Sport and Fitness

EPL 11/12 #6: Only the good dive young

Closed thread
  Tools
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,293
we have been crying out for a good right winger for years. kenny's solution was to sign jordan henderson and play him out there. baffling to say the least.

fuck building the team around carroll though. we need to bring in another intelligent player to link up with suarez. build the team around suarez & if lucas regains his form make him captain. gerrard is a luxury player now and we can't rely on him anymore to save us every season. time to start planning for life without him. need to sign a good long term replacement and i have seen nothing in henderson to suggest he is that player.

the team is a total mess. we have regressed since last year. we need at least 3 new quality first team players or we can forget about challenging for top 4 next year too. 1 winger, striker and cm is the bare minimum. hopefully the owners are willing to spend but i wouldn't blame them if they don't trust kenny/comolli with their money after what they've done with it so far...
base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

Times thanked
< 2,428
Gerrard was probably the worst player on the pitch on Saturday, he's not capable of saving anyone anymore

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead

patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,293
yes i know. he has given up and i don't blame him. he is surrounded by absolute shit. good on him for telling kenny to get the fuck off the pitch too
mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 254
way too much pool talk today
base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

Times thanked
< 2,428
They're good for a laugh though

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead

Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,405

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattpolo8 View Post

way too much pool talk today

I dunno, I dont mind it when its talking about how terrible they are.
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,405
Although I agree we could do with some more talk about this too;

midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

Times thanked
< 2,592

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickbateman View Post

we became a midtable club when we signed the useless fucking ****

You were a mid-table club the moment you allowed Benitez go and signed Hodgson to replace him. The rot started there and has not been addressed despite a management change. You can't really pin that on Carroll dude, especially when he has started far less than half of the games he's been available for since he signed. Suarez has scored 7 goals in the league this season. That return is woeful for a striker of his skill and it's the managers burden to shoulder.

Interesting fact: your team changed formations 4 times last night. You started as a 4-5-1, switched to a 4-4-1-1, switched to a straight 4-4-2 and ended the game playing 4-3-3. If a manager needs to shift the team that often, and resorts to playing Gerrard on the wing (never worked for England, never worked elsewhere), you know something is wrong. That and the players have to re-adapt all through the game to changing positions and roles, hence why you were attacked on the break so easily so often.

Kenny needs to go and someone who understands the modern game, as well as being a good man manager, needs to be brought in to get the best out of your team. Someone like Martin O'Neill would work wonders at Liverpool.

Last edited by midian: 02-Apr-12 at 01:09pm

patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,293
carroll hasn't started often because when he does start he is abysmal. why would kenny continue to play him when he just walks around like he doesn't give a shit and is being laughed at by everyone in england?

suarez finishing has been poor no doubt, but he is carrying the whole team on his shoulders. with better players around him and less pressure on him to do everything by himself he will flourish.

fuck martin o'neil we need someone better. i hear capello is unemployed, don't like his football at all but he gets results at least.
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrugfuctDonkey View Post

91 Appearances for 33 goals for NUFC over 3 seasons indicates otherwise.

LFC could make Ibrahimovic look like a talentless chump at the moment.

One thing is for certain is that Ibra would actually finish the chances he gets rather then miss the ball or fall over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

Times thanked
< 2,592

Quote:

fuck martin o'neil we need someone better.

Personally I rate him quite highly. Took Leicester to three cup finals in three years, winning two, and finished top 10 each season with quite a poor team. Won the title three times at Celtic, also made the CL knockout rounds multiple times and made the UEFA Cup final the one time they didn't. Took Villa to a cup final and finished 6th in the league three times in a row and has now completely turned around Sunderland from 19th place to 1 point behind you .(they'd be 7th if we didn't somehow score twice in 90 seconds) and all of which done with some pretty average players at his disposal.

He would be brilliant at a big club, if we didn't have Mancini I'd have him in a heartbeat. One of the best technical managers in the league who plays to his teams strength and reportedly one of the best man managers in the game. Exactly what Pool need.
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,293
i would rather not take any more risks and go for a manager who is proven at the highest level. capello has won serie a with 3 different teams, la liga twice in two seasons at madrid and he won the champions league with milan too. get him in at the end of the season and let him build his team
DuncanM +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 1,848
Average players? That's no way to talk about Super Nik. He's been talking to both Barcelona and Real Madrid, don't you know?
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by midian View Post

You were a mid-table club the moment you allowed Benitez go and signed Hodgson to replace him. The rot started there and has not been addressed despite a management change. You can't really pin that on Carroll dude, especially when he has started far less than half of the games he's been available for since he signed. Suarez has scored 7 goals in the league this season. That return is woeful for a striker of his skill and it's the managers burden to shoulder.

Interesting fact: your team changed formations 4 times last night. You started as a 4-5-1, switched to a 4-4-1-1, switched to a straight 4-4-2 and ended the game playing 4-3-3. If a manager needs to shift the team that often, and resorts to playing Gerrard on the wing (never worked for England, never worked elsewhere), you know something is wrong. That and the players have to re-adapt all through the game to changing positions and roles, hence why you were attacked on the break so easily so often.

Kenny needs to go and someone who understands the modern game, as well as being a good man manager, needs to be brought in to get the best out of your team. Someone like Martin O'Neill would work wonders at Liverpool.

Your points are justified and I agree...

Rafa had to go...and, Hodgson was only bought him because of his 'one hit wonder' of the Europa finals appearance with Fulham...there were so many managers out there yet we picked Hodgson...

I've never been a fan of Kenny coming back as manager (honestly)...really hope he does resign his post at season's end for the good of the club...problem is, the scousers are all too loyal of King Kenny and no one has the guts to come out and say..."Kenny, your a LFC legend but right now your shit as manager...its time to bring in a new modern manager for the sake of our future"...Kenny is out of his managerial league in this modern era...

I believe Martin O'Neill is a top manager and would've loved to have got a hold of him and bring him to LFC...not sure if there's any chance of preying him away from Sunderland though...
[Put Signature Here]
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

i would rather not take any more risks and go for a manager who is proven at the highest level. capello has won serie a with 3 different teams, la liga twice in two seasons at madrid and he won the champions league with milan too. get him in at the end of the season and let him build his team

Disagree...'every' and 'any' one who you employ is a risk...

Don't mind Capello if we can get him...but he is a bit of a risk...i.e. a number of recent foreigners who was successful outside of England have failed in the EPL...yes, Capello was the England manager and watched shitloads of EPL games, but he has been out of club-level management for a while and all...

Martin O'Neill is proven in the EPL...although he too carries a bit of a risk, can he step up and handle the pressure...
[Put Signature Here]
Balls Deep +

Times thanked
< 7,918
LFC fans talk as if they can get any manager they want but keep picking the bad ones.

It's a cluster fuck of a club that thinks they are still one of the best in the world when I fact they are no better than Sunderland right now. You'd do well to get O'Neill and not much else. IMO
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,692
Yeah, O'Neill would be good for Pool. No one else will go there if they finish 7th or lower, which is looking very likely. In fact O'Neill is perfect for where the Scousers are right now and I reckon he'd have a get out clause in his Sunderland contract that stipulates if a club like Pool approaches him he has the right to speak to them.
Conor- +

Incorrectly using the semi colon; since 1996

Times thanked
< 1,397
Back to the keeper point, pretty sure Brad Jones was reserve keeper up until the point his son got sick.
Who's Federici playing for now? Reading, Portsmouth, MK Dons? Doubt he'll be the next keeper.

But I would actually love to see Langerak get a few matches at international level. He played a good chunk of the season at current Bundesliga leaders Borrusia Dortmund, and was picked on multiple occasions ahead of Roman Weinderfeller, and I think he would be better equired (for lack of a better word) to be Schwarzer's heir.
Discuss...
nickko +

Why would I not have a nice day?

Times thanked
< 4,541
There's not much to discuss.

Federici is a better keeper (at this point in time), playing regularly (critical for a keeper) at a side that could well be promoted to the premier league next season. Langerak, looking an excellent prospect, is sitting on the bench most weeks (he's made seven appearances for BvB).
I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

Times thanked
< 3,506

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conor- View Post

Back to the keeper point, pretty sure Brad Jones was reserve keeper up until the point his son got sick.
Who's Federici playing for now? Reading, Portsmouth, MK Dons? Doubt he'll be the next keeper.

But I would actually love to see Langerak get a few matches at international level. He played a good chunk of the season at current Bundesliga leaders Borrusia Dortmund, and was picked on multiple occasions ahead of Roman Weinderfeller, and I think he would be better equired (for lack of a better word) to be Schwarzer's heir.
Discuss...

I think it's fair to say you made this post without having researched any of your facts
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 22,957
Just that post?
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,261

Quote:

Originally Posted by midian View Post

I look forward to Carrol leaving and rejoining newcastle or any other team without Daglish (who fucked newcastle, and celtic), and scoring a heap of goals by the way, Bateman has demoinstrated to me and many others he is a clueless dickhead. Next season should confirm this when Carrol goes, though he will probably change his username and support City by then
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,261

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezah View Post

Yeah, O'Neill would be good for Pool. No one else will go there if they finish 7th or lower, which is looking very likely. In fact O'Neill is perfect for where the Scousers are right now and I reckon he'd have a get out clause in his Sunderland contract that stipulates if a club like Pool approaches him he has the right to speak to them.

a club lower on the table clause? New one on me
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,293

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

I look forward to Carrol leaving and rejoining newcastle or any other team without Daglish (who fucked newcastle, and celtic), and scoring a heap of goals by the way, Bateman has demoinstrated to me and many others he is a clueless dickhead. Next season should confirm this when Carrol goes, though he will probably change his username and support City by then

stats speak for themselves. me > u. stick to the a-league, junior.
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,261
what stats are those? posts from you recently indicating you didnt bother watching anymore would demonstrate you are a bandwagoner.
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,293
i missed the everton game and the qpr game. other than those two i've seen almost all our other games, including the last two defeats to wigan and newcastle. i was going to stop watching because it is the same shit every time and we are playing even worse than when hodgson was here

stats: carroll 1598 minutes of league football this season. 3 goals & 1 assist.
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,261
cool man!!!!!!!
spend the time getting a tat instead
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,293
tattoos are so passé bro
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,261
especially if you are likely to change teams like you hey bra
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,293
i think i'll support newcastle next. what do you think? can we be mates?
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,261
bff
until we sell Ba to pool, then our wheels will drop off for sure
Bism +

Times thanked
< 18,217
Liverpool.
danmau5 +

Times thanked
< 3,506
Arsenal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

Go fuck yourself, Daniel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

the fuck kind of name is danmowfive

Bism +

Times thanked
< 18,217
Dench.
DuncanM +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 1,848

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

bff
until we sell Ba to pool, then our wheels will drop off for sure

Ba isn't English, therefore Pool will not buy him.
elhadjihenry +

Times thanked
< 743
also he's actually good, doesn't meet their criteria
midian +

Times thanked
< 2,592
Funny with all this talk about Ba but he's hit a dry patch recently. It's Cisse who's scoring all the goals!
danmau5 +

Times thanked
< 3,506
only because ba has been playing as the left peg of a three man strike force, behind cisse if not out wide. doing what's best for the team, instead of going for personal glory all the time (another reason he wouldnt fit in at liverpool).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

Go fuck yourself, Daniel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

the fuck kind of name is danmowfive

Balls Deep +

Times thanked
< 7,918
League title number 20 almost in the bag for Mancs. Well deserved with a weak team like that. Lol Nasri

Oh, and KK is a twat

Media Player
YouTube
It's over you BASTARDS!
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,541
You know, if I was a ****, I'd go back through this thread and dig up all the posts about David De Gea from early in the season...

Five points clear.
franko123 +

Hello, this is your captain speaking.

Times thanked
< 861
1 - Of 'keepers with 10+ PL apps this season, David De Gea has the best saves-to-shots rate (79%), Paul Robinson the worst (55%). Contrast.
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,541
Re-creation of Carroll's dive:

chegoon +

Times thanked
< 1,028

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickko View Post

You know, if I was a ****, I'd go back through this thread and dig up all the posts about David De Gea from early in the season...

Five points clear.

will have to agree. de gea and the sczescz are going to be two of the goalkeepers of their generation
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,405
danmau5 +

Times thanked
< 3,506

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickko View Post

don't worry about doing that man, we already know you are.
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,405
Mancrush on Valencia elevated some more! One of the best players in the league at the moment IMO!
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,541
Great strike, but Robbo should have done a lot better.
franko123 +

Hello, this is your captain speaking.

Times thanked
< 861
37 - There were 37 passes in the move for Ashley Young's goal tonight, the longest sequence of any PL goal this season. Aesthetic

12 - Antonio Valencia now has 12 Premier League assists this season, the joint-most along with Man City's David Silva. Lynchpin

91% - Manchester United's pass completion so far tonight is the best by any team playing away from home in the PL this season. Patien

736 - Manchester United have gone 736 minutes without conceding a Premier League goal on a Monday. Unbreachable

197 - Paul Scholes has given away a foul on average every 197 seconds during his career. Chopper.

15 - Howard Webb is 15/1 to score Manchester United's first goal against Blackburn tonight. Favouritism.
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,405
Definitely but thats what happens when you constantly get the ball and drive into the box - things happen!

Also Franko, I read before;

David Silva has played in 30 of city's 31 league games this season, scored 5 and has 14 assists.

Antonio Valencia has played in 20 of United's 31 league games this season, scored 4 and has 13 assists.
elhadjihenry +

Times thanked
< 743
The only thing about Valencia is that most of his goals/assists come against the weaker teams, beats up on the strugglers a bit.

You still need players to win you those games though, would gladly have had him in our team against QPR on the weekend!
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »