US presidential election 2012

Tools
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,256
http://scissorsheldon.com/

sarah silvermans response to the gop funding
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
Chad +

Times thanked
< 48
By 1 September Romney will be fav. Watch.

And then this thread is going to be to fun to read with all those calling Romney a useless loser realising that he could well be the leader of the free world come Jan.
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,256
he is still a **** though
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
Fangoriously +

Fusion Aerodynamical Science

Times thanked
< 1,179
He's still a useless loser, even if he becomes POTUS.
Aerodynamical Fusion Science Terminal Velocitising Scientician Experimentalising
claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad View Post

And then this thread is going to be to fun to read with all those calling Romney a useless loser realising that he could well be the leader of the free world come Jan.

Anyone who thinks the POTUS is the leader is clueless
RunningWithScissors +

COMMUNIST PARTY OF ITM

Times thanked
< 18,898

Quote:

leader of the free world

lol whose alias is this
THE COOLEST HOBBY
Chad +

Times thanked
< 48
Actually I've been here longer than you, punk.

Better go to a doctor and have your memory tested because you are forgetting that Chad schooled you and Griggles back in Jan. Actually Griggles made some good points, except his declaration that Romney would be soon outed for applying for tax amnesty didn't quite work out opps.
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,256
what sort of tosser refers to himself in the third person?
RunningWithScissors +

COMMUNIST PARTY OF ITM

Times thanked
< 18,898
sorry Chad these are the only bits I remember

Quote:

Griggle your name should be giggle as I'm literally sitting here at my desk in a state of giggles.

Quote:

This will be my last response to you

THE COOLEST HOBBY
Griggle +

If it is prophylactic and emphatically didactic, then it's not tactic."

Times thanked
< 1,726
lol at Chad thinking he's ever owned anyone. I didn't say he would be outed as a candidate.

I said the only reason he declared his Swiss Bank Account was because that year the IRS had gotten the names and bank details of 14,000 Americans using Swiss Bank Accounts to avoid paying taxes and by not releasing the names of these people they managed to scare over 30,000 tax dodgers like Romney into applying for an amnesty they set up specifically for millionaires wanting to avoid jail in exchange for the tax they owed on the money.

I was saying his claims that he got rid of the account because it may affect his chances of becoming president are rubbish. He did it to avoid jail time because he didn't know if he was one of the people the IRS had info on that would have allowed them to prosecute him. The IRS let them all avoid jail time because as a result they managed to trick nearly double the amount of tax cheats they had info on into actually paying all the taxes they owed.

You are still a complete idiot for saying this never happened.

I never said that was going to stop him getting nominated. Half of his party are retards that consider tax avoidance to be a patriotic act and don't understand that means that they personally will have a higher tax burden.
Broadband speeds will always be lower under a Coalition Government.
Chad +

Times thanked
< 48
Romney/Ryan ftw!
EeeeeeeJ +

Times thanked
< 19
I guess that a thread on the presidential election should have an update about the Republican presidential candidate having chosen his vice presidential candidate.

Quote:

Mitt Romney unveiled Paul Ryan as his running mate on Saturday morning as a moral Catholic and bipartisan lawmaker who would help the country avoid a “fiscal catastrophe.”
Ryan trotted down from a flag-bedecked aircraft carrier, tieless in a dark suit and white shirt, denounced President Obama’s “record of failure” and declared himself part of “America’s comeback team.” Romney got so carried away that he introduced Ryan as “the next president of the United States,” bounding back a moment later to say he had left out the “vice.”

If there was any doubt that the choice of the seven-term Wisconsin congressman would instantly transform the campaign, it vanished as the two men appeared before an enthusiastic crowd in Norfolk. The Romney team concluded that if Ryan’s divisive budget-slashing plan was going to be a major factor in the election—the Republican nominee had already endorsed it—the best course would be to have its author passionately defend it.

In sharp contrast to John McCain’s selection of Sarah Palin four years ago, the instant media reaction to Ryan, 42, had nothing to do with his personality, family or experience. Instead, the punditry and analysis all focused on his policies

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ning-mate.html

If you want dire predictions, you can read the rest of the Daily Beast's opinions.
robin78 +

no

Times thanked
< 61
A guy who likes cutting welfare payments at a time of over 8% unemployment....

Quote:

In 1988 the high school senior was voted “Biggest ‘Brown-Noser’” in the school’s yearbook.

RunningWithScissors +

COMMUNIST PARTY OF ITM

Times thanked
< 18,898
gonna be cool seeing all those old people vote for a VP who wants to remove medicare i dunno, something
THE COOLEST HOBBY

Last edited by RunningWithScissors: 13-Aug-12 at 03:13pm

Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726
I think Romney might have been trying to predict the future when he called Ryan "The next President."

Basically now he has picked Ryan he has no chance of winning the election so Obama gets back in but Obama is already President.
Then we have Ryan run for Pres next election with a moderate veep and maybe have the American swing voters dumb enough to fall for it.
Fangoriously +

Times thanked
< 1,179
Nah, he's just a retard.

Ryan's a fuckwit, too.

It really is a comedy of errors - if the Romneybot and Ryan are the best that the GOP can put up, then barring another pants-shitting incident like the Assault Weapons ban, the Dems should do pretty well.

That's my fervent hope, at any rate.
Aerodynamical Fusion Science Terminal Velocitising Scientician Experimentalising
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,691

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fangoriously View Post

Nah, he's just a retard.

Ryan's a fuckwit, too.

It really is a comedy of errors - if the Romneybot and Ryan are the best that the GOP can put up, then barring another pants-shitting incident like the Assault Weapons ban, the Dems should do pretty well.

That's my fervent hope, at any rate.

Ryan's the typical hypocritical Tea Party libertarian: lower taxes on the wealthy, shred as much regulation as you can, say you want to lower the deficit (even though he voted for every unfunded tax cut and medicare expansion Dubya proposed as well as supporting all of his unfunded wars expansions), say you want small government and individual liberty while trying to enforce your moral beliefs on gays and women and the poor and immigrants.

He has been given such a light touch by the media because he's "a policy wonk who thinks about policies" all the while formulating budgets that are manna for the elitely wealthy yet draconian on anyone else and apparently won't even start reducing the deficit for 50 years. The guy is as much a fiscal conservative as Romney is a man of convictions. They're frauds. The thing is I have this knotted feeling way down in my gut that they will actually win in November. Scary shit.

Obama hasn't come close to being the beer and skittles liberal his election campaign promised 4 years ago but he's done many good things for America. He's been centre-right on foreign policy, maybe centre left on social policy, the very definition of a centrist. It's frightening to see how far to the right Romney and Ryan are on economic, social, and foreign policy issues.

Last edited by Geezah: 13-Aug-12 at 11:58am

CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,005
never trust a person with two first names

hey Ron Paul?

wait, is this Ryan Paul a relative?
Listen to your friend Cheely Zane
He is a cool guy...
Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726
I wasn't being serious with the last post. ;P

Geezah, check out Ryan's voting record.

War in Iraq without a funding source? Voted affirmative.
Tax breaks for the rich without similar cuts in spending? Voted affirmative.
Unfunded Medicare bill for pensioners? Voted affirmative.

Black man in the White House? Suddenly a fiscal conservative.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,691

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griggle View Post

I wasn't being serious with the last post. ;P

Geezah, check out Ryan's voting record.

War in Iraq without a funding source? Voted affirmative.
Tax breaks for the rich without similar cuts in spending? Voted affirmative.
Unfunded Medicare bill for pensioners? Voted affirmative.

Black man in the White House? Suddenly a fiscal conservative.

That's what I said, innit?
Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726
Sorry Geezah, meant that as agreement with your post not as an attack on your position.

Been reading through piles of stories on him today. My favourite so far.....

Paul Ryan, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, Eric Cantor, John McCain (with support from Romney) supplied the required votes to ensure passage of the bank executive bonus bailout without tainting the rest of the party.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,691
No wuckers bruv.
Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726
Oh dear. Someone sold his shares in Wachovia and City Group and used the money to buy shares in Goldman & Sachs the same day as he attended a briefing where Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke, then treasury secretary Hank Paulson and others outlined their fears for the banking sector and explained that the first two banks were looking at collapse while G&S looked stable.

Of course Ryan's office is claiming he had no control over the share trades and this was all divine providence.
Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726
Before Chad gets in here and starts posting talking points I'll add to my previous post.

Seems there's been a lot more analysis by financial bloggers like Brad Delong who has pointed out that Ryan's claims that this was an index fund account based on the peculiarities of the transactions. Basically 58 trades a year, 27 of those to large banks and 10 of those trades were between Citi and Goldman. So they are lying about the reason for the trades.

Then we have sites like this one which claim that since the briefing occurred after the market closed there is no way he had the information in time to affect the trades. You'll notice that they haven't actually ruled out insider trading because they haven't actually established whether he knew about the crisis (even in a limited way) before the briefing.

But it turns out it may not be insider trading at all but instead a tax-minimisation scheme. Basically it looks like he may have been harvesting losses to offset future income tax while maintaining his position in the sector to get the benefits of the future predicted rebound.

This was before the STOCK act too, so it's not like he actually would have broken the law even if he had been insider trading at the time.

But I don't blame his PR team for lying about how his funds were managed as I doubt the American people would respond well to "It wasn't insider trading. I was legally avoiding income taxation."

Edit: Business Insider has a good wrap-up of the whole mess.

Last edited by Griggle: 14-Aug-12 at 01:38pm

Fangoriously +

Times thanked
< 1,179
Nah, I really don't think that Romney is going to win. Not with Ryan as his running mate.

I really don't think that Obama's campaign is going to miss the opportunity to run ads in Florida outlining Ryan's plan to axe medicaid/medicare/social security, not with so many old folks there.

That alone should be enough to get Obama over the line, but I'm also sure that when the debates happen Obama is going to skewer Romney savagely.

If that doesn't happen though, then I guess we get to watch Iran get invaded. And we can thank our lucky stars that we're not old, poor, or not white people in the US. Because they'll be up for yet another arsefucking. No lube.
Chad +

Times thanked
< 48
Wow that's some fast back-tracking even for you Griggsy.

Keep trying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griggle View Post

Before Chad gets in here and starts posting talking points I'll add to my previous post.

Seems there's been a lot more analysis by financial bloggers like Brad Delong who has pointed out that Ryan's claims that this was an index fund account based on the peculiarities of the transactions. Basically 58 trades a year, 27 of those to large banks and 10 of those trades were between Citi and Goldman. So they are lying about the reason for the trades.

Then we have sites like this one which claim that since the briefing occurred after the market closed there is no way he had the information in time to affect the trades. You'll notice that they haven't actually ruled out insider trading because they haven't actually established whether he knew about the crisis (even in a limited way) before the briefing.

But it turns out it may not be insider trading at all but instead a tax-minimisation scheme. Basically it looks like he may have been harvesting losses to offset future income tax while maintaining his position in the sector to get the benefits of the future predicted rebound.

This was before the STOCK act too, so it's not like he actually would have broken the law even if he had been insider trading at the time.

But I don't blame his PR team for lying about how his funds were managed as I doubt the American people would respond well to "It wasn't insider trading. I was legally avoiding income taxation."

Edit: Business Insider has a good wrap-up of the whole mess.

Bracko +

Times thanked
< 2,117
your derogatory patronising tone is not appreciated. If you can't form an intelligent argument, kindly find the door before you are shown it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan View Post

well done sofu, perhaps your most offensive post yet!

Chad +

Times thanked
< 48
You can't be serious?

That's right, ban all the conservatives.

Do what you have to do big man.

Pathetic.
Bracko +

Times thanked
< 2,117
The question isn't your views, it's how you write them.

Keep a civil tongue in your head and stay away from personal attacks and it won't be an issue. The same rules apply to everyone.
Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726
It's ok. I don't care how he speaks to me.

I'll explain the concept of what has happened here simply for Chad so he understands what the fuss is about and why this is a problem for the Romney campaign.

Firstly you have to understand that the Obama camp is basically running on a platform where they are saying Romney is out of touch and only interested in helping the rich at the expense of the middle class by lowering taxes on the rich and passing that burden on to the middle class.

Let's look at the chain of events.

1: Some people find a strange coincidence between Ryan's stock trades and financial advice he had been privy too. They ask his campaign for comment on this as it has the look of insider trading.

2: Ryan's campaign claims the shares were in a managed account that Ryan doesn't have any control over.

3: This is obviously a lie as he wouldn't be declaring individual transactions then as he would be unaware of them. The standard practice is for him to report on the accounts performance on a yearly basis. In addition to this
- Now just quickly I should point out that even if he had been engaged in insider trading he wouldn't have been breaking the law as it was at the time. Since the public in the US found out that insider trading was legal for members of Congress however there was a massive public outcry about this and they introduced the Stock Act to stop this and this sort of behaviour is now illegal for Congressmen. So if he was engaged in insider trading this will play well to Obama's narrative and will also call into doubt the credibility of Ryan. This issue is about ethics not legality.

4: A longer look at the transactions shows that if he was insider trading however he would have to be the worst insider trader in the history of the stock market. Every single transaction he made he bought high and sold low.

5: So this begs the question why his campaign staff - who had all been briefed on his finances as the had just released them - would lie about the transactions. Why not just claim that he was terrible at the trading? Why not claim he was simply trying a new trading system and somehow managed to pick 100% bad trades?

6: Then people noticed that he made the trades once a month and suddenly they realise that he has been running some sort of tax avoidance scheme. Wait a minute isn't tax avoidance one of the pillars of the Obama campaign against Romney. Way to kick an own goal guys.

There, I hope that helps you get why it's a big deal. It's not a matter of legality. It's a matter of both names on the Romney ticket looking like they are complicit in the collapse of the American economy.

Don't worry though I expect that the majority of voters in the US won't catch on to what this means. It's not like they are all demanding both candidates tax returns to prove they aren't both tax cheats....

Oh wait.
Chad +

Times thanked
< 48
I have to respectfully disagree Griggsy.

The "insider trading" is a bogus issue (in my humble opinion).

What's more concerning is that Florida, Virginia and Ohio, are now looking like tough gets for Romney/Ryan. They need to win at least 2 of those.

I do agree that Romney is crazy not to release his full returns (unless there really is a smoking gun in there!).

Enjoy the rest of the campaign - it's about to get interesting!

King regards

p.s. I reckon Romney could well win the popular vote and lose the electoral college vote.
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,067
The trees just seem like the right height in here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,691
Ryan is now promising to release the Romney/Ryan tax policy - after the election.

He really is a "bold" and "serious" thinker.

Will they still release the policy if they lose?
didjeridude +

Random Rhythm Generator

Times thanked
< 482
photoshop but lolworthy nonethless doing the rounds on fb.....

Reality: To be or not to be? The Adventures of Dr Shroom (and Captain Jones)
custaro +

Thirsty Critter

Times thanked
< 691

Quote:

He's got 16 days to turn around a national 4-point lead to Obama.

I'm watching
you're in my hut now
Fangoriously +

Times thanked
< 1,179
Lol.

After the 'charm offensive' and then putting in Ryan, can't see him pulling ahead massively.

And good fucking riddance, too.
Chad +

Times thanked
< 48

Quote:

Originally Posted by custaro View Post

He's got 16 days to turn around a national 4-point lead to Obama.

I'm watching

Don't think you are watching close enough.

Gallup Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Romney 47%
Obama 45%
Each seven-day rolling average is based on telephone interviews with approximately 3,050 registered voters; Margin of error is ±2 percentage points.

Mitt has been leading nationally in both Gallop (leans Dems) and Rasmussen (leans Republican) almost every day this month.

But I said favourite. Looks like Romney/Ryan could be leading by 10 and still not be the favourite. Weird. Obama could win the lottery and lose the popular vote but win the White House as he is hanging in there in the swing states (but so was Carter in Aug 1980 and he got a caning).

p.s. Bracko I've just noticed your latest post. No, you stuffed up and I called you on it. Chad has been called a homosexual, had his STI made fun of, and has even had suicide gratuitously recommended to him. Funnily enough when I pointed this out to the superiors I was basically told to live with it. Yet when I say "keep trying" you threaten to ban me. Even though on this very thread I've had much worse. I have some fundamental political differences with Griggsy, however we have a mutual respect for each other. It's funny it says you have written like 5000 posts, yet I can't remember one. But if you are a decent person you will admit you stuffed up. I won't mention it again or hang it over you. But like I said if you are still serious and really think your post was worthy of you then ban me. But if you do then permanently my profile or I will take the issue further. Banning someone because you don't like someone might make you feel powerful, but I think deep down you actually know it's pretty pathetic.

p.p.s how good is Fun! "Some Nights" is on V now and Chad is singing out loud!
Chad +

Times thanked
< 48
Crickey it's 34,000 posts!
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,691
I hate to agree with Chad but I think you were a bit harsh Bracko. I don't think he said anything that warranted a threat of banning at all. I respect the job you and Horst do but I think you guys can sometimes be way too sensitive, and a little unfair on anyone he isn't left of centre when they write something in the heat of the moment. Plenty of us lefties say harsh shit too, and we don't get ban-threats, we just don't.

I'm down with the "be cool to others" philosophy of ITM but it should apply to everyone and I don't think it is at times. Not everyone is pretentiously verbose as I am either (that is to say, a complete articulate genius ). And we aren't all going to agree with each other all the time but being cool to each other doesn't mean we have to agree all the time and a bit more leeway I think should be given unless it gets racist, homophobic, misogynistic, and above all personal.
Chad +

Times thanked
< 48
Without wanting to belabour the point here's just a small sample of stuff said to Chad:

macc4 +
27-May-09, 09:48pm

It's probably not even his real grandmother (this lovely comment was in response to a post of mine about my grand-mother having a heart attack - real classy).

dle +
28-Jul-12, 08:13am

what sort of tosser refers to himself in the third person?

claude glass +
27-Jul-12, 11:06am.

Anyone who thinks the POTUS is the leader is clueles

Fangoriously +
28-Jan-12, 03:15pm

I just got my arse handed to me and now I'm starting to back pedal.

You and JRod could write a book.

OKEYDOKEY +
29-Jan-11, 05:06pm

That's your god telling you you're gay. Or wasting a penis.

Whitey1981 +
30-Jan-11, 12:06am
Chad, you're gay.

nrjize +
30-Jan-11, 10:27am

Well respected? After the shit you've been pulling the last couple of days on here I think most people are surprised you're even able to tie your own shoe laces. Did you get a lobotomy which your castration

Elephanto +
01-Feb-11, 09:16am

Fuck off with your shit life, pal (or write a blog about it).
custaro +

Thirsty Critter

Times thanked
< 691

Quote:

Don't think you are watching close enough.

You can cherry pick your favourite poll as much as you want Chad - or you can rely on a national 'poll of polls'.

Also, feel free to put your money where your mouth is.

you're in my hut now
Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726
Oh dear. Turns out Ryan used to be a communist back when Bush was running the country.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan back in 2002

"What we're trying to accomplish today with the passage of this 3rd stimulus package is to create jobs and help the unemployed. What we're trying to accomplish is to pass the kinds of legislation that when they've passed in the past have grown the economy and gotten people back to work.

In recessions unemployment lags on well after a recovery has taken place....We've got to get the engine of economic growth growing again because we now know, because of recession, we don't have the revenues that we wanted to, we don't have the revenues we need, to fix Medicare, to fix Social Security, to fix these issues.

We've got to get Americans back to work. Then the surpluses come back, then the jobs come back. That is the constructive answer we're trying to accomplish here on, yes, a bipartisan basis. I urge members to drop the demagoguery and to pass this bill to help us work together to get the American people back to work and help those people who've lost their jobs.... We have a lot of laid off workers, and more layoffs are occurring. And we know, as a historical fact, that even if our economy begins to slowly recover, unemployment is going to linger on and on well after that recovery takes place.

What we have been trying to do starting in October and into December and now is to try and get people back to work. The things we're trying to pass in this bill are the time-tested, proven, bipartisan solutions to get businesses to stop laying off people, to hire people back, and to help those people who have lost their jobs. .... It's more than just giving someone an unemployment check. It's also helping those people with their health insurance while they've lost their jobs and more important than just that unemployment check, it's to do what we can to give people a paycheck."

RunningWithScissors +

COMMUNIST PARTY OF ITM

Times thanked
< 18,898
sounds good

make that man vice president
THE COOLEST HOBBY
Chad +

Times thanked
< 48
Mitt Romney 3.11 $47,401.20 $99,887.53

Actually I've put $47,401.20 worth of my money where my mouth is at an average price of $3.11.

Should I let it ride or lay off when he hits $2.30 ish?
Chad +

Times thanked
< 48
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-08-19 at 7.26.52 PM.png
Views:	38
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	35225

First time Chad has ever tried to do screen shotting so hope this works.

Wish me luck with Mittens!
Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726
NBC News story on Ryan's dramatic change in policy.

They actually have him in Congress arguing for Keynesian stimulus of the economy and he goes on to explain why it's a good idea and calls for a bipartisan acceptance of Keynesian stimulus as being the proven method of creating jobs when in Recession.

Now we are expected to believe that he has completely changed his mind on this and that he hasn't been going out of his way to tank the economy along with the rest of the GOP Congress?

You couldn't make this up.

Oh well all they have to do is stop any coloured people from being allowed to vote and they should easily win the election. The irony of an organisation called the Tea Party trying to disallow tax-payers representation is pretty strong there.

Also the fact that they have the second amendment (which is pretty much entirely for the purpose stopping the "King of England" or some other despot from taxing them without representation) and don't think that if they really go out of their way to suppress the vote (of the majority of Democrat's likely to own a gun) this won't end up in violence is beyond me.
custaro +

Thirsty Critter

Times thanked
< 691

Quote:

Mitt Romney 3.11 $47,401.20 $99,887.53

Actually I've put $47,401.20 worth of my money where my mouth is at an average price of $3.11.

Should I let it ride or lay off when he hits $2.30 ish?

If you've actually bet that much on Romney winning I've got some other hot tips for you... GWS Giants and the Eels.

Should've donated that money to charity dude.

you're in my hut now
Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726
Wow.

I hope you were lying about that bet, Chad.

Romney just made a birther joke.

Is he taking campaigning tips from Abbot?

Edit: You might also want to check out the mess with Ron Paul's followers too. Apparently the RNC changed the rules multiple times in States that voted Ron Paul to disallowed Ron Paul delegates and have denied him a speaking role at the GOP convention. They are claiming that it was all done in good faith but you should read through the comment section of any story on the matter.

That's about 10% of the GOP vote at risk of write-in voting Ron Paul, voting for Johnson or voting for Obama.

Sure they are mainly wingnuts but they are wingnuts with votes. Votes that the Romney ticket has disenfranchised.

Last edited by Griggle: 25-Aug-12 at 12:32pm

Chad +

Times thanked
< 48
Griggsy,

You know a lot but trust me you don't know as as much as Chad on the issue (especially with 40 big ones on the line!). Ron Paul failed to win one state. He averaged about 10%. I think what you are referring to is the fact that he tried to game the system by picking off actual delegates which were awarded at state conventions months later. Sneaky but legal. Except for the part about the fact that they were legally obliged to support Romney. So as I understand it Romney also did the also legal thing of having some of their privileges taken away when they refused to swear that they would nominate Romney. And then they reached a deal and everyone lived happily ever after.

Never fear, Ron Paul wants his son to be president. The convention will be awesome. Just a shame there are only days between the 2. Even if there are "distractions" the networks are only showing the prime time speeches.

You've got to lighten up and take a joke Griggsy. Are you saying that Obama can joke about his birth certificate nonsense but Mittens can't? You liberals have to make up your mind whether you want to paint Mitt as an insensitive mean ultra conservative who wants to take away women's rights and makes fun of Obama' birth certificate, or whether he's a serious staid awkward unfunny man who doesn't believe in anything.
Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726
Yeah everyone should laugh at birther jokes, it's as funny as blackface.

You don't need to convince me, Chad. I'm not voting in their election so convincing me is pointless if you want to keep your $40,000.

You'd be better off writing in to the Washington Post, NY Times, Politico etc. where they are already calling him "Birther-in-Chief"

The GOP have massively owned goaled this week. First one of them actually said what they are all thinking about abortion rights and now one has said what they are all thinking about Obama's race.

Don't worry, I'm laughing. Just not with you.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »