Perth

Highlight of Your Day: Now with half the stages, all for the same price!!!!

Tools
kanni +

in za mikkusu ^-^

Times thanked
< 749
low: stoopid cold and lost my sense of taste =(
SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
< 261
Lo: some scumbag from the homeswest property across the road from my brother tried to smash his way in there late last night. Was banging on the door demanding a drink, tried to kick the door in when my bro wouldn't open it. Cops came and arrested the guy (who was out on bail). So my brother has finally got the lock replaced on the security door, and had to get his front door replaced. Glad nobody was hurt and that it didn't happen last week when his fiancee was home by herself.
You can't help that. We're all mad here
SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
< 261
Apparently one of my staff has called in sick "suffering from exhaustion".
If I don't see a carcass on the floor of my office then I want a doctor's note.
Quarrion +

Perth Modz: not boring

Times thanked
< 16
I'm "suffering from exhaustion" by being at work! Can I get a sick note too?
1UP Microcinema
1UP on Facespace
SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
< 261
well she faxed in a doctor's note and is off for the rest of the week, as is one of the other staff members. pfft slackers.

Then Mum fell over out the front of the house this morning (and apparently had trouble getting back up).
She was pretty upset and hobbling around with a sore knee so I sent her home too.
Although, I didn't actually see it so maybe she faked the whole thing and is sitting at home watching foxtels and eating chocolate.

I told her she gets three falls and then she has to wear a personal alarm. I also offered to kick her in the other leg to even things out. I am not popular today.
SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
< 261
Hi: have volunteered to be a scorer at the mines rescue comp next month. I will be awarding bonus points for hotness.
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,405
does anyone know the best place to find out how much I earnt in a year a while ago (about 2006/7), I wasnt at my current employer and may have had multiple jobs that year which is going to make things difficult. Do I just call the ATO or something? Eek. I have no payslips either. I am not even one hundred percent where I was working that year.
liseyt +

hai

Times thanked
< 100
Have you done the tax for that year? If not, you'll have to go to an accountant, who can access the ATO records and submit your tax return for that year going by those records.
Coming up for TLOY Perth:

Octave One (live)
Ben Sims
Robert Hood
liseyt +

hai

Times thanked
< 100

Quote:

Originally Posted by SparklingSam View Post

homeswest property

relevance?

Octave One (live)
Ben Sims
Robert Hood
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,405

Quote:

Originally Posted by liseyt View Post

Have you done the tax for that year? If not, you'll have to go to an accountant, who can access the ATO records and submit your tax return for that year going by those records.

Nah, thats why I need it. I got told I hadnt submitted my return for 05/06 and 06/07 or something like that and I have no idea, I was still in school/finishing up and working a few odd jobs before getting a traineeship so I am not sure at all of details. Guess I will have to speak to an accountant. Thanks!
SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
< 261
Why is it irrelevant? It's the only homeswest property in the street and the occupants have been causing trouble since they moved in. I told my brother previously that he should report them for antisocial behaviour but he was too slack.
Quarrion +

Times thanked
< 16
hi/lo: just hit the 'send application' button on a new job. Now we wait and see.
hi: if I don't get it I've decided to finish up at my current job and start a PhD next year.
hi: awesome weekend planned - shopping, bands and spining some tunes at a house party. Bring on Sunday's hangover!!
1UP Microcinema
1UP on Facespace
Chester +

trashbags unite!!

Times thanked
< 13
yeah i've bitten the bullet and decided to move on, so who wants to give me a job??? hey

i am over the stress, its making me sick and having to get valium so i can sleep at night is not where i want to be

now just to find something that i want to do and pays well!
I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their good intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. O.W
liseyt +

hai

Times thanked
< 100
Come work for a Contractor Rach, it's much more fun!

Octave One (live)
Ben Sims
Robert Hood
Onijin +

Pastor of Muppets

Times thanked
< 558
Lo: Dropped evidence of previous qualifications (copy of degree, academic transcripts, unit descriptions of relevant units, etc.) in to Polytechnic West to try and knock out some of the CEC photovoltaic grid-connect course prerequisites and get an email from the person I gave them to asking for evidence to meet the prerequisites, which was what I did yesterday! FFS, how hard is it to join the dots?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimby View Post

Needs more Prog imo.

My SoundCloud
Chester +

trashbags unite!!

Times thanked
< 13
lol got anything going lise?
I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their good intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. O.W
SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
< 261

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chester View Post

yeah i've bitten the bullet and decided to move on, so who wants to give me a job??? hey

i am over the stress, its making me sick and having to get valium so i can sleep at night is not where i want to be

now just to find something that i want to do and pays well!

Geez Rach I knew you said you were stressed but I didn't realise it had got that bad. I hope you find something soon.

I just refuse to stress about work anymore, been there, done that and it made me very sick and miserable. Probably not a good attitude seeing as how I am the business owner. If I have a rough day now I take myself to the pub for dinner

Highs:
home made sausage rolls for morning tea
Shopping for makeup on strawberry net for the first time
Party tonight
Enrolled for a arty craftsy workshop thing next weekend where I get to paint and decorate a parasol.

Lows:
I am a tad hungover. I'm hiding in my office not doing a lot.
liseyt +

hai

Times thanked
< 100

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chester View Post

lol got anything going lise?

I'm sure we could create a position for you!

Octave One (live)
Ben Sims
Robert Hood
kanni +

in za mikkusu ^-^

Times thanked
< 749
high: yay for the Wildcats and yay for the Bombers!
high: nabe (Japanese hotpot / steamboat) at home tonight

^-^
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,405
Hi : Got ableton as an early bday present from the missus
liseyt +

hai

Times thanked
< 100
lol is she hoping to spend less time with you?

Octave One (live)
Ben Sims
Robert Hood
Onijin +

Pastor of Muppets

Times thanked
< 558
Hi: Drinks and a mix with mates on Saturday night.
Hi: House to myself for four weeks.
Hi: Feel up to trying out for the Fresh Produce night at Ambar, my mixing is getting smooth enough.
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,405

Quote:

lol is she hoping to spend less time with you?

I dont know if she realises.... Or maybe she does and plans to lock me away in the back room
Gussigan +

business dog is all about business

Times thanked
< 3,768

Quote:

Why is it irrelevant? It's the only homeswest property in the street and the occupants have been causing trouble since they moved in. I told my brother previously that he should report them for antisocial behaviour but he was too slack.

if you want to report homeswest houses you'll need quite a lot of evidence because they're absolute dickheads about it. the time the homeswest fuckwits next to the rear of my house threw bottles at our property the complaint went nowhere because i didn't have any additional eye-witnesses (bit hard when it's straight from their yard in to my yard).

i think you have to blow up a meth lab in the property before you'll get evicted
Gusface Grillah
SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
< 261
Well I think in this instance the police report helped, plus his insurer is chasing up homeswest with a bill for damages.

But the poor guy next door spends every morning picking the trash up from his front yard that they have thrown over the fence.
SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
< 261
Hi: last week I tipped a perfect round and won $100 in my footy tipping comp
Lo: found out I had to take either a JB Hifi or Woolies voucher
Hi: I opted for JB's, can get some sweet cds and dvds on-line
Lo: then Kate pointed out I could have bought booze with a woolies voucher

kanni +

in za mikkusu ^-^

Times thanked
< 749
I used to buy many CDs and now I am moving soon and I cbf ripping them all to mp3... (luckily I can just leave them at old place)

high: Dub FX last night - awesome show!
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,405
Whats somewhere decent in cbd/ subi/ leederville to eat for an anniversary dinner for two? Probably an italian or seafood joint?

Thanks ITMers.
SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
< 261
Lo: spent the day helping mum pack up the old house. Seriously I have inhaled more dust than the time I camped at Southbound
Hi: found Dad's coat with his service medals on (bit late for anzac day) and I scored a heap of booze, being the boozehound in the family. um, tawny port anyone?
Lo: I felt physically and mentally drained afterwards, can't imagine what it's like for Mum - packing up 40 odd years worth of memories. She cried a lot.
not really a Hi but: I think maybe it's good that packing up things is prompting memories of happy times rather than just the recent memories of Dad being sick.

Hi: going to be all creative and paint myself a parasol tomorrow, which they are going to display in shop windows In Boulder and then in the evening it's avengers time
kanni +

in za mikkusu ^-^

Times thanked
< 749

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hdb2 View Post

Whats somewhere decent in cbd/ subi/ leederville to eat for an anniversary dinner for two? Probably an italian or seafood joint?

Thanks ITMers.

not really Italian or seafood but Balthazar is great for romantic dinners ^-^

Bar One menu looks good for Italian in the CBD, and rated highly on Urbanspoon.
Onijin +

Pastor of Muppets

Times thanked
< 558
Med: Programming mid-semester test tomorrow. Should go ok, hopefully.
Lo: Going to have to pay a visit to the real estate agent tomorrow and explain that it's a bit hard to get hold of my housemate's signature for the lease renewal when he's currently in Europe and doesn't have easy access to a scanner and printer.

Quote:

Needs more Prog imo.

My SoundCloud
Onijin +

Pastor of Muppets

Times thanked
< 558
Lo: Slowly coming to terms with the possibility I saw a friend of mine just hours before he passed away is a **** of a feeling right now. Been pretty numb for the past 24 hours or so since I found out, now it's starting to hit me. Even went to Roulette at the Scotto tonight to try and take my mind off it, but my brain's now flying at a million miles an hour trying to process things.

Quote:

Needs more Prog imo.

My SoundCloud
liseyt +

hai

Times thanked
< 100
That sucks

Octave One (live)
Ben Sims
Robert Hood
kanni +

in za mikkusu ^-^

Times thanked
< 749
sorry to hear Onijin =(
Maiden +

hanging for 4.30pm on Friday

Times thanked
< 4
Hi: Back on site and loving it
HI: went to the gym and di a step class last night.. first time i've done hardcore exercise in a while
Hi: we have a go Karting night tonight woohoo
HI: Finance for my house came through.. just waiting for the paperwork to get to Newman
Lo: people and their lack of respect for other people's belongings.. one of the girls on site offered to look after some stuff for me when i got sent back to Perth... she now only has half of it.. isn't sure where the other stuff went because she didn't bother to move it when we moved from one office to another.. umm WTF who does that.. Thankfully nothing too important or expensive
"Go Confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you imagined"
SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
< 261
Hi/Lo: we are having a vocational breakfast tomorrow morning at the local foodbank. I think I'm about to eat out of code baked beans.

Lo: told the receptionist urgent mail had to go out via express post. Discovered after she left for the day it had not gone out, because we had no express post envelopes. I though "urgent" and "must go out today" were fairly fucking clear instructions

Lo: the coffee machine at work is still broken, replacement part still being shipped. I may kill someone tomorrow
liseyt +

hai

Times thanked
< 100
lol you hate your receptionist Sam!

Octave One (live)
Ben Sims
Robert Hood
GoodLove +

likes this

Times thanked
< 3,762
lo: i miss ambar

hi: i live in whistler

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie View Post

Western Australian renaissance man (who knows that feel)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

Why do people call it a back pedal every time somebody explains themselves on the internet?

kanni +

in za mikkusu ^-^

Times thanked
< 749

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodLove View Post

lo: i miss ambar

hi: i live in whistler

how long are you in Whistler for?
would love to hit up the slopes there in the next couple of years.

high: nice dinner at Two Fat Indians last night
high: just got 12 macarons (eat a couple tonight =P & bring rest for Mother's day) from Jean Pierre Sancho - 25% off voucher from Entertainment Book FTW =)
liseyt +

hai

Times thanked
< 100
Lo: I ate too much lunch :fatty:

Octave One (live)
Ben Sims
Robert Hood
SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
< 261

Quote:

lol you hate your receptionist Sam!

when I was 19 and working as a receptionist I had it a lot harder than she does

She just doesn't seem to listen. I'm not the only person in the office complaining that she doesn't follow instructions.
I tell people to give the work back to her and make her fix it up, but then they ignore me too.

clearly I have no authority.
Onijin +

Pastor of Muppets

Times thanked
< 558
Sounds like verbal warning time to me.
SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
< 261
Hi: 3 sleeps till I'm back peeps!!!
GoodLove +

likes this

Times thanked
< 3,762

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanni View Post

how long are you in Whistler for?
would love to hit up the slopes there in the next couple of years.

Summer is just kicking in to gear here - its 24 degrees outside and Im about to go snowboarding, followed by a barbecue this arvo down by the lake

Probs going to stay until October, come back to Perth for 4 months to sava da monies, and then head back. Working for 12 bucks an hour doesnt exactly seem like a good long term gig.

Whistler had the best snow of anywhere in Canada this year, if youre thinking about coming over I'd definitely come here

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie View Post

Western Australian renaissance man (who knows that feel)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

Why do people call it a back pedal every time somebody explains themselves on the internet?

SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
< 261
Hi: well thank fuck today is over
Hi: 2 more sleeps
Lo: Scribe is playing at one of the local pubs in a couple of weeks time, Angry Buda as support but $55? meh, seen him a few times already
Senate +

.: dirty vinyl pusher :.

Times thanked
< 16
today is over?
im the hiphopopotamus. my lyrics are bottomless...

.: obscene, dirty, filthy, immoral :.

Quarrion +

Times thanked
< 16
hi/lo: back from 2 week driving the Gibb River Road. Spectacular scenery, got chased by bulls, had to outrun a wildfire (twice! Same fire!), some dingoes ate my hot chocolate, billabongs, super tan, super fit. Good times. Horror flight home being delayed cos some guy died on the plane. Glad to be back in a decent bed, without ticks, grass-seeds and dirt.
hi: taking the next three days off work then weekend fun. Going to spend it shopping, watching Game of Thrones/Community and resorting my tunes.
1UP Microcinema
1UP on Facespace
kanni +

in za mikkusu ^-^

Times thanked
< 749
^ speaking of ticks, reminds me of Bondi Vet the other night when a Pomeranian got bitten by a tick and had to be put on a ventilator and eventually passed away =((( sooo sad...

high: lovely dinner at Oliver's last night - mmm pork belly...! ^-^
SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
< 261
Nick Skitz is playing at one of the local bars on the long weekend. Fortunately I will be in Esperance.
kanni +

in za mikkusu ^-^

Times thanked
< 749

Quote:

Nick Skitz is playing at one of the local bars on the long weekend. Fortunately I will be in Esperance.

lol...

actually I saw a little sign on Fitzgerald st on the way to work this morning, saying he was playing somewhere -_-Zzz

« Previous Thread Next Thread »