Sport and Fitness

Nrl 2012

Closed thread
  Tools
buffed +

Times thanked
< 172
Lachlan coote should be a 5/8. Penrith are weak in the halves and Coote has the skills to develop into a good 5/8. Not much point having your best attacking weapons on the wing
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
i think coote would need to bulk up a bit more to handle the load at 6. gordon would probably be better off there but not as good as at 1 because he's a gun ball runner moreso than player. but they have burns there atm who's solid defensively and sjeika coming through so at the end of the day something's gotta budge and someone will leave...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
People don't understand how much defence a 6 has to do especially if they get targeted.

You can't hide a players size these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
< 3,284
lol mortimer
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
@ fullback lololololol

Quote:

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

buffed +

Times thanked
< 172
coote is 85kg, he would have no problem there. Burns is an average first grader and offers little in attack. You need more than a defensive 5/8th these days.........that just doesn't cut it in first grade. You need someone that can create and Burns can't create.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,324

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffed View Post

coote is 85kg, he would have no problem there. Burns is an average first grader and offers little in attack. You need more than a defensive 5/8th these days.........that just doesn't cut it in first grade. You need someone that can create and Burns can't create.

Agreed size shouldn't be an issue- Maloney is only 81kg and genrally considered a particularly good defender for a half.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

^mmmm all this talk of meat is getting me excited.

Oli-G +

Registered Abuser

Times thanked
< 142

Quote:

Originally Posted by davecw View Post

No win situation but i think you can't look past Gordon.

Coote has that Daniel Mortimer lack of size going against him and can be brilliant but almost a liability. Some teams carry players like him but i think that your player needs to be able to handle himself in defence more so then attack.

You can be one of the great 5/8's if you are a short arse.

If you happen to be this man anyway...

I wish he was back to stiff arm fancy MVP british imports..

*sigh*
buffed +

Times thanked
< 172
Geoff Toovey was one of the smallest players to ever play the game, but he was also one of the best defenders. It's all about technique, heart and toughness.

Those of you who are older will probably recall michael speechley, 5/8 of cronulla who was about 75kg but had the best tackling technique of any player in the late 80's
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
Most hookers not massive humans but they make 40 tackles a game. Ciriaco Mescia was one of the best tacklers in rugby league and he was 5 foot 8 and 70ish kg.

In Daniel Mortimers case he is a good tackler but his body physically can't handle having 120 kg Dave Taylor's running at him all day. He is a liability and im glad we got him off our books.

Quote:

Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,284
Lol Manly.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,324
Warriors vs Titans @ North Harbour:

Warriors 26 (Hurrell, Brown, Johnson, Fisiahi, Tupou tries, Maloney 3 conv)
Titans 10 (Vickery, Dowling tries, Rankin conv)

Penrith Panthers vs Ipswich Jets

Panthers 18
Jets 18

Quote:

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Last edited by SpaceMonkey: 04-Feb-12 at 06:22pm

Abziie +

Times thanked
< 59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackles View Post

i have plenty of mates who support the tigers and I hope they finish fucking last.

But for good reason, the tigers are scummmm.

(Go the Giants)
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,324

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abziie View Post

But for good reason, the tigers are scummmm.

(Go the Giants)

Gold Coast Giants? They folded years ago pal.

Quote:

Quote:

Bracko +

tOuCh.iT

Times thanked
< 1,941
NRL fael in Adelaide.

it's on at 12:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan View Post

well done sofu, perhaps your most offensive post yet!

SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,324

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bracko View Post

NRL fael in Adelaide.

it's on at 12:30am

Live stream on NRL.com

Quote:

Quote:

budoo +

Times thanked
< 241
Someone needs to smash Waerea-Hargreaves, Simon Dwyer stylee...
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Nothing in either of those incidents. Thaiday instigated the first one (shock horror) & I think they were just looking for a get square as he was in the area after that Merrit tackle
budoo +

Times thanked
< 241
LOL, dude, it's Waerea-Hargreaves, don't be naive.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Mate, the guy is a class A cocksucker, no doubt. But I didn't see him instigate anything in either instance
budoo +

Times thanked
< 241
best comment from Lockyer there; I don't even think he's watching the game.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
farken hell. a couple of months greg reckons.. hope the scans come back with something more positive. fucking cursed

apart from that really enjoyed the game. wasn't a fan of the powerplay and trying to mic all the players up like T20 cricket didn't do it for me

Quote:

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGroovyFcuker View Post

at the end of the day something's gotta budge and someone will leave...

looks like i wasn't far off

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,324

Quote:

farken hell. a couple of months greg reckons.. hope the scans come back with something more positive. fucking cursed

apart from that really enjoyed the game. wasn't a fan of the powerplay and trying to mic all the players up like T20 cricket didn't do it for me

I hear ya, we lost Bull Lilyman for 2 months 10 minutes into our trial match, torn bicep tendon, needs surgery. Luckily we're not exactly short on forwards, should at least mean Steve Rapira and Ukuma Ta'ai get some game time.

Quote:

Quote:

fenisha +

:(

Times thanked
< 109
anyone going to any trials?
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
I allways go to the Penny vs Parra trial but giving it a miss this year , trial form means nothing.

Quote:

_nick_ +

Times thanked
< 184

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenisha View Post

I was going to go the Leichhardt trial against Roosters before they transferred it to Campbo.
Lame decision.
_nick_ +

Times thanked
< 184

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

lol mortimer

lol Mortimer at Fullback
Abziie +

Times thanked
< 59
I'm glad we got Morts of our books. I wish him all the best and hopefully he proves me wrong, but imo his biggest issue is that he is too slow and doesn't have the agility (mentally and physically) that you would expect from someone of his size trying to make it in the NRL.
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
Didn't make it to the NRL because of my mental agility lol.

Quote:

BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225

Quote:

being dragged to the back to belmore match. should be good to scout some fantasy players at the very least...

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
jackles +

alan dale is _the_ man

Times thanked
< 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abziie View Post

I'm glad we got Morts of our books. I wish him all the best and hopefully he proves me wrong, but imo his biggest issue is that he is too slow and doesn't have the agility (mentally and physically) that you would expect from someone of his size trying to make it in the NRL.

lol dont lie, you dont want him to prove you wrong. if he plays well at the chooks you will be burninggg

he wont though, everyone has his number the little show and go fairy
DJ_PK +

Regulator

Times thanked
< 210

Quote:

I'll be at Belmore this Sunday.

Spent a large chunk of my childhood at that ground, watching Baa systematically tear teams to shreds.

Hopefully the weather holds out for us.
_nick_ +

Times thanked
< 184

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_PK View Post

I'll be at Belmore this Sunday.

Spent a large chunk of my childhood at that ground, watching Baa systematically tear teams to shreds.

Hopefully the weather holds out for us.

I read they've already sold over 10,000 tickets to Belmore.

It will be a great atmosphere.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
so the commission goes live today? hope something is done about the refereeing this season

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
_nick_ +

Times thanked
< 184
Great to see the IC finally happen.

Getting what the game desevers in the next TV rights is by far the biggest issue, imo.
The NRL has been screwed over by conflicts of interest for far too long

And in another sign of the impending apocalypse, Rothfield's article today made a fair bit of sense:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226267187845
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
So pumped for the footy season this year , need a excuse to justify having foxtel to lol.

Quote:

SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,324

Quote:

Originally Posted by _nick_ View Post

Great to see the IC finally happen.

Getting what the game desevers in the next TV rights is by far the biggest issue, imo.
The NRL has been screwed over by conflicts of interest for far too long

And in another sign of the impending apocalypse, Rothfield's article today made a fair bit of sense:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226267187845

Yeah good article by Rothfield standards. I get sick of all the whining about the top 8 system though, especially as it always seems to be at the expense of what my team did in the previous finals serious (except the year we got eliminated from 5th in round 1, and nobody complained).

Quote:

Quote:

Lambretta +

Now Aussie....STILL dodgy

Times thanked
< 860
Is it just me or has the build up to the NRL season been decidedly low key this year?

The talk about memberships has gone from the media - there has been precious little promotion on TV - the only promotion I am seeing sports wise is all around GWS and the new AFL channel on Foxtel
Never mind the bollocks
Here's Lambretta
_nick_ +

Times thanked
< 184

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambretta View Post

Is it just me or has the build up to the NRL season been decidedly low key this year?

The talk about memberships has gone from the media - there has been precious little promotion on TV - the only promotion I am seeing sports wise is all around GWS and the new AFL channel on Foxtel

Yes, I've noticed this as well. It's been piss poor considering the season is only a few weeks away.

And there is no advertising at all for NRL on Foxtel any more, it's just all fucking AFL.
Even all the Fox Sports billboards I've seen in Sydney are all for AFL when they used to be League.
What a load of arse.

If Foxtel don't offer NRL near what they paid for AFL ,then I hope the new IC tell them to shove it.

Foxtel's success was built on Rugby League and their subscriptions would collapse without it.
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
< 1,884

Quote:

give it another week, I think it will be slightly bigger.

or we can wait another week or so for the first player to do something stupid and have the spotlight on the game for all the wrong reasons..... Danny Weidler is rubbing his little fgt hands together as we speak... getting ready to rub it in to whoever he can find with their pants down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

Any sex enthusiast should whore it up at least once in their life IMO,
Its the oldest profession in the world.
Are you calling everyone wrong?.

BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
yeah i think the players have kinda shitted on previous year's build ups so maybe a low key approach was a bit 'fingers crossed nothing happens until we start playing games' conservatism on the part of the administration.

then again you have brian smith in a crane on the front page of the tele so not sure league will ever be "low key" in the harbour city...

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
DJ_PK +

Regulator

Times thanked
< 210

Quote:

Nine and Fox are deliberately keeping it low key to try and get a good deal when the TV rights come up.
Lambretta +

Times thanked
< 860

Quote:

then again you have brian smith in a crane on the front page of the tele so not sure league will ever be "low key" in the harbour city...

I dont get the Tele, so I didnt notice

There has been stuff in the Herald, but Nine and Fox have been a ghost town
As said above, probably trying to keep it out of the news to negotiate the lowest deal possible when it comes to TV rights.
Never mind the bollocks
Here's Lambretta
Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Times thanked
< 1,272
Up the Raiders!
Lambretta +

Times thanked
< 860

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dero13 View Post

Up the Raiders!

Coventry City and the Canberra Raiders

and I thought I chose shite football teams
Never mind the bollocks
Here's Lambretta
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,284
He follows the packers, they are hardly shit.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,324

Quote:

Well Russell's a gun, his brother never amounted to much

Quote:

Quote:

Lambretta +

Times thanked
< 860

Quote:

Well everyone is allowed one exception. After all, I support the Roost..........

Oh wait, I win. Hooray.
Never mind the bollocks
Here's Lambretta
Lambretta +

Times thanked
< 860
Richard Hines article in SMH...........................

FOX Sports will launch this week a 24-hour channel devoted exclusively to AFL. Which begs an obvious question: why not a channel for those NRL fans who are so socially inept that they, too, would like to stay home all day watching a single sport? Here is the proposed schedule for NRL 24.

6am: Good Morning Penrith
Wake up in the game's heartland and let Gus Gould and the team put a smile on your face. Wacky weatherman "Brandy" Alexander is on location at picturesque Penrith mall; Royce Simmons has all the latest gossip from Hollywood.

9am: Kerri-Anne's Kennel
Live from Belmore. Music, shopping and fashion advice from Kerri-Anne's new style guru Des Hasler.

11am: Everybody Loves Lockyer
Part 78 of the 367-part Darren Lockyer farewell tribute series. This week: Lockyer brushes his teeth before a match for the final time.

12pm: Midday movie –
Rabbitoh Proof Fence
Drama. A young hooker wants to play for Souths but the cruel discrimination of the salary cap threatens to end his dream. Stars Matthew Johns, Lara Bingle and Russell Crowe as somebody else.

2pm: The Wests Winger
Things become tense when Beau Ryan tells coach Tim Sheens he might not have the numbers to seek another term in office.

3pm: Hungry Beast
This week, our panel of top chefs attempt to satisfy the appetite of Dragons prop Michael Weyman.

4pm: It's A Knockout
(Debut) Eight "commissioners" try to negotiate various obstacles and traps with the ultimate goal of solving the NRL's problems.

4.30pm: Cronulla's Got Talent
Todd Carney impressed the judges with his first audition – but can he make it all the way through to the end of the series?

5.30pm: Antiques Road Show
Willie Mason travels to North Queensland, Manly, Melbourne, Wellington and Mudgee in an attempt to prove he is not too old to get a new contract.

6pm: News, sport and weather
But without the news, weather and any sport except rugby league.

7pm: Top Gear
Jamie Soward road tests a new helmet by beating his head against a locker. Jock strap or free-balling? Paul Gallen gives his verdict. The Queensland Origin team decides which thongs are best for formal occasions.

7.30pm: Two-and-a-half halfbacks
Comedy. Two qualified halfbacks and a rookie vie for the starting spot at the Roosters. Tonight: Brian Smith accidentally leaves his proposed starting line-up for the game against Manly on the whiteboard – with hilarious consequences. The halfbacks are all interested in the same girl – with hilarious consequences.

8pm: The Biggest Loser NRL
After last week's eviction round, only 12,387 contenders remain. Now they must stay sober in a hotel room with a full mini-bar, then make it to the game without being arrested.

8.30pm: Souths Park
Animated comedy. Cartman wants the Souths captaincy, but it has already been promised to Mr Hat. Timmy proves a surprising solution to the club's halfback problems.

9.30pm: Foreign Correspondent
A special investigation into the Hull Kingston Rovers' forwards crisis. Will the ripple effect reach our shores?

10pm: The Kicker of Dibley
The Conversion. The Kicker's faith is challenged when Hazem El Masri tempts him to try the Muslim way of adding the extra points.

10.30pm: Media Watch
All the drama from the press box as the media settle in to watch the big game. This week: there's trouble at half-time when it emerges that the party pies in the ANZ Stadium box are leftovers from a Swans game. And has someone stolen Brad Walter's pen?

11pm: CSI Brookvale
There has been a massacre at Manly. The team have only the bloodied remains of the coaching staff to work out who was responsible.

12am: Tonight with Wayne Bennett
Laughs, interviews and the occasional song from the game's liveliest entertainer. With regulars Darius Boyd and the Nathan Tinkler Orchestra.

1.30am: Late movie – The Perfect Storm (R)
A club's owners attempt to pin their entire salary cap debacle on one man so they can prove they are the perfect Storm.

3.30am: Home shoplifting
The best five-fingered discounts from league merchandise shops. Tonight: the best orifice in which to conceal an Eels cap.

5am: Talkin' 'Bout My Generation
Tommy Raudonikis talks about landing one on Artie Beetson's chin, and why the game was better in his day. Repeat.

rhinds@smh.com.au
Twitter@rdhinds

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/its-leag...#ixzz1m17NUfL5

do you have any proposed shows ?
Never mind the bollocks
Here's Lambretta
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »