Current Affairs and Politics

The "Craig Thomson, you idiot" thread

Tools
Griggle +

If it is prophylactic and emphatically didactic, then it's not tactic."

Times thanked
< 1,726
No buffed as I have said many times, I think based on the evidence I've seen he certainly has a case to answer for.

However the FWA spectacularly failed to make a case against him in any court in the land. So has the media. Nearly every accusation against him calls for facts that aren't in evidence. I don't blame the DPP for throwing the report in the bin. The report is completely worthless.

If Nassios doesn't lose his job or get disciplined in some way for this massive waste of taxpayers monies I will be extremely pissed off. Same goes for his management. Just how much taxpayer money did they waste producing that pile of shit? Has it gone past $500,000 yet? At $550 a night in expenses whenever Nassios traveled over those 4 years, you really have to wonder.

Re. Signing for the credit cards, he's certainly responsible for some level of mismanagement, but at the same time that seems like the entire union had no procedures or standards and was mismanaged by their entire executive. Kathy Jackson personally delivered all 12 boxes of records they had for the time Thomson was working there. Yet somehow these records don't contain the minutes of a single board meeting they had during this time.

Serendipitous, considering she is the main complainant against him and he has claimed she was responsible. Why on earth was she allowed to deliver the documents by hand? Why wasn't she recused from involving herself in the investigation at all?

The whole mess shits me to tears because this should have been resolved already and if he was found guilty he should have been jailed. Instead it looks like the Libs, Lawler, Jackson and their cronies have tried railroading Thomson and possibly ruined any chance of any justice being done, while at the same time they have deliberately damaged the rule of law in this country.
Broadband speeds will always be lower under a Coalition Government.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politi...524-1z63o.html

Fuck he just loooooves the camera doesn't he! Spends years avoiding making a proper statement on the matter whilst having lots of press conferences, then spends an hour talking about nothing and enjoying the limelight, now more press conferences to tell the press to stop covering the story about him.

He's really only got himself to blame.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,704

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griggle View Post

No buffed as I have said many times, I think based on the evidence I've seen he certainly has a case to answer for.

However the FWA spectacularly failed to make a case against him in any court in the land. So has the media. Nearly every accusation against him calls for facts that aren't in evidence. I don't blame the DPP for throwing the report in the bin. The report is completely worthless.

If Nassios doesn't lose his job or get disciplined in some way for this massive waste of taxpayers monies I will be extremely pissed off. Same goes for his management. Just how much taxpayer money did they waste producing that pile of shit? Has it gone past $500,000 yet? At $550 a night in expenses whenever Nassios traveled over those 4 years, you really have to wonder.

Re. Signing for the credit cards, he's certainly responsible for some level of mismanagement, but at the same time that seems like the entire union had no procedures or standards and was mismanaged by their entire executive. Kathy Jackson personally delivered all 12 boxes of records they had for the time Thomson was working there. Yet somehow these records don't contain the minutes of a single board meeting they had during this time.

Serendipitous, considering she is the main complainant against him and he has claimed she was responsible. Why on earth was she allowed to deliver the documents by hand? Why wasn't she recused from involving herself in the investigation at all?

The whole mess shits me to tears because this should have been resolved already and if he was found guilty he should have been jailed. Instead it looks like the Libs, Lawler, Jackson and their cronies have tried railroading Thomson and possibly ruined any chance of any justice being done, while at the same time they have deliberately damaged the rule of law in this country.

Regardless of any incompetence within the FWA's investigation, you have to admit that Thomson's story, while not entirely impossible, seems highly improbable: for the alleged conspirator to achieve all the things Thomson claims they had to do in order to set him up requires an almost pathological perseverance and singular hatred for Thomson; all actions made on the off-chance that his potential run for parliament (remembering that this all happened well before Thomson became an MP) would be likely to succeed.

As I keep saying, he is entitled to the presumption of innocence but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be extremely skeptical about his counter-allegations and explanation.
claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezah View Post

Regardless of any incompetence within the FWA's investigation, you have to admit that Thomson's story, while not entirely impossible, seems highly improbable: for the alleged conspirator to achieve all the things Thomson claims they had to do in order to set him up requires an almost pathological perseverance and singular hatred for Thomson; all actions made on the off-chance that his potential run for parliament (remembering that this all happened well before Thomson became an MP) would be likely to succeed.

As I keep saying, he is entitled to the presumption of innocence but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be extremely skeptical about his counter-allegations and explanation.

It doesn't matter if his story is highly improbable. It really doesn't. We should be skeptical about both sides of the story, that is what skepticism is. we have courts for determining culpability.

We need to restore some sense of a mature, considered and considerate culture in this country. We currently have culture wreckers in parliament funded by the two ugliest cultureless jabbas on this planet, supported by cultureless vultures in the media. It's all fucking repugnant.

This is isn't about Thomson, it's about our democracy actually.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,704

Quote:

Originally Posted by claude glass View Post

It doesn't matter if his story is highly improbable. It really doesn't. We should be skeptical about both sides of the story, that is what skepticism is. we have courts for determining culpability.

We need to restore some sense of a mature, considered and considerate culture in this country. We currently have culture wreckers in parliament funded by the two ugliest cultureless jabbas on this planet, supported by cultureless vultures in the media. It's all fucking repugnant.

This is isn't about Thomson, it's about our democracy actually.

Yeah, but I'm just giving my opinion about what Thomson has had to say about the allegations against him (I'm not saying my opinion should be given any weight). I'm not suggesting he isn't entitled to a fair public (and if it gets to it, judicial) investigation. In fact I encourage it. I'm not supporting the Coalition's tactics either.
claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760

Quote:

Yeah, but I'm just giving my opinion about what Thomson has had to say about the allegations against him (I'm not saying my opinion should be given any weight). I'm not suggesting he isn't entitled to a fair public (and if it gets to it, judicial) investigation. In fact I encourage it. I'm not supporting the Coalition's tactics either.

cool
Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726

Quote:

Yeah, I'm fairly skeptical about his claims myself to be honest.

That's why in pretty much every post I've made explaining how some point could seen in his favour, I've also pointed out when it could just as easily be seen as not being in his favour.

eg. Credit Card with Thompson on it used in brothels. Could be evidence someone used a fake card. On the other hand could simply be that the card he was issued had the name Thompson on it. Without some clarification no-one should be making value judgements based on this "evidence."

The reason that shits me is it shouldn't actually be all that hard for a journalist or FWA investigator to actually find out what the name on the issued card was. Yet when Kate McClymon from the SMH was asked on Twitter whether she had investigated why the card had the name Thompson on it rather than Thomson before claiming there was irrefutable proof he had paid the hookers himself her response on Twitter was “Ask Craig Thomson, he paid the bill”

Quick give the woman a Walkley. Hell make that a Pulitzer.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,704

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griggle View Post

Yeah, I'm fairly skeptical about his claims myself to be honest.

That's why in pretty much every post I've made explaining how some point could seen in his favour, I've also pointed out when it could just as easily be seen as not being in his favour.

eg. Credit Card with Thompson on it used in brothels. Could be evidence someone used a fake card. On the other hand could simply be that the card he was issued had the name Thompson on it. Without some clarification no-one should be making value judgements based on this "evidence."

The reason that shits me is it shouldn't actually be all that hard for a journalist or FWA investigator to actually find out what the name on the issued card was. Yet when Kate McClymon from the SMH was asked on Twitter whether she had investigated why the card had the name Thompson on it rather than Thomson before claiming there was irrefutable proof he had paid the hookers himself her response on Twitter was “Ask Craig Thomson, he paid the bill”

Quick give the woman a Walkley. Hell make that a Pulitzer.

Yeah, I think just to make it clear one way or the other, whether he's lying or telling the truth, journalists and the FWA should be investigating those small details, to check the veracity of what he is claiming with the actual evidence at their disposal. If the fact is that he is guilty but he gets off because investigating bureaucrats and journalists aren't willing to check everything so as to rule things in or out, evidentiary, then it will be a travesty: but it will also be a travesty for Thomson and his family if these things aren't checked and he is actually innocent of some or all of what is alleged to have taken place.

I saw McClymon on Sky News the other night and she seemed certain of his guilt yet unwilling to investigate further to make sure her sense of certainty wasn't misplaced.

Last edited by Geezah: 24-May-12 at 05:55pm

Reason: Optional

lyric +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 539
atleast someone in Parliament can organise a root in a brothel.....
Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726
Hmmmm. On the topic of phone cloning Phillip Branch from the Swinburne University of Technology posted an article on The Conversation explaining the difficulties.

One thing he points out is that it was extremely easy to do on CDMA phones so long as there was no pin on the phone. Otherwise the difficulties were as stated above by myself and others.

So if he had a CDMA phone, his story re. phone cloning could be plausible. If not as we said it's pretty unlikely without the transport code.
Portal +

Work that motherf#$ker

Times thanked
< 1,014
He's covering his arse to save his marriage, his wife is up the duff...
dAvoZ +

Registered Boozer

Times thanked
< 30
This whole thing really is a mess.
Is anyone actually going to sort it out?
claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760
"Kathy Jackson may have herself misappropriated Union funds."

http://www.independentaustralia.net/...ticky-fingers/
Portal +

Work that motherf#$ker

Times thanked
< 1,014
nice tits
phoneyhuh +

3o~

Times thanked
< 206

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAvoZ View Post

This whole thing really is a mess.
Is anyone actually going to sort it out?

A by-election in Dobell would be the honourable way to sort it out but Gillard wont call one as she knows her "government" will get slaughtered as a result, and so we're stuck with the most hated PM since Billy Hughes in 1934 and facing an excruciating wait for her term to end. That is unless her colleagues get rid of her first.... Which I reckon is looking likely.

Last edited by phoneyhuh: 27-May-12 at 05:30pm

big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 15,986
I like this government the more that it goes on, simply for the trolling factor. The rage is produces is fantastic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

Weinertron +

random shoutbox generator

Times thanked
< 935
phoneyhuh, honestly you should read that article that Claude posted. He wrote a bit of background stuff too. Found receipts and everything.

It is not exactly absolving Thom(p)son for his "naughty little boy" stuff, but the whole FWA investigation stinks to high heaven. Judging by the tangled web behind the whole thing, it would be unwise to cut thommo loose before there is a definitive answer***. I know you hate Gillard with the fire of a thousand hells and you feel that our country would be better off without her, but do you not think that due process is pretty valuable too?

stinky stuff imo.. looks like a smear campaign to me.

(for the record, I dunno what to think anymore... given the state of our parliament at the moment either explanation is plausible)

***....which is ridiculous. People seem to forget that there were another 7 investigations prior to this FWA investigation... all of them absolved Thompson.
Fuck Everything Forever
Weinertron +

random shoutbox generator

Times thanked
< 935

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie View Post

I like this government the more that it goes on, simply for the trolling factor. The rage is produces is fantastic.

There is a future meme in here somewhere... Trollard or something
Fuck Everything Forever
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,704

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoneyhuh View Post

A by-election in Dobell would be the honourable way

How is it honourable for a man to step down and have a by-election when he hasn't been had his guilt proven of anything in any court of any type?

He hasn't even been charged. It's a ridiculous notion when absolutely nothing has been proven and when there as at least the possibility that those making the report have only circumstantial evidence to prove the misuse of union funds.

No judicial prosecutor has touched this (for the moment), yet you think it is in some way honourable for a man to make way simply at the political urgings of a Coalition who never once complied with the very same standards they seek to enforce while they were in government. But beyond the double standards (by both sides over however many years) it's absurd that a by-election to ever be an honourable outcome while there is an absence of justice.
Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726
Looks like the FWA finished their internal investigation into Lawler's involvement in the case against the HSU in under a week.

That's a good look. "Hey guys, you know that report on the HSU that we took about 5 years to produce. We had an internal investigation on all work done it those long 5 years and found out within an afternoon of ringing a few people who work for us that there is no way Lawler was involved at all at any point of the investigation as everyone said it didn't happen when we asked them nicely."

Surely they are taking the piss.
ilanitcohen +

%u05D8%u05D9%u05E4%u05D5%u05DC%u05D9 %u05D0%u05E7%u05E0%u05D4 | %u05D8%u05D9%u05E4%u05D5%u05DC %u05D1%u05E4%u05E6%u05E2%u05D9 %u05D1%u05D2%u05E8%u05D5%u05EA | %u05D4%u05E1%u05E8%u05EA %u05E9%u05D9%u05E2%u05E8 %u05DC%u05E6%u05DE%u05D9%u05EA%u05D5%u05E

Times thanked
< 1
plz make a music..i use mp4 hair removal
Portal +

Work that motherf#$ker

Times thanked
< 1,014
haha
buffed +

Times thanked
< 172
craig thompson will end up killing himself and that's a shame for his family. This should have and could have ended a long time ago, but he will end up digging his own grave, literally. very sad but also very stupid
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,013
He probably wont literally dig his own grave

I reckon, although his concern seems really really genuine, Abbott will have to stifle a few chuckles at the press conference if/when Thomson commits self harm.

Really genuine
BumblingBee +

is a dick

Times thanked
< 2,987

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffed View Post

craig thompson will end up killing himself and that's a shame for his family. This should have and could have ended a long time ago, but he will end up digging his own grave, literally. very sad but also very stupid

probably the worst post i have ever seen from you

Last edited by BumblingBee: 29-May-12 at 01:24pm

Reason: spelling

ABitPatchy +

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Times thanked
< 2,867
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226373543021

Quote:

TONY Abbott fled from the Parliamentary chamber this morning when Craig Thomson crossed the floor to vote with the Coalition on a motion to continue debate over the Government's plan to raise the debt ceiling.

Mr Abbott appeared horrified when Mr Thomson joined other Independents to vote against a gag motion by the Government to shut down debate.

The Opposition leader leapt from his chair and tried to run from the chamber, to negate Mr Thomson’s vote.

However, he found himself trapped when the speaker had locked the door. Mr Abbott began banging on the door before they were unlocked, allowing him to leave the chamber.

Opposition leader of business, Chris Pyne, however, remained trapped inside.

Mr Abbott has demanded that Labor no longer accept Mr Thomson’s vote in the Parliament, after dumping him from the ALP and forcing him to sit in the Parliament as an Independent. Mr Abbott vowed that the Coalition would never accept his vote either.

L.O.L.
BumblingBee +

is a dick

Times thanked
< 2,987
farcical
Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726

Craig could have a lot of fun with this and let of a lot of the stress he's been dealing with. Every day at Parliament House could be a Mental Health Day.

horst +

Times thanked
< 427
great file photo of him with a Dave Hughes smirk
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,571
This is fucking farcical.
Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverspoon View Post

This is fucking farcical.

Especially as both Abbot and Pyne are both leaving the chamber.

So this means Labor can ignore one independents vote every time simply by getting Craig to vote Liberal.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,013
footage is lolworthy

Question Time a must watch today
Listen to your friend Cheely Zane
He is a cool guy...
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573
Thomson attempting to ruin parliament as much as possible whilst he's still allowed through the doors. Ridiculous.
lowkeyandnude +

Times thanked
< 106

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

Thomson attempting to ruin parliament as much as possible whilst he's still allowed through the doors. Ridiculous.

He hasnt been charged with anything Dubz. He is still the elected representative of his electorate and as such his vote should be counted.
studio stuff for sale
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...#post394820375

...latest releases...

lowkey+nude "NYC to BER" on "The best of Soul Shift vol.1"
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,013

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

lolwhut?

you mean, Thomson voting as normal while Abbott and Pyne try to ruin Parliament?
He is a cool guy...
Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726
It's pretty much tradition in Parliament for Independents to vote against gag orders.

Since Labor have kicked him out of their Caucus his only loyalty is to his constituents so it's actually a good thing for him to vote against gag orders and make sure there is debate about it in the Parliament as he doesn't get to debate the policy or issues in the caucus room any more.

He's actually doing the right thing here and Abbot and Pyne are just being fuckwits.

It also makes it pretty clear that the Libs never had any intention of actually discussing the issue and just brought it up to waste Parliaments time.
horst +

Times thanked
< 427

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

lolwhut?

you mean, Thomson voting as normal while Abbott and Pyne try to ruin Parliament?

he's just trolling
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,013

Quote:

Originally Posted by horst View Post

he's just trolling

yeah part of me knew that

He is a cool guy...
legal-affairs +

Moderator says 2.0

Times thanked
< 513
Pyne is like a gazelle:

http://www.twitvid.com/AOYRN
But we're fools if we sit back and stare at the ground
While the weasels and analysts sing
If we want our place in history, we can't let the frustration
Drive us to fashionable drinking again
horst +

Times thanked
< 427
it reminded me of George Costanza
Media Player
claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760
I've never seen two MPs look more puerile, vacuous or inane.

I'm wondering if the Liberals are coming unstuck. It's possible.

By the way, what happened to the $60,000 hooker story?
dAvoZ +

Registered Boozer

Times thanked
< 30
who was it that abbott shoved against the wall to scramble his way out of parliament?
Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726

Quote:

By the way, what happened to the $60,000 hooker story?

What $60,000 hooker story?

Channel 9 said they weren't going to pay her and suddenly they didn't have a story.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,013
it violated hooker-patient confidentiality
He is a cool guy...
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,013
so ACA has apparently given the interview footage to Victorian Police for their investigation
He is a cool guy...
Bracko +

Times thanked
< 2,167

Quote:

I've never seen two MPs look more puerile, vacuous or inane.

I'm wondering if the Liberals are coming unstuck. It's possible.

I think people just forget how batshit crazy Abbott really is. even with all the advisors around him now telling him not to be a complete retard, his colours will eventually shine through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan View Post

well done sofu, perhaps your most offensive post yet!

Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726
According to the HSU's 2010 audit Kathy Jackson got paid a performance bonus of $522,570 (approx 1/3 of union fees for that year) on top of her salary of $151,000.

Jackson response is that the auditor made a mistake and she only paid herself a $75,844 bonus that year. Yeah that's a solid defense. She didn't steal 3 times her salary she only stole an extra 50% of her salary. All is forgiven.

Given she claims the audit was erroneous and the auditor has admitted that, it's funny to notice they haven't actually updated the audit info on the HSU's website which still says she was paid $522,570. (Page 18 for those of you who hate reading)

Surely the first thing an auditor would do upon finding out they had grossly misrepresented the financial details in one of their audits is to actually reissue a corrected audit. Not at the HSU though.

Well there goes the credibility of that "whistle-blower."
buffed +

Times thanked
< 172
That whole union is corrupt, if not legally, then morally....thompson, jackson, williamson all of them. Julia Gillard should have requested his resignation a long time ago, the fact this sordid affair is still going is ridiculous

Last edited by buffed: 31-May-12 at 11:33am

Griggle +

Times thanked
< 1,726
Yeah, they should put the whole union into involuntary administration and send in the forensic accountants.

How on earth did the FWA only find that the only thing she'd done wrong was miss a few board meetings?

Oh that's right, she gave them all the records they referenced for the report personally and repeatedly claimed she couldn't find all the records asked for.

Add a royal commission into the FWA onto that to-do list.
Bracko +

Times thanked
< 2,167
royal commission seems a bit alarmist...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan View Post

well done sofu, perhaps your most offensive post yet!

« Previous Thread Next Thread »