Brisbane and Gold Coast

Minimal/Techno/Tech (non-commercial) in Brisbane/GC?

Tools
Shepz +

Times thanked
< 67
Minimal/Techno/Tech (non-commercial) in Brisbane/GC?
Does this happen? How do people usually take them?

Church of Techno, La Famiglia, Minimal Sydney, The Techno Bug (London)

La Famiglia every Saturday @ The Burdekin Hotel (10pm-7am)

Tracks and Mixes: http://www.soundcloud.com/shepz
Parcbench +

Times thanked
< 0
Of course it happens. Is that the question? They are very much followed.... Can help you make one happen if you want?
grug72 +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 58
Hey Shepz, welcome to the Brisbane forums. I think you know my mate Aaron down in Sydney, and may have met you at subsonic.

Are you looking in terms of playing, attending or trying to get artists up here.

Quick run down.

Attending - yes there are, but we don't get the more lesser known acts that Sydney get. For example we had motor city drum ensemble, matthais tamzann, Carl Craig and Sebastian Leger but did not get acts like Radioslave, Marcel Fengler, Phillip Bader, Jef K etc. I would say we get about 1/3 of the decent and minimal acts that come to Australia up to Brisbane. When we do get them its normally pretty good but it is pretty much always at either the one club or on a boat. Fun parties, good people, generally well attended, but can be very hit and miss. Booking a big name doesn't guarantee success up here.

Playing - Good luck on that front. I know you are a decent dj, based on what you played at Subsonic not sure what the uptake would be but can ask around/give you contacts if the guys on this end agree.

Getting artists up here - let me know what acts you have and I can point you in the right direction.
Shepz +

Times thanked
< 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by grug72 View Post

Hey Shepz, welcome to the Brisbane forums. I think you know my mate Aaron down in Sydney, and may have met you at subsonic.

Are you looking in terms of playing, attending or trying to get artists up here.

Quick run down.

Attending - yes there are, but we don't get the more lesser known acts that Sydney get. For example we had motor city drum ensemble, matthais tamzann, Carl Craig and Sebastian Leger but did not get acts like Radioslave, Marcel Fengler, Phillip Bader, Jef K etc. I would say we get about 1/3 of the decent and minimal acts that come to Australia up to Brisbane. When we do get them its normally pretty good but it is pretty much always at either the one club or on a boat. Fun parties, good people, generally well attended, but can be very hit and miss. Booking a big name doesn't guarantee success up here.

Playing - Good luck on that front. I know you are a decent dj, based on what you played at Subsonic not sure what the uptake would be but can ask around/give you contacts if the guys on this end agree.

Getting artists up here - let me know what acts you have and I can point you in the right direction.

Cool bro, it's a mixture of things really. I've yet to get my ass up to Brissy! A bit over Sydney at the moment if I must admit!

Obviously it would be great to hook up with the people that are putting on the proper underground gigs; I love playing, especially on the smaller stages and intimate gigs. I'll PM you my email address so we can talk about what's happening.

I also get quite a few acts offered to me which I'm looking to bring over.

Ta lads.
Shepz

Shepz +

Times thanked
< 67
Oops.. Seems I can't PM you.

I'm reachable on: shepzy@gmail.com

robohan +

rolling on a tangent

Times thanked
< 50
lets get minimal covers this:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/letsgetminimal/
lets get minimal
www.myspace.com/letsgetminimal

• 27-29/9 manifest qld
  • 3/11 delano smith (detroit) - LGM Boat party
  • 7-9/12 Subsonic Music Festival
  • 22/12 terrence parker (detroit)- Coniston Lane
Shepz +

Times thanked
< 67
Nice one mate. Good to link up... Will chat soon!

« Previous Thread Next Thread »