Sport and Fitness

Here be Cricket of all types 3.0

Closed thread
  Tools
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,427
Anybody following the associates T20 tourny atm? Afghanistan and Namibia are cleaning up.
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
So there's a one day tournament on.

Hopefully we can square it up. Good to see the windies doing well though.
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,898
Anyone following the sheep shaggers?

Philander just got his 50th test wicket... in 13 innings!

In his 7th test!

Thats farking ridonk

6 five fors already in his test career, bowling average of 13.68.

Fastest test bowler to 50 wickets in 112 years...
"My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence"

#BRTG
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,427
Yeah been watching the scores, fucking hell that guy is deadly! I was hoping Jimmy Pattinson could get that record but not likely now.
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,898
Yeah pattinson might struggle to get another 25 in his next 3 tests...

Last edited by VanBuurenisGod: 26-Mar-12 at 05:45pm

weekender +

Times thanked
< 524
Decent Test match kicked off in Galle. Managed to knock them over for 318 (Jayawardene scoring 180). Anderson 5-72 - finally putting the nail in the coffin of the laughable theory that he can only bowl effectively in swinging conditions.

Lovely backdrop and setting for the match, too.
"Old enough to know better"
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Originally Posted by weekender View Post

Decent Test match kicked off in Galle. Managed to knock them over for 318 (Jayawardene scoring 180). Anderson 5-72 - finally putting the nail in the coffin of the laughable theory that he can only bowl effectively in swinging conditions.

Lovely backdrop and setting for the match, too.

Sadly you forgot England's inability to bat against spin.

Thus here we are 46/3. Embarrassing. Trott gets out trying a massive slog (why???) and then Strauss tries to sweep and goes LBW.

Seriously, why use the sweep to often? What's wrong with smothering the ball with a straight bat or playing off the back foot???
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,427
RE Sweep question: they all want to be Mathew Hayden.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573
This is just getting embarrassing now. England doing their best to get themselves out, playing bizarre shots to deliveries that aren't anything amazing.

Number 1 test team my arse. Then again, SA, Australia and NZ all struggle in that area of the world but still....

Sadly looks like this team will go down as very good but not great.
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,401
Lets wait until the test has finished mate .
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hdb2 View Post

Lets wait until the test has finished mate .

3 tests against Pakistan where they continually failed against spin, this innings no different, and in every test there's been on uneven bounce or turn - they're just panicking about "spin" and not doing the basics.

An early call? Yes. But I doubt I'll be proven wrong. Unless Bell pulls a Jayawardene.
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,427
I wonder how they will handle the new breed of Aussie fast bowlers on the swinging English decks?
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

Number 1 test team my arse. Then again, SA, Australia and NZ all struggle in that area of the world but still....

Didn't we just win a series in Sri Lanka?
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
weekender +

Times thanked
< 524

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

I wonder how they will handle the new breed of Aussie fast bowlers on the swinging English decks?

Derp. I'd worry about Warner, Forrest, Clarke and Wade against our seamers before you get too carried away with what is a promising but untried and inexperienced (not to mention injury prone) attack.

As for Galle... Swann leads the fightback. Sets it up nicely for a cracking day's play tonight. Sofa-tastic.
hurley18 +

Ticket Inspector

Times thanked
< 206
COYL!

Chandimal needs to eek out a few more runs today, get the lead to 300.
A shame we wont be able to see how this pitch plays on day 5..
weekender +

Times thanked
< 524
Dunno, if we eeek Sri Lanka out for less that a 300 lead, the top three are quite capable of playing Dravid like innings and hanging around til day 5 to squeeze out the runs.
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,427

Quote:

Derp. I'd worry about Warner, Forrest, Clarke and Wade against our seamers before you get too carried away with what is a promising but untried and inexperienced (not to mention injury prone) attack.

As for Galle... Swann leads the fightback. Sets it up nicely for a cracking day's play tonight. Sofa-tastic.

Forest wont be in the team. I am worried about Warner and Wade. But we have Watson, Cowan, Ponting, Hussey and Clarke. You're really questioning Clarke's ability?
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

weekender +

Times thanked
< 524
Watson is likely to be in for repairs, if his injury track record is anything to go by. I'll give you Cowan, maybe.

Hussey and Ponting will be beyond veteran status and if you're relying upon them to have stellar tours in English conditions in 2013, you're in deep trouble.

As for Clarke, his record in England has been inconsistent, but to pin your hopes on two old fellas, the skipper and someone made of balsa wood is foolish, imho.

(SL : 115-7 in Galle)
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573
SL 127-8

Lead is still 250 though, and we failed to even put 200 on the board. If Strauss or Cook get out early, watch the rest fold. Pietersen is incapable of playing the right sort of innings for this pitch, and Bell gets the yips. Plus Trott appears to be playing stupid shots for no reason at the moment which is a worry.
weekender +

Times thanked
< 524
Cue Trott and Pietersen scoring tons and an eight wicket victory. ha ha

(Bell scored 52 first knock and got a beauty to get him out, so I'd reserve judgement on Ian Ronald for now)
YossarianIsSane +

Times thanked
< 182
Prasanna Jayawardene putting the game out of reach it would seem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_e_de View Post

It's the same as going out on a busy street and looking at the people around you, most of them are fgts.

Laptopexcursion +

Times thanked
< 55
No I think England are favourites here. They've handled spin really well lately.
http://beatport.com/s/t8dN6b
http://soundcloud.com/hober-mallow
YossarianIsSane +

Times thanked
< 182
Reverse Jinx? I hope not.

Quote:

It's the same as going out on a busy street and looking at the people around you, most of them are fgts.

Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573
Fcuks sake , typical England, make a great effort then allow SL to make 100 fucking runs for the last 3 wickets so instead of chasing a half-reasonable 240 they've got 340 to make. Fuckwits. Last 2 years they've preen ruthless when it comes to the tail, now they've forgotten the rather crucial skill.

England have never been great at chasing large targets, this might not last the day.
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
C'mon Sri Lanka!
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
So what was Cook's average at the end of the ashes? It's hovering around 48 now.

Good review by the Lankans, well done.
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
Pietersen gone.

England just need to bat conservatively but the pressure is probably gonna get to them.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573
Well there we go, no surprises. All over.
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,401
Massive loss.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573
And another. What a surprise "tries to sweep, out LBW".

England haven't figured out that Hawkeye now means you will get fucked on reviews. Bell was apparently so far forwards that even when sweeping his back foot was out of the crease and the umpire STILL gave it out.

Thing is, if he HADN'T given out and the Lankans had appealed, it'd have been not out as umpire's call. Fucking retarded.

Regardless of the issue with umpires being seriously trigger-happy with LBW calls now they have hawkeye to help and regardless of this bullshit "umpires call", England seriously need to stop sweeping and start playing with a straight bat.

That would never have been given out in pre-Hawkeye days.
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,427
They are only 4 down at half way point with Trott well set, gonna be close.
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
Dubz, that lbw was plum. It was a few inches off the ground when it hit him and hawkeye had it hitting the stump despite the distance. It wouldn't have been given out had he made the wrong call for benefit of the doubt to the batsmen.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkdogz View Post

Dubz, that lbw was plum. It was a few inches off the ground when it hit him and hawkeye had it hitting the stump despite the distance. It wouldn't have been given out had he made the wrong call for benefit of the doubt to the batsmen.

Sorry I don't get what you mean with the last sentence, it doesn't make sense.

As for the rest of it. Plum when he's miles outside of his crease? Rubbish. Hawkeye only had it clipping the stump. That's not plumb!

England currently doing what they do best - building hope in their supporters! It'll all come crashing down. England don't like to just fuck up, they like to tease and make people think they might do it.

See the 2nd test against Pakistan, only 140 to make, get to 50 without loss.....THEN they start throwing it away.
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
Clipping the stumps, half the ball I'll add, is hitting the stumps.

The last bit I said is benefit of the doubt. Pretty simple concept. He made the right decision, great umpiring.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573
There goes Prior, and here comes the collapse. England - never like to come up short when it comes to crushing disappointment.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkdogz View Post

Clipping the stumps, half the ball I'll add, is hitting the stumps.

The last bit I said is benefit of the doubt. Pretty simple concept. He made the right decision, great umpiring.

Concept is simple, sadly so are you so what we get is this garbage:

It wouldn't have been given out had he made the wrong call for benefit of the doubt to the batsmen.

Ever heard of punctuation?
Laptopexcursion +

Times thanked
< 55
7 down. Man, if the Lankans can roll them like this, imagine what Lyon is going to do come the ashes.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laptopexcursion View Post

7 down. Man, if the Lankans can roll them like this, imagine what Lyon is going to do come the ashes.

Yeah look at the averages of these SL bowlers, in the 30s and 40s. Philander is going to maul us!

Swann gone now, to yet another missed sweep, that's 8 or 9 LBWs in this match.

Trott got out to another stupid shot - if your partner has just been caught, keep the ball down. Getting caught at leg slip off a shot (as opposed to an edge) is fucking woeful.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573
I'm really sick and tired of "umpires call", it either hits the stumps or it doesn't. Stop making it a game of chance as to whether or not it's a wicket "umpire said out so it's out but ball shown hitting stump" , "umpire said not out so it's not out but ball shown hitting stump" ....anyone who doesn't think it's fucking shite is a dick.
Laptopexcursion +

Times thanked
< 55

Quote:

There goes Prior, and here comes the collapse. England - Shit.

For brevity.
Laptopexcursion +

Times thanked
< 55
I agree with the umpires call rule as it is, but it shouldn't count as a review. And they should probably narrow down the region which comes up as umps call too. 2/5 of the ball hitting leg stump should be out.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laptopexcursion View Post

I agree with the umpires call rule as it is, but it shouldn't count as a review. And they should probably narrow down the region which comes up as umps call too. 2/5 of the ball hitting leg stump should be out.

You can't say you agree with it as it is and then suggest two major changes!

All over, as predicted, England collapse after giving hope to their supporters (because it's so boring to just lose)

It was a story of two tails, one wagged hard and the final 3 wickets for SL on both innings got them an extra 80 or so runs in each and there's the difference.

Hard to believe that I left work with England 5 down and only 90 runs short, and an hour later they're all over 75 runs short.

Of course, then you remember that this is England.
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,427

Quote:

Yeah look at the averages of these SL bowlers, in the 30s and 40s. Philander is going to maul us!

Philander isn't a spinner dude Although Gul also shit on England when they played Pakistan.

Are all England supports as whiney as you are mate? Fuck me dead I know that it hurts to be number one and then play like shit, but that's the game of cricket for ya!

Also Hereth, career best figures for a match

And wow, England lost 18 wickets to spin...
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510

Quote:

Concept is simple, sadly so are you so what we get is this garbage:

It wouldn't have been given out had he made the wrong call for benefit of the doubt to the batsmen.

Ever heard of punctuation?

My point stands, he's out, you're butthurt.

Nice win SL.
dow_ney +

Times thanked
< 56
Butthurt English supporters like Dubz are what make Ashes victories oh so sweet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogan Josh

My dad's old fuck buddy, my mum, just sees my dad as a buddy these days.
Which suits me tbh.

YossarianIsSane +

Times thanked
< 182

Quote:

Originally Posted by dow_ney View Post

Butthurt English supporters like Dubz are what make Ashes victories oh so sweet!

Now if only we could find a damn good spinner...

Quote:

Laptopexcursion +

Times thanked
< 55
Honestly, the cricket highlight for me lately hasn't been the aus wins, it's been watching england bat against spin. It's been priceless.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

Philander isn't a spinner dude Although Gul also shit on England when they played Pakistan.

Are all England supports as whiney as you are mate? Fuck me dead I know that it hurts to be number one and then play like shit, but that's the game of cricket for ya!

Also Hereth, career best figures for a match

And wow, England lost 18 wickets to spin...

I think most are less whiney.

I suppose it's just frustrating watching England throw it away again. I mean, Indian supporters have just seen their team get thumped in two series where they never had a chance, they were beaten in every way.

England, on the other hand, are throwing it away. 2nd test against Pakistan - just had to make 140 and threw it away.

This time, they had SL at 170-6 and 72-5 and threw it away both times, even after that they had 5 wickets and 120 overs left to make 90 runs and failed at that too.

We need to learn to use the bat against the spin, stop sweeping, and keep the fucking ball down - Patel and Trott's shots were stupid. They had 120 overs to make 90 runs, just bat it down onto the ground and run singles!
weekender +

Times thanked
< 524
Will you give it a rest about Trott's dismissal? The guy had batted for nearly 6 hours, faced 266 balls and scored 112. No one else got a fifty. He held the whole thing together and if Prior had managed to get to 50 I'd have been surprised if we hadn't fallen over the line. If you have an issue with one of only two current players that avergaes over 50 in both Tests and ODIs, do carry on, but you merely reinforce the impression you're a buffoon.

Strauss' dismissal was the silliest of the second knock - an unnecessary and agricultural swish - when set at 27 and looking ok.

The consensus amongst the Test Match Special guys appears to be that the top 6 needs freshening up. Which would logically put pressue on Strauss and Bell, with the number 6 slot still grey (Prior should bat at 7). But then again, the candidates aren't obvious for the top order.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Will you give it a rest about Trott's dismissal? The guy had batted for nearly 6 hours, faced 266 balls and scored 112. No one else got a fifty. He held the whole thing together and if Prior had managed to get to 50 I'd have been surprised if we hadn't fallen over the line. If you have an issue with one of only two current players that avergaes over 50 in both Tests and ODIs, do carry on, but you merely reinforce the impression you're a buffoon.

Strauss' dismissal was the silliest of the second knock - an unnecessary and agricultural swish - when set at 27 and looking ok.

The consensus amongst the Test Match Special guys appears to be that the top 6 needs freshening up. Which would logically put pressue on Strauss and Bell, with the number 6 slot still grey (Prior should bat at 7). But then again, the candidates aren't obvious for the top order.

He's been getting out to silly shots as have all of them. I'm just saying that when you see the other batsman get out to a bad shot and get caught, you should be thinking about consolidating for the next 4-5 overs, not trying to work a ball in the air from middle and leg onto the leg side.

I'm no more impressed by Strauss, Bell or Pietersen. All the averages for 2012 are dismal to look at.

As you say, who do you bring in?

I think Patel needs to get dropped but more to bring in another proper batsman and let Andersen, Bell, Swann etc take the strain.

Not sure of any amazing batsmen available at present for England at number 6.
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »