Sport and Fitness

Wabblies, Super 15 - All things Rugby

Tools
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
For 50 min of the game I thought we actually were playing a good wet weather game thats why we were parked in their 22. The pick n go and rolling mauls were working really well, even A. faingaa and barnes were getting involved tight. We needed to show patience and persistence but instead around the 55 min mark we panicked and started spinning it wide and to forwards one of the ruck which just played into the scots hands.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
bloody hell this thread is quit considering the excellent test matches on the weekend. AB's v Ireland was a huge surprise, I got to etihad stadium late because I was glued to the tv watching ireland get so close.
Wallabies have really surprised me and on the flip side wales have really disappointed. With so many injuries and the lack of preparation really expected the current 6 nations champs to roll us. They have hardly fired a shot, their only tries coming from turnovers/broken play. They need some nimble "shane williams" type backs to balance the big hulks like north, phillips and cuthbert.
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
I didn't watch the Aus - Wales game this week, but jeez Wales were disappointing in the first game. The really lack finesse and all round ball skills. If you get on top of a team like that physically they don't have much else to offer. Ireland are the same, I think they missed their chance to beat the All Blacks in those freezing conditions that nullified the ABs attack a little, I can't imagine NZ will get caught out like that again.
"...and I know that I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with. And I know that given the choice I probably wouldn't have chosen you as friends but I just wanna say that over the years I've come to regard you as........ people I met."
- Arnold Rimmer, Red Dwarf.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilsonrob View Post

I didn't watch the Aus - Wales game this week, but jeez Wales were disappointing in the first game. The really lack finesse and all round ball skills. If you get on top of a team like that physically they don't have much else to offer. Ireland are the same, I think they missed their chance to beat the All Blacks in those freezing conditions that nullified the ABs attack a little, I can't imagine NZ will get caught out like that again.

Ireland impressed because of how poor they were in the first game, their performance came out of the blue. It was a high octane tough game.
Wales on the other hand came here as grand slam winners and a load of hype, don't let the close score fool you they were just as disappointing in the 2nd game. I thought they'd really take it up to the aussies, was even scared that they'd win a game or two. But all they have done is played the waratahs players back into form.
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 860
Haha yeah I watched the second Aus v Wales game.. made me laugh to see the Waratahs players 'playing well', or maybe it was just Wales making them look good. Was surprising anyway.

Dramatic finish in that second game and feel great for the lad who kicked the winning goal off the bench

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acperience 1 View Post

Haha yeah I watched the second Aus v Wales game.. made me laugh to see the Waratahs players 'playing well', or maybe it was just Wales making them look good. Was surprising anyway.

Dramatic finish in that second game and feel great for the lad who kicked the winning goal off the bench

Nah they played well the week before too despite horne blowing a certain try.
To be fair I think apart from barnes the tahs players in the wallaby squad were all showing good form in last few weeks of s15 so their selections were warranted. The front row of robinson/TPN/Kepu is easily the best in aus and no one comes close to Palu as a no. 8 option.
Poor harris kicks the winning goal and is dropped from the 22 as reward lol
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
Didn't realize the game here tomorrow was a day game. Looking forward to watching that. You just can't beat the atmosphere that comes from playing rugby in the sunshine. I really hope more day games start creeping back.
"...and I know that I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with. And I know that given the choice I probably wouldn't have chosen you as friends but I just wanna say that over the years I've come to regard you as........ people I met."
jaebles +

makin' a pizzzzaaaa

Times thanked
< 150

Quote:

Didn't realize the game here tomorrow was a day game. Looking forward to watching that. You just can't beat the atmosphere that comes from playing rugby in the sunshine. I really hope more day games start creeping back.

Definitely; reminds me of the club and schoolboy rugby days.

Shame the food at the venues is worse than what we grew up on back then. Still, keen to head in to watch the Wallabies hopefully sweep the Welsh tomorrow arvo.

j.
For all your umbrella needs!
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

Times thanked
< 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by jutsy View Post

bloody hell this thread is quit considering the excellent test matches on the weekend. AB's v Ireland was a huge surprise, I got to etihad stadium late because I was glued to the tv watching ireland get so close.
Wallabies have really surprised me and on the flip side wales have really disappointed. With so many injuries and the lack of preparation really expected the current 6 nations champs to roll us. They have hardly fired a shot, their only tries coming from turnovers/broken play. They need some nimble "shane williams" type backs to balance the big hulks like north, phillips and cuthbert.

watched both games at an Irish pub in Auckland. A Wallabies scarf doesn't sit too well with the locals over there!

If only Ireland had one.... Sexton had kicked the lights out before that long range penalty - if only. All the kiwis were all packing dark ones!

Then our result to top it off.... great night
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64

Quote:

Originally Posted by TranceArt View Post

watched both games at an Irish pub in Auckland. A Wallabies scarf doesn't sit too well with the locals over there!

If only Ireland had one.... Sexton had kicked the lights out before that long range penalty - if only. All the kiwis were all packing dark ones!

Then our result to top it off.... great night

Was anyone in the pub booing saint richie and calling him a sh*t bloke after his "errant" knee to darcy's kidney?
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
What a steaming pile of crap this game is. FFS we finally get a day match, Sydney punters show up and get treated to this. No wonder the game is battling in this city.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,383
Lolireland. Blew their chance last week when the ABs cbf, getting absolutely raped tonite.
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
Take that Ireland
airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

Times thanked
< 11,914
Big deal you beat Ireland, not like that is hard
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,383

Quote:

Originally Posted by airconteka View Post

Big deal you beat Ireland, not like that is hard

Let's see you softcocks put 60 on them though.
airconteka +

Times thanked
< 11,914
Meh I was alluding to the fact we actually lost to them in the WC
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,383
Meh, I don't pay much attention to results between minnow nations.
airconteka +

Times thanked
< 11,914
meh, i'll cut you
Unspoilt by Progress
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64

Quote:

What a steaming pile of crap this game is. FFS we finally get a day match, Sydney punters show up and get treated to this. No wonder the game is battling in this city.

Game was shit, mainly due to:
-joubert blowing the pea out of the whistle, 24 penalties in total.
-Wallaby backline having feet for hands (beale looked bloody rusty but at least he set up the barnes linebreak and put horne over for the try)
- wales being cynical khunts for the 2nd week running, they realised in the first test that they couldnt keep up witht the pace and had no answer for pocock so for the last two games they have been flirting with the offside line at every breakdown and have niggled/blocked/held back pocock whenever possible. The ref last week let them get away with but joubert was onto it.

This was not the same welsh team from the World cup, priestland and phillips are shite. But at least they played alot better with ball in hand today than the last two games, still poor though.

All blacks were awesome, cruden was insane for the 20 min he was on, actually made SBW look like a test standard 12. But I knew it would be a blow out, Ireland were never going to get up for this game, they used everything in the tank last week and are the oldest team of the tier 1 nations.
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
Yea agree about Joubert. I like him as a ref usually but today he lost the plot. As you said way too many panalties combined with the debacle at scrum time ruined the game as a spectacle. Not to mention some pretty mediocre skills on display by both teams. The Aus line out was ridiculous.

Cruden tore Ireland a new one in that 25 mins he was on. He is a tremendous rugby player.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64

Quote:

Yea agree about Joubert. I like him as a ref usually but today he lost the plot. As you said way too many panalties combined with the debacle at scrum time ruined the game as a spectacle. Not to mention some pretty mediocre skills on display by both teams. The Aus line out was ridiculous.

Cruden tore Ireland a new one in that 25 mins he was on. He is a tremendous rugby player.

It scary to think that the AB's look even more dangerous with carter out and cruden in.

WB lineout was excellent the first two games, not sure if TPN's radar was off or the new lock combo didn't gel well. I'd like to persist with timani though, we really need a big bloke like him on the park.
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

Times thanked
< 92
joubert at scrum time was a fucking debacle!

kurtley was rusty as shit. good positional, bad skill
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
It was a night of 2 games tonight. The Crusaders Chiefs game was brilliant, 2 great teams going hard out. Meanwhile what a steaming pile of crap the Reds Highlanders game was, mistake after mistake mixed with a thousand penalties. Disappointing but predictable end to the season for the Highlanders, they have been rubbish for last part of the season, really missing a quality first five. Still some interesting results to come.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64

Quote:

It was a night of 2 games tonight. The Crusaders Chiefs game was brilliant, 2 great teams going hard out. Meanwhile what a steaming pile of crap the Reds Highlanders game was, mistake after mistake mixed with a thousand penalties. Disappointing but predictable end to the season for the Highlanders, they have been rubbish for last part of the season, really missing a quality first five. Still some interesting results to come.

I wouldnt call it a crap game just not an entertaining game but still quite engrossing. It was similar to the reds v brumbies game a few weeks ago, two team throwing everything into disrupting the breakdown coupled with a whistle happy ref (27 bloody penalties).
Cooper played one of his most mature games, defended at 10 instead of at 15 and didnt miss to many, took the ball into contact when under pressure instead of throwing hail mary passes and still managed to make a few breaks.
Hopefully gill and ioane come back next week.
didnt get a chance to see the chiefs game but will watch the replay tmrw, looking forward to shark v bulls too, should be corker. I tipped bulls cos lambie and alberts are out injured/
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
Yea maybe if you saw the other game first you would have a different opinion. The difference was night and day.

Just a little out on your Bull prediction.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Damn just saw the score that makes it very tough for the reds to sneak into the 6.
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

Times thanked
< 92
Waratahs lose another by less than 5 points. They must have racked up a BP record for losses within 7 this season
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
so the sbw circus continues. He leaves union just as he was on the verge of actually living upto the hype but having not really proved anything, a great series against the irish but thats hardly the same as having a blinder against Boks, WB's, French etc.
I hope the AB's dont welcome with opens arms a year or two out from the next WC. He is no carter he has not earned the right for 1 year sabbatical.
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
Yea, it is a shame that he is being lost to rugby just when he was on the verge of greatness. I have been trying to look at this thing objectively, on the one hand, as a very keen ABs and rugby supporter, it sucks we are losing him. Why he would want to waste his superior talent and skill in the NRL is beyond me. On the other hand he is a professional sportsman and leaving a job for better money or conditions or challenges elsewhere is no different to what most of us would do in our chosen professions, should it really be any different for sportspeople? I don't know the answer.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64

Quote:

Yea, it is a shame that he is being lost to rugby just when he was on the verge of greatness. I have been trying to look at this thing objectively, on the one hand, as a very keen ABs and rugby supporter, it sucks we are losing him. Why he would want to waste his superior talent and skill in the NRL is beyond me. On the other hand he is a professional sportsman and leaving a job for better money or conditions or challenges elsewhere is no different to what most of us would do in our chosen professions, should it really be any different for sportspeople? I don't know the answer.

Yeah but he could do that in the twilight of his career like most unions players do. But I dont begrudge him going back to league for the money at all, I begrudge the sentiment that he is going for one year and will come back in time for the next world cup. I dont like the fact that hansen and Tew attend a press conference and essentially say they will welcome him back with open arms if he decides to return.
The ABs are one of the greatest teams in any sport and it should be a privilege to represent them. Concessions like this should only be made for great servants of the game like carter or joe roff when they were given one year sabbaticals to play in france. SBW has not earn the right (yet) to receive the same concessions.
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
But that's the thing, surely he can make more loot playing Rugby than league. Why go to league at all? He said in the press conference that he wasn't into league any more but was going because he made a verbal agreement with someone at some stage? He wasn't too worried about keeping his word when he quit the Bulldogs in the middle of the night.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Yeah it just seems like such a impulsive move, I didn't rate him that highly last year but he has really improved as a union player this year and it is disappointing that he's leaving before he gets a chance to prove himself in a bledisloe or boks v ab's game.
On the other hand as wallaby supporter desperate to see us lift the bledisloe I applaud his decision lol.
mischa21 +

yessum

Times thanked
< 3,072
^hahaha. agree. it's hard to get upset when he seems so transient and disloyal. but then it's a job, and as if you wouldn't go when you had the opportunity to earn more moullah and play world cup footy. not a bad thing to have everyone knocking on your door.

was a tough round to tip this weekend
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
Crazy finish at the top of the table. The Brumbies are the hard luck story but only have themselves to blame after being soundly beaten by the terrible Blues.

I want to know what would happen should the Crusaders and the Reds both win their next 2 games. Where would the final be? The Reds have finished 3rd but are 6th on the table. It has higlighted the flaws in the 3 conference system really.
mischa21 +

yessum

Times thanked
< 3,072
what an exciting weekend ahead!

I think both matches are going to be close. C'mon Reds!
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Anyone who still thinks ewen mckenzie would do a better job with wb's than deans after this year should have their fucken head examined.

U can blame injuries but the real reason the reds were a shadow of the 2011 team is that their pack has been a bunch of soft cocks for the majority of the year.
The main problem for wb's is the pack being soft so not sure how link would fix anything. And genia at 10? Wtf
Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Times thanked
< 1,284
Still Reds best Oz team by a long shot
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Nah im a reds fan too but b4 leiliafanno and toomua went down the brumbies looked a much better team this year. Brumbies pack played with hunger reds pack played like a team still thinking they were top shit after last years performance.
I hope this loss will stop the bleating from qld'ers demanding Reds players being selected for every position in wb 15.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Fuck link was about to strangle kafe when he asked him about the genia to ten move
Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Times thanked
< 1,284
yeh true Brumbies not to shabby.

My comment was directed at NSW but they are use to it
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Its a bit worrying for the wallabies really, even our 2 best s15 teams have Been very average this year.
And with oconnor missing the 2 bleds tests and the assault charge hanging over beale, where is the spark going to come from?
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Cop that richie!
Great first half, aussie derby quality 2nd half.
Carter and mccaw really havent had good seasons..... Which probably kick ass in the tri nations
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
despite all the whingeing about the conference system the two best teams have made the final for the 2nd year in a row. The chiefs have been great all year and the sharks were the form team heading into the finals.
Hate to be a stormers player, two years in a row they have choked at home after getting the first week off.

Also feel bad for the force, not sure where they go from here but cant question pocock's decision, it would be hard for a young bloke to put up with the force management for 7 years. They still have no idea who will coach them next year so cant blame him.
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
Yea, The Force thing is not good for Australian rugby at all.

The Sharks were great again on Saturday night, that game was so physical, good to see the conservative style of rugby failing when it comes to the crunch. It is mind boggling that a team that scored the least tries in the whole competition (The Warratahs even scored more) was top qualifier.

I think this weeks game may be one too many for The Sharks (a bit like The Crusaders last year), the travel factor will surely catch them up. Should be a good game though.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64

Quote:

Yea, The Force thing is not good for Australian rugby at all.

The Sharks were great again on Saturday night, that game was so physical, good to see the conservative style of rugby failing when it comes to the crunch. It is mind boggling that a team that scored the least tries in the whole competition (The Warratahs even scored more) was top qualifier.

I think this weeks game may be one too many for The Sharks (a bit like The Crusaders last year), the travel factor will surely catch them up. Should be a good game though.

yeah pretty bummed that they had to play a day and a half later than the chiefs too. I would've thought both games would be played on the saturday.
THe flight factor will hamper them but its still a fair situation as the chiefs finished 2nd so deserve a bit of advantage.
Yeah the two best Saffa teams in my mind were the sharks and the cheetahs prior to goosen going down, they both played attractive rugby too. Its a shame that michalak never got a good run at 10 for the french he is a class above all their other tens in the last decade.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Scary to think this bloke is only 20 years old, not many people can put bismark on his ass like this.
Media Player
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

Times thanked
< 92
Massive hit!

I hope the Sharks don't win. When they dusted up an OK team maybe 6-8 weeks back I meant to put money on them but didn't
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Sharks have been the form team for the last 5-7 weeks.
But they will lose cos of fatigue. No way that they can overcome the travel factor.
Tubby +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Stormers played half the season without any of their first choice loose forwards, and that is typically their main strength. Vermuelen and burger are hard to replace, thy got rolled in the round sharks game in the breakdown. Defense isn't by any small margin the best in the competition, last year they conceded half the points of the second best defense.
Grant had a shocker on Saturday with the boot and handling, and still only lost by 7.

With the sharks for the final is theirs to lose, just got to overcome that travel.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,383
Carn the Chiefs!! Well deserved, best team all year.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »