Sport and Fitness

NFL 2012: Brady could do with Manning up a bit.

Closed thread
  Tools
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Brandon Lloyd is better suited as a number 2 receiver but the Pats seem to have a knack for getting the best out of veterans. I think Ocho will step it up big time next season if NE hang onto him.

Randy Moss is officially out of retirement, but I don't really know if any teams would be interested.

Washington might make a strong play for RG3, so I think if that happens the Browns will make a smart move and get McCoy proper weapons. If the the Redskins trade with St Louis then Cleveland would be wise to pick up either Blackmon or Richardson and address the other position with their Atlanta pick. Something tells me the Browns are interested in RG3, and while you can't blame them, I think McCoy can be a starter in this league. He just has nothing around him.

I think there's a good chance that Manning plays for Tennessee next season.

I'll also be surprised if Hillis ever has another 1000 yard season.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Creme View Post

Brandon Lloyd is better suited as a number 2 receiver but the Pats seem to have a knack for getting the best out of veterans. I think Ocho will step it up big time next season if NE hang onto him.

Randy Moss is officially out of retirement, but I don't really know if any
teams would be interested.

Washington might make a strong play for RG3, so I think if that happens the Browns will make a smart move and get McCoy proper weapons. If the the Redskins trade with St Louis then Cleveland would be wise to pick up
either Blackmon or Richardson and address the other position with their Atlanta pick. Something tells me the Browns are interested in RG3, and while you can't blame them, I think McCoy can be a starter in this league. He just has nothing around him.

I think there's a good chance that Manning plays for Tennessee next season.

I'll also be surprised if Hillis ever has another 1000 yard season.

The Pats with Lloyd next year would be
in a crazy good position with the best recieving core in the NFL & being able to use the draft to focus on their defensive liabilities. I only hope Brady goes down with a torn achilles in pre season.

The Browns are in a good position in this draft to nab either the best QB (behind Luck), receiver or RB in the draft so
really can't miss & having that second 1st round pick ensures they can get someone to block for whoever they choose. The Falcons really did give up
alot for Jones but in saying that the Falcons don't need too much in order to compete each year & aren't far off NFC championship games.

Still not sure where I see Manning ending up. You would assume with only a few years left he would want to go to a championship ready team to try to get
that 2nd ring. Washington is a long shot to me as they have no weapons & i can't see Manning wanting to go there (unless they sign him in FA & trade up for
Blackmon but that is a massive if). Tennessee makes sense as he played college ball there & the Titans have plenty of cap space but they just signed Hasselbeck to a 20 mil contract not long
ago & used their first round pick last year on Jake Locker who played well off the bench this year. If they re-sign Cortland Finnegan & sure up their D-line i think they will be fine.

There has been talk of the Cardinals as Mannings former QB coach is now there but they signed Kolb to that massive deal & don't have the cap room from what i understand. NY Jets is crazy talk & just New Yorkers frustrated with Sanchez.The Seahawks have room in their cap, a decent D & Marshawn Lynch in Beast Mode plus Jackson is far from a franchise QB & isnt signed to a big long term deal. He could definately fit there with maybe 1 more decent receiver. As for the Dolphins, they have the room in their cap & a decent receiving core but their offensive line sucked last year & Manning is already fragile. Plus they have a rookie head coach.

Last edited by moskate: 14-Feb-12 at 12:07pm

zealbee +

Times thanked
< 121
Eagles are going to place the franchise tag on Desean Jackson per ESPN.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carte Blanche

Hardstyle isn't music. It's not anything, except perhaps complete garbage. It should really be discussed in the lifestyle forum, as in "I'm leading a lifestyle devoid of taste" or perhaps the food forum "I consume far too many drugs for my own good".

moskate +

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Originally Posted by zealbee View Post

Eagles are going to place the franchise tag on Desean Jackson per ESPN.

Interesting. Roughly $10mil is a significant upgrade over his previous base salary so he can no longer whinge about not being paid what he is worth. And if it doesn't work out, there is no long term commitment involved. I really hope he returns to his best as he is far & away 1 of, if not my favourite player to watch
Rocca +

Query: Do you feel lucky, meatbag?

Times thanked
< 133

OH MMM TRANCE?

https://soundcloud.com/philby/phillip-bourne-july-2012

Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307

Quote:

Originally Posted by moskate View Post

The Pats with Lloyd next year would be
in a crazy good position with the best recieving core in the NFL & being able to use the draft to focus on their defensive liabilities. I only hope Brady goes down with a torn achilles in pre season.

There has been talk of the Cardinals as Mannings former QB coach is now there but they signed Kolb to that massive deal & don't have the cap room from what i understand. NY Jets is crazy talk & just New Yorkers frustrated with Sanchez.The Seahawks have room in their cap, a decent D & Marshawn Lynch in Beast Mode plus Jackson is far from a franchise QB & isnt signed to a big long term deal. He could definately fit there with maybe 1 more decent receiver. As for the Dolphins, they have the room in their cap & a decent receiving core but their offensive line sucked last year & Manning is already fragile. Plus they have a rookie head coach.

The best receiving core?? That might be pushing it a bit. But Lloyd would be a good addition.

Also, I can't see Manning in Seattle. The playbook Carroll runs is not suited to his style of play at all.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Also

Jim Irsay to John Clayton: "We want him back. We can work out the contract if he wants to work it out. It's going to be Peyton's call.''
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
< 3,313
I want the off season to be over now plz. Need more NFL.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,313
They are now making him out to be the bad guy if he leaves by making it "his call". He should tell them to stick it and cash in for a couple seasons at another franchise or just plain old retire as he's said hes always wanted to be a one team guy.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,313
It's still 72 days till the draft
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

They are now making him out to be the bad guy if he leaves by making it "his call". He should tell them to stick it and cash in for a couple seasons at another franchise or just plain old retire as he's said hes always wanted to be a one team guy.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. It's not exactly being democratic when everyone knows they have an NFL ready QB on the bench.

The only teams I can see him going for are Tennessee, Cleveland or Miami. Miami is definitely more stable and complete and it means he gets to play Brady twice a season.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
More news has come out about Manning having 4 surgery's & bone spurs etc but I'm sick of talking about him.

Mario Williams. Is he leaving the Texans? Will he take a pay cut to stay with a team that are going places. Will Arian Foster be let go to accomodate him. Tthe Texans could keep him by franchising him but that would take up $22m of cap money & would leave them dick all to sign other players to longer deals, including Foster (who is a restricted free agent). If they franchise Foster, Williams is gone unless he takes a significant paycut which is unlikely considering if he enters the open market he will likely be the highest paid defensive player in the league.

With Ben Tate as backup, letting Foster go isn't entirely out of the question. But Williams was injured for 3/4 of last season & the Texans were fine without him.
You heard it here first - Luck & RG3 are going to be duds.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307

Quote:

More news has come out about Manning having 4 surgery's & bone spurs etc but I'm sick of talking about him.

Mario Williams. Is he leaving the Texans? Will he take a pay cut to stay with a team that are going places. Will Arian Foster be let go to accomodate him. Tthe Texans could keep him by franchising him but that would take up $22m of cap money & would leave them dick all to sign other players to longer deals, including Foster (who is a restricted free agent). If they franchise Foster, Williams is gone unless he takes a significant paycut which is unlikely considering if he enters the open market he will likely be the highest paid defensive player in the league.

With Ben Tate as backup, letting Foster go isn't entirely out of the question. But Williams was injured for 3/4 of last season & the Texans were fine without him.

I'd usually say ditch the RB but in Foster's case he is a large part of the Texans offense because he's a good receiving option. The Texans already have a stout D with lots of young talent.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

I'd usually say ditch the RB but in Foster's case he is a large part of the Texans offense because he's a good receiving option. The Texans already have a stout D with lots of young talent.

Yeah i agree. Foster is an integral part fo that offense whether catching it in the backfield or running it up the middle & with Andre Johnson being injured for the best part of 2 seasons, he has gained even more importance. Franchise Foster then negotiate a bigger deal next year & let Williams test his worth on the open market. If he really wants to stay a Texan as he has indicated, he will take a paycut & not cripple the teams finances. The Texans could attempt to pick up someone like Courtney Upshaw (not likely) or Zach Brown in free agency as a replacement at OLB or someone like Robert Mathis if Indy are stupid enough to let him go in FA at DE

Last edited by moskate: 17-Feb-12 at 08:24am

Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Hahaha the Bengals hired Hue Jackson as assistant coach. I wonder why they'd hire someone who was responsible for the most retarded trade with them in history.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
regarding Jackson. Special teams & defensive backs coach or something from what i was reading.

Was reading that NFL.com will have a live stream of some of the Combine next week. Has anyone tried watching this or is it likely only going to be viable to US residents.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307

Quote:

regarding Jackson. Special teams & defensive backs coach or something from what i was reading.

Was reading that NFL.com will have a live stream of some of the Combine next week. Has anyone tried watching this or is it likely only going to be viable to US residents.

I watched the draft on NFL.com last year and it was great. If they're at all similar then it should be some quality viewing!
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,313
I'm still having nightmares over the way I was man fucked by that bleeding penis Alex. Fml.
airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

Times thanked
< 12,246

Quote:

Hahaha the Bengals hired Hue Jackson as assistant coach. I wonder why they'd hire someone who was responsible for the most retarded trade with them in history.

Maybe they had a deal before the trade
Unspoilt by Progress
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Hurry up free agency period. There is so much speculation already, can't wait for it to begin.

Also, if anyone is interested, through a ordering fuck up, I've ended up with 2 copies each of these two books.

Committed. Confessions of a Fantasy Football Junkie. http://www.amazon.com/Committed-Conf...9771391&sr=1-6

Basically written by a bloke that quits his job in an attempt to win his league for the first time & understand why fantasy football is so popular around the nation. Pretty funny & accurate read.

Why Fantasy Football Matters & our Lives Do Not http://www.amazon.com/Why-Fantasy-Fo...9771552&sr=1-1

Similar style book, looking at why fantasy football is so much fun.

If you want them, just PM me you're address & they are yours
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,313
Alex will snap them up, he pretty much has to read anything related to football or else he dies a very slow and painful death, kinda like aids.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307

Quote:

Originally Posted by airconteka View Post

Maybe they had a deal before the trade

It would be about the only way to explain why the Bengals would want to hire someone who made such a boneheaded trade.

Quote:

Hurry up free agency period. There is so much speculation already, can't wait for it to begin.

Also, if anyone is interested, through a ordering fuck up, I've ended up with 2 copies each of these two books.

Committed. Confessions of a Fantasy Football Junkie. http://www.amazon.com/Committed-Conf...9771391&sr=1-6

Basically written by a bloke that quits his job in an attempt to win his league for the first time & understand why fantasy football is so popular around the nation. Pretty funny & accurate read.

Why Fantasy Football Matters & our Lives Do Not http://www.amazon.com/Why-Fantasy-Fo...9771552&sr=1-1

Similar style book, looking at why fantasy football is so much fun.

If you want them, just PM me you're address & they are yours

PM'ddddddddddddddddd.

Also, RG3 is a such a pimp. He moved his workout day a day forward so it's not at the same time as Andrew Luck's. Good call.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Let's get some free agency discussion going in here, starting with QBs

Kyle Orton, Matt Flynn, Jason Campbell, David Garrard.

I've deliberately skipped Brees & Smith as realistically they aren't going anywhere & Manning is largely dependent on Irsay & whether he can even compete again at this stage.

Flynn is a fairly safe bet to go to Miami given Philbin is there , they have the cap room & the Dolphins don't appear sold on Matt Moore. I personally think Moore deserves another year but the Dolphins aren't likely to sit around hoping that he develops into a franchise QB & Moore makes a more than adequate backup for Flynn. Chad Henne is the forgotten man in all this & will likely end up as back up somewhere like Denver.

Kyle Orton is going to stay with the Chiefs, as they have expressed a desire to keep him to challenge Cassel for the starting job & i can't imagine too many other teams willing to put up much of a fight & try to grab him.

Jason Campbell is quite unlucky in that he got injured with the Raiders 4-2 then they traded draft picks, quite abit of money & eventually a coach to get Carson Palmer, showing absolutely no faith in their starting QB. And they go 4-6 for the rest of the season. Campbell did well on a team with no real throwing targets (Heyward Bey has potential) but with a very solid running game & therefore he would be a decent fit at a team like the Seahawks who are in a similar situation (albeit with some better targets) but they have a tonne of money to buy weapons to surround him with. And Jackson isn't a franchise QB.

Finally Garrard is an interesting one as he was a Pro Bowler in 2010, signed to a massive contract only a few years earlier then the Jags use a 1st round pick on a QB & let Garrard go when he gets injured. It's safe to say then the Jags aren't on his xmas card list. Alot will depend on whether he wants to go to a team as a starter, in which case the Redskins should have a look, or if he is happy to just be back in the NFL as a back up until he is fully fit again. If thats the case, then the Bears would could do worse as Caleb Hanie is off contract & struggled when Cutler was injured last year. The Cowboys showed interest in him last year also before he declared himself unavailable in order to have surgery.

Thoughts????
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
I think i'm the only person on Earth who feels sorry for Kyle Orton. Yeah, he's not an amazing QB, but my god he gets passed around more than Zodiac at a Patriots team party. Too many teams in strife pick him up as their starter and act shocked when he doesn't start giving them wins. He's a good back-up QB who could definitely challenge/push Cassel in KC, so I hope he stays there.

Matt Flynn is this years Kolb to me. But, at the end of the day, some team is going to shell out the big bucks for him. Miami does seem like the most logical location, given Philbin. But as you said Moskate, I think Moore deserves another shot. I really liked what I saw from him but he would still need some genuine talent to challenge him for the position. I see Moore and Cassel as about the same talent range, yet you don't hear of the Chiefs being considered as contenders to snare a new QB.

I feel really sorry for Jason Campbell. He did have a good start to the season but I think we've seen the end of him. I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see him regathering the momentum he'd started to pick up in Oakland. I had the opportunity to see him play live in the 2010 season and he made some real bone-headed plays. I think Moskate makes a valid point with the Seahawks being the most logical place, but I'd also be happy to see him have a go in Cleveland, New York (Jets), Minnesota or even in Philly (though I doubt they have the cap space).

Garrard is probably going to be lobbing passes to T.O in the IFL if he wants to be a starter again. He's just one of those QB's who's too up and down to ever be guaranteed a starting job. I think the Dolphins would be absolutely lethal if they could land Moore, Flynn and Garrard as their 3 QB's.

In order of cap space Matt Flynn will be the most expensive. Orton, Campbell and Garrard will all be in a similar pool though. One because of his average experience, and the other two coming off of injuries.

I'd like to see one of the latter two get a shot in Dallas as well. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. Good stats or not, Tony Romo is never going to win you a Super Bowl. He has to be the most overrated QB in the league.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Philadelphia and Trent Edwards agree to one year deal.
fat joe +

MWSE 09

Times thanked
< 22
I suppose the elephant in the room with regard to free agent QBs is what happens with Peyton...seems to me that Jim Irsay's recent comments about him staying a Colt if he takes a pay cut are basically posturing to avoid being painted as the guy who chased Manning out of Indy. Realistically, it doesn't make sense for them to shell out for Peyton with his questionable future when they have the choice of Luck or RGIII. Manning could quite easily end up in South Beach I would imagine, and it would be interesting to see where Flynn goes if that happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffed

any chick that wears supre is like wearing a sign that says 'i'm a minger and i take it it the stinkhole'. stereotyping at it's most useful

Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Although Seattle are saying they don't want a QB this year, I guess it's not out of the question that they take Flynn.

The NFC West is going to be one of the more dominant divisions in a few years and no team will want to be left behind.

I wouldn't rule the Jets out of the Manning picture. Only because Ryan loves Peyton more than feet.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,313
If Luck isn't going to throw he may as well not bother tuning up.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Don't think RG3's throwing either. There's no point in either really throwing anyway.

Luck will only hurt his stock and RG3 knows there are enough interested teams to fight for him as the 2nd QB off the board.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Just bought tix to LSU v Florida in October. Pretty fucking pumped for that though the old bank account didn't like it so much
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Reading Why Fantasy Football Matters (And Our Lives Do Not) and all I want to do now is watch the League and get stuck into another season of FF.

I vote that the draft order for our upcoming season be based on how the real thing works. Last goes first etc.

I also think we should play for money. Say we all went in $50 and the winnings all go to the winner. Nice little pot there.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,313
Also next year my league will be a keeper league
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Which one was yours? The good one that was offense only or the retarded one that had about 50 linebackers as well.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Also, RG3 would be a perfect fit for Seattle. His character would suit Pete Carroll to a tee.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Watching some combine coverage now on NFL.com for those that are interested, all OL though today.

Definately vote for a keeper league this year. We need to decide if you can trade for future draft picks etc or keep it fairy simple. Also vote for a money standard scoring league. IDP leagues are fun aswell though, adds another dimension. I think we will have people on the forum that are keen to play fantasy football but not not for cash just yet & so giving them this option makes sense
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,313

Quote:

Which one was yours? The good one that was offense only or the retarded one that had about 50 linebackers as well.

The good one. i didn't mind Lambs IDP but i prefer standard leagues more.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Reports that DeSean Jackson is goin to be traded by Philly. Another big play receiver likely off to another team
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Here's my personal preference for Fantasy if anyone else is keen. Keeper League with $50 entry, last place drafts first and picks can be traded. I can't focus on more than one League otherwise I just lose interest.

I wonder where Jackson would go. He will definitely attract quite a few teams. I think the 9ers are going to target a WR through the draft though. Sanu is looking good but more of a possession player. I'd like Jackson because he is an absolute speed machine. 4.35 on the 40 at the Combine.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,313

Quote:

Here's my personal preference for Fantasy if anyone else is keen. Keeper League with $50 entry, last place drafts first and picks can be traded. I can't focus on more than one League otherwise I just lose interest.

Live draft but draft order is selected randomly by ESPN in the first year. Standard scoring as per ESPN. No limit on amount of players from one position on your team. 10 team League.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307

Quote:

Live draft but draft order is selected randomly by ESPN in the first year. Standard scoring as per ESPN. No limit on amount of players from one position on your team. 10 team League.

This.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Also, 9ers Franchise Tag Dashon Goldson. Excellent move. He played lights out this season but I want to see another year of it before we offer him a long/big contract.

I'm pretty sure we'll give Carlos Rogers a pretty lucrative 3 year deal.

Cardinals looking to Franchise Tag Calais Campbell.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Agree with this mostly but maybe need to limit the RBs to 6 or something
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,313
There's no need. It also helps to encourage trading. If somebody wants to load up on RBs early and forget to grab any decent WRs or a stud QB then so be it. I dont recommend it though. Try a few mock drafts next year if you havent done so before to get a feel for it. Very rarely does anything too weird happen, its just too risky.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Plus if someone makes a dickhead move (read: me) then everyone else can just laugh at them (please don't laugh at me ).
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Winners & losers from the Combine.

Robert Griffin will now be second off the board without a doubt, even without throwing in Indy. Its just a matter of which team is going to trade their pick & for how much. There is already rumours of the Skins giving up 3 early picks this year & a first rounder next year to get him. Can you say wholly Julio Jones, Batman.

Matt Kalil is a stud. Watched him run his 40 yard dash & he doesn't look like a 300 pound guy. This bloke is going to help Ponder out immensely if the Vikes draft him as expected.

Dontari Poe - 346 pounds & ran a sub 5 second 40 yard dash. Amazingly quick for such a big guy

Alshon Jeffrey has heaps of pressure on him now at his pro day after choosing not to run.

Malcolm Floyd is an absolute beast & whilst admittedly I havn't seen much footage of Justin Blackmon, Floyd is the first receiver I'd be taking

Vontaze Buttlick is a douchebag & is a real chance of falling to either the Giants or Ravens at the end of the first round.

Just quickly, I don't understand all the hype around the combine (yes i see the irony of this statement considering what i've just posted about) when 1. most of the top prospects don't compete in all the drills (luck not throwing as he would be unfamiliar with the recievers) 2. they then have pro days later on which to me seem infinately more important.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
RG3 is so pimp. He is going to blitz through every single interview like a king.

Kalil is a beast. Vikes need to sign that mu'fucka to a 7 year contract.

Also, Malcolm Floyd is awesome but trust me you want Blackmon first.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Dammit. Eagles Franchise Jackson.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
I'm pretty pumped on this Russell Wilson kid. He has everything going for him except for the fact that he measures up at 5'11. I think a team in need of a third string QB who's willing to take a chance late in the draft has the potential to hit gold. His height is pretty much the only thing going against him. Very smart, athletic, and can make the throws.

Media Player
Ultimate Russell Wilson Wisconsin Highlights - 2011 Season - YouTube
zealbee +

Times thanked
< 121
Luke Kuechly was the standout at the combine I think. People were knocking him for his lack of speed and athleticism but he ran a 4.5 40 and had a great vertical leap. Just hope he is around when the Eaglers pick at 15. Also LOL at all the idiots on Eagles message boards and sites saying draft Buffict instead of him, ran a 5.09 40 and has character issues to boot. Would be surprised if he goes in the first round at all now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carte Blanche

Hardstyle isn't music. It's not anything, except perhaps complete garbage. It should really be discussed in the lifestyle forum, as in "I'm leading a lifestyle devoid of taste" or perhaps the food forum "I consume far too many drugs for my own good".

Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307

Quote:

Originally Posted by zealbee View Post

Luke Kuechly was the standout at the combine I think. People were knocking him for his lack of speed and athleticism but he ran a 4.5 40 and had a great vertical leap. Just hope he is around when the Eaglers pick at 15. Also LOL at all the idiots on Eagles message boards and sites saying draft Buffict instead of him, ran a 5.09 40 and has character issues to boot. Would be surprised if he goes in the first round at all now.

Nah way RG3 was the standout for sure. St Louis must be loving how much value he's added to their draft position.

Cleveland have the easy trade by giving up their two first rounders but I reckon Washington might make a serious push (unless they're stupid enough to reach for another QB).

Kuechly is a beast though. The Eagles will be very well off if they get him.
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »