inthemix newsroom

Creamfields @ Sydney EQ, Sydney (29/04/2012)

Tools
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 333
Sounds fucking awful, but nice write up none the less.
Chemo +

Times thanked
< 13
Was MUCH worse than it sounds here... Many people didn't get into the HiFi at all at various stages of the day, in the afternoon we almost got trampled to death when the two bouncers couldn't handle the crowds anymore and the sound quality on the main stage was just appalling.
My biggest question is: what the heck were they thinking with using the tiny Hifi as the second stage- when I saw that on the map, it was clear to become an absolute disaster. Maybe someone here knows more- I seemed like a really big error to me rather than on purpose. Meanwhile, the Hordern and the RHI remained empty all night- why?
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,918
yeah, i dont see this festival returning next year. sounds absolutely shit (well written review though)
beyondandabove +

Times thanked
< 37
Was soooo unbelievably shit! An absolute insult to everyone involved. The Dj's, the crowd! and of course the cream brand. Worst sound I have ever heard at a festival! And what was up with the stupid drink ticketing thing? I just wanted a single beer but I had to buy a 30 dollar drink card! I said to my g/f there's no way this festival will be back next year. Great review though!
Elliot G +

Times thanked
< 36
wow, sounds terrible. reads well though, nice job :)
rickybonomini +

Times thanked
< 0
Cant say I agree with this at all although Creamfields was not the best festival I've been to It most certainly was not the worst. I didnt notice any audio issues on the main stage except for when Dirty South's set was stopped for some odd reason in the middle.
I went way back from the stage during Alesso's set after going crazy to some of Congorock's heaviest drops and could still here it perfectly fine and loud (Unlike Stereosonic Brisbane last year)
David Guetta's set although being littered with his mainstream tracks was quite entertaining. The remix he played of Beastie Boys - Intergelactic was insane and alot of the other tracks he dropped I had never come across before, a rare occurance for me
All in all a good day and was worth the cheap $110 I payed for the ticket compared to what I've previously forked out for other festivals

« Previous Thread Next Thread »