Sydney

Stereosonic @ Sydney Showgrounds / 26th Nov

All About:

All About

+Follow

Add Follows

Stay informed about your favourite artists and events. We'll email you whenever there is new events, news or content posted about your favourite things. Simply select those you want to be notified about View my Follows |  Follow Settings

• Sydney Showground
  • Gaslamp Killer
  • Shock One
  • Beni
  • Bloody Beetroots
  • Mr. Oizo
  • Avicii
  • Empire Of The Sun
  • Kaskade
  • Sub_Focus
  • Claude Von Stroke
  • Zombie Nation
  • Drop the Lime
  • Guy Gerber
  • Deetron
  • Jochen Miller
  • Arty
  • Yousef
  • Acid Jacks
  • Jon Rundell
  • Carl Cox
  • Armin van Buuren
  • Ferry Corsten
  • Afrojack
  • LMFAO
  • BT
  • Benny Benassi
  • Andy C
  • Dirty South
  • Dash Berlin
  • Datsik
  • Crookers
  • Pnau
  • Annie Mac
  • Caspa
  • Pretty Lights
  • Bag Raiders
  • Stereosonic
Cancel Finish

Description:

After scooping many inthemix “Best Festival” awards in 2010 with an amazing 5 shows across the country, Stereosonic returns for 2011!

With an amazing line-up of current stars and future legends combined with the best venues and crowds in Australia, Stereosonic welcomes the...

Tools
Wowk +

Has got special powers and he's got lots of friends

Times thanked
< 532
Bathroom situation was surprisingly good for a festival last year. As Ed, Turk and Queen said, the site is so large there's a large number of bathrooms - some are even tucked away where people don't even go looking so you never have to line up at all.

This lineup is a massive fail though. Only PvH and Deetron are of any interest to me. I'd say BT, but I saw him live two years ago and he was terrible. The days of "Fibonacci Sequence" are long gone, sadly. Sideshows for PvH and Deetron please, not paying a full festival ticket price for two acts and a bunch of music that will make me feel like necking myself

And seriously, if you were going to book D&B acts, you could have done better than Andy C and Sub Focus, feels like a token attempt to say "oh look at us, we are diverse, we are booking drum & bass acts!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyentist

More than 23 Australians like techno (and I can prove it)...
http://soundcloud.com/groups/techno-fans-australia

wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 344

Agree about the DnB Wowk.
separatevolume07 +

Times thanked
< 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wowk View Post

This lineup is a massive fail though.

Kind of a wanky thing to say just cos you didn't get what you wanted - I'm sure there are heaps of trance fans (myself included) that would strongly disagree with your statement.
james223 +

Times thanked
< 155
Its just a shame a couple of the trance names like arty and myon & shane 54 weren't on the Godskitchen lineup. Still think this festival has something for everyone and probably one of the best lineups for a mainstream festival in the last couple of years or so, from a trance perspective anyway.
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 3,011

Quote:

Originally Posted by separatevolume07 View Post

I'm sure there are heaps of trance fans (myself included) that would strongly disagree with your statement.

this is the issue i think. the only people who are fapping over the line up are trance heads. So clearly the line up favours you guys. But the diversity in other genres is fairly non existant. apart from a bit of techno here, a spot of drum n bass there, the token prog dj etc etc
last year was great for techno, for example
I wouldn't say its a shit line up, theres some ok acts, but on a whole trance fans clearly won scissor, paper, rock this time round.
soundcloud
mixcloud
Romie +

Times thanked
< 752

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffybunny View Post

If you were a girl you would understand !!!
You men can just Pee where ever you like - we cant
So yeah - we do decide on a venue - esp a festival based on if it has ample toilets etc

This girl doesn't agree
Media Player
Jose Mourinho +

Times thanked
< 11
^^^
hahahahah awesome. What a grub.
Teknikall +

Times thanked
< 443
someone should have kicked her in the khunt

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict

Rename thread to 'Jrod asks stupid questions, receives good answers, ignores advise'.

DJ DUKE DOOM +

Times thanked
< 427

Quote:

So yeah - we do decide on a venue - esp a festival based on if it has ample toilets etc

So has anyone actually been to a Stereo there before ??? who can comment with first hand knowledge ..

DJ DUKE DOOM +

Times thanked
< 427

Quote:

So has anyone actually been to a Stereo there before ??? who can comment with first hand knowledge ..

Don't bother with the gold class unless you're really interested in hanging out in the special VIP areas with the better view.

I didn't lineup for a toilet last year; just go to the ones away from the busy areas. There were some good permanent toilets next to the coatcheck, and the good portable ones were behind the Carl Cox stage (the stage furthest from the entrance). Avoid the ones in the main arena.
fluffybunny +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 1
OMG WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!
fluffybunny +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ DUKE DOOM View Post

Don't bother with the gold class unless you're really interested in hanging out in the special VIP areas with the better view.

I didn't lineup for a toilet last year; just go to the ones away from the busy areas. There were some good permanent toilets next to the coatcheck, and the good portable ones were behind the Carl Cox stage (the stage furthest from the entrance). Avoid the ones in the main arena.

Awesome !! Thanks babe ! i am gonna buy our tickets now !! Thanks heaps to everyone for the input on everything !

See you on the dance floor !!
mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 256
yeah wowky would you be saying its a massive fail if there were 2 or 3 big techno names on there that you wanted? it's only a fail for you cuz that's not the case. yet other way around..and it'd be a big win. hardware decided to go in favour of trance instead of techno this year. shoe was on the other foot last year when people like me saw the lineup as a fail cuz of the lack of trance yet techno fans saw the lineup as a win.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

shut the fuck up fag they are both money freaks

gowmesh +

Times thanked
< 5
How can ppl whinge about the lineup... its a damn gud trance line up yet there are some gud all around djs.. BT, Carl cox, Benny Benassi, Empire of the sun for the live music fans... I think overall its a win win line up for every1....
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,439
Just let us whinge ffs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mashedman

if you stroke your chin hard enough i heard a genie comes out and gives you 3 track ids

special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 3,011

Quote:

Originally Posted by gowmesh View Post

How can ppl whinge about the lineup.....

democracy. simple

Quote:

Empire of the sun for the live music fans...

oh, well that makes up for it then. i like live music. empire of the sun are playing live. my prayers are answered.

saying 'how can people whinge' is exactly like saying 'how can people like this line up'

it's an internet forum. there's always gonna be two sides
soundcloud
mixcloud

Last edited by special ed: 25-Jul-11 at 09:17am

giacs +

Times thanked
< 5
Huge mainstream lineup. Not for me however. The guys i want to see play are more guys that i would expect to play a sort of club gig and therefore don't warrant me paying for a festival ticket price and deal with a shit crowd that these types of lineup seem to bring
gowmesh +

Times thanked
< 5
Yap sure ur prayers have been answered... ya know wat else ur luck couldnt get any better.... have ya ever heard of pubs with live music... that would be heaven .. hehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by special ed View Post

democracy. simple

oh, well that makes up for it then. i like live music. empire of the sun are playing live. my prayers are answered.

saying 'how can people whinge' is exactly like saying 'how can people like this line up'

it's an internet forum. there's always gonna be two sides

turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,439
Wow, tell me more.

Quote:

if you stroke your chin hard enough i heard a genie comes out and gives you 3 track ids

walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
I just finished 3 days of Tomorrowland in Belgium... Aussie festivals need to lift their game! hopefully these guys spend a bit of their revenue on production besides some scaffolding for the DJ to play on and a couple of screens, for that price especially! We lack so much there it's dismal.

Guy Gerber ripped it, would love to see him again. But so did Magda, Lawler, Vath, Raresh, Carola, Hawtin - and that's just what I caught of the tech... more diversity definitely needed at Stereosonic to be taken seriously as a must not miss institution type festival. They set it up well last year, dropped the ball this year.
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,439

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkdogz View Post

I just finished 3 days of Tomorrowland in Belgium... Aussie festivals need to lift their game! hopefully these guys spend a bit of their revenue on production besides some scaffolding for the DJ to play on and a couple of screens, for that price especially! We lack so much there it's dismal.

Guy Gerber ripped it, would love to see him again. But so did Magda, Lawler, Vath, Raresh, Carola, Hawtin - and that's just what I caught of the tech... more diversity definitely needed at Stereosonic to be taken seriously as a must not miss institution type festival. They set it up well last year, dropped the ball this year.

Yeah but those names are definitely not very diverse.

Quote:

walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
as I said that's only what I saw of the tech-house, then there's the rest of that style, and then the rest of the line up.
kroniic +

Times thanked
< 7
*sigh* Only thingshitting me about this is gonna be watching all those teeny-boppers shuffling to LMFAO. Their Party Rock Anthem makes me wanna tear my hair out.
Wowk +

Times thanked
< 532

Quote:

Kind of a wanky thing to say just cos you didn't get what you wanted - I'm sure there are heaps of trance fans (myself included) that would strongly disagree with your statement.

Compared to last year, or the year before, which were great for both trance fans AND fans of other music, this lineup is therefore fail.

Quote:

fluffybunny +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 1
Hey Guys, Last question - and thank you so much to everyone for all your help !!

Do you know if there are any 3 bedroom hotel / appartments near Central Station ?? - We will be renting a place over the weekend of Stereo and currently only can find 2 bedroom places.

I have looked high and low - but the only place that has them seems to be near Bondi ...

If any of you know of any hotels that do 3 bedroom appartments - please let me know !!

Thank you once again
Wowk +

Times thanked
< 532

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattpolo8 View Post

yeah wowky would you be saying its a massive fail if there were 2 or 3 big techno names on there that you wanted? it's only a fail for you cuz that's not the case. yet other way around..and it'd be a big win. hardware decided to go in favour of trance instead of techno this year. shoe was on the other foot last year when people like me saw the lineup as a fail cuz of the lack of trance yet techno fans saw the lineup as a win.

There are two big techno names on there that I wanted...Deetron and PvH. But overall, lineup is filled with people who have toured here plenty of times (Armin, Ferry, Benassi) and ****s who are past their prime (BT, Cox) or represent the most horribly easily digestible crap version of a style of music (Sub Focus). I can't be arsed spending that much money on two artists I actually want to see. Last year I reckon I was interested in at least 50% of the lineup (and it wasn't just the techno acts - there were good non-obvious, non-mainstream acts across styles of music), and same as the year before. This year is incredibly one-sided musically, leaning almost exclusively toward average mainstream crud, and they'll lose the chinstroker punters who went last year and the year before as a result IMO.

Fkn hell, woke up on the wrong side of the universe this morning

Quote:

gowmesh +

Times thanked
< 5
There is medina service appartments just next to central station.... if that exact location ya r after.... Meriton apartments on kent st and world sqaure a bit pricey though... f ya r coming to syd just for stereo there are hotels and appartments in home bush the location of the event itself..

Quote:

Hey Guys, Last question - and thank you so much to everyone for all your help !!

Do you know if there are any 3 bedroom hotel / appartments near Central Station ?? - We will be renting a place over the weekend of Stereo and currently only can find 2 bedroom places.

I have looked high and low - but the only place that has them seems to be near Bondi ...

If any of you know of any hotels that do 3 bedroom appartments - please let me know !!

Thank you once again

donza +

Times thanked
< 11
Wow..so much whine

hunter valleyesque.

so many contradictions of opinion...
pinkhelmet +

Armin Only

Times thanked
< 3
im a bit disappointed that Armin is playing at Stereosonic as i didnt like the festival last yr. Nevertheless i will be there to see my baby!! bring on Armin!! (and ferry and BT)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...ndarmin1-1.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...rminavatar.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...87-2-1-1-1.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...lerversion.jpg
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,439

Quote:

There is medina service appartments just next to central station.... if that exact location ya r after.... Meriton apartments on kent st and world sqaure a bit pricey though... f ya r coming to syd just for stereo there are hotels and appartments in home bush the location of the event itself..

Yes, but are they 3 bedroom?

Quote:

separatevolume07 +

Times thanked
< 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wowk View Post

and they'll lose the chinstroker punters who went last year and the year before as a result IMO.

What a horrible tragedy - I am truly saddened by this.
fluffybunny +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkman View Post

Yes, but are they 3 bedroom?

Medina right near Central Station have 2 bedroom appartments from what i could see on their website - but no 3

Pitt Street and World tower - Meriton have 3 bedroom places - so that might be an option...

Out of Meriton World tower and Pitt street - World tower on Liverpool Street looks closest to Central Staion according to Google Maps - is that correct ??
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,439
Yeah it's probably within 5mins walking distance to Central, there is also Town Hall Station which will also take you there.

Quote:

andosound +

It's a defence mechanism

Times thanked
< 362

Quote:

Facebook
SOUNDCLOUD MIXCLOUD
dan_essential77 +

rockers delight!!

Times thanked
< 131

Quote:

How can ppl whinge about the lineup... its a damn gud trance line up yet there are some gud all around djs.. BT, Carl cox, Benny Benassi, Empire of the sun for the live music fans... I think overall its a win win line up for every1....

special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 3,011

Quote:

you did line yourself up for that one wowky, i gotta say
soundcloud
mixcloud
Wowk +

Times thanked
< 532
I will pay that, it was well-played.

Doesn't make the lineup any better though.

Quote:

angy +

DEFQON.1!!!!!!!!!!!

Times thanked
< 244
^^Just cause you don't like it (and I'm not hugely thrilled by it personally either TBH), doesn't mean it's a "fail" lineup. It's a pimp lineup in a lot of ways, wank on about Sub Focus and Andy C all you like but it doesn't take away from the fact it's got a fairly impressive combined drum n' bass and dubstep contingent for this kind of event (ie. NOT for DnB chinstrokers, you can go elsewhere for that).

It's just failed to deliver on the house/techno Sneakerpeeps side of things - and even then, only cause they set the standard so high the past two years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverh View Post

Angy: All About The PLUR

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverh View Post

more PLUR please Angy.

DJ DUKE DOOM +

Times thanked
< 427

Quote:

Medina right near Central Station have 2 bedroom appartments from what i could see on their website - but no 3

Pitt Street and World tower - Meriton have 3 bedroom places - so that might be an option...

Out of Meriton World tower and Pitt street - World tower on Liverpool Street looks closest to Central Staion according to Google Maps - is that correct ??

All the below have three bedrooms available, some might be a little pricey though.

Mantra - 2 Bond Street Sydney
Somerset - 252 Sussex St Darling Harbour
Hotel Stellar - 4 Wentworth Ave Sydney
Regis on Castlereagh - 317 Castlereagh St Sydney

Don't worry too much about the distance to central, plenty of transport options; taxi, bus, train, tram, monorail...

Last edited by DJ DUKE DOOM: 26-Jul-11 at 03:40am

PAO_13 +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

All the below have three bedrooms available, some might be a little pricey though.

Don't worry too much about the distance to central, plenty of transport options; taxi, bus, train, tram, monorail...

^^

I actually stayed at Mantra - 2 bond street on the weekend, for a 2bedroom it's pretty small but it does the job.
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
fluffybunny +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Thanks guys !!

We have booked a 3bedroom place with Medina at World Tower - which is on Liverpool street.

It looks pretty sweet - so i am excited

Plane tickets, Hotel and Event tickets all sorted - WHOOOOOO HOOOOO

Followed by the awesome line up i am really pumped !!! There will be no chin stroking done by me .. only dancing all day / night long and probably lots of smiling
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
Would white knight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

Zer0Cool +

Times thanked
< 39
That trance line-up is just too good to resist!
james223 +

Times thanked
< 155
Only thing is I bet we will have to make the choice between ferry closing cream or armin on mainstage.
separatevolume07 +

Times thanked
< 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by james223 View Post

Only thing is I bet we will have to make the choice between ferry closing cream or armin on mainstage.

I was thinking about that too, surely the organisers would be smart enough to avoid that? I really can't see an Armin mainstage closing set working out - Armin wouldn't want to play the same mainstream garbage Tiesto gave last year and the mainstream crowd watching wouldn't want to hear trance?
DJ DUKE DOOM +

Times thanked
< 427

Quote:

I was thinking about that too, surely the organisers would be smart enough to avoid that? I really can't see an Armin mainstage closing set working out - Armin wouldn't want to play the same mainstream garbage Tiesto gave last year and the mainstream crowd watching wouldn't want to hear trance?

The world's number one DJ for the last four years not closing the main stage??? Surely you jest.

Armin will close the main stage and it will shit all over Tiesto's set.
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 3,011

Quote:

The world's number one DJ for the last four years .

this. he is the headliner and will most certainly close the main stage. (unless a last minute surprise is pulled out the hat)
i would think promoters are smart enough to not have an armin/ ferry clash, but logistically (crowd control) it might be necessary
soundcloud
mixcloud
separatevolume07 +

Times thanked
< 11

Quote:

The world's number one DJ for the last four years not closing the main stage??? Surely you jest.

Armin will close the main stage and it will shit all over Tiesto's set.

When he played at We Love Sounds a couple of years back he wasn't on the main stage. It's just a confusing set up so far IMO - Armin vs. Ferry clash (assuming Ferry headlines the trance stage) and pumping trance to a crowd of 40,000 clueless Sydney Top 40 lovers just don't make much sense to me.
DJ DUKE DOOM +

Times thanked
< 427

Quote:

When he played at We Love Sounds a couple of years back he wasn't on the main stage. It's just a confusing set up so far IMO - Armin vs. Ferry clash (assuming Ferry headlines the trance stage) and pumping trance to a crowd of 40,000 clueless Sydney Top 40 lovers just don't make much sense to me.

Hordern/RHOI are duel main stages with very similar capacities.
Ben Royal +

Times thanked
< 127
Ferry will probably be on the mainstage- there is a crap load of trance acts on that bill to squeeze onto 1 stage.

I remember when ferry played at Creamfields at JC said 'try telling ferrys management he is on a side stage!'

« Previous Thread Next Thread »