Sport and Fitness

NFL 2012: Brady could do with Manning up a bit.

Closed thread
  Tools
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Thinking Ingram to the Chargers has prolly been the best steal thus far, followed by Cox to the Eagles

Pats trade up. Didn't know they knew how to do that
TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

Times thanked
< 5,886
aj jenkins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
< 3,291
What the fuck? We trade up twice and end up with Hightower. Nice.
zealbee +

Times thanked
< 120
LOL Niners, what a reach. Nearly as bad as Seattle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carte Blanche

Hardstyle isn't music. It's not anything, except perhaps complete garbage. It should really be discussed in the lifestyle forum, as in "I'm leading a lifestyle devoid of taste" or perhaps the food forum "I consume far too many drugs for my own good".

Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291
Seriously, we smashed that first round. I'm extremely happy over here right now.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Yeah Pats did well yet again. Seems to be the way with them on draft day. Personally I'd of preferred the Giants took Fleener or possibly Upshaw but RB was a need
airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

Times thanked
< 11,920
Well that was like half a wank
Unspoilt by Progress
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Ppl said we reached for Aldon Smith last year. In Harbaugh we trust!

I don't think Seattle picked a bad player at all, but they probably should have tried to trade back 10 or so spots and get some more value out of it. The dude looks like a situational player who'll pretty much come in as a pass rusher. He actually reminds me of Aldon Smith quite a bit.

Plus Seattle got Russell Wilson, the 3rd best QB in the draft imo. Absolutely love that kid and I can see why Pete Carroll would too (don't know if it was this thread or the last but I posted some video of him and fapped on a fair bit).

Carolina getting Kuechly was a great decision. Talk about taking the best player available. They need a guaranteed winner and they have one.

The Bengals absolutely tore this draft a new arsehole. Absolutely solid picking all over the place.

Luck has also been given quite a few weapons in this draft (Fleener is going to be of huge benefit).

Ah what the hell i'll write about this later. So much to discuss! An absolute belter of a draft!
airconteka +

Times thanked
< 11,920
My highlight

Son: Yes!! We got Casey Hayward!!!!
Me: Who's that?
Son: I dunno
Unspoilt by Progress
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Bengals also in the process of signing Burfict. Great acquisition for an undrafted player.

Wonder who will go after Kellen Moore.
TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

Times thanked
< 5,886
this may be the best thing on the internet

the 2012 draft in gifs

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=52641
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc
zealbee +

Times thanked
< 120

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Creme View Post

Bengals also in the process of signing Burfict. Great acquisition for an undrafted player.

Wonder who will go after Kellen Moore.

Debatable. Kid has a fuckload of issues and is so badly out of shape it's not funny.

Quote:

Hardstyle isn't music. It's not anything, except perhaps complete garbage. It should really be discussed in the lifestyle forum, as in "I'm leading a lifestyle devoid of taste" or perhaps the food forum "I consume far too many drugs for my own good".

Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307

Quote:

Originally Posted by zealbee View Post

Debatable. Kid has a fuckload of issues and is so badly out of shape it's not funny.

Of course it is. But the point is that they're getting someone who was originally considered a potential first round prospect for peanuts without giving up any draft picks.

Pats probably have the steal of the draft with Alfonzo Dennard in the 7th.

Detroit are very lucky to be getting Kellen Moore undrafted as well.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZA View Post

this may be the best thing on the internet

the 2012 draft in gifs

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=52641

Amazing.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307

Quote:

I don't think Seattle picked a bad player at all, but they probably should have tried to trade back 10 or so spots and get some more value out of it. The dude looks like a situational player who'll pretty much come in as a pass rusher. He actually reminds me of Aldon Smith quite a bit.

Turns out they made the right choice as the Jets said they were planning on taking him with the next pick!
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291
So my nike jersey arrived the other day. These things are boss.
zealbee +

Times thanked
< 120

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

So my nike jersey arrived the other day. These things are boss.

Worth getting? I stupidly paid no attention to the fact they were about to change suppliers and bought 3 Reebok Eagles jerseys last year.

Quote:

moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Shady gets a new deal for the Eagles. Decent numbers for him & should help one of Rice & Forte get a deal done.

The first fantasy mock draft for the upcoming season is up on ESPN http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/fo...2k12mockdraft1

Maybe have a seperate fantasy thread this year if there is enough interest???

Also has anyone seen the ESPN 30 for 30 doco on Marcus Dupree. Damn he could run.
You heard it here first - Luck & RG3 are going to be duds.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291
Nicks breaks his foot, out for 12 weeks.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Nicks breaks his foot, out for 12 weeks.

Was only a metatarsal so not terrible & he could recover earlier but this seriously sucks as the Giants receiving core is depleted even more so without him. Good news for rueben randall as he will get alot of first team reps now but if nicks is out of shape for the beginning of the season, Eli will likely struggle & return to his intercept prone self
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
So the Dolphins will be on Hard Knocks this year after half the NFL turned down an invitation.
zealbee +

Times thanked
< 120
I'm just glad someone signed up to do it, one of the best shows on TV imo.

Quote:

moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Yeah it's awesome, a really interesting look at how organizations run their team. I'm not overly excited to watch the fins personally but the 3 way QB battle will be kinda fun I guess
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Slow off season now solved by signing up to NFL Network online. $5 a month for 24/7 football programing.

Will certainly suffice till the proper game pass & pre season starts.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291
7 days till the lingerie league hits Stdney, fuck yeah.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Tonight in Brissy. Not going
airconteka +

Times thanked
< 11,920

Quote:

Was that a typo or are you planning on getting a STD?
Unspoilt by Progress
ozcar +

content

Times thanked
< 10

For any Melbourne fans of American Football, GVTV Gridiron Victoria Television debuts on Channel 31 next Monday night at 6:30pm.

Will also post it online. Should be a bit of fun showcasing local amateur gridiron.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
I'm going to take a punt here and say Ocho to the Raiders.
ozcar +

content

Times thanked
< 10
In case anyone wants to check out TV coverage of local American Football

www.gridironvictoria.com.au/GVTV/
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

I'm going to take a punt here and say Ocho to the Raiders.

Can't beleive the Dolphins didn't take him. Must be waiting for T.O

Edit. Spoke too soon. It appears the Dolphins have looked at their roster & realised beggars can't be choosers. 1 year deal inked apparently
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291
So I was bored at lunch and just created a 10 team fantasy keeper league on ESPN. It's a bit early I know but whatevs. Ideally I want to keep it to 10 teams who really want to do it and who are committed to playing in the league for at least the next three seasons which I know some of you are. If you have mates etc who might want to play in the league then by all means they are welcome, I'll even expand the league to 12 teams or more if we get a good bunch of dudes together.

Draft will most likely be the Saturday/Sunday night around 8.30pm but most likely Sunday so we can all be available for it but fuck its ages away so we can work that shit out closer to the date.

I guess I'm just putting some feelers out to see who's keen to play a keeper league and who isn't. If you want in PM me your name and email and I'll send you the invite. I'll also start a fantasy specific thread sometime in August I guess.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307

Quote:

So I was bored at lunch and just created a 10 team fantasy keeper league on ESPN. It's a bit early I know but whatevs. Ideally I want to keep it to 10 teams who really want to do it and who are committed to playing in the league for at least the next three seasons which I know some of you are. If you have mates etc who might want to play in the league then by all means they are welcome, I'll even expand the league to 12 teams or more if we get a good bunch of dudes together.

Draft will most likely be the Saturday/Sunday night around 8.30pm but most likely Sunday so we can all be available for it but fuck its ages away so we can work that shit out closer to the date.

I guess I'm just putting some feelers out to see who's keen to play a keeper league and who isn't. If you want in PM me your name and email and I'll send you the invite. I'll also start a fantasy specific thread sometime in August I guess.

I'm still undecided on playing Keeper and Unlimited Positions.

I'm definitely up for a long-term league (even with an entry fee) but I think it's worth noting that if we have 10 people who are very serious about it then the draft will be one of the most fun parts anyway (which means it'd be better to start afresh every season). Plus, having a set amount for each position means that people are actually required to think about who they're drafting instead of just picking every elite name that comes their way and trying to trade half of them in Week 1.

That's my 2 cents.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307

Quote:

Originally Posted by moskate View Post

Can't beleive the Dolphins didn't take him. Must be waiting for T.O

Edit. Spoke too soon. It appears the Dolphins have looked at their roster & realised beggars can't be choosers. 1 year deal inked apparently

Haha good call!

I reckon he'll be far more effective at Miami than he was in New England. 1000+ season for sure, providing he plays all 16 games.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

As ive already been doing mock drafts for a week now, I'm definately in for a keeper. PM sent
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291
RB's & WR's capped at 8.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
In and ready to rock
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

RB's & WR's capped at 8.

This is good. No chance anyone is going to have 8 RB's from the get go but gives you a chance to trade & stockpile if injuries hit during the season. I wholeheartedly endorse the Sunday night over the Saturday night draft as I will be in BFI on Sept 1st with zero chance of completing a draft
Rocca +

Query: Do you feel lucky, meatbag?

Times thanked
< 121
i thought this was pretty well done hehehe

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...To-Know-parody
OH MMM TRANCE?

https://soundcloud.com/philby/phillip-bourne-july-2012

Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Times thanked
< 1,284
how long til kick off?
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291
Too long

September 5th (USA) is the season kick off.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Ive already requested opening game off at work. Fuck you Romo, I hope you throw 4 interceptions

Last edited by moskate: 16-Jun-12 at 11:30am

ozcar +

content

Times thanked
< 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by moskate View Post

Fuck you Romo, I hope you throw 4 interceptions

Probably will.
jaebles +

makin' a pizzzzaaaa

Times thanked
< 150
Anyone else been tracking the NFL.com top 100 players of 2012 countdown? I'm sure this is stuff you guys already know but this is an awesome way to learn all the top players from teams that I have NFI about last year.

I'd love to have this sort of footage and coverage for the NHL or EPL to be honest. Super well produced.
For all your umbrella needs!
zealbee +

Times thanked
< 120

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaebles View Post

Anyone else been tracking the NFL.com top 100 players of 2012 countdown? I'm sure this is stuff you guys already know but this is an awesome way to learn all the top players from teams that I have NFI about last year.

I'd love to have this sort of footage and coverage for the NHL or EPL to be honest. Super well produced.

Yeah been paying some attention to it. Only thing I don't like is the list itself, some ridiculous rankings because the players got to vote themselves.

Quote:

Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
http://nfldownunder.com/aussies-in-t...jesse-williams

This is so badass. A lot can change in a year but I would be stoked to see an Aussie go high in next years draft.

Also FUCK YEAH I CAN SMELL THE FOOTBALL SEASON APPROACHING!

Loving the fact that I don't start uni until 1:30 on Mondays now which means plennnnnnnnnnnnnty of football
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291
get a job you bum
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Nah. Pretty sure I'll watch football and get your money from Centrelink hey.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Bit over a month till training camps then pre season begins & it's on.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Aldon Smith stabbed at a party. Not serious but shit
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »