish the new ecdm-digital.net site :)

NewjackThe2nd's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
< 15
Posts
1,403
agreed, looks good
http://commercialclubking.blogspot.com 850,000 Views 202 Countries Visit Daily 360,000 Unique Visitors. 3615 views in 24hrs Record
http://twitter.com/#!/ecdm_digital
archietech +

DO A THING

archietech's Avatar
Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
< 10
Posts
1,966

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike-O-Sito View Post

anyone with a discount code hook us up

this massively fucks me off too (the 25% business).

i've spent an absolute shitload of money and never ever get a voucher, but lots of my mates do regularly.

the 'key' is to load your holding thing up with tunes and if there are enough and have been there a certain period of time beatport will send you the 25% off thing to encourage you to grab them all.

i want tunes when i want them and never ever use the holding thing and get punished. it's bullshit.

i wrote them an angry email about it () and all they did was send me a 25% off code, which i wasn't happy with and just made me angrier
~*~**~**~~*~**~**~*~**~**~~*~**~**~*~**~**~~*~**~* *~*~**~**~~*
the tasmanian connection

sunday 8pm --> 10pm EST! on www.nsbradio.co.uk

Bbb RrRr Ee A KK SssSSs and such

hi i'm a facebook thing for this
~*~**~**~~*~**~**~**~**~*~~*~**~**~*~**~**~~*~**~* *~*~**~**~~*
DJBT +

Registered User

Joined
Aug '09
Times thanked
< 7
Posts
466

Quote:

Originally Posted by archietech View Post

this massively fucks me off too (the 25% business).

i've spent an absolute shitload of money and never ever get a voucher, but lots of my mates do regularly.

the 'key' is to load your holding thing up with tunes and if there are enough and have been there a certain period of time beatport will send you the 25% off thing to encourage you to grab them all.

i want tunes when i want them and never ever use the holding thing and get punished. it's bullshit.

i wrote them an angry email about it () and all they did was send me a 25% off code, which i wasn't happy with and just made me angrier

i hear what your saying, I have had 2 or 3 of them, but that because I load my hold bin then leave it. I agree its bullshit they should be rewarding the people that spend up big rather than the people that don't spend much at all.
Onijin +

Pastor of Muppets

Onijin's Avatar
Joined
Jan '10
Times thanked
< 403
Posts
3,368

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomrocks View Post

There's this wondering bit of kit found on all CDJs & turntables call pitch control

Yes, but I'm a fussy **** when it comes to how things sound.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimby View Post

Needs more Prog imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by horst View Post

Hardly a surprise, one was a moron the other wanted to shoot people with microchips.

My SoundCloud
lawlietskyy +

its showtime ! *Arnold Voice*.

lawlietskyy's Avatar
Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
< 417
Posts
1,062
Feel the music - it will come with experience
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Funkedub's Avatar
Joined
Jan '03
Times thanked
< 3,818
Posts
21,062

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onijin View Post

Yes, but I'm a fussy **** when it comes to how things sound.

WTF does sound have to do with using pitch control?
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com



*musical needs most likely not met
Bracko +

.

Bracko's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
< 1,672
Posts
38,511

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0rdz View Post

OMFG. I've never had one either! haha

buy a shitload, then stop. they keep sending them out to you for EVER.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan View Post

well done sofu, perhaps your most offensive post yet!

Eros le Tardfack +

lol at teh you

Eros le Tardfack's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
< 102
Posts
1,495

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onijin View Post

I'm still currently a bedroom banger who ventures into the lounge every once in a while, but I try to keep my sets flowing reasonably well, particularly when recording them, and I don't really want to spend too much time trying to find a track with, say, 130bpm, to act as a bridge between one track at 128bpm and another at 133bpm. Prefer to keep things organised where possible, but that's just me.

But each to their own.

...yeah...hence why I gave you a method to determine bpm that takes 30s at the most, and only requires a watch and a sense of rhythm.
Papanikolas +

In the beginning there was Jack.....Daniels

Papanikolas's Avatar
Joined
Nov '07
Times thanked
< 351
Posts
1,927

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onijin View Post

and I don't really want to spend too much time trying to find a track with, say, 130bpm, to act as a bridge between one track at 128bpm and another at 133bpm

thats one of the most retarded things i've read. It's only 5 bpm difference! Use the pitch. It seems like too many of you people are obsessing over bpms and keys way more than neccessary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkedub View Post

are you guys for real?!?!

95% of what you're mixing occupies a BPM range no larger than 10BPM ... it's all -/+ 5 BPM from 130

Hand me a crate of house i've never heard before and you won't have to tell me the BPM of a single track ... i'll be able to mix it no problem.

i'd have to agree with you here
deejaydee +

Registered User

Joined
Aug '09
Times thanked
< 14
Posts
730
Great news about the new format, removing the flash-heavy design is sure to improve the functionality.

I for one am OK with the addition of track keys, and don't foresee that it will affect the way that I shop for music, rather, it will save me a little post-purchase time.
Mike-O-Sito +

cowbell

Mike-O-Sito's Avatar
Joined
Aug '05
Times thanked
< 365
Posts
3,123
maybe i'll write an angry letter to Beatport complaining that I haven't had a 25% off voucher in 2 months.
Mike BigFX - Soundcloud page http://soundcloud.com/mike-bigfx

Breaks in all its forms!
Progressive | Oldskool | NuSkool
SlicyDicer +

white people are the worst

SlicyDicer's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
< 3,169
Posts
17,195
Oh sweet I can tell what key the songs I make are in because I'm a talentless hack
http://soundcloud.com/kultrun
Beatport
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

patrickbateman's Avatar
Joined
Jun '09
Times thanked
< 2,263
Posts
6,362

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkedub View Post

WTF does sound have to do with using pitch control?

maybe he uses master tempo/key lock. lolz
http://soundcloud.com/calum-james
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

patrickbateman's Avatar
Joined
Jun '09
Times thanked
< 2,263
Posts
6,362
68SGRWB7 and SDR3FZW8.
http://soundcloud.com/calum-james
plan-b +

Angus van Beeran

plan-b's Avatar
Joined
Dec '03
Times thanked
< 606
Posts
19,228

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0rdz View Post

LOL! BPM is a bit of a b.s feature, but I like the fact that they tell you what key the tracks are in.
I wonder how this will affect sales for applications liked mixed in key!

This isn't directed at you (or at anyone else specifically), but fuck I can't stand DJs who write little numbers on their CDs without knowing the first bit of music theory (and why the Camelot wheel works) and then as JulesPLees on this forum says: "Paint by numbers".

You were born with two ears, they're perfectly capable of being able to hearing harmonics, USE THEM!

Quote:

Originally Posted by archietech View Post

i wrote them an angry email about it () and all they did was send me a 25% off code, which i wasn't happy with and just made me angrier

Let me get this straight, you were complaining because they never sent you a 25% voucher, so you sent them an angry email, they sent you a 25% off voucher, and this made you angrier?

Why not just register a second account, buy all your music on that and then wait for them to send the voucher to your primary account and do a big spending spree then?

Some of you guys are tight arses, try paying $15-$20 for a record (plus if you ordered online you had to wait for it to come in, AND if you lost or damaged one, you couldn't burn another copy, you had to order it in again).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

Oh right, so you're just another typical apple fanboy troll.

plan-b +

Angus van Beeran

plan-b's Avatar
Joined
Dec '03
Times thanked
< 606
Posts
19,228
Oh yeah, on the topic of the new Beatport:

Love it, think it's a step in the right direction, can't wait to see the arse end of Flash (and hopefully the Adobe AIR version of the Beatport Downloader), but I still prefer using Beatler ($12 from the Mac App store, but so worth it)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

Oh right, so you're just another typical apple fanboy troll.

patrickbateman +

the devil's son

patrickbateman's Avatar
Joined
Jun '09
Times thanked
< 2,263
Posts
6,362

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan-b View Post


Why not just register a second account, buy all your music on that and then wait for them to send the voucher to your primary account and do a big spending spree then?

yeah this. i have 7 beatport accounts. vouchers galore
http://soundcloud.com/calum-james
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Bumpy's Avatar
Joined
Mar '07
Times thanked
< 4,500
Posts
5,475
Here are 2 more codes. 8B38W6JY and I7T8J8QB

I don't like how the player doesn't have a playlist history where you can browse through the songs you have listened to the sample. The new Play/pause and next song, previous song just doesn't cut it for me
plan-b +

Angus van Beeran

plan-b's Avatar
Joined
Dec '03
Times thanked
< 606
Posts
19,228

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post

Here are 2 more codes. 8B38W6JY and I7T8J8QB

I don't like how the player doesn't have a playlist history where you can browse through the songs you have listened to the sample. The new Play/pause and next song, previous song just doesn't cut it for me

Click the down arrow up the top right, next to the Key Commands button.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

Oh right, so you're just another typical apple fanboy troll.

Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts