Music News

Live now: Brisbane DJ challenging Smokin Joe's record

Page 1 of 3
  Tools
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
< 3,318
Bandwagoner
B_e_de +

It's more fun if you just follow the script

Times thanked
< 7,331
I sincerely hope this douche fails.
Ben Royal +

Times thanked
< 127
SJM 4 LIFE
LifeOnMTV +

==============

Times thanked
< 461
:lol:

Nice. He may get there without woooooooo ing at all.
katiecunningham +

ITM 4 LYF

Times thanked
< 326
Have to say, not a whole lot of mixing going on.
Kennyk +

Times thanked
< 8
I tuned in, just to have a listen/watch
worst music I have ever heard.....
Pina Colada Boy - Baby Alice
thunderbot +

Times thanked
< 24
HE ISN'T EVEN MIXING HE'S SITTING IN A FKN CHAR!!!!
thunderbot +

Times thanked
< 24
ARE DEM SLUTZ ON DA COUCH!?
wally55 +

Times thanked
< 0
Money says he won't make it!!!!!
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

Times thanked
< 3,155
i hope he realises he forgot to turn the stove off at home
i_have_ADD +

ipad 2

Times thanked
< 82
if he drops a mix the timer should reset back to zero
randomneurosis +

Times thanked
< 0
aww. he's dropped a mix. he didn't mix out of michael jackson's thriller. I thought he's a dj? could have just turned the autocue off and the cdj will keep playing track after track..
ben otago +

Times thanked
< 1
wtf , hes not djing at all, they should kick him off the decks
Warn-A-Brotha +

Times thanked
< 253
Currently sitting in a chair, text messaging. FAIL.
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Times thanked
< 1,905
Sounds like the music they play at my gym
dn-ul +

yooo

Times thanked
< 1,174
damn wish i could take back my view count
garry_todd +

Times thanked
< 19
SJM !!!!!!!!!!! WWOOOO!!!
lawlietskyy +

its showtime ! *Arnold Voice*.

Times thanked
< 418
This guy's music choice is amazingly .. shit.
FilthyDuB +

Times thanked
< 0
Thats okay, all you guys can be keyboard warriors over the internet. Id like to see half of you do this attempt and succeed LIKE HE WILL! Your negative comments only fuel his determination to succeed. This ''Douche" has a lot of talent and has a massive support group. as for your comments about his music, I know i wouldn't want to sit there for 7 and a half days listening to the same shit. When he succeeds and has made a name for himself you'll still be stuck in your shitty 9-5 jobs getting paid shit all while he does something he loves and gets recognised for it.
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Times thanked
< 1,905
Ok get defensive then
DJ Charlie P +

fallowing DJ Hertz in his dj marathon. he will make it ?

Times thanked
< 2
good energy DJ congrats
LifeOnMTV +

==============

Times thanked
< 461
I guess you do need someone like Joe to make a 7 day set remotely interesting.
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 17,673
The music really is bad. Anyway woo etc.
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

Times thanked
< 3,155
@filthydub....my job is 9:30-5:45 and i sometimes leave at 5:30 and still get paid for it...winning!!
G-TECH +

Times thanked
< 8
Boring as bat shit. At least smokin Joe was in a club with an audience.

This guy looks like he is in his lounge room mixing to a couple of mates

There is definitely no wooooooo from this guy
FreeWeekend +

Times thanked
< 1
gay
Hypnosis +

Times thanked
< 0
Seems to be a lot of stupid comments on here which is a surprise. How about a bit of encouragement and support for your fellow aussie man instead of trying to cut that person down who is trying to achieve a goal? It's a good effort and I hope he get's there.
Hypnosis +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-TECH View Post

Boring as bat shit. At least smokin Joe was in a club with an audience.

This guy looks like he is in his lounge room mixing to a couple of mates

There is definitely no wooooooo from this guy

People have jobs? The place was packed over the weekend and I'm sure it will be this weekend too. What's with people cutting down on others who are trying to achieve something? Get a grip folks. Try and be a little more positive and encouraging in your day to day life and you might find you're happier!

(Not just aimed at you G-Tech despite my quoting of you)
zealbee +

Times thanked
< 121
So shit. The lemon is just sitting down playing with his phone.
B_e_de +

Times thanked
< 7,331
What sort of level of entitlement are he and his groupies rolling with if they think that just because he's "trying" means he deserves all the love and support of the world? SJM earned it by being somebody worthy of respect and admiration. A likeable character who also did charity work. Not only that, but he actually got involved with the community here and locally in Sydney. He earned support and he got it.

What's this douche done to deserve it exactly? Played a truckload of terrible tracks, rarely even attempted to mix anything, fluffed his pork pie hat and spit-shined his ridiculously tacky jewellery with the semen of his groupies?

You don't GET respect just because you feel some level of unjustified entitlement. You EARN it. Welcome to reality. If his fragile ego can't take it, then he can go back to being a backroom generic small club DJ, just like he is now and just like will be even if he succeeds at this record. And let's be honest, are people actually delusional enough to be convinced that even if he does break the record he'll all of a sudden be come headlining, highly sought after Ibiza-style DJ? That he'll be rising above a huge platform above ~teh haterz~, showered in golden wine and record contracts flowing forth from the briefcases of every record company in the world?

No.

He's not marketable in the eyes of any record company.

He's not talented enough to be anything more than generic.

He's not anyone more special than the next vanilla backroom DJ, with only his own inflated ego and the empty testimonies of local groupies to prop up an unjustified sense of self worth.

So go on Hertz. Go break it. Who knows - you'll possibly break this record! And what will result of it exactly? You'll get trashed with your mates/groupies (you can't tell who's who at this point in time anyway), have a huge afterparty and go around making huge claims about how you're ~teh best DJ in the world~.. and then two weeks later when you realise your life is no more different than it was two weeks ago you can at least stop your own sobbing by wistfully repeating to yourself "at least I did this... at least I did this..." into your pillow each night.
XianBabiii +

Times thanked
< 0
@b_e_de you previous comment shows how seriously illiterate you are. SJM didnt even get a penned record attempt! You are clearly a Sydney resident if you seem to know so much about SJM, also explains hy you know so little in regards to this brisbane based DJ.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ANY OF YOU KEYBOARD WARRIORS SHOW HALF THE STAMINA, DETERMINATION AND GENEROSITY THIS GUY HAS EVEN IN THE LAST 71 HOURS.... !!
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

Times thanked
< 3,155
when you make claims of illiteracy you want to be very sure there are no spelling mistakes...very very sure

hy u ask?? well u dont want to look like a dick
B_e_de +

Times thanked
< 7,331
I've lived in Brisbane since I was 4 years old. I hold no territorial obligations to anyone.

And 5 points for the 'illiterate' call when you can't even type to save your life.
chrisroom +

Times thanked
< 1
wow i know this wont be easy, but i think there should be some sort of rule on the mixing technique. and yes it looks like this is in someones lounge room where a booth is set up, piss that big chair off it is not helping the look, use a small one that isn't taking up so much room. also i think its a little rough that SJM is being challenged so close to his win, but keep going who knows you could beat him and its still pretty cool bragging rights for a world record no matter what its for.
Mike-O-Sito +

cowbell

Times thanked
< 382
meh
Hypnosis +

Times thanked
< 0
Looks like there is just a lot of jealous people if you ask me. :)
RennyMcRenRen +

Times thanked
< 0
Just putting it out there SJM Actually did'nt get the world record... Oh another point Hertz actually is a resident dj at Family nightclub in Brisbane... Nice to see so many people slagging him rather than support him... I thought that all the "Aussies" would be a bit more patriotic and give him a nice big "FUCK YEAH YOU CAN DO IT" attitude but clearly not!! Hell if you think you can do better give it a go...
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 3,007
^ but that wasn't known at the time, and it simply means this guy has to beat 150 hrs
No one is really against this guy's attempt, good on him for giving it a go, the point SJM has built a loyal following on ITM, and we all support him. we dont know this guy, and we aren't going to shift our support, its that simple

Last edited by special ed: 08-May-12 at 12:38pm

m_xt +

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803

Times thanked
< 1,489
It's true Ed.

Man, this guy is just leaning back in a chair looking bored. Not entertaining.
Nashbridges +

Times thanked
< 3
When somebody can play 150 hours of decent house, ill care.
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
gangas gunna gang go random dude .
B_e_de +

Times thanked
< 7,331
"Looks like there is just a lot of jealous people if you ask me. "
-Hypnosis

Incredibly cliché and overdone thing to say. If anyone was jealous, they'd be wanting to live vicariously through him (for god knows why) by possibly hanging off his dick like a groupie.

Rennymcrenren, do all Aussies also wear Philadelphia Flyers hats without even knowing who their fucking leading goal scorer is? Oh, they don't? Well then I guess most Aussies don't just donate their semen to some douche *just because*... And don't play the nationality card. that's the war cry for racist bogans in this country to gather under a banner - Being Australian has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

If you're just gonna give props, respect and admiration to whatever no-name attention-grabbing fuckwit comes your way then your respect must be worth as much as the dirt on the back of my heel. Except that at least said dirt could mix better.
trouble hifire +

wax addict

Times thanked
< 105
well played bede.
Hypnosis +

Times thanked
< 0
"If you're just gonna give props, respect and admiration to whatever no-name attention-grabbing fuckwit comes your way then your respect must be worth as much as the dirt on the back of my heel. "

He's had to wade through all the planning, all the build up, plus the courage to actually take it on despite the obvious mental and physical hardship that he will face. His likely motivation being to 1. achieve something others have not 2. promoting himself as a DJ 3. promoting dance music and DJing in general. Probably in that order too. He's plays regularly throughout Brisbane and the Gold Coast's top clubs, is as good of a DJ as the next guy, has a good following and does more than most in Brisbane to promote not just himself but other DJ's in the industry events.

If that doesn't earn your "respect" you are an idiot. Well, I've actually already drawn that conclusion so I guess you would be a douche as well.

To address the people making comments like "he's just sitting there on his phone"...what do you think he's going to stand there for 7 days straight dancing away with his mind in the mix? The record is to mix for 7 days, he can do whatever the fuck he wants in between mixes. Good luck to anyone who tries to replicate this record and DOESN'T sit around in between mixes.

Get a brain will ya.

I'll also add that I don't even really know DJ Hertz so I have absoulutely nothing to gain from my comments. I just can't sit here watching idiots make idiot comments.
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Times thanked
< 3,951
I had a peep at the stream ... i watched a guy check his phone for a bit ... then fade some tracks ... talk to some girls walking past etc etc ... it was like watching a Big Brother special ... but with worse music.
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,293
yeah just tuned in then. shocking. he is just sitting there in his chair talking to some guy and the music is horrible. doesn't look like anyone is even there either?
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Times thanked
< 3,951

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post

To address the people making comments like "he's just sitting there on his phone"...what do you think he's going to stand there for 7 days straight dancing away with his mind in the mix? The record is to mix for 7 days, he can do whatever the fuck he wants in between mixes. Good luck to anyone who tries to replicate this record and DOESN'T sit around in between mixes.

What he really should be doing ... is drinking games ... like, jager bombs n all!
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com

*musical needs most likely not met
m_xt +

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803

Times thanked
< 1,489
I like how you put a hockey reference in your post bede.
B_e_de +

Times thanked
< 7,331
"He's had to wade through all the planning, all the build up, plus the courage to actually take it on despite the obvious mental and physical hardship that he will face. His likely motivation being to 1. achieve something others have not 2. promoting himself as a DJ 3. promoting dance music and DJing in general. Probably in that order too. He's plays regularly throughout Brisbane and the Gold Coast's top clubs, is as good of a DJ as the next guy, has a good following and does more than most in Brisbane to promote not just himself but other DJ's in the industry events."

If that doesn't earn your "respect" you are an idiot. Well, I've actually already drawn that conclusion so I guess you would be a douche as well."
-Hypnosis

And who do you think was #1 in his head during all Hertz's amazing hardships of "planning" it? What was his driving force? Let you in on a little secret - it's himself and noone but himself. He's not doing this for charity, for the betterment of a cause or the industry or for any greater good except for himself. At least Smoking Joe had the balls to front and admit that he was a self promo whore - but at least he made people smile and laugh THEN went on to do charity gigs.

Courage? Determination? What the fuck is he doing exactly, giving blood to orphans whilst scaling Mt Everest to reach the pinnacle where a dying childs cat is stuck, so he can rescue it for him? No. He's organised a way, a place and the means of supporting a stunt that only profits his own unjustified ego and probably even scoring a bit more on the side from sponsorship. If that's worthy of respect then you've got a twisted and juvenile sense of the word.
annie2069 +

Times thanked
< 0
so does he get sleep breaks???
Page 1 of 3

« Previous Thread Next Thread »