Gaming, Computers, Phones, and Gadgets

Recommend a modem/router

Page 2 of 2
  Tools
KuRuPTeD +

you gonna get raped

Times thanked
< 1,363
I would like to see a revised 7800n with the faux-nas feature of the linksys/cisco e2400

that would be boss

unless one already is available?
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,249
Hmm i happen to get the same thing on my phone. What option is it? I had a quick look earlier but i couldnt find it.
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 8,812

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuRuPTeD View Post

I would like to see a revised 7800n with the faux-nas feature of the linksys/cisco e2400

that would be boss

unless one already is available?

you mean like a transfer your call to wifi/voip thing?

http://fritzbox.com.au/product-fritz-wlan7390.html
they can do that. reports say they can be a bit flaky & support from ZE GERMANS is usually a big fuck you deal with it if you do actually get a response.
they're significantly more exxy than a 7800N as well
JustinJ +

It was a good speech. Didn't want to interrupt.

Times thanked
< 3,514

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho View Post

interedasting, my wi-fi occasionally drops out when im sitting on the couch with my macbook air. i had assumed that the airport card was overheating from shitty ventilation. will investigate because i also factory reset mine when my internets wasn't working (aka workers cut my phone line).

I thought my wireless card was on the way out and I bought a new wireless mini-dongle (was going to any ways to get the faster data transfer).

Quote:

Originally Posted by diarx View Post

Oops, yeah I had it set to a single channel, but I did a factory reset before sending it to you.

No biggie. I think it was on single channel to begin with and I changed it to auto-search thinking that it'll find the optimal channel and stick with it.
KuRuPTeD +

you gonna get raped

Times thanked
< 1,363
Nah more so the built in upnp server

http://home.cisco.com/en-apac/products/routers/E4200
ChiasticSlide +

is this thing on?

Times thanked
< 40
TP-Link TD-W8960N $59.95 at Umart. They handle heavy torrenting like a champ and the chipset is especially good if you live far from your exchange or have a noisy line. I've used one for a while now, bought one for my parents and several of my friends use them. All very happy with it.
"It's got to be in the bedroom basically. You get to do tracks in the nude and if you're working in the studio, you just can't do that. It's not really practical." -- Aphex Twin on making music
jaebles +

makin' a pizzzzaaaa

Times thanked
< 150
Thread bump!

I'm a huge fan of the 7800N, but I'm trying to find a router with dual band N spec wireless.

Is there one with a Broadcom ADSL interface and a decent number of gigE ports (4 minimum) which does dual band N? The E4200 is almost there but I'm looking for an all-in-one, or seeing what's out there.
For all your umbrella needs!
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 15,177
If you are willing to stump up a bit more $ there are the new Cisco smb options, it's a fair bit more for gigabit switching though. A $20 yumcha switch can be a lot more economic in that instance.
diarx +

mctte

Times thanked
< 3,498

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaebles View Post

Thread bump!

I'm a huge fan of the 7800N, but I'm trying to find a router with dual band N spec wireless.

Is there one with a Broadcom ADSL interface and a decent number of gigE ports (4 minimum) which does dual band N? The E4200 is almost there but I'm looking for an all-in-one, or seeing what's out there.

The truth is, unless you're prepared to fork out for the fritzbox 7390 there just isn't a decent home adsl2 dual band N AIO modem router.

Without ISP promos you're looking at $275 delivered, minimum.

http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/...ox+7390&spos=1
Let Life Support and Dr Rudi do it right for you.

Last edited by diarx: 17-May-12 at 12:13pm

SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,368
Alrport Extreme plus an el-cheapo ADSL2+ modem in bridge mode maybe? Still close to $250 all up though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

^mmmm all this talk of meat is getting me excited.

timmyd1200 +

Times thanked
< 1
i've seen them on ebay for a bit less but they go quickly
Page 2 of 2

« Previous Thread Next Thread »