< 101
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/tasered-fo...630-219m3.html

Hee hee. Here we go Dubz.
horst +

Times thanked
< 422

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dero13 View Post

How come it's the ones that make "the wise crack remarks" get themselves in these stupid situations?

If he just did what they asked none all of this could of been avoided.

$12 000 in compo , who will pay for this? The taxpayers?

Your problem is your comprehension skills, which lead you to make these weird leaps of logic.
The $12000 are "cost", ie what the lawyer cost Michael Lindsay [no relation]. He is not being compensated.
Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Times thanked
< 1,292

Quote:

Originally Posted by horst View Post

Your problem is your comprehension skills, which lead you to make these weird leaps of logic.
The $12000 are "cost", ie what the lawyer cost Michael Lindsay [no relation]. He is not being compensated.

Oh thanks for that but no need for the personal abuse

Can you also explain who will be paying the $12 000 in lawyers fees?

Sure it's looks like the Police did over react this time & the media will blow it out of proportion but do you think if Michael Lindsay just did what asked without using a "wise crack remark" this unfortunate situation could of been avoided?

imo people have to be responsible for there actions & have a responsibilty to themselves & others to prevent such incidents occuring. The transit officers were just doing there job & from what i've seen it can be stressful constantly dealing with alcohol fuelled passengers who feel violated over something so small like checking you have a valid ticket.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,005
Dero you are the most horrible troll

Yeah coppers and transit officers have the most stressful job, what with the lying under oath and everything
horst +

Times thanked
< 422

Quote:

Oh thanks for that but no need for the personal abuse

Can you also explain who will be paying the $12 000 in lawyers fees?

Well you want to think about this a little while?
Maybe you can come up with your own answer, but think about this, if the offending officer was asked to cough up, we would be getting this blatant abuse of power much less frequently.
gonefishin +

Times thanked
< 391

Quote:

Sure it's looks like the Police did over react this time & the media will blow it out of proportion but do you think if Michael Lindsay just did what asked without using a "wise crack remark" this unfortunate situation could of been avoided?

No way mate, if a police officer or transit officer can't brushoff the remarks of somebody who has had a few drinks then they need stop prancing around and find another job, fucking drama queens. It comes with the territory, they get paid to suck it up.
moojins +

Times thanked
< 225
So what, police are now allowed to shoot someone in the back with a taser every time they make a wisecrack as a lesson in manners? Dero, that you can read that story and then claim that the officers were hard done by in any form is very surprising to me.

What I think is most upsetting about this is that all of the transit and police officers corroborated a fabricated version of events. If one passenger hadn't recorded this, Michael would have a criminal record and potentially be sent to jail because the officers felt that camaraderie was more important than telling the truth in court.
gonefishin +

Times thanked
< 391

Quote:

Everybody has a breaking point & it just could of been the final straw when this person made "the wise crack" but it's quite obvious you would not be able to grasp that possibility..

Nice "theory".... I know enough good police to know what they can reasonably expect to deal with in their day to day duties. This guy has jeopardised his and the others careers for the sake of his own petulant pride-and here you are defending him, quite retarded IMO.
gonefishin +

Times thanked
< 391
I'm not trolling you mate, I have a pretty good understanding of what police work is about. It is a hard mans job but to say it is "unrewarding" is plain off the mark-just like the point you try to make here.
Police are assaulted and spat on everyday which should never be tolerated however if they can't handle a smart arse without tasering him and fabricating assault charges then they have no business being police. They went well beyond what you could simply call an "overreaction". They have tarnished the badge and made everyone elses job that little bit harder by undermining public trust (that public trust had previously been earnt by good police doing good police work).
moojins +

Times thanked
< 225
OK Dero, if we treat the whole event as 2 discrete incidents we get:

Officers unduly: accosted a citizen, charged the citizen for a crime they didn't commit (potentially jeopardising job prospects, liberties etc.), tasered a citizen without reason, lied in a court of law

Michael unduly: made a smart arse comment

The line here is that the officers were far worse in this case, therefore it seems odd that you would commit so much of your argument to their defence. I'm also not willing to buy the line that Michael started the whole chain of events with his comment, as at about 5 stages in that narrative the officers could have stopped and acted appropriately but they chose not to, so there's a lesson in being responsible for one's actions. Further to this, what the officers did was [pending trial] criminal, what Michael did was not.
legal-affairs +

Moderator says 2.0

Times thanked
< 513

Quote:

Do you think people really have to start being responsible for there actions & showing a little more respect to authority figures

You mean like cops showing respect to courts by not giving false evidence when they are in one, that sort of thing?

The problem with NSW Police is that every time that they bleat that they need more powers (including the power to taser people), they get them. At some point, a Police Minister needs to say, "you don't need more powers, you need more intelligence". If that emans increasing the pay and drumming some of the worst of the meatheads out of the NSW Police, that would be an excellent investment.
But we're fools if we sit back and stare at the ground
While the weasels and analysts sing
If we want our place in history, we can't let the frustration
Drive us to fashionable drinking again
Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Times thanked
< 1,292

Quote:

Originally Posted by legal-affairs View Post

You mean like cops showing respect to courts by not giving false evidence when they are in one, that sort of thing?

The problem with NSW Police is that every time that they bleat that they need more powers (including the power to taser people), they get them. At some point, a Police Minister needs to say, "you don't need more powers, you need more intelligence". If that emans increasing the pay and drumming some of the worst of the meatheads out of the NSW Police, that would be an excellent investment.

Yeh true LA but why do you think they are asking for more power? a) Because the public is showing them more & more respect or b) less respect? My guess is b)

Police should be payed at least 3 times the amount they receive then you would get a higher % of better cops.

but until that happens (you'll be waiting a while) these as you say "meatheads" will still be a small % of the force. So imo that's more reason not to make "wise crack remarks" & trigger there meatheadness.
gonefishin +

Times thanked
< 391

Quote:

Yeh true LA but why do you think they are asking for more power? a) Because the public is showing them more & more respect or b) less respect? My guess is b)

it's neither a) nor b). They ask for more powers because they feel it lets them perform their duties better, it has fuck all to do with respect
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,005
the more power they get, the less respect they get

they should ask for less power so they can get more respect

forst you get de sugar, den you get de taser, den you get de POWER

Scipione does look a fair bit like Omar Suarez

at what point should coppers ask for the power to be allowed to lie in court about their actions? is that next on the list after being allowed to taser people for smart arse comments?

seriously Dero you broke my brain
Listen to your friend Cheely Zane
He is a cool guy...
Fangoriously +

Fusion Aerodynamical Science

Times thanked
< 1,179
Violence is unheard of?

What, so the riots that lasted several days last year were all about peace, harmony and brotherly love?

No police felt that they were at risk? 186 of them were injured, 5 people died!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_England_riots
Aerodynamical Fusion Science Terminal Velocitising Scientician Experimentalising
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,005
don't drag me down with you Dero. I aint the one. I aint getting tased bro.

you were the one who said police are getting less and less respect. yet they're getting more and more powers and killbot gadgets? see the relationship?

do I have to draw a graph?
He is a cool guy...
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,005
police should be the bigger persons [wat] and not tase people for no reason and then lie about it in court

/and I'm spent
He is a cool guy...
Fewsion +

Registered troll

Times thanked
< 101

Quote:

Don't drag you down? I'm a few levels above you

If the Cops are so bad & it's all there fault have you ever thought the public should lead by example, be the bigger person & start showing them respect by extending the olive branch?

The result being that Cops & the Public would respect each other alot better than than do now

It works both ways my friend

Can't wait till you get tasered for something.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,005

Quote:

I wouldn't expect you to understand that respect is a two way street

No wonder you're confused

how about this

people who commit perjury should be punished by taser?
He is a cool guy...
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,005
I hope they shoot me instead, right in the spine, and I have to shit in a bag for the rest of my life. just to prove you wrong Dero.

After all if I were to be tased I'd probably be doing something life threatening right?
He is a cool guy...
weekender +

Times thanked
< 524
Dero, take a poll and ask people who have had a personal interaction with coppers of late what their experiences have been like.

Have the officers approached things in a calm, thoughtful and reasoned manner, displaying equinamity and intelligence?

Or something different - such as issuing a "$550 fine for failing to leave a licenced premises when asked", despite the offender:

a) not having been asked to leave a licenced premises
b) not having had a drink
c) not having actually entered the premises listed in the infringement notice
d) being asked to display a driver's licence and not informed for what purpose
e) not being informed that an infringement notice would be issued, and only becoming aware of it when it appeared in the letterbox

Respect is earned.
"Old enough to know better"
gonefishin +

Times thanked
< 391

Quote:

I do find it quite amusing that when you show any form of respecting the law or sympathy for a cop & how stressful there job is you are a treated as a freak on this forum

Dude don't obfuscate, you didn't say that.
moojins +

Times thanked
< 225

Quote:

The UK is very peaceful & violence is unheard of because the UK public trust police who don't carry guns. No crims take advantage of this because there are no crims in the UK.

What sort of figures do you have to back up these statements, or is the UK just a big episode of Postman Pat to you?

Arguing with you is like running at a brick wall Dero, I just want to make two general observations:

a) If everyone disagrees with you about everything, you may just be on the wrong side of an argument
b) In this whole section of the thread I haven't once heard you rebuke the actions of the police/transit officers in question other than to say "they may have overreacted". If you want to live in an Orwellian state where all indiscretions of the police are the citizen's fault for not respecting them enough that's fine, but it can't be the same state that I live in
buffed +

Times thanked
< 172

Quote:

Originally Posted by weekender View Post

Dero, take a poll and ask people who have had a personal interaction with coppers of late what their experiences have been like.

Have the officers approached things in a calm, thoughtful and reasoned manner, displaying equinamity and intelligence?

Or something different - such as issuing a "$550 fine for failing to leave a licenced premises when asked", despite the offender:

a) not having been asked to leave a licenced premises
b) not having had a drink
c) not having actually entered the premises listed in the infringement notice
d) being asked to display a driver's licence and not informed for what purpose
e) not being informed that an infringement notice would be issued, and only becoming aware of it when it appeared in the letterbox

Respect is earned.

i can't remember a time when i had a run in after the age of 18.

the only people i know who have issue with police are immature idiots with an axe to grind or drunken wankers.
Weinertron +

random shoutbox generator

Times thanked
< 934
lol @ considering buffed as a part of society
Fuck Everything Forever
moojins +

Times thanked
< 225

Quote:

You may not believe this but ITM is not the voice of everyone.

Google "hyperbole"
gonefishin +

Times thanked
< 391

Quote:

Like Buffed I can't remember the last time I was incorrect about anything

is more like it, you might want to google "incoherent" also, as this term applies to a large mass of your current work
Weinertron +

random shoutbox generator

Times thanked
< 934

Fuck Everything Forever
claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760
bloody velocipede riders!
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,256
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cctv-expos...705-21jl5.html
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
moojins +

Times thanked
< 225
Again, the defendant was being tried on false evidence. What if the tapes were not restored, he could have faced jail time and a significant loss of future prospects because police lied in court. This is a truly troubling trend.
horst +

Times thanked
< 422
That's stunning, especially how they can be so brazen about it.
Makes you wonder how many people are in jail now because of false police testimony.

PS: Thread title changed to reflect that this isn't only about the shooting at Westfield Paramatta any more
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,067
Really, that only occured because the CCTV camera beeped in an unrespectful way. If it had the sense to follow the law and show respect to these police officers this never would've happened. No camera - no incident. It's not hard to see who's really at fault here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
moojins +

Times thanked
< 225
Is there any indication that the officers purposefully tried to destroy the tapes?
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,284
Holy fuck, this threads last few pages. First world problems or what?

No idea how good you have it.
Crazy people are ace doorslammers.

Full dark, no stars.
Fangoriously +

Fusion Aerodynamical Science

Times thanked
< 1,179
Yep, all that whinging and complaining that the police are trying to imprison people using false testimonies. Who'd have thought that people object to being imprisoned and beaten for no reason?
Aerodynamical Fusion Science Terminal Velocitising Scientician Experimentalising
horst +

Times thanked
< 422

Quote:

Originally Posted by moojins View Post

Is there any indication that the officers purposefully tried to destroy the tapes?

It's not even that important, the bigger step is the conspiracy by the policemen involved to concoct a story, and then lie in court.
horst +

Times thanked
< 422

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Holy fuck, this threads last few pages. First world problems or what?

No idea how good you have it.

That's the entire point, people in power must be scrupulously honest in a healthy functioning society, once the trust is gone it's incredibly hard to get it back as all of eastern Europe can testify.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,005
I just think that, on the balance of it, it's not a good thing for police to be lying when they give evidence
He is a cool guy...
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573
Sorry I'm busy at work again so been neglecting my ITM duties.

I'm not sure what angle you think I'm going to take on this. From the story it's clear that both the transit officers and police acted in a disgusting manner, I hope they're all sacked immediately (tho I know they won't) and that the poor chap gets proper compensation.

I don't have a blanket "the police are always right" approach, I just like to see how a story plays out before making a call.

Unlike most people on here who have a "the police are always wrong" attitude and wear appropriate blinkers, I'm capable of dealing with individual cases on their own merits.
Fewsion +

Registered troll

Times thanked
< 101
I applaud your objectivity, though I don't think that you have always "seen how a story plays out before making a call".
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fewsion View Post

I applaud your objectivity, though I don't think that you have always "seen how a story plays out before making a call".

Maybe not always, but never been afraid to modify a call. And often my calls have been right - such as happened with the chap at the cricket ground.
weekender +

Times thanked
< 524

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

Maybe not always, but never been afraid to modify a call. And often my calls have been right - such as happened with the chap at the cricket ground.

Signature worthy.....
"Old enough to know better"
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,067

Quote:

I make lots of sweeping judgements too, and I'm not afraid to bend one way or the other depending on further evidence coming to light. Lo and behold, it usually turns out my ultimate call is correct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
Fewsion +

Registered troll

Times thanked
< 101

Quote:

The same strike rate as a broken clock.
gonefishin +

Times thanked
< 391

Quote:

so that's your grand claim, that one time you were correct..... Bravo! lololol
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post

so that's your grand claim, that one time you were correct..... Bravo! lololol

So you wanted all the examples? I thought one would be enough to back-up a fairly mild claim.
claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760
no way man, we want the list!
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,005
I would start a 'things Dubz was right about' thread but there's not enough internet
He is a cool guy...
base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

Times thanked
< 2,426
Hello again thread

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/damning-vi...809-23wg5.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead

« Previous Thread Next Thread »