Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

Times thanked
< 3,616
Athaaan +

Times thanked
< 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunarCat View Post

Wow, they really improved Hulk for the Avengers. Much much better than the Hulk movies! Overall, nice movie stills. The possible after-credits-scene might be a teaser for something - for example, Thor 2. Imdb says it's in the works.

Spoiler:
Can confirm it's a second villain that appears in the post credits scene talking to the skrull leader, definitely suggesting a sequel to either avengers, iron man 3 or thor 2
BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
< 1,088
Media Player
KIDS REACT TO THE AVENGERS - YouTube

How is he Stan 'Lee'?! He's not even Chinese!!

Last edited by BMoney: 24-Apr-12 at 09:07am

JustinJ +

It was a good speech. Didn't want to interrupt.

Times thanked
< 3,525
So that was pretty awesome.

Scarlett Johansson.
DjReal +

Deep House Fanatic

Times thanked
< 23
Epic movie. Loved it. Joss certainly didn't dissapoint with this one. Did anyone else notice the a dollhouse actor cameo?
Gigs:
19/11 - Outside @ Electric Playground
26/11 - Outside @ Electric Playground
MadMike +

neutralizzare gli uomini di guardia

Times thanked
< 3,757
Go and see it just for the Hulk.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|
jarrardscott +

The Digital Prophet

Times thanked
< 4,596
loved it. some hilarious scenes with hulks actions and others with tony starks commentary.
http://soundcloud.com/jarrardscott
jarrardscott +

The Digital Prophet

Times thanked
< 4,596

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athaaan View Post

Spoiler:
Can confirm it's a second villain that appears in the post credits scene talking to the skrull leader, definitely suggesting a sequel to either avengers, iron man 3 or thor 2

after credits
Spoiler:
Media Player
YouTube
bit of research shows it looks to be thanos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Times thanked
< 3,797
JustinJ +

It was a good speech. Didn't want to interrupt.

Times thanked
< 3,525
The bit when

Spoiler:
Loki was all "I will not be bullied by some creature..." and the Hulk smashes him like a ragged doll = awesome.
daverh +

zou bisou

Times thanked
< 478
Good, fun film. A bit camp in some moments but with so many colourful outfits and gargantuan egos in there it was always going to be. Impressed they pulled it off though.

Loki's great again and they finally got Hulk right. Widow's part was beefier than expected too.

Spoiler:
and yeah, that was definitely Thanos
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Times thanked
< 3,797
daverh?

Spoiler:
is Alexis Denisoff Thanos? If he isnt, just say no, don't tell me what character he is
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Times thanked
< 3,797

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

AVENGERS EXCITEMENT!

Dude, I have decided not to pay some bills this month, so I am catching this Saturday!

If you owe people money which is preventing you from seeing it, tell 'em 'fuck you, man, you think you're friend cause you loaned me cash?' a real friend would disregard that and be all like 'Avengers Assemble!'

Those are my thoughts, you now know them
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

Times thanked
< 3,437
I don't want to go overselling it, but HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT WAS AWESOME.

go see it. do it right now.

Spoiler:
"you see that's my secret.... I'm ALWAYS ANGRY!!"

Last edited by danmau5: 27-Apr-12 at 12:52am

jarrardscott +

The Digital Prophet

Times thanked
< 4,596

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmau5 View Post

Spoiler:
"you see that's my secret.... I'm ALWAYS ANGRY!!"

that part made absolutely no sense to me though
Spoiler:
if he is always angry then why does he act calm and how come all of a sudden he could control it? like wtf, seriously? made no sense at all. is hulk indestructible btw?
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

Times thanked
< 3,437

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

that part made absolutely no sense to me though

Spoiler:
if he is always angry then why does he act calm and how come all of a sudden he could control it? like wtf, seriously? made no sense at all. is hulk indestructible btw?

who cares if it doesn't make sense, it was awesome
Spoiler:
i just gathered he was always fighting to keep it contained. so he never wants to bust out the green man, but can do at any moment. it's been ages since I saw the incredible hulk, but wasn't the end story that he was learning to control it to a certain degree?
ABitPatchy +

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Times thanked
< 2,594
Last 35 minutes of this movie is almost a scene for scene copy of Transformers 3.
whambulance +

UNLIMITED JUICE!

Times thanked
< 59

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmau5 View Post

who cares if it doesn't make sense, it was awesome

Spoiler:
i just gathered he was always fighting to keep it contained. so he never wants to bust out the green man, but can do at any moment. it's been ages since I saw the incredible hulk, but wasn't the end story that he was learning to control it to a certain degree?

Spoiler:
yeah in the comics banner has been able to control the hulk by using yoga - like was seen in the last scene of TIC, so it makes sense i guess?
Oblivia +

An entangled inebriate.

Times thanked
< 305

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMike View Post

Go and see it just for the Hulk.

Best hulk ever, wry hulk is way better than sulk hulk.
Likes bright colours, dancing, soft fabrics.
Flickr
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,328
Gonna watch by myself this tomorrow morning, because all my mates bailed tonight. Watch this space!

Awesome movie! I was almost teary with joy when they were all going at it. I have never been a huge fan of the Hulk but I am sold now. Captain America and Ironman their usual awesome selves.

Last edited by Derelict: 28-Apr-12 at 12:53pm

Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Times thanked
< 3,797
Yeah, it was 'aight.

Spoiler:
COULD YOU TELL I WAS LYING?!!?!?! Fuck me Joss, you pulled it off, you actually did it!! The whole thing worked so well, after Thor and Hulk take down so many of the Chitari, Hulk must prove he is 'strongest there is!' sends Thor flying. It made sense that Jane was taken far, far away as would have been Loki's 1st target against Thor. Would've completely made it for me if when Loki was being taken away by Thor, Odin and Hiemdall appeared to ensure he would be punished.

Coulson.
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

Times thanked
< 3,616

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post

Yeah, it was 'aight.

Spoiler:
COULD YOU TELL I WAS LYING?!!?!?! Fuck me Joss, you pulled it off, you actually did it!! The whole thing worked so well, after Thor and Hulk take down so many of the Chitari, Hulk must prove he is 'strongest there is!' sends Thor flying. It made sense that Jane was taken far, far away as would have been Loki's 1st target against Thor. Would've completely made it for me if when Loki was being taken away by Thor, Odin and Hiemdall appeared to ensure he would be punished.

Coulson.

at your first comment
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Times thanked
< 3,797

I was blown away dude!
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
< 1,920
Gold Classing this **** tomorrow. Cannot wait... arrgghhhhh

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

Any sex enthusiast should whore it up at least once in their life IMO,
Its the oldest profession in the world.
Are you calling everyone wrong?.

borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,260
I was really surprised by how good this was, seeing as the only movies I liked were the Iron Man one's I didnt hold much hope for this.

I thought Iron Man would carry the whole movie, and he kind of did but once the Hulk fired up he was great.

Would see again for sure.

Ending spoiler-ish

Spoiler:
Maybe it's just me but did anyone else notice the guy on the left hand side of the council at the end when Fury is talking to them and you can see three screens? I know it could have just been a generic bald headed dude but fuck that looked like the profile of Charles Xavier.

Anyone head anything about x-men crossovers or even if they will bring in Wolverine as an Avenger? Pretty sure he is one in the comics now?
Crazy people are ace doorslammers.

Full dark, no stars.

Last edited by borrisGLOWSTICK: 29-Apr-12 at 12:16am

whambulance +

UNLIMITED JUICE!

Times thanked
< 59
i have to say, as someone who was only really interested in the hulk smashing shit, this move fucken delivered.
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,260
So it has been bugging me enough that I obtained a screen shot to see if was/could be.
Not really the clearest picture and the more I look the more I guess not, just incase anyone wants to have a look.
Spoiler:
Crazy people are ace doorslammers.

Full dark, no stars.
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Times thanked
< 3,797
Marvel/Disney don't own the rights to the x-men movies. So no.
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,328
Was Xmen even the same universe as all those characters? Seems a bit overwhelming if it is, due to the nature that 'anybody can be a mutant' means the whole world is involved in it.
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Times thanked
< 3,797
Yeah they are, mutants were the next step in human evolution yada yada yada and were slowly populating the earth in the millions, an event took place which remove the possibility of anyone ever having an active x-gene again, and they now number below 200.

There is a famous quote from Stan Lee "who knew they'd multiply like this! I might as well have created a bunch's rabbits!"
jarrardscott +

The Digital Prophet

Times thanked
< 4,596
look up the avengers on wikipedia and itll tell you the possibilities of who might join them.

ANT MAN! WASP!

there is 32 other characters to appear in the comics which were not in the movie. i doubt they'll bring anyone else in.

Last edited by jarrardscott: 29-Apr-12 at 11:04am

Oblivia +

An entangled inebriate.

Times thanked
< 305

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

So it has been bugging me enough that I obtained a screen shot to see if was/could be.
Not really the clearest picture and the more I look the more I guess not, just incase anyone wants to have a look.

Spoiler:

I thought that guy was toby zeigler from the west wing. He totally had a beard.
Flickr
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573
I don't think I liked it as much as you guys, but it was ok. A lot better than Thor, The Hulk and Captain America.

Spoiler:
the bad guys were fucking weak "oh hey shall we build epic spaceships with awesome weapons?" ... "Nah lets have big slug things that have no weapons, and apart from that we'll just have lame chariots with no defences and basically our only weapons will be rifles, also we won't send our entire army at once, we'll do it really slowly and....hey what's Ironman doing up here??"

Admittedly the slugs looked super cool but seriously wouldn't you strap a few rocket launchers to it or something?

The film felt like there were a lot of writers involved and a lot didn't make sense. For example the argument they all have on board the flying aircraft carrier is weak. Ok so it's a catalyst to cause The Hulk to turn and have them break up then get back together, but it really didn't work as a scene.

Loki went from indestructible to weakling in the space of a few minutes.

The brainwashed scientist happened to build in a safety guard that would enable them to destroy the portal. Well that's handy, I mean, the guy was totally brainwashed but apparently not 100%? Meh.

Captain America takes a shot to the stomach but keeps going?

Look overall I enjoyed it but there were some pretty dodgy patches there where I was a bit "wtf?". I mean, it's nothing like as awful as transformers and I'll be going to see the future ones.

Also I really liked that they had the extra scene setting up the next movie after the main credits, not after ALL the credits. Not having to wait 10 minutes at the end of the movie = winning.
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,328
Not surprising Dubz has a fucking bitch at the movie. All your points are retarded. I cant even be fucked pointing out why, either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

I think you obviously dont understand what i'm trying to say.

jarrardscott +

The Digital Prophet

Times thanked
< 4,596
dubz = most cynical person in Australia.

not even exaggerating.
Oblivia +

An entangled inebriate.

Times thanked
< 305
Yeah, there were a couple of bits that didn't bare too much close scrutiny,
Spoiler:
like why did the nuke make all the aliens on earth die? Did they have some kind of hive mind thing? Also the whole problem with the hulk is that when he changes he is out of control, he wanted to kill Scarlet Johannsen, but then at the end he somehow understood the difference between good and bad? WTF?

But at the same time, who cares, its a comic book movie. It was really fun, the characters were great, it was really well shot and it had that great Joss Weedon balance of drama and comedy.
Flickr
Marshwah +

Playing to win

Times thanked
< 701
Fucking awesome it was. I didn't expect Hulk to be so damned entertaining. Killer flick, so much pressure riding on this, and it delivered in spades.
Order my book Being Bi-Bi - a memoir on mental health and sexuality -here.
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,375
Look, I enjoyed it but reading a lot of the reactions in here makes it sound like its faultless.
I agree with a number of Dubz points, specifically

Spoiler:

- lameness of alien opponents, with Episode 1 killswitch
- alien slug looked very similar to the big dragon in HTTYD
- maybe the character development isn't there with the movies but what exactly are Robin Hood and Black Widows superpowers supposed to be?
- The Battleship in the sky lol

And found his, awesome timeline for all the Marvel movies.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=58521
For more information on this post, visit kotaku.com.au/tags/grand-theft-auto-v/
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Times thanked
< 3,797
There is a lot of chatter going around that the U.S. release will have a extra 'end' credits scene...

Spoiler:
With Stark and Banner transferring Coulson's consciousness into an artificial life form or LMD that becomes sentient ala The Vision
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,375
That would be cool.

Spoiler:
gutted when he died
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

Not surprising Dubz has a fucking bitch at the movie. All your points are retarded. I cant even be fucked pointing out why, either.

Ah the old "Im smarter than you, but I'm far too busy to demonstrate why, just trust me on this" argument technique

Glad a few people do agree with me, because there are some glaring issues.

It was fun but it wasn't the original iron man, batman or x-men
DjReal +

Deep House Fanatic

Times thanked
< 23
The 'original' of any of those are from comics way back in the 50s and 60's .. and 'those' versions of x-men, batman etc are nothing like ones in the modern comics either.

As time goes on, the characters change and they need to be adapted to appeal to the audience/market they're aiming for, based on the media they're being produced on.

Even current versions of those characters on cartoons are not like the original cartoons either.
Gigs:
19/11 - Outside @ Electric Playground
26/11 - Outside @ Electric Playground
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,375
I think my head just exploded reading that.
jarrardscott +

The Digital Prophet

Times thanked
< 4,596

Quote:

There is a lot of chatter going around that the U.S. release will have a extra 'end' credits scene...

Spoiler:
With Stark and Banner transferring Coulson's consciousness into an artificial life form or LMD that becomes sentient ala The Vision

fuck me thatd be awesome!
dAvoZ +

Registered Boozer

Times thanked
< 30
i think dubz points are fair. the movie was awesome but its not above criticism.

i loved how the characters ripped into each other which meant it never took itself too seriously.
they also tied in the previous movies quite well. solid storyline.

the worst part for me was hulk's immediate change from uncontrollable to soldier between the aircraft carrier and the end fight scene.
the scenes with samuel l and the council were wooden and tacky.

strength of the invading army was fine for the purpose of the battle but it did seem like a normal military could have handled them.
Onijin +

Pastor of Muppets

Times thanked
< 537

Quote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Would certainly allow for him to come back for Iron Man 3 as planned. Plus, Marvel were looking to introduce characters like Black Panther into the current movie universe, so things like this could help to bring them into the fold.

Also loving the further developments with the Iron Man armour, particularly the walking removal mechanism at Stark Tower. Interesting to see what comes next with a Mark VIII armour in Iron Man 3.

Anyway, loved it. Hulk scenes towards the end were my favourite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimby View Post

Needs more Prog imo.

My SoundCloud
base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

Times thanked
< 2,400
I'm in the "movie was ok" camp. Maybe I had overly high expectations from the people raving about it and the 97% on Rotten Tomatoes but it didn't live up to those expectations I'm afraid. Some good sequences and funny scenes and I really wanted to love it but while enjoyable I can't call it a classic

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead

Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,375
Yeah, I'm with you.
Dammit, I think I got ovetaken with the hype!
Kill Whitey +

Times thanked
< 328
Pretty awesome, but not sure if it's worthy of the 'classic' label.
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
< 1,920
That last fight was one of the best action scenes in any movie, loving comics since I was a kid, I always dreamed of a lengthy action scene like that, yeah so some of the bad guys were easy to over come but thats sorta the point for the show off factor of all of them at work and working as a team. which I felt they did beautifully, im so glad they finally got the Hulk right. Was expecting some lulz with Joss there, and it he delivered beautifully with the Hulk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

Any sex enthusiast should whore it up at least once in their life IMO,
Its the oldest profession in the world.
Are you calling everyone wrong?.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »