Tools
sonicc +

>O__/ QuACK >O__/ QuACK >O__/ QuACK

Times thanked
< 3,314
Bikie Wars - Brothers in Arms
Media Player
Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms (2012) Official Sneak Peek Trailer HD - YouTube

Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms is a six-part Australian drama miniseries, to be screened on Network Ten on 15 May 2012. Bikie Wars is based on the book Brothers in Arms by Lindsay Simpson and Sandra Harvey.

The series tells the true story of the Milperra massacre, when the Bandidos and the Comancheros motorcycle clubs went to war on Father's Day, Sunday 2 September 1984. The massacre had its beginnings after a group of Comancheros broke away and formed the first Bandidos Motorcycle Club chapter in Australia. This resulted in intense rivalry between the two chapters. At a public swap meet at the Viking Hotel at Milperra, a brief but violent battle ensued with seven people shot dead, including a 14 year old innocent bystander. A further 28 people were wounded with 20 requiring hospitalisation

Anyone else going to give this one a look?
Cats are not actually smaller than horses, they are just further away - ITM PROVERB

Last edited by sonicc: 14-May-12 at 09:42am

BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
< 1,088
I only can't look away cause of that dudes bung eye

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry2234 View Post

People need to learn how fucking dance rather then playing with there phones rocking side to side

Davomaxi +

The Rock says this....

Times thanked
< 886
Sounds like a potentially interesting plotline, but consider me pretty cynical about commercial TV productions of this sort. It looks line another Underbelly style overproduced, overdirected, ham handed, shitty acted cheesy aussie production. Won't be tuning in.

If it was done more in an ABC style 'Wildside' type thing then I'd be more interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
mogmac +

Times thanked
< 106
i recon bungeye mcdrasic only gets roles these days because of his bungeye.
gurneyhalleck +

Times thanked
< 3,685
Cough * ripping off Gerald Butler's accent

Quote:

You have done something to your brain. You have made it high. If I lay 10 mils of Diazepam on you, you will do something else to your brain. You will make it low. Why trust one drug and not the other? That’s politics innit?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

I just pumped a shit, feels good man...

Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
Is this series going to be like 5mins of action and the rest of it bs talk in each episode?
[Put Signature Here]
Portal +

Work that motherf#$ker

Times thanked
< 924
I didn't think aussie tv could stoop any lower, then I saw this commercial

FMD
dart +

marching up and down the square

Times thanked
< 348
i've seen the preview a few times, some of the guys remind me of my dad, it's all very 70s, beer in cans, guns.

Full Frequency Wednesdays on RTR FM 92.1 ~ www.rtrfm.com.au

www.inthemix.com.au/forum ~ known troublemaker
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,918
this show hasn't even started yet, but i already hate it for 3 reasons.
1. its a cheap aussie rip off of sons of anarchy
2. channel 10 are deliberately using the "bikie war" in the media at the moment as a blatant tool for promotion
3. its another "underbelly" OTT production of 'real events', blown out of proportion
soundcloud
mixcloud

New Mixes

Dear Summer, with thanks
Earth Rhythm
Ina Dub Sound
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 4,768
It's not a cheap rip off of SoA, considering it's all based on the real story

But yeah it is a bit silly. I'll give the first episode a go I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

I think you obviously dont understand what i'm trying to say.

special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,918
what i meant was they've taken the "aussie bikie war" story and cashed in on the success of SOA. even though its a 'true story', its typically unoriginal
soundcloud
mixcloud

New Mixes

Dear Summer, with thanks
Earth Rhythm
Ina Dub Sound
BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
< 1,088
No, but you guise are forgetting about the 'Dunnea wannea miss Dallas next Wednesdee' line in the promo... this is gonna be frikkin witty as shit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry2234 View Post

People need to learn how fucking dance rather then playing with there phones rocking side to side

sonicc +

Times thanked
< 3,314
I’m annoyed that I will still watch it mainly because there is nothing else on. And I always bloody get sucked in by these stupid underbelly shows.
Cats are not actually smaller than horses, they are just further away - ITM PROVERB
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
< 3,241

Quote:

Originally Posted by dart View Post

beer in cans

Nothing wrong with beer in cans.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
Davomaxi +

The Rock says this....

Times thanked
< 886
luv the cans on that one

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
< 1,147

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portal View Post

I didn't think aussie tv could stoop any lower, then I saw this commercial

FMD

Have you not seen the ads for "Being Lara Bingle"???
Pete Gordon - Who Said Prog Was Dead?

My favourite slices of proggy goodness from 2013 (ish)...

http://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/wh...-prog-was-dead
BumblingBee +

is a dick

Times thanked
< 2,651
that's high end art though kiwi, just goes over most peoples heads is all
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

Have you not seen the ads for "Being Lara Bingle"???

And...the soon to be aired...The Shire

There's a common theme coming out of Channel 10...Aussie..Bogan...LAME!
[Put Signature Here]
Tha Gooch +

wut wut

Times thanked
< 101
dont understand the hate to be honest

I love the underbelly series - and will probably love this

the ads havent indicated it will be sh*t - quite the contrary - the ad where they are talking about not missing Dallas (daytime sopa opera) made me crack up

seriously you jaded ****s - it will be better than marterchef or any of the other puss sh*t on TV at the moment where you have to endure the backstorey of every fucking tool wanting to be a star and the sob storey (voice / masterchef / block etc.. etc..)

looking forward to tonight !
sonicc +

Times thanked
< 3,314
Bit of an epic read but a quite interesting insight into the whole "massacre"

Spoiler:
The Comancheros club split precipitated one of Australia's bloodiest episodes of bikie violence, writes Alex Caine in this extract from his book on the rise of the Bandidos around the world

Donald Chambers, the founder of the Bandidos, was paroled in 1983 and retired from the club. He settled in El Paso, Texas, where he lived out his life in relative peace, his Bandidos tattoos all covered or removed.

Shortly after Chambers’ release and retirement, the Bandidos decided to expand overseas. No doubt they had seen the Hells Angels doing the same, but the decision to act seems to have been prompted by an overture from the other side of the world. Australia was already home to several bike clubs, spread around the country, with the heaviest concentration in New South Wales. One of the largest of these was the Comancheros. The club was founded in 1966, the same year the Bandidos were born in Texas.

Some of the Comancheros, including Sydney "city" chapter president Arthur "Snodgrass" Spencer, had travelled to the US. While they were there, they met with the Bandidos. The Australians had easy access to P2P (phenyl-2-propanone), a chemical used in the manufacture of methamphetamine and available legally in Australia. They were interested in supplying the Americans. In the US, P2P was a controlled substance.

Snodgrass was impressed by the American bikers, and the Bandidos seem to have liked the Australians. They hung out and partied, to the point that in some cases charges were actually laid, though none seem to have been serious.

In 1983, the Comancheros had two chapters: the city chapter in downtown Sydney run by Snodgrass and another based in Parramatta, a suburb just a few kilometres west of Sydney. This chapter was run by William "Jock" Ross, who was the national president of the club and who had brought Snodgrass into the Comancheros in the first place. Ross, a Scot who orginally hailed from Glasgow, had begun to make changes within the club, apparently trying to make it into more of a paramilitary organisation.

Snodgrass did not agree with this direction; he wanted to be a biker (or "bikie," as they are known in Australia), not a soldier. He and several other Comancheros resigned from the club, burning their colours in a ceremonial bonfire. Snodgrass then approached the Bandidos in the US, seeking approval for an Australian Bandidos chapter. He had felt a kinship with the Americans and their ways, and found their approach matched his ideas, much more so than those of his former Comanchero brothers.

Australia was a good choice for the Bandidos because of its vast unregulated territory — and because they could acquire P2P easily and legally. After their American visit, Snodgrass and his associates were also a known quantity and in 1983 the first Australian chapter of the Bandidos was created in Sydney. They lived the biker lifestyle to the hilt, and quickly became famous for their wild parties, among other things.

The surviving chapter of the Comancheros, led by Jock Ross, took great exception to what they characterised as an American invasion. They were already angry with Snodgrass and his associates for leaving the club. This new alliance with a foreign club only made it worse. The new Bandidos in turn wanted nothing to do with any Comancheros who wouldn’t patch over to them.

An intense rivalry developed between the two groups, with the inevitable minor clashes and flashes of violence. There was also ongoing conflict with the other Australian outlaw gangs (like the local Hells Angels and the Rebels) for control of the drug trade, along with other criminal activities like prostitution and gun running. It was the formula for disaster that the Bandidos thrived on. And, as you’d expect, within a year these conflicts came to a head.

On Father’s Day 1984 in Sydney’s Milperra, the British Motorcycle Club, a tough but unaffiliated bike club, organised a swap meet — a family day, complete with a lamb roasting on the spit — to celebrate the move of their headquarters to the Viking Tavern. They clearly didn’t expect that the new Bandidos and the remaining Comancheros would show.

Tensions between the two clubs had been ratcheting up. In August of 1984 war was officially declared, reportedly after a telephone conversation between Snodgrass and Jock Ross. This meant that members of the two clubs would now be attacking their rivals whenever and wherever they could.

Several Bandidos turned up at the home of Glen Eaves, a member of the Comancheros, on the morning of the swap meet and told him that they would be at the Viking Tavern later, effectively throwing down the gauntlet. The Comancheros were more than willing to respond to this challenge; by one o’clock that afternoon, a heavily armed group of them were waiting in the parking lot. The Bandidos arrived shortly afterwards on their bikes, also armed to the teeth, and followed by a van carrying extra weapons. Both gangs had turned up equipped with a variety: baseball bats, knives, chains, iron bars and both shotguns and rifles.

The two gangs lined up on either side of the parking lot, bristling and posturing across the asphalt. Then Comancheros leader Jock Ross, brandishing a machete, gave the order to his men to "Kill ‘em all!" and it began. As terrified bystanders scurried for cover behind cars and trees, the bikers attacked each other, shotgun blasts and rifle fire ringing out through the noise and confusion.

Over 200 police officers were called to the scene, but they arrived too late to prevent the carnage. In the melee, which lasted only about 10 minutes, 20 people were injured and seven were killed: four Comancheros, two Bandidos and a teenage girl who was shot in the face. The Milperra Massacre, as it has come to be known, made it clear that the Bandidos were in town, and that they would be a force to reckon with.

The shootout put an end to the undisputed reign of the Comancheros and to their dominance in the Sydney drug trade, and accelerated the rise of the Bandidos in Australia. Their only other serious rivals in size and prominence were the Rebels; the Hells Angels, though they had been active in Australia since the late ’70s, had relatively few chapters and a much smaller membership. They had not become the dominant biker presence Down Under they had almost everywhere else.

In the aftermath of the massacre, police charged 43 people. None of the accused from either side were willing to testify. Jock Ross was singled out by the judge in the trial as being primarily responsible for the violence; he was sentenced to life imprisonment. Seven other Comancheros also received life sentences. 16 of the new Bandidos received 14 years for manslaughter. At the end of the three-year trial, there were a total of 63 convictions for murder, and 147 for manslaughter. The trial itself was the largest Australia had ever seen.

The massacre also prompted swift changes to Australian firearms legislation. Semi-automatic weapons, for instance, were banned; one had been used during the clash. This measure was extremely unpopular with Australian gun owners in general; it would seem there were a lot of them. The Labor Party, who had passed the legislation in question, suffered their worst defeat in decades in the next election, primarily because of this backlash. The new government quickly rescinded the ban. However, it was eventually reinstated, in 1997, and remains on the books today.

There were only two bikers involved in the massacre who managed to escape conviction. One was Philip "Knuckles" McElwaine. He was a Comanchero, as were his two brothers, Mark "Gloves" and Greg "Dukes" McElwaine; the three were enforcers within the club. Philip, again like his brothers, was a boxer and had won a gold medal as a middleweight at the Commonwealth Games held in Edmonton in 1978. His boxing career was later ended by a motorcycle accident. He was acquitted of charges from the massacre and freed.

The other to avoid conviction was Arthur "Snodgrass" Spencer, the leader of the new Australian Bandidos, though he didn’t share McElwaine’s good fortune. Snodgrass was arrested for his part in the massacre, but killed himself in prison before he was brought to trial.

Some 20 years later, despite the dominance of the Bandidos, the Comancheros continue to maintain a serious presence, frequently challenging their rivals for a share of the Australian drug market. The conflict has been fuelled by another mass defection: in 2007, over 60 members of two Nomads chapters patched over to the Bandidos. This led to a series of brutal attacks by the gangs on each other, and seems to have led to the formation of yet another gang, known as Notorious. A police operation created to deal with this wave of violence resulted in more than 300 arrests on over 800 charges. The defection may have been sparked by a change in Comanchero leadership. In 2006, Raymond "Sunshine" Kucler, a Milperra survivor, took over as the club’s president. He replaced Jock Ross, who seems to have remained in control even while he was in prison, and after he was paroled.

It seems that biker clubs are like weeds — they just keep growing back. And like weeds, they keep spreading: the Outlaws arrived in 1994; more recently, the Black Pistons, their primary support club, opened their first Australian chapter in 2007. Besides all the aforementioned gangs, Australia is also home to several smaller clubs, like the Finks, the Gypsy Jokers and the remaining Nomads. And of course, there remains a small but powerful contingent of everybody’s favourites, the Hells Angels.
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,918
yes, i dont fancy underbelly and its offshoots, clearly im jaded.
i'll stick to my pussy shows like game of thrones and breaking bad
soundcloud
mixcloud

New Mixes

Dear Summer, with thanks
Earth Rhythm
Ina Dub Sound
dementruck +

magic crappens

Times thanked
< 904
nah mate
Tha Gooch +

wut wut

Times thanked
< 101

Quote:

Originally Posted by special ed View Post

game of thrones and breaking bad

fuck, I didnt know you were that hardcore
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 505

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davomaxi View Post

Sounds like a potentially interesting plotline, but consider me pretty cynical about commercial TV productions of this sort. It looks line another Underbelly style overproduced, overdirected, ham handed, shitty acted cheesy aussie production. Won't be tuning in.

If it was done more in an ABC style 'Wildside' type thing then I'd be more interested.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Why couldn't channel 10 try a different style to 9's underbelly. And they even have Drazik from Underbelly. You'd think Australia's only actors were all in Underbelly, I'm sick of those ****s especially the wanker that played Carl Williams.

I look forward to the day when the directors of Aussie crime docos (CIA, Tough Nuts) make a fictional crime drama because their reenacments are always realistic and the acting excellent, all with people you've never seen before.
dart +

marching up and down the square

Times thanked
< 348
home & away/neighbours with guns.

that could be fun.
Full Frequency Wednesdays on RTR FM 92.1 ~ www.rtrfm.com.au

www.inthemix.com.au/forum ~ known troublemaker
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,241
average so far
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
sonicc +

Times thanked
< 3,314
Ehh it was okay. An in proper Underbelly tradition there was bouncing naked titties within the first 35 seconds. I will watch it again.
Tha Gooch +

wut wut

Times thanked
< 101
well it was OK - the previews of whats coming kept me interested to tune in again

what i thought would be the majority of the storey they covered in the first 10mins - so interesting to see where they take it

a couple of facepalm moments - when they are partying in teh bush and there is a guy doing a burn-out while some chick is doing cartwheels around the palce - maybe they had of shown them doing lines of speed beforehand it might have made sense

what really pissed me off was the bullshit 10 News special before it - talk about lacking substance or for that matter any real facts, absolute trash
sonicc +

Times thanked
< 3,314
^^ Yeah that Ten news special was a whole lot of face palm.

1. Looking out of chopper flying over Sydney at night. “Below us right now is a city gripped in fear, as a war is being waged”.

2. Going to a “licensed” gun dealer who for some reason had his face covered, and holding up a gun and saying “Whoa you do feel powerful holding these don’t you”.

3. Interviewing Bikies and asking the same old question: “Are Bikies involved in crime”? Yeah he’s going to say “actually now you mention it I have been meaning to let the police know about that drive by I did the other day”.
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 1,924
Bogans Of Anarchy. Great tits all round but.
phelon +

Times thanked
< 373
Want to try some of that BIA
ITM EPL Predictions Champion 2012/2013
SkinDeep +

Bonafide

Times thanked
< 201
What is it about crime shows on Australian TV? We have a glut of shows produced here, I won't even start to list them, and then we import yet another glut of shows from the US. Cops. Crims. Cops. Crims. Cops. Crims. Cops. Crims. Cops. Crims. Cops. Crims. Cops. Crims. FUCK! Who fucking cares about this shit? Is there no other topics (apart from fucking cooking and fat idiots on treadmills) that deserve a timeslot? I feel stupid just walking past my TV when it's turned off. Tune in for another episode of NYCISIPD:LA where, for something completely different, we're going to find some crackhead rapist selling meth to children and PUT HIM AWAY. Hold on to your hats while SMRT PoliceGuy McFuckhead uses leet haxoring skills to follow the clues, has a brief dalliance with CoStar McBoobs and solves the fucken crime in a totally different way to last time. Watch closely as your grey matter atrophies and you forget how to vote.

Fuck this shit, I hate it so much!
there must be some mistake I didn't mean to let them take away my soul am I too old is it too late

my soundcloud my last.fm
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
^^^ I hear ya...Its what Aussie TV is all about unfortunately..."jumping on the bandwagon" ratings were a hit on reality TV so let's make all shows about reality...then everyone loves a singing contest...lets make Aus Idiol, X Factor, the Voice, Young Talent Time and whatever Ch 10 has coming with Hugh Sheridan as a host of that new singing show crap...then everyone loves cooking, lets make Masterchef, MKR, Iron Chef (utter fail from ch7)...everyone loves rennovations coming from the Block, so those two horrendous rennovation shows were created by ch10 and ch9 made last year...then you got true crime which ratings were a hit with Underbelly...so everyone jumps on this and creates all these crappy re-enactments such as the Bikie Wars and lets make the criminals famous and cool for the kids to grow up in...then you got the Jersey/Geordie Shore bandwagon of the Shire! Then you have Kardashian-like show for Lara Bingle (someone please kill her!)...

Rant finished for now...
[Put Signature Here]
sonicc +

Times thanked
< 3,314
The second episode was entertaining and I’m looking forward to the next one when the two clubs split. I like their take on the goings on of the wild bikie parties, last week it was girls jumping around topless doing cartwheels and this week it was tug of war . And what’s happening to Drasics eyes? They are getting more cocked each episode.

Last edited by sonicc: 23-May-12 at 02:04pm

Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
^^^ Good thing about last night's episode...they didn't drag on and on and on about the story like the Underbelly series....they seem to get straight to the point
[Put Signature Here]
Tha Gooch +

wut wut

Times thanked
< 101

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicc View Post

And what’s happening to Drasics eyes? They are getting more cocked each episode.

agree

i have always - for as long as i remember, associated bikie gangs with speed and amphetamines, so there depiction of a bikie party is the only part of the show that makes me face palm

cartwheeling girls, burn-outs and tug of war games = fail. maybe the aphetamines thing didnt start to later on, but i love everything about the show except these parts

the blonde piece bung eyes has got himself is quite tidy indeed
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,241
I've been sucked in to this shite and now I must watch it till the end. It's terrible, but there is boobs.
Dj Whisper +

Bouncing off clouds

Times thanked
< 843
I've got it IQ'd from the start but haven't watched any yet.

Delete or start?
sonicc +

Times thanked
< 3,314

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj Whisper View Post

I've got it IQ'd from the start but haven't watched any yet.

Delete or start?

I say you watch it, especially if you are interested in the subject matter. Yes they play tug of war at their “Epic Biker Kick-on Benderthons”, but hey I have played shirtless morning street soccer with a beer can many a time at a bender. Loldrugs. But apart from that I recon it’s a great old watch - kneecappings, beards, dirty denim vests, beer from cans and lots and lots of other types of cans. What more do you want? You can tell they have put effort into costume design, capturing the old biker club logos and looks, and they have defiantly done their homework on a lot of things such as accurate site locations and old biker clubs such as the Gladiators MC from Ashfield. I have to pat channel 10 on the back for this one. As few and far between as Drasics eyes do they ever have as decent a drama..

Last edited by sonicc: 01-Jun-12 at 10:29am

Dj Whisper +

Bouncing off clouds

Times thanked
< 843
Sold, cheers
airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

Times thanked
< 11,139
My wife watches it, I reckon I pay attention for 10% of the time, the rest of the time I check how many likes I have on ITM
Unspoilt by Progress
pr0gress +

Times thanked
< 17
Having read Caesar's books a few months back I thought this was worth checking out. Agree with sonicc its worth watching, CH10 have put some effort into it.

Interested to see the massacre scene next week.
But if your life is such a big joke, why should I care?
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,241
Just get to ****s killing each other, it's the only reason I'm watching.

Spoiler:
and because there's bewbs. o_0

Edit: I'd smash the shit out of Snoddy's misses.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,241
An entire episode where nothing fucking happened, what a crock of shit. They were waiting to go to the swap meet at the end of the previous episode and then for 3/4 of this episode the 'cheros were waiting for SNoddy and his boys to turn up. This massacre better be half decently shot next week or else I'm going to be pretty pissed I've stuck with this shitty show till the end.
sonicc +

Times thanked
< 3,314
^^ Agreed, that episode was about nothing and not in a good Sienfeld way. I reckon the real reason everyone left the Commancheros is because they were sick of Jock spitting on them when he talked.
CheelWinston +

6 month suspension for peptides

Times thanked
< 1,834
Got this recorded but not sure if I'll watch. I've read the book and not sure if watching it on telly serves any purpose

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davomaxi View Post

Lol, Wildside wasnt overdirected? Well I guess youre referring to the painful ad libbing, point taken I guess

But srs wildside was like this

Scene 1: filmed through 2 dirty windows looking into an interview room, Tony Martin looks coked up

Scene 2: long shot, 1 character partly obscured by statue, slow pan

Scene 3: back at the cop shop, this time filming through 4 panes of absolutely filthy glass, Tony Martin visibly gurning

Actually yeah it was pretty sweet
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,241
Cheel, the TV show is nothing like the book. Leaves out a heap of detail. It's just a TV show about a bunch of blokes, beer, bikes and titties who hate each other and then shoot each other made for prime time TV. It could have been good, but it isn't.
sonicc +

Times thanked
< 3,314
All in all it was okay, but I was interested in the subject. I would say it would have been a pretty slow drawn out series for someone that was not interested.

It was pretty shameful how they treated the character of 14 year old Leanne Walters that was shot dead on the day. She was portrayed as a hussy that was riding (in a relationship) with the Rebels Sergeant at Arms. They portrayed her in a less kind light, which made you feel less sorry for her. This was to serve the purpose of the creators underlying theme that Bikies are kind of anti heroes. I would not be happy if I was the family.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,241
The last episode sucked and ruined what was an already average series.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »