Page 1 of 41
  Tools
psyv +

unexploring or shall we say re-exploring

Times thanked
< 132
Rainbow Serpent 2013
ibq!

The old thread is almost off the front page which means... time for the new one!

Let the countdown begin!

How long until Rainbow Serpent 2013?

353 days
8479 hours
508750 minutes
30525050 seconds

Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816
*starts building a time machine*

Actually... Nobody has a DeLorean kickin around do they?
psyv +

Times thanked
< 132
I have just been informed that an owner of a DeLorean has a mutual friend with me... Same one they used in that Chaser skit with John Howard lol
ratticus +

facebook.com/thepublicworksdepartment

Times thanked
< 1,471
Needs more techno.
Bergs +

Ya mum

Times thanked
< 1,439
Set times?
Miza101 +

Times thanked
< 131
lol, was waiting for this, If anyone happens to find that DeLorean, can they make sure Solee, Mark Henning, Maetrik and all other forms of techno goodness be on the lineup?
[REWORK]
http://soundcloud.com/miza-3
Incoming:
Burning Man @ Digital Apex Stage
Strawberry Fields
Adzy_86 +

mad.

Times thanked
< 152
god damn, another year of waiting...
http://www.last.fm/user/Adzy_86

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raja Ram

Love is the key philosophy. The love of great red wine from Bordeaux or Burgundy. The love of weird and wonderful sounds – high weirdness, weird highness, the cave man to the rave man, eternal celestial musicians hanging around whistling an old tune.

Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816
Solee and the whole Parquet label would be good additions.

Also... Microtrauma.
MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 432
Needs more psy and trance. Techno after lunch, psy/trance/prog through the morning
Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816
Perfect example of that was Merkaba on Saturday morning. Absolutely perfect.
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,052

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratticus View Post

Needs more techno.

This x10. It's the one area I think Rainbow lacks a bit music wise. Even though I won't be there next year would love to see the following....

- Donato Dozzy. The man deserves a proper extended set in a bush doof environment that was cut criminally short at Strawberry. This guy closing Market on Monday would be fucking immense.

- Dub Techno. Surely there is room for this. I could totally see someone like Sven Weisemann, Deadbeat, Deepchord et al playing some lush dub in the morning/afternoon at Rainbow.

Oni Ayhun, Kangding Ray, Morphosis, Martyn, Santiago Salazar, Pfirter and Delta Funktionen would all be great fits as well.

Another point, it would be nice to see a bit more balltearing techno well into the night. Andrew Till at 4am was a good start, how about spreading it out a bit more over the weekend rather than always having banging psy?
MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 432
Not enough banging psy. Not even close. Very little for the most part (exaccerbated by the Friday night issues). Techno and tech-house everywhere this year.
scoobersteve +

RAINBOW SERPENT 2012. DOOFIN' IT UP!

Times thanked
< 25
HURRY UP RSF2013! (If the world still exists)
slattikarma +

Times thanked
< 147

Quote:

Originally Posted by primalstatik View Post

- Dub Techno. Surely there is room for this. I could totally see someone like Sven Weisemann, Deadbeat, Deepchord et al playing some lush dub in the morning/afternoon at Rainbow.

Definitely room for this, given that Deadbeat played a few years back.....

NEEDS MORE Mongolian clog dancing music please. For fuck sakes. I hardly heard any all WEEKEND. How the hell am I suppose to get my stomp on without Mongolian clog dancing music?

And I think the mainstage should be NintendoCore from start to finish. Like der.
Chris-tofu +

Times thanked
< 235
Dying to see Maetrix play rainbow!!!!!!!!!! Maetrix friday night and Maceo Plex during the day Sunday arvo

+1 for Donato Dozzy...Strawberry Fields was a bummer so this would defo make up for it

Slightly off topic but has to do with the Rainbow crew...very keen to see who's playing at Eclipse
timharvey +

Times thanked
< 335
I think I'm going to throw up. You could have least waited another month or two.

For Up Coming Gigs Click Below.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tim-Harvey/21983669277
wahboy +

Times thanked
< 102
Dozzy closing monday would be all kinds of awesome!

seems like he deserves that given the debarcle that was the strawberry fields 2011

+1 for dub techno - sven weisemann
ladyinred +

See you Space Samurai...

Times thanked
< 3,166

Quote:

Originally Posted by MongooseFiend View Post

Needs more psy and trance. Techno after lunch, psy/trance/prog through the morning

I want moar beats.

BREAKSFast!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbomb203 View Post

Sausages make everything better astro. FACT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameszabiela

I have to disagree with regards to the sausages...

primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,052

Quote:

Originally Posted by timharvey View Post

I think I'm going to throw up. You could have least waited another month or two.

Sorry chief we can't help ourselves. Thread is making me sad already that I can't make it next year
Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816

Quote:

MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 432

Quote:

I'd start the Eclipse thread just to make you spin a bit more, but QLD forum is quiet and scary...
MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 432

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris-tofu View Post

Slightly off topic but has to do with the Rainbow crew...very keen to see who's playing at Eclipse

Avalon. Also putting in an early guess at Tristan (thus Killerwatts) and Younger Brother Soundsystem
flopp +

Times thanked
< 67
More techno? Wasn't techno or a techno related genre pretty much being played from at least one of the stages at all times of the day? I thought the mix this year was spot on.

Dozzy yes!

If Younger Brother and Prometheus aren't at Eclipse they would be pretty rockin at rainbow

And bring out Yagya!
Chris-tofu +

Times thanked
< 235
Oh yeah, Rainbow needs more didgeridoo! Combined with prog or techno or psy= sounds awesome!
liquid light +

ebb&flo ft. Gavin Martin

Times thanked
< 39
I'm going down now to save some spots for mates to camp
ebb&flo / Fluidlife

Sep 14 - Fluidlife Lunar ft. Luke Fair
Sep 21 - Hernan Cattaneo
Sep 23 - Fluidlife Solar ft. SIS
Oct 05 - Fluidlife Lunar ft. Andre Lodemann

The Balance Podcast launches October 2012 with the worlds leading artists...

W: www.fluidlife.net
E: lister@fluidlife.net
slattikarma +

Times thanked
< 147
^ hahahaha. classic.
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,052

Quote:

Originally Posted by flopp View Post

More techno? Wasn't techno or a techno related genre pretty much being played from at least one of the stages at all times of the day? I thought the mix this year was spot on.

Dozzy yes!

If Younger Brother and Prometheus aren't at Eclipse they would be pretty rockin at rainbow

And bring out Yagya!

There was dribs and drabs, mostly tech house stuff imo with some proper techno occasionally (Secret Cinema, Peter Horrevorts, Koze etc ).

I guess my main point is I would love to see a bit more geniune techno about and getting some of the really forward thinking/fresh artists of the genre on board for Rainbow.

+1 for Yagya. Fuck that would be incredible.
worla +

STAT!

Times thanked
< 2,352
posting because rainbow 2013 can't come quick enough.
i ate all your bee's.....
Portal +

Work that motherf#$ker

Times thanked
< 1,014
so where's the what's on?
Adzy_86 +

mad.

Times thanked
< 152

Quote:

Originally Posted by slattikarma View Post

Definitely room for this, given that Deadbeat played a few years back.....

NEEDS MORE Mongolian clog dancing music please. For fuck sakes. I hardly heard any all WEEKEND. How the hell am I suppose to get my stomp on without Mongolian clog dancing music?

And I think the mainstage should be NintendoCore from start to finish. Like der.

Yep rainbow needs moar chiptunes

Quote:

Love is the key philosophy. The love of great red wine from Bordeaux or Burgundy. The love of weird and wonderful sounds – high weirdness, weird highness, the cave man to the rave man, eternal celestial musicians hanging around whistling an old tune.

Adzy_86 +

mad.

Times thanked
< 152

Quote:

Too early to start thinking about acts to book Tim?

Massive attack anyone?

Quote:

Fluidlife +

EASTER WEEKENDER!

Times thanked
< 167
Whoa! Massive Attack At Rsf13!

Ive Just Messed Myself Again!
fluidlife

Website / Fluidlife FB
Souncloud

fluidlife:only // http://www.fluidlifeonly.tumblr.com
Torsten +

That Pommy ****

Times thanked
< 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by MongooseFiend View Post

Not enough banging psy. Not even close. Very little for the most part (exaccerbated by the Friday night issues). Techno and tech-house everywhere this year.

^This! Was disappointed there wasn't more of the stuff this year.
ratticus +

facebook.com/thepublicworksdepartment

Times thanked
< 1,471

Quote:

This x10. It's the one area I think Rainbow lacks a bit music wise. Even though I won't be there next year would love to see the following....

- Donato Dozzy. The man deserves a proper extended set in a bush doof environment that was cut criminally short at Strawberry. This guy closing Market on Monday would be fucking immense.

Oni Ayhun, Kangding Ray, Morphosis, Martyn, Santiago Salazar, Pfirter and Delta Funktionen would all be great fits as well.

Another point, it would be nice to see a bit more balltearing techno well into the night. Andrew Till at 4am was a good start, how about spreading it out a bit more over the weekend rather than always having banging psy?

Quote:

There was dribs and drabs, mostly tech house stuff imo with some proper techno occasionally (Secret Cinema, Peter Horrevorts, Koze etc ).

I guess my main point is I would love to see a bit more geniune techno about and getting some of the really forward thinking/fresh artists of the genre on board for Rainbow.

+1 for Yagya. Fuck that would be incredible.

Not just a pretty face

Permanent clearance by: #1-01
Fluidlife +

EASTER WEEKENDER!

Times thanked
< 167

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquid light View Post

You have mates?
fluidlife

Website / Fluidlife FB
Souncloud

fluidlife:only // http://www.fluidlifeonly.tumblr.com
psyv +

Times thanked
< 132

Quote:

*cough*

psyv +

Times thanked
< 132

Quote:

Originally Posted by flopp View Post

Dozzy yes!

And bring out Yagya!

Yes please!

And Raja too so we can get Zapped!
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 186

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratticus View Post

Needs more techno.

I heard loads of quality tech n tech house this year. Andrew Till on sunset stage was superb, dirty filthy driving tech

I'd like to hear a few hours of rolling Drum n Bass on the sunset stage next year, I realise many aint into it but I reckon it would work really well to break the weekend up a bit
timharvey +

Times thanked
< 335

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquid light View Post

Excellent you can help dispose of the 50+ tonnes of rubbish that was left.
Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816
Serious?! How can people not have a conscience about that kinda thing?!
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 186
the ppl next to us left tents and 3 couches - muppets!
slattikarma +

Times thanked
< 147

Quote:

Excellent you can help dispose of the 50+ tonnes of rubbish that was left.

Perhaps take some pics of the 50+ tonnes in order to give people a clear mental image of what they are contributing to when they decide they are too lazy to pack up the multitude of shit they brought along......
LifeOnMTV +

==============

Times thanked
< 461
1st page.

I intend to go to Rainbow every year now!

Note to future Self: No matter what happens, you HAVE to go to this, this post is to convince you. I'm telling you man, you have to remember how awesome it was. I'm you so you have to trust me on this one. Hope you bought your tickets already, and remember to bring them with you this time!
weeklypodcast.net promoting independent artists.

I find them on Soundcloud
timharvey +

Times thanked
< 335
Yep, definitely need to make a big difference next year... I was really saddened with the increase in rubbish for what was only a small increase in patrons. I think I'm going to suggest 2 breaks each day in the music on each stage for a combined clean up. Maybe we can have some sort of prize / performance piece to go along with it. Either way, people need to start "owning" their impact a bit more. The NOS free zones created a small improvement but more needs to be done there too.

Obviously campsite rubbish is another issue all together but I have an idea that may help with all campsite related issues for 2013.

As always, your suggestions are welcome. We aim to improve each year.
Kellyboop +

Lettuce be cereal here, guys.

Times thanked
< 2,740
Would love to see Guy J play at Rainbow. Oh and Moshic....his sound is perfect for le bush doof sunset times.
MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 432
Tim I just thought there were nowhere near enough bins near stages this year. I frequently left the dancefloor for 3-4mins at a time to find a bin (often because the first one was too full so had to trek back to the other side to find another) but sadly most people won't do that.

The dancefloor on Monday when Grouch was playing was a disgusting pig sty, really put a downer on my morning seeing the place like that. Plenty of people tried to clean up but had no bins to put stuff in.
But people will always be lazy (especially that number of people will always bring some out) so you'll need to pander to it a bit and give them more tools to help you out. On days like Mad Monday where it's packed there should be bins everywhere rather than just the standard 2 or 3 around market stage.
MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 432
Also think putting the canaconda thing nearer to a stage would be cooler. It's a sick concept, sad seeing it not get that full because it's kinda in the middle of nowhere. Likewise I never even saw the small one for nangs that was meant to be around?
Kellyboop +

Lettuce be cereal here, guys.

Times thanked
< 2,740
There was a nangaconda? That's excellent.
slattikarma +

Times thanked
< 147
Also, I think everyone here who feels strongly about this issue should set an example. If any of us see rubbish about, pick it up and put it in the bins and ask others around you for a hand. Eventually (hopefully!), enough people see others going out of their way to clean up random rubbish and the behavior and understanding begins to spread.

I remember a few years back at Woodford Folk Festival spotting a high profile performer at the festival who was, off his own bat, just walking around picking up rubbish from one of the hills in front of the stage... it was a really powerful image that just spurred me and a bunch of others looking on to start doing the same.

It's about taking ownership of the festival that you love, and giving back.

I also heartily endorse breaking the music for a 5 minute clean-up in between acts, while it does wreck the vibe a bit it is really effective in promoting action and putting forward the message "just because you are getting loose, doesn't give you a licence to trash the place... etc"

I also reckon the "NOS Free Zone" signs were a bit cryptic..... i reckon use the word NANG. I overheard a few "wtf is a nos" remark around...
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 186

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellyboop View Post

Would love to see Guy J play at Rainbow. Oh and Moshic....his sound is perfect for le bush doof sunset times.

Marc Marzenit would go down a treat @ RSF too
Page 1 of 41

« Previous Thread Next Thread »