Tools
MJay1993 +

Times thanked
< 34

Goddamnit Justin!
MJay1993 +

Times thanked
< 34
Apart from in between sets, do you peeps reckon that there'll be much foot traffic around the stages? I'm trying to keep my hopes up that I may just be able to work around the main stage when A&B are on
dan_essential77 +

rockers delight!!

Times thanked
< 131

Quote:

Originally Posted by middle C View Post

i think kabuki vs magik is in that shed again

worst place for sound, but gets the crowd rocking nonetheless!

A&B and Jizzepieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeee
mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 256
am i the only one wondering why there is a changeover between dirty south and guetta? both play similar music, and they are both just dj sets so what needs to be changed?
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 86

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattpolo8 View Post

am i the only one wondering why there is a changeover between dirty south and guetta? both play similar music, and they are both just dj sets so what needs to be changed?

LOL I never even noticed that... I just assumed that Changeover was some rubbish filler act. Not that I've really taken notice of what's on that main stage anyway! It seems though that festivals want to build up to the big main acts by putting in a gap. There was a break before Armin at Stero, and when I was at Future this year (in Sydney) there was a good 15 minute break before SHM came on. Looks like they are doing the same here, will probably have some random tunes pumping to try and get the crowd ready (they might as well just switch on Fox FM )
nickalaz +

Times thanked
< 25
It's gunna be awkward when 95% of attendees are at the mainstage when A&B are on..
flippy +

rushproductions.com.au / facebook.com/djjed

Times thanked
< 285
Hmm, convenient that A&B are on in the tiny little 90min break between my cousins wedding ceremony tomorrow and the reception. Maybe I can fistpump to some trance as the most well dressed punter there ever was?
RUSH PRODUCTIONS: HOUSE|PROG|TECH|TRANCE
Rush Radio - Podcast via iTunes or Podbean

Jed - Prog/Tech/Trance

GIGS'n'SHIT
09/05_TRANCE NATION
17/05_SUPER8 & TAB and BEN NICKY

MJay1993 +

Times thanked
< 34

Quote:

Originally Posted by flippy View Post

Hmm, convenient that A&B are on in the tiny little 90min break between my cousins wedding ceremony tomorrow and the reception. Maybe I can fistpump to some trance as the most well dressed punter there ever was?

flippy +

rushproductions.com.au / facebook.com/djjed

Times thanked
< 285
Nah the attention should really be on Above & Beyond at that time; not my sextastic new suit.

I'll take one for the team.. it's just the kinda guy I am.
RUSH PRODUCTIONS: HOUSE|PROG|TECH|TRANCE
Rush Radio - Podcast via iTunes or Podbean

Jed - Prog/Tech/Trance

GIGS'n'SHIT
09/05_TRANCE NATION
17/05_SUPER8 & TAB and BEN NICKY

krys_65 +

Trance Aficionado

Times thanked
< 82
Lawl, peeps would be like, I wonder who he's come as.

Pumped as a mofo for a&b! Think I'm gonna wee my pants a little when they play. Excited to see tritonal and Giuseppe too.
spazzy99 +

Times thanked
< 4
Gonna be an awesome day tomorrow, can't wait!

Last edited by spazzy99: 27-Apr-12 at 05:24pm

timmyd1200 +

Times thanked
< 1
yeah when a&b are on its going to be packed on main stage but still worth it though
inter08 +

Times thanked
< 66
Fuk I'm fknnn pumped
inter08 +

Times thanked
< 66
Happy Creamfields day party people
deeptrance +

Times thanked
< 14
They posted a 360 view of the main stage, looks pretty awesome to me, will be even better as the sun sets when a&b plays!
mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 256
Sun setting is irrelevant when its indoors
mynameisthis +

Times thanked
< 1
Anyone want to get rid of a cheap ticket? I'm in need.
martindagun +

Times thanked
< 5
I've got a ticket for sale for $100?
Amosse +

Bring Super8 & Tab to Australia!

Times thanked
< 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by martindagun View Post

I've got a ticket for sale for $100?

lawl, for reals?
Mike Hunt +

Times thanked
< 253
Vitalic! JPS vs Nam and The Heavy Innit boys all kicked some serious ass!
check out mike hunts weblog

http://mikehunts.wordpress.com

New mixes available for download
jcurran +

Times thanked
< 0
I feel sorry for all the people that were watching Guetta and missed Ottaviani's EPIC set.
martindagun +

Times thanked
< 5
W&w and Giuseppe ottaviani were epic
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 86
Seriously one of the best days that I've had in a long time. 8+ hours of pure pumping trance!!

Above and Beyond blew me the fuck away!! Oh. My. Gawd. SUN AND MOON!!.One of the most EPIC moments... EVER!! The atmosphere at that stage was like nothing I've seen before... the messages they were typing added a nice touch for sure!!

My biggest regret was leaving A&B 15 mins early (after Sun and Moon) for W&W. They were slightly disappointing for me. Very hit and miss. Some of their songs were amazingly mental (ZOMG INVASION!!!) But a few of their songs i wouldnt even call trance.

Otherwise... Marlo was fantastic. Tritonal played heaps off Piercing the Quiet which I was happy about. Sied had a good set. And im so glad that I was with someone who didnt want to see Guetta and just went fucking nuts dancing like losers to Giuseppe... but we dont care!!! Haha

Only negative. Trance stage... where is the fkn AIR CON!! That room was like a sauna... compare that to main stage which had 10 times the amount of people and was perfect temp.

Oh and nice to meet ya MJay! Hope you got finished in time for A&B!
JonnyMcK +

Times thanked
< 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdude View Post

But a few of their songs i wouldnt even call trance.!

MJay1993 +

Times thanked
< 34
Pretty awesome day, only gutted that I couldn't see much of Tritonal and Sied van Riel since I was ambassador-ing for ITM, and then hanging around the mainstage to get a good spot for A&B.

Given the expectations I had for Alesso when I was there for the second half of his set, I have to say it was pretty good just to party to. Nothing spectacular, just the general catchy commercial cheese that was expected was fun to party to.

A&B... definitely were NOT missing these guys the second time. And wow! Loved every minute of it, knowing most of the tunes playing whilst getting exposed to some new stuff, it was awesome (Prelude - definitely a highlight!). Only gripe (I expected it from the start), the crowd. It wasn't that bad during Armin @ Stereo IMO, but yesterday, there were people on the verge of fighting, some idiot brought in a glass bottle and dropped it in a pretty crowded area, some dude was practically dry-humping (deliberately of course) the friend I was dancing with, and the list goes on. Could only wish that there was a larger trance stage, and that they could've closed the night there to split the crowd more.

W&W were great I thought (soz Chris ). Although it did seem like they were just playing absolute banger from the past year after another, the energy was awesome. Really fun partying with heaps of people around me who were also getting into them heaps, really fun times, probably one of my more favourite "partying" sets (rather than general awesomeness ie. PvD, Gaz @ Future).

Haven't really heard much of Giuseppe's stuff until yesterday; but now I know why everyone on here's like "JIZZEPPEEEEE!!!!!" Man, great live set, awesome uplifting trance to close out the day, shame the crowd diminished heaps so there was pretty much only the front row who're really getting into it. But so many IDs I want now!!!

Awesome meeting you too Chris (albeit it was only for like a minute)!! Chuck us a fb request (pretty sure you can find me using "Mjay"), it'll be easier to tee up meeting at Armada Night or something.
deeptrance +

Times thanked
< 14
I managed to gather a tracklist of Above & Beyonds set (Yes I did enjoy myself)

01. Andrew Bayer & Matt Lange feat. Kerry Leva - In And Out Of Phase (Norin & Rad Remix)  
02. Oceanlab vs. Eric Prydz - Breaking 2Night (Maor Levi Mashup)
03. Mat Zo & Arty - Mozart
04. The Chemical Brothers - Swoon (Maor Levi Remix)
05. Above & Beyond feat. Richard Bedford - On My Way To Heaven (Club Mix)
06. ID
07. Above & Beyond feat. Richard Bedford - Thing Called Love (2011 Club Mix)  
08. Norin & Rad - Bloom
09. Above & Beyond feat. Zoe Johnston - You Got To Go (Kyau & Albert Remix)  
10. ID
11. Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus (Eric Prydz Remix)  
12. Above & Beyond vs. Andy Moor - Air For Life (Norin & Rad 2012 Remix)  
13. Above & Beyond feat. Richard Bedford - Sun & Moon (Club Mix)
14. Above & Beyond - Prelude
15. Oceanlab - On A Good Day (Acoustic Mix)

Most of it is right, there may be one or two mistakes.
marth +

Times thanked
< 1
Hey thanks for the tracklist deeptrance, did you manage to get any other tracklists ? Guiseppe/W&W?

In about an hour I'll be off to the Sydney edition.

Great reviews by the edm community here down under. Can't believe they will leave sun and moon til the end.
deeptrance +

Times thanked
< 14
Unfortunately I didn't get others but all I can say is they were both awesome. Like others have said W&W played all their big hits/party tunes with their 'tech house' sound and guiseppe plays some nice uplifting tunes. I went in not knowing a whole lot about guiseppe, I was dead tired but he still managed to keep me moving till the end, loved it. Also Tritonal had so much energy!
dan_essential77 +

rockers delight!!

Times thanked
< 131
Phenomenal night. Above & Beyond + Guiseppe Ottaviani...fkn awesome

Media Player
the_forsaken +

Times thanked
< 3
hmmmm pretty epic day. Loved a&b (altho accidentally (??heh) found myself pretty mashed for their set, so memory aside from epic awesomeness is a little sketch. W&W, sid van riel, all awesome, giseppe was an incredible way to end the day!

so... I also lost my wallet, anyone have an idea of who I could call for potential lost&found? (not much chance I guess... but worth trying?)
Errol Flynn +

Times thanked
< 313
ITMers you are an embarrassment to serious electronic music!
"you want it to be one way, but its the other wayฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎ํํํํํํํํํํํ ํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํ ํํํํํํํํํ.ฏ๎"
dan_essential77 +

rockers delight!!

Times thanked
< 131
Shut the fk up Flyn you trollololololo

As for you forsaken, you must have been really fkd up to lose ur wallet hahaha. Lost in the anjuna deep of trance awesomeness hahaha:pppp!
Squarky +

Times thanked
< 4
[Warning: somewhat jaded old trance fan here]

Rocked up about 2.30 to see a bit of Vitalic, couldn't get into it, so wandered over the the trance shed. MaRLo and Tritonal played, frankly, unremarkable, trance/house type stuff which the kids were going absolutely mental for. Tried to like it, and couldn't.

After a break for some fresh air, we dove back into the trance oven (now at about 50 degrees inside) to see Sied van Riel. Again, he played a couple of driving tracks before slipping back into a tech-house kind of vibe. Again, disappointed.

As we wandered into the main room, Alesso had the crowd eating out of his hand, despite the sound being woefully underpowered to fill the space crammed with thousands of people. A&B stepped up and played their hits, plus a couple of other Anjuna tracks. Fun, but certainly not mindblowing. The sound (boomy, muddy bass, lack of midrange and tinny high end) probably had a bit to do with my opinion.

Wandered back to W&W, who really hit the mark - they were super. Plenty of energy behind the decks, a great mix of anthems (Love Comes Again, Be Your Sound, Invasion, Silence) and tech trance.

Finally, a word of advice to the interstate punters: DO NOT MISS GIUSEPPE. I've been going to trance events for 10 years, and his set was the best thing I've ever seen. Full stop.

He stepped up and slammed out an hour and a half of genuine old school uplifting trance... very few make music like this any more. His remixes of PvD's Lost in Berlin and Don't Deserve You are phenomenal.

A rough tracklist from GO put together from scouring Youtube and Soundcloud this morning (in approximate order):

Giuseppe Ottaviani – ID (track 1 of ASOT 550 set)
Giuseppe Ottaviani – Linking People (just about died when I heard this coming in)
Giuseppe Ottaviani – Through Your Eyes
Betsie Larkin & Giuseppe Ottaviani - Toys
Giuseppe Ottaviani – Angel (Club Mix)
Paul van Dyk feat. Michelle Leonard – Lost in Berlin (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix) CHOOOOOOON!!!!
Paul van Dyk & Giuseppe Ottaviani – A Wonderful Day
Sean Tyas & Giuseppe Ottaviani - Arcobaleno
Giuseppe Ottaviani – ID (track 3 of ASOT 550 set)
Giuseppe Ottaviani – ID (track 7 of ASOT 550 set)
John O’Callaghan & Giuseppe Ottaviani – Ride the Wave
U2 – City of Blinding Lights (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix)
Paul van Dyk - For an Angel (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix)
System F – Out of the Blue (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix)
Gareth Emery – Sanctuary (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix)
Paul van Dyk feat. Plumb – I Don’t Deserve You (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix)
Giuseppe Ottaviani – No More Alone

Amazing. Reckon I'll retire from trance gigs now - I'll never see anything remotely that good again

Last edited by Squarky: 29-Apr-12 at 01:59pm

Reason: Typos

nickalaz +

Times thanked
< 25
why were W&W so late? not happy jan
Errol Flynn +

Times thanked
< 313

Quote:

Originally Posted by marth View Post

Hey thanks for the tracklist deeptrance, did you manage to get any other tracklists ? Guiseppe/W&W?

In about an hour I'll be off to the Sydney edition.

Great reviews by the edm community here down under. Can't believe they will leave sun and moon til the end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_essential77 View Post

As for you forsaken, you must have been really fkd up to lose ur wallet hahaha. Lost in the anjuna deep of trance awesomeness hahaha:pppp!

ah dan your pure cheese all the way! nice av lol
"you want it to be one way, but its the other wayฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎ํํํํํํํํํํํ ํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํ ํํํํํํํํํ.ฏ๎"
Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/simon-murphy 2 new mixes online now
Facebook: http://facebook.com/djsimonmurphy
Substance/Prognosis: http://substancesounds.net
the_forsaken +

Times thanked
< 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_essential77 View Post

hehe. got a lift home with a mate, dropped into maccas on the way and was like... ohhh nooooo... wallet gone didn't even notice until then... farrrrk. too much jumping in giseppe tent sighh
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 86

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squarky View Post

A rough tracklist from GO put together from scouring Youtube and Soundcloud this morning (in approximate order):

Giuseppe Ottaviani – Linking People (just about died when I heard this coming in)
Paul van Dyk feat. Michelle Leonard – Lost in Berlin (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix) CHOOOOOOON!!!!

Amazing. Reckon I'll retire from trance gigs now - I'll never see anything remotely that good again

Apparently one of the songs in there was a new one with Alana Aldea. It was a top set. I really didn't have any real expectations from Giuseppe and didn't expect to stay right until the end but I did. He ended the night with a bang. My friend and I were just dancing like crazy as were the people around us. It was good that the room wasn't so packed for him so had our spot on the side to bring Creamfields to a close. He was great.

I'm still buzzing from A&B a day later... Sun and Moon... yeah!!
worla +

STAT!

Times thanked
< 2,353
so 200 people got arrested hey?
i ate all your bee's.....
pumbz +

Times thanked
< 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post

I managed to gather a tracklist of Above & Beyonds set (Yes I did enjoy myself)

01. Andrew Bayer & Matt Lange feat. Kerry Leva - In And Out Of Phase (Norin & Rad Remix)  
02. Oceanlab vs. Eric Prydz - Breaking 2Night (Maor Levi Mashup)
03. Mat Zo & Arty - Mozart
04. The Chemical Brothers - Swoon (Maor Levi Remix)
05. Above & Beyond feat. Richard Bedford - On My Way To Heaven (Club Mix)
06. ID
07. Above & Beyond feat. Richard Bedford - Thing Called Love (2011 Club Mix)  
08. Norin & Rad - Bloom
09. Above & Beyond feat. Zoe Johnston - You Got To Go (Kyau & Albert Remix)  
10. ID
11. Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus (Eric Prydz Remix)  
12. Above & Beyond vs. Andy Moor - Air For Life (Norin & Rad 2012 Remix)  
13. Above & Beyond feat. Richard Bedford - Sun & Moon (Club Mix)
14. Above & Beyond - Prelude
15. Oceanlab - On A Good Day (Acoustic Mix)

Most of it is right, there may be one or two mistakes.

06 - Markus Schulz - Gypsy room (Duderstadt Rmx)
pumbz +

Times thanked
< 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squarky View Post

Rocked up about 2.30 to see a bit of Vitalic, couldn't get into it, so wandered over the the trance shed. MaRLo and Tritonal played, frankly, unremarkable, trance/house type stuff which the kids were going absolutely mental for. Tried to like it, and couldn't.

After a break for some fresh air, we dove back into the trance oven (now at about 50 degrees inside) to see Sied van Riel. Again, he played a couple of driving tracks before slipping back into a tech-house kind of vibe. Again, disappointed.

As we wandered into the main room, Alesso had the crowd eating out of his hand, despite the sound being woefully underpowered to fill the space crammed with thousands of people. A&B stepped up and played their hits, plus a couple of other Anjuna tracks. Fun, but certainly not mindblowing. The sound (boomy, muddy bass, lack of midrange and tinny high end) probably had a bit to do with my opinion.

Wandered back to W&W, who really hit the mark - they were super. Plenty of energy behind the decks, a great mix of anthems (Love Comes Again, Be Your Sound, Invasion, Silence) and tech trance.

Finally, a word of advice to the interstate punters: DO NOT MISS GIUSEPPE. I've been going to trance events for 10 years, and his set was the best thing I've ever seen. Full stop.

He stepped up and slammed out an hour and a half of genuine old school uplifting trance... very few make music like this any more. His remixes of PvD's Lost in Berlin and Don't Deserve You are phenomenal.

Last track of the night was Toys one of his best
pumbz +

Times thanked
< 28
My opinion

Creamfields was a disaster for a few reasons
1. For above & beyond being in a main stage (all trance artists should be together IMO)
2. Sound in the main tent must have been setup by amatuers... seriously underpowered and i was 20 meters from the front. Guess they didnt want to wake the neighbours lol.
3. The trance arena shouldve been placed in the same arena used for Stereosonic, or and the very least, used the whole room as there was 30 meters of extra space behind the stage.... poor arrangement. Influx of ppl to see w&w was surreal, but have close to a few thousand trying to push into that room proved that it was under sized.

overall i give this a 5/10
Stereosonic (which is also run by the same monkeys that ran creamfields) was far more success....

and i do hope they read and take on board peoples opinions.

PumBz
deeptrance +

Times thanked
< 14
Agree on your points there, although I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Above & Beyond should have really closed off the trance stage, majority of the crowd was just standing there even to their big hits. Also could barely make out their intro but I think they did turn it up higher a little during 'In And Out of Phase'. Still, pretty much had to force my way to the front to actually hear anything properly. I think the trance stage was fine, nice and dark just the way it should be unlike the white shed which is also very narrow and has bad sound. I thought size was also fine, never really felt packed, especially after being squashed at A&B.
interfooler +

Times thanked
< 0
Agree with some that the sound system in the main stage was seriously underpowered. Also where the hell are the lasers?!!
Both sound and visuals in the trance stage shit all over main stage, but my god was it hot in there.
Giuseppe's sets done it for me last night. From the moment he starts right up to the end, it was epic.
spazzy99 +

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumbz View Post

overall i give this a 5/10
Stereosonic (which is also run by the same monkeys that ran creamfields) was far more success....

and i do hope they read and take on board peoples opinions.

PumBz

Your comparing 'Creamfields' to 'Stereosonic'!

Creamfields Melbourne 2010 8,000ppl. 2011 12,000ppl, 2012 unknown.
Stereosonic has been going for many years now and there at around 37,000 - 45,000ppl. Completely different AV budget levels.
scoobersteve +

RAINBOW SERPENT 2012. DOOFIN' IT UP!

Times thanked
< 25
Pretty sure A&B opened up with a remix of Stealing Time. Most of the people there were 'OMG A&B... I love Sun & Moon' fans. Had no idea with most of the tracks. Rather A&B come down when it's their own tour.

A&B were great... but set of the day definitely goes to Giuseppe. Perfect closing trance set. Loved Angel, Out of The Blue & Sanctuary.
dan_essential77 +

rockers delight!!

Times thanked
< 131
Media Player
Guiseppe Ottaviani | CREAMFIELDS MELBOURNE 2012 - YouTube

OH THE HUMANITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,500
Did anybody check out the competition winner Exis?
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

the_forsaken +

Times thanked
< 3

awesome vid, I was left&front about 5 meters each, fooking hell... epic
iLuvRibbons +

SUMMER IS..

Times thanked
< 3
LOVED TRITONAL. Just watching those guys made such a great atmosphere. A&B were great as usual!! If people didn't know them before, they sure do now. I also didn't mind ShockOne
http://youtu.be/27rylvGH5l4

« Previous Thread Next Thread »