General

The daily grind - public transport

Reply
  Tools
Sylva Mivva +

fighting off downies

Sylva Mivva's Avatar
Joined
May '06
Times thanked
< 94
Posts
8,569
I MUCH prefer to walk than get the bus.
As it has been raining so much here, I have been getting the bus again.
Monday morning I had to get off as there was a young dude next to me chowing down on Subway.
My iPod was flat & I could hear his chewing so badly, plus it fucking REEKED.

Then yesterday I get off the bus (after opening my fb homepage) I get a friend request from a a random dude that was sitting behind me.

Back to walking again me thinks.

Body odour on public transport, GAG.
yes she didn't.
Villephant +

Can't see

Villephant's Avatar
Joined
Sep '03
Times thanked
< 1,456
Posts
7,320
how did he?
Villephant - 2014-02 It's still 2, it's still 2!
InfraDread - Lover's Jungle
Sylva Mivva +

fighting off downies

Sylva Mivva's Avatar
Joined
May '06
Times thanked
< 94
Posts
8,569
send me a request do you mean?
my profile was open & my name is displayed at the top.
yes she didn't.
ravelikespastic +

Registered User

ravelikespastic's Avatar
Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
< 1,286
Posts
4,284

Quote:

Originally Posted by prjkt View Post

you'd be surprised how desperate some of the people here get... maybe I should post that pic of you from A&B... that might change a few minds :p

Chris you still have to send me those & the stereosonic ones
walkdogz +

Registered User

walkdogz's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
< 510
Posts
7,170

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylva Mivva View Post

send me a request do you mean?
my profile was open & my name is displayed at the top.

That's fucking creepy on many levels. Did he sniff your hair too?
Dj Whisper +

Bouncing off clouds

Dj Whisper's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 984
Posts
5,723
Been in Melbourne for 7 months now and still haven't caught a train, tram or bus.

Sydney taught me to avoid public transport like the plague, and this thread is reminding me why! Thanks

Last edited by Dj Whisper: 26-Jan-12 at 10:22am

trippytrip +

om nom nom

trippytrip's Avatar
Joined
Dec '06
Times thanked
< 8,141
Posts
14,126
melbourne's not as bad as sydney, i am led to believe.
ravelikespastic +

Registered User

ravelikespastic's Avatar
Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
< 1,286
Posts
4,284

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylva Mivva View Post

I MUCH prefer to walk than get the bus.
As it has been raining so much here, I have been getting the bus again.
Monday morning I had to get off as there was a young dude next to me chowing down on Subway.
My iPod was flat & I could hear his chewing so badly, plus it fucking REEKED.

Then yesterday I get off the bus (after opening my fb homepage) I get a friend request from a a random dude that was sitting behind me.

Back to walking again me thinks.

Body odour on public transport, GAG.

Thats scray as! What the hell is wrong with people, how do you not know you reek, honestly!
Fred_Pillhead +

Registered User

Fred_Pillhead's Avatar
Joined
Jul '09
Times thanked
< 331
Posts
1,584

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravelikespastic View Post

Thats scray as! What the hell is wrong with people, how do you not know you reek, honestly!

You'd be surprised just how badly some people lack basic skills, like keep the house clean, brushing their teeth and washing under their foreskin.

Pigs.
"If your chromosomes are fucked and you look like a toad
Beat your meat and fling the load"
SlicyDicer +

white people are the worst

SlicyDicer's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
< 3,178
Posts
17,222

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylva Mivva View Post

send me a request do you mean?
my profile was open & my name is displayed at the top.

hahahaha that's really funny, I'd probably do the same thing if I could read someones facebook on a train or something and I was bored.
SlicyDicer +

white people are the worst

SlicyDicer's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
< 3,178
Posts
17,222

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj Whisper View Post

Been in Melbourne for 7 months now and still haven't caught a train, tram or bus.

Sydney taught me to avoid public transport like the plague, and this thread is reminding me why! Thanks

hmm yes that's why all families should have 3 cars each fuck the environment drive everywhere, do your part for rising fuel costs, today!
jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

jarrardscott's Avatar
Joined
Aug '06
Times thanked
< 4,674
Posts
27,740

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylva Mivva View Post

send me a request do you mean?
my profile was open & my name is displayed at the top.

aww isnt that sweet though!
System_J +

Better Call Saul

System_J's Avatar
Joined
Sep '09
Times thanked
< 257
Posts
2,379

Quote:

Originally Posted by trippytrip View Post

melbourne's not as bad as sydney, i am led to believe.

Yep, but at least we're not in NY.

Media Player
"Then I see his penis out!" - YouTube

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

I just plain don't trust fat people.

Where did they get all that food from?

mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

mlirosi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '10
Times thanked
< 3,155
Posts
2,375
there is nothing like a good old genital flashing to let the opposite sex know your interested
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Bumpy's Avatar
Joined
Mar '07
Times thanked
< 4,511
Posts
5,490
No but I have seen a homeless man spit on a women in Melbourne.
ravelikespastic +

Registered User

ravelikespastic's Avatar
Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
< 1,286
Posts
4,284
This morning the guy on the bus I sometimes catch that smells like pee was yelling things to everyone.
So I got off and walked in the rain.

Its one thing to smell like piss but dont yell as well

Fucking Vline was delayed over an hour this morning, lucky I got a lift to the metro station and got to north melbourne earlier than expected onyl to find that my craigeburn/upfields are delayed by 15 minutes fkkk
prjkt +

hmmm

prjkt's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
< 642
Posts
1,872
That's Melbourne for ya

btw Jess PM me your email, I'll send through some pics

Quote:

Originally Posted by puretrance89 View Post

My muzza's are more tanked up than your muzzas!

Barra +

I need a vodka...STAT!!!!

Barra's Avatar
Joined
Jul '08
Times thanked
< 15
Posts
507
I am about to endure a week on public transport. Stupid accident means I am without my car for a week (wasnt even my fault) and cant afford to rent a car so its my pushie up to the train station then a 40 minute ride into the city. YUK YUK YUKKITY YUK!!!

I want my car baaaack!
Oh, put your nipples away. That's why you've got fucking pockets, arsehole."
dbb618 +

md5sum < /dev/urandom

dbb618's Avatar
Joined
May '06
Times thanked
< 1,753
Posts
14,861
I caught a bus and a tram on Australia Day.

I can confirm the public transport I took is better than sitting on a bus full of unwashed Mexicans & their chickens.
Hopped in the car and torpe'ed to the shack
Of Shaheed, "We gotta go back" when he said
"Why?" I said, "We gotta go
'Cause I left my wallet in El Segundo"

http://twitter.com/derekbradley
http://untappd.com/user/dbb618

https://plus.google.com/117630500124...73/posts?hl=en
ravelikespastic +

Registered User

ravelikespastic's Avatar
Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
< 1,286
Posts
4,284

Quote:

Originally Posted by prjkt View Post

That's Melbourne for ya

btw Jess PM me your email, I'll send through some pics

I know, I couldnt just as easily get a car and drive in but not having to pay for petrol, rego, insurance, maintenance or the cost of buying a vehicle is really helping my savings.

Also, PM sent.
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

mlirosi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '10
Times thanked
< 3,155
Posts
2,375
I was on my home last night and the train was rather empty, bit of a luxury when heading Sydenham way in peak hour.

It wasn’t until we hit west Footscray when the gentleman next to me told me that he liked my watch and wanted to know where I got it from, as I proceeded to advise him of the details I came to the sudden realisation that I was going to be mugged, unfortunately I do not maintain any characteristics that van dam or Bruce Willis behold and I came to the conclusion that my best method of survival would be to do the fake get off at a station and get onto another carriage to see if he followed me.

Turns out he was really interested in my watch and didn’t follow me…in hindsight it is a nice watch so why wouldn’t he like it
MCSphinx +

Brotankhamen.

MCSphinx's Avatar
Joined
Jan '03
Times thanked
< 2,122
Posts
16,830

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy View Post

life and shit.

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Random_Kiwi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '04
Times thanked
< 1,285
Posts
15,130

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravelikespastic View Post

Thats scray as! What the hell is wrong with people, how do you not know you reek, honestly!

Apparently people with bad BO or bad breath plum don't know they have it...they're that accustomed to their own smell they just do not notice it...so the best thing you can do for them is publically embarrass the fuck out of their stinky asses so that they'll learn
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
ravelikespastic +

Registered User

ravelikespastic's Avatar
Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
< 1,286
Posts
4,284

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

Apparently people with bad BO or bad breath plum don't know they have it...they're that accustomed to their own smell they just do not notice it...so the best thing you can do for them is publically embarrass the fuck out of their stinky asses so that they'll learn

Good point, they have lived with that smell they wouldnt even know any different.
Yeah when you cover your mouth/nose when someone next to you stinks they should get the point.
Villephant +

Can't see

Villephant's Avatar
Joined
Sep '03
Times thanked
< 1,456
Posts
7,320
this is what perfumes and smelling things made happen...
if nobody used that crap, everyone would be fine with the smell of human...
now we need to smell like flowers
Villephant - 2014-02 It's still 2, it's still 2!
InfraDread - Lover's Jungle
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

mlirosi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '10
Times thanked
< 3,155
Posts
2,375

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villephant View Post

this is what perfumes and smelling things made happen...
if nobody used that crap, everyone would be fine with the smell of human...
now we need to smell like flowers

come catch the Sydenham line with me and see if you still feel the same way
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Random_Kiwi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '04
Times thanked
< 1,285
Posts
15,130
There's BO and then there's just piss poor fucking long lasting hygiene issues...like if it's a hot day and someone has been sweating, shit happens, happens to everyone...but those fucking ferral bastards who A) don't even seem to us deoderant and B) don't ever seem to shower and C) don't ever seem to wash their fucking clothes and just permeate this stale fetid stench are the ones who really need a head check.

And bad breathe...God Good man, it's 7:25 in the morning and your mouth smells worse than my ass ever does...not one for racial stereotypes generally, but Indian men, mother fuck man, do they not have tooth brushes back home?!?! Feel so sorry for Indian girls...95% of the time I find myself cringing at someone's bad breathe, it's an Indian man
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
Villephant +

Can't see

Villephant's Avatar
Joined
Sep '03
Times thanked
< 1,456
Posts
7,320
hey, it is a different world now, it stinks to me too
Villephant - 2014-02 It's still 2, it's still 2!
InfraDread - Lover's Jungle
ravelikespastic +

Registered User

ravelikespastic's Avatar
Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
< 1,286
Posts
4,284

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlirosi View Post

come catch the Sydenham line with me and see if you still feel the same way

Or catch my Vline that collects people from Melton first.
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

mlirosi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '10
Times thanked
< 3,155
Posts
2,375

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravelikespastic View Post

Or catch my Vline that collects people from Melton first.

or go to Melton

or stand next to someone from Melton

or even be in the same room as someone who once visited Melton
Fred_Pillhead +

Registered User

Fred_Pillhead's Avatar
Joined
Jul '09
Times thanked
< 331
Posts
1,584
I banged a chick that was raised in Melton until she was 5, where she then moved to Franks ton until I met her when she was 18.

She was the same goth chick that would do ass to mouth that I've previously mentioned.

I wonder if there's any correlation between sexual deviancy and where one is raised?
"If your chromosomes are fucked and you look like a toad
Beat your meat and fling the load"
dbb618 +

md5sum < /dev/urandom

dbb618's Avatar
Joined
May '06
Times thanked
< 1,753
Posts
14,861
ask the Germans
Hopped in the car and torpe'ed to the shack
Of Shaheed, "We gotta go back" when he said
"Why?" I said, "We gotta go
'Cause I left my wallet in El Segundo"

http://twitter.com/derekbradley
http://untappd.com/user/dbb618

https://plus.google.com/117630500124...73/posts?hl=en
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

mlirosi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '10
Times thanked
< 3,155
Posts
2,375

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred_Pillhead View Post

I banged a chick that was raised in Melton until she was 5, where she then moved to Franks ton until I met her when she was 18.

She was the same goth chick that would do ass to mouth that I've previously mentioned.

I wonder if there's any correlation between sexual deviancy and where one is raised?

Melton to Frankston…and you still you willingly engaged in fornication with this young lady

I assume you are of the persuasion that maintains the theory that ‘any hole is a goal?’

I mean even the Melton people complain about the smell that the Frankston people emit on public transport
Fred_Pillhead +

Registered User

Fred_Pillhead's Avatar
Joined
Jul '09
Times thanked
< 331
Posts
1,584

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlirosi View Post

Melton to Frankston…and you still you willingly engaged in fornication with this young lady

I assume you are of the persuasion that maintains the theory that ‘any hole is a goal?’

I mean even the Melton people complain about the smell that the Frankston people emit on public transport

Well I can tell you it wasn't my knob that stunk, because she licked it clean.
"If your chromosomes are fucked and you look like a toad
Beat your meat and fling the load"
ravelikespastic +

Registered User

ravelikespastic's Avatar
Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
< 1,286
Posts
4,284
"Attention customers Vline would like to apologise for the delay there is an ill passenger at Footscray"
Meanwhile 4 cityloop trains passed by us, which also pass Footscray.
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

mlirosi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '10
Times thanked
< 3,155
Posts
2,375

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravelikespastic View Post

"Attention customers Vline would like to apologise for the delay there is an ill passenger at Footscray"
Meanwhile 4 cityloop trains passed by us, which also pass Footscray.

well its only fair you guys wait longer, you get those comfy chairs in v-line

while im pretty sure i spent the good part of my commute on the shoulders of a midget or young child
ravelikespastic +

Registered User

ravelikespastic's Avatar
Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
< 1,286
Posts
4,284

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlirosi View Post

well its only fair you guys wait longer, you get those comfy chairs in v-line

while im pretty sure i spent the good part of my commute on the shoulders of a midget or young child

Who said I get a chair! I honestly have only ever sat down like 5 times in the 11 months Ive been catching this train service.
I get on 3 stops after Bacchus marsh so its all the melton bums waking up early to go to centrelink stealing my chairs.
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

mlirosi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '10
Times thanked
< 3,155
Posts
2,375

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravelikespastic View Post

Who said I get a chair! I honestly have only ever sat down like 5 times in the 11 months Ive been catching this train service.
I get on 3 stops after Bacchus marsh so its all the melton bums waking up early to go to centrelink stealing my chairs.

Your obviously not a morning person and need to be more switched on

Try throwing a two dollar coin on the floor this will defiantly get at least 80% of the Meltoners off their chair, and will provide you great entertainment for the rest of the ride,

this trick can also work with;
*a dollar coin,
*a half-eaten taco,
*a shadow in the shape of an eagle or dog waging its tail
* something shiny
*a coupon for half priced Mountain Dew or
*season 1 of my name is earl (I think its because they can relate to it)

This will no doubt result in a no holes barred death match where only the strong survive, meaning each day there will be one less Meltoner to take up a seat
ravelikespastic +

Registered User

ravelikespastic's Avatar
Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
< 1,286
Posts
4,284
I usually catch the train with my dad & some people weve started talking to. So I may need more than one of the above options in order to get us both a seat.

My Name is Earl is a great show!

Also yesterday on the bus a lovely crippled man got up off his seat and offered it to me, I said no but he insisted and said "im off at the next stop" but he never got off.
Then he sat in his wheely frame thing and when the bus took off he started rolling down the aisle and he offered me some lollies.

SO FUCKING AWKWARD.
b_bop +

Registered User

b_bop's Avatar
Joined
Mar '07
Times thanked
< 234
Posts
1,676
God you are boring. Prattling on in this inane manner, oblivious to the comedy around you.
Wats clubing by yourself like and dose enyone do it
AixP +

(",)~~

AixP's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 35
Posts
1,991
Have you two hooked up yet?

The only reason i keep coming back in here is to see the wedding pics.
010101110110100001100101011100100
110010100100111011100110010000001
110100011010000110010100100000011
100100110010101101101011011110111
01000110010100111111
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

mlirosi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '10
Times thanked
< 3,155
Posts
2,375

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravelikespastic View Post


My Name is Earl is a great show!

SO FUCKING AWKWARD.

Ohhh spastic, no…my name is earl??....great show??...This can only be as a result of spending too much time on the vline

The whole social norm in offering a seat is just awkward, when is one old enough that you offer it?? When are you meant to accept the offer?

But that is pretty funny, I guess the old guy has recently lost his licence and has only started catching the bus….offering candy to young girls would have been more effective back in the day when he drove a van
ravelikespastic +

Registered User

ravelikespastic's Avatar
Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
< 1,286
Posts
4,284

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_bop View Post

God you are boring. Prattling on in this inane manner, oblivious to the comedy around you.

As long as someone is lol-ing I dont mind.
With me or at me is not important.
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

mlirosi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '10
Times thanked
< 3,155
Posts
2,375

Quote:

Originally Posted by AixP View Post

Have you two hooked up yet?

The only reason i keep coming back in here is to see the wedding pics.

who do you thing was the 'old awkward guy' offering her candy on the bus the other day...THATS RIGHT

who doesnt like an old guy with candy??...wedding pics are not far off
gonefishin +

Registered User

gonefishin's Avatar
Joined
Mar '11
Times thanked
< 391
Posts
1,633

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravelikespastic View Post

Also yesterday on the bus a lovely crippled man got up off his seat and offered it to me, I said no but he insisted and said "im off at the next stop" but he never got off.
Then he sat in his wheely frame thing and when the bus took off he started rolling down the aisle and he offered me some lollies.

SO FUCKING AWKWARD.

you should have reciprocated and offered to do something nice for him
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

pEAkeR_hAT's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
< 4,661
Posts
12,343
raveslikespastic is a pretty girl, lets be honest.

Old guy was probably just taking the piss by using "classic bus pick up cliches " on her,

and shes all like "wtf, why didn't he get off at his stop?!", "SOMEONE STOP THE BUSSS!!!"
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Life trainwreck stories, bewbs, mod angering drug implicated posts and 2fast2furious only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mliro View Post

that’s terrible spastic
also I would imagine a little disheartening that he has never attempted to drug rape you?

dragonsfire +

Registered User

dragonsfire's Avatar
Joined
Oct '05
Times thanked
< 33
Posts
120
I don't use public transport but I do get a good look at all of the people at the bus stops and train station.
They f@#king hate when you stare at the from a car, even a piece of shit car like mine. I have had chics swear at me and guys threatan me. I will do every thing I can to not use public transport.
Even when i go out i will not drink alot so i can drive home when I want to.
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

mlirosi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '10
Times thanked
< 3,155
Posts
2,375

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonsfire View Post

I don't use public transport but I do get a good look at all of the people at the bus stops and train station.
They f@#king hate when you stare at the from a car, even a piece of shit car like mine. I have had chics swear at me and guys threatan me. I will do every thing I can to not use public transport.
Even when i go out i will not drink alot so i can drive home when I want to.

Oh you hit the nail on the head!!

Whilst we wait in the blistering cold, we all huddle in together and share stories of when we once drove in a car, and share fantasises of one day when we will own our own car and be those lucky people you hear about that drive themselves to work, Mary whom catches the 7:15 once got to drive in a front seat of a car, true story she even has pictures in her wallet of the experience

We envy the population who are totally self-dependant on their transportation needs and therefore im sure you can understand our resentment
Fred_Pillhead +

Registered User

Fred_Pillhead's Avatar
Joined
Jul '09
Times thanked
< 331
Posts
1,584

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlirosi View Post

Oh you hit the nail on the head!!

Whilst we wait in the blistering cold, we all huddle in together and share stories of when we once drove in a car, and share fantasises of one day when we will own our own car and be those lucky people you hear about that drive themselves to work, Mary whom catches the 7:15 once got to drive in a front seat of a car, true story she even has pictures in her wallet of the experience

We envy the population who are totally self-dependant on their transportation needs and therefore im sure you can understand our resentment

LOL, I've got an awesome car and still choose to you public transport because I'd rather put up with smelly, fat, foreign, elderly, homeless, sad, loud and pathetic people because it beats sitting in traffic doing 3km/h.

It's like a form of self torture.
"If your chromosomes are fucked and you look like a toad
Beat your meat and fling the load"
trippytrip +

om nom nom

trippytrip's Avatar
Joined
Dec '06
Times thanked
< 8,141
Posts
14,126
i'd rather sit on a train for an hour than deal with morning peak hour traffic. i live 35 kms out of the city and it's a nice, quiet, 50 min ride in one the train as opposed to almost 2 hours of torturous slow moving traffic and fucking morons who can't drive.

my train line isn't too bad, i grew up on the glen waverley line and when i moved to bayswater i was a little dubious about what to expect on the belgrave/lilydale line. turns out, all the human trash generally rides the lilydale/mooroolbark service so as long as i get on my belgrave/upper ferntree gully service then it's all good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbb618 View Post

ask ze Germans

fxt
Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts